Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    PJNB said:
    Wow cool pic and great seats there. How were the new songs live?
    Great, especially Pneuma. As someone else mentioned, MJK's vox are a little buried. My brother thought he might be sick and that's why The Pot was dropped. I'm super bummed about it. Invincible was moved to the end of the main set and 46 & 2 to the encore. The encore break + Danny's drum solo + CCT really drain the crowd. Ends up being well over 30 minutes. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Outside merch is supposed to start at 4pm in Indy...has anyone hit the early merch yet?  Is it crazy or not too bad? 

I wouldn't mind grabbing a poster if it is decent.  I saw them in Louisville a few months back and the lines weren't bad but the poster sucked.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    PJNB said:
    Great, especially Pneuma. As someone else mentioned, MJK's vox are a little buried. My brother thought he might be sick and that's why The Pot was dropped. I'm super bummed about it. Invincible was moved to the end of the main set and 46 & 2 to the encore. The encore break + Danny's drum solo + CCT really drain the crowd. Ends up being well over 30 minutes. 

Sorry to hear that. I'd be super frustrated by them pulling a song. They dont play that long and we know everyone else on tour paid to hear it.

I realize the band is subject to the same ills we all are. Seems they could do something... maybe an extended ad lib but that's not really their style.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Sorry to hear that. I'd be super frustrated by them pulling a song. They dont play that long and we know everyone else on tour paid to hear it.

I realize the band is subject to the same ills we all are. Seems they could do something... maybe an extended ad lib but that's not really their style.
    30 min drum solo sounds like an ad lib to me.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    PJNB said:

I got confused by that. Do they normally do CCT + Danny solo? I thought that CC was the solo? So Danny played longer last nite?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    PJNB said:

I got confused by that. Do they normally do CCT + Danny solo? I thought that CC was the solo? So Danny played longer last nite?
    It was longer.  He came out and played with the gong, then drum solo, then CCT.  Maybe they needed more time to get into their Halloween costumes.  If you look at Adam's IG post, his Dwight costume had some serious makeup.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Same setlist but I'm really stoked for Chicago in a couple days. Hope MJK's voice holds on and nothing gets canceled. 
    I thought for sure that they would pull out something from the catalog being it was Halloween.
    Am I the only one who piss breaks during The Pot or Jambi? I love me some TOOL but those 2 songs I can easily skip over. Replace with Hooker with a Penis, Flood, H, Eulogy, The Grudge, Lateralus or even You Lied or No Quarter and you'll be blowing minds.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    Same setlist but I'm really stoked for Chicago in a couple days. Hope MJK's voice holds on and nothing gets canceled. 
    I thought for sure that they would pull out something from the catalog being it was Halloween.
    Am I the only one who piss breaks during The Pot or Jambi? I love me some TOOL but those 2 songs I can easily skip over. Replace with Hooker with a Penis, Flood, H, Eulogy, The Grudge, Lateralus or even You Lied or No Quarter and you'll be blowing minds.
    For their frequency of touring and length of shows, I can't afford a Tool piss break
  • Options
    Love both songs live.  