Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I see them Wednesday next week. Bring on 7empest and Third Eye. 
    I am really hoping for 7empest. I get them again the 28th. If you didn't see the first leg, Pnuema was unreal live.
    I cannot wait. Love the new album. Love Tool live. This will be my 10th or 11th time. Got my Stiiizi and some 60mg Jolly Ranchers and going by myself. Time to get lost in the greatness that is Tool. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,872
    a little brief tribute. they played a partial Passage to Bangkok for Neil.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    From the look of the set list not much has changed. Still going to be a great show. Bring on Wednesday 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,146
    Danny has a tough night ahead. Check out the Tool sub. A fitting tribute.
    What the hell is a Tool sub? Is it the new five dollar foot long at Subway?

Funny. Tough night last night my comment too short, sorry.

the tool subreddit is probably the most popular Tool forum.

last night Tool started their 2020 tour and their subreddit front page was flooded with Neil Peart tributes. Danny is a friend and a fan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    From the look of the set list not much has changed. Still going to be a great show. Bring on Wednesday 
    On reddit someone who did VIP said they sound checked a tune they’ve only played 6 times since 2011, & (IMO) it’s a great one. I don’t want to play spoiler so I won’t say what it is, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t break it out in the next couple of nights. 
  • Options
    On reddit someone who did VIP said they sound checked a tune they’ve only played 6 times since 2011, & (IMO) it’s a great one. I don’t want to play spoiler so I won’t say what it is, but I’ll be surprised if they don’t break it out in the next couple of nights. 
    Flood?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Probably Eulogy.. they played it one night shortly after Chris Cornell died. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    RS151862 said:
    Probably Eulogy.. they played it one night shortly after Chris Cornell died. 
    I was thinking that or The Patient.
  • Options
  • Options
    Damn, I hope that happens. I have never seen that live. Maybe I'll get lucky in Atlanta!
  • Options
    Damn, I hope that happens. I have never seen that live. Maybe I'll get lucky in Atlanta!
    I was so excited to get Intolerance in Boston 2 months ago... it took me 13 shows over 22 years, and I finally got to hear it live.

I hope you get this, there’s nothing like catching a white whale. 

• Options
    I was so excited to get Intolerance in Boston 2 months ago... it took me 13 shows over 22 years, and I finally got to hear it live.

Man, that Boston show was awesome. I was at Mohegan as well. Thought Boston was way better. Glad you got that, it was my first time seeing Intolerance as well.

I'll be happy if I get a track or two that I didn't get on leg 1. White whale would be icing on the cake.

• Options

Man, that Boston show was awesome. I was at Mohegan as well. Thought Boston was way better. Glad you got that, it was my first time seeing Intolerance as well.

I'll be happy if I get a track or two that I didn't get on leg 1. White whale would be icing on the cake.

I was also at Mohegan... I thought they were both amazing. Enjoy Atlanta, I’m hoping to catch them at least once more this year. 
  • Options

I was also at Mohegan... I thought they were both amazing. Enjoy Atlanta, I’m hoping to catch them at least once more this year. 
    Mohegan was definitely good. Just loved that Bodton show, but likely because it was first seeing the new music live. 
  • Options
    Tool. Fresno. Tonight. I am there. It’s going to be epic. Couldn’t score any edibles. Stupid ass Fresno county. Good thing I have my vape. 
  • Options
    Scored a poster. Out of 666 available. And snuck my vape in. Going to be a great night. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
  • Options
    Scored a poster. Out of 666 available. And snuck my vape in. Going to be a great night. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Good job on the poster, it’s a nice one. 

Enjoy the show. 
  • Options
    Good job on the poster, it’s a nice one. 

Enjoy the show. 
    Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Patient and Swamp song?! Nice!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Patient and Swamp song?! Nice!
    +1

• Options
    Just woke up for work. I will post my recap later. 

Till then 🤯
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    edited January 2020
    Pic of poster?

I just saw that they recycled the Barclays design for SD and made it foil.  Cmon man.

EDIT.  found the poster.  What is the significance of the smoking skull?  I've seen that design before for them.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sorry. Will try to post poster later. Here at work. This is what I sent to one of my good friends about last night. Kinda sums up the show. 

My buddy and I were talking about it sucks Tool doesn't change the set list like PJ and other cool bands. After last nights show this is what I sent him. And check the set list. They pulled out songs the haven't played in nine years. Tool is the ONLY band I give a pass too for the same set list. So much goes in to every aspect of the show. Videos. Lights. Everything. They are unreal right now.  

So i was thinking about the set list thing. Pearl Jam and DMB are like a jam sessions with amazing musicians and songs. Tool is like theatre. The lights. The videos. Everything is so intricate it would be hard to change up all the time. The set list was awesome. Not a bad song. The new songs are a whole other level live. I mean. Wow. They definitely brought it. And Maynard will never hit those screams and some notes again but he was happy and interactive with the crowd. Even came in front for a song and was having a great time. They all were. It was awesome.

What’s great about the bands from our era is the chaos and intensity of the shows have transitioned into epic professional top of the game shows that leave you inspired and in awe. 

Tool has shaped their set to showcase the brilliance of the band and Maynards limitations. He’s old. We all are. Eddie isn’t the same but still awesome. Different times and we are lucky we grew up in the best era in the history of music and still have the Tools and PJ and DMB and others that still will change people’s lives with their art. That concert last night was like waking up from a long sleep and realizing your in paradise. Save mart center sound is garbage but tool brought out the best sound you can get in there. After Pearl Jam in Seattle and one of the greatest shows ever I was kinda over concerts and was honestly bored at them. Last night was different. I felt like a kid again. What brought me to love live music and the energy and change it can bring was back. From the opener to the end. It was just brilliant bro. And they are untouchable for what they do. Every aspect of the show is so thought out and unreal and to see them enjoying themselves again was awesome. It felt like they were trapped and now this new album has brought a youth and drive back. I was lucky to see what I saw last night and am still on a high from it. Tired and at work but wow.
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • Options
    And this was my 10th to 13th time seeing Tool. They have just raised their game to a whole other level. 
  • Options
    Last nights show in “Fresyes” was my 20th TOOL show  since 2001. It was the first time I have ever seen them play Swamp Song and the first time since 2010 that I got to witness The Patient live. They were both amazing and they really turned up Maynard’s vocals on Swamp Song and he sounded incredible. The show in San Jose was great but I have to say I enjoyed last nights set and show more. The new songs sound great live. 
    12/31/1991 07/18/1992 11/04/1995 11/19/1997 10/31/1999 06/01/2003 07/18/2006 11/26/2013 10/26/2014
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    Sorry. Will try to post poster later. Here at work. This is what I sent to one of my good friends about last night. Kinda sums up the show. 

My buddy and I were talking about it sucks Tool doesn't change the set list like PJ and other cool bands. After last nights show this is what I sent him. And check the set list. They pulled out songs the haven't played in nine years. Tool is the ONLY band I give a pass too for the same set list. So much goes in to every aspect of the show. Videos. Lights. Everything. They are unreal right now.  

So i was thinking about the set list thing. Pearl Jam and DMB are like a jam sessions with amazing musicians and songs. Tool is like theatre. The lights. The videos. Everything is so intricate it would be hard to change up all the time. The set list was awesome. Not a bad song. The new songs are a whole other level live. I mean. Wow. They definitely brought it. And Maynard will never hit those screams and some notes again but he was happy and interactive with the crowd. Even came in front for a song and was having a great time. They all were. It was awesome.

What’s great about the bands from our area is the chaos and intensity of the shows have transitioned into epic professional top of the game shows that leave you inspired and in awe. 

Tool has shaped their set to showcase the brilliance of the band and Maynards limitations. He’s old. We all are. Eddie isn’t the same but still awesome. Different times and we are lucky we grew up in the best era in the history of music and still have the Tools and PJ and DMB and others that still will change people’s lives with their art. That concert last night was like waking up from a long sleep and realizing your in paradise. Save mart center sound is garbage but tool brought out the best sound you can get in there. After Pearl Jam in Seattle and one of the greatest shows ever I was kinda over concerts and was honestly bored at them. Last night was different. I felt like a kid again. What brought me to love live music and the energy and change it can bring was back. From the opener to the end. It was just brilliant bro. And they are untouchable for what they do. Every aspect of the show is so thought out and unreal and to see them enjoying themselves again was awesome. It felt like they were trapped and now this new album has brought a youth and drive back. I was lucky to see what I saw last night and am still on a high from it. Tired and at work but wow.

great review.  I saw them in SLC and not for one second did I feel the show was worked around Maynard being "old". I feel like he held his end of the "Tool" show.  I'm currently in Vegas counting down the hours till tomorrow night..!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What’s great about the bands from our area is the chaos and intensity of the shows have transitioned into epic professional top of the game shows that leave you inspired and in awe. 

Just read this to my husband.  The bolded part is right on!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Thank you. Just watching the show last night, I couldn’t help but think how great their crew is and the designers of the lights and lasers to go perfectly with the song. The colors of the lights and the images in the background are the perfect colors for the songs mood and traps you further into the song. Like fast food companies use colors to make you hungry in their ads. Tool encompasses every sense in your body while playing some of the most beautiful music ever written. The way Danny Carey drums is a work of art in itself. The complexity of the arrangements played with such amazing grace. Flipping the sticks while playing what most could never dream on a huge gong. The masterful double bass work all playing with a roll to pull you through the song. I haven’t felt this excited from live music for years. I have to sleep but if you have never seen Tool do yourself a favor and go where the next closest show to your location, if you can. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    Went to both San Jose and Fresno. Was happy to get Descending in San Jose because I had only experienced the version without lyrics on the previous tour. I was amazed at the surround sound speakers they had rigged up in the back of the arena. I haven't seen that before. That really added depth to Danny's drums. Finally got my wish in Fresno that they drop either The Pot or Jambi for another song. While I wish it was a new song, I will never complain about getting The Patient (and Eon Blue Apocalypse) live. Such a therapeutic song. Swamp Song was just icing on the cake. The Fresno show reminded me of how good the Lateralus tour was. The songs from Fear Inoculum are adding such depth to the show.

Pneuma was so good as the closer at Aftershock, I don't know why they haven't continued that. That song is a such an opus live with the visuals and lasers. That song alone was worth the 13 year wait between albums.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    can any of you that have seen them this leg of the tour tell me about what time the are taking the stage?  Thanks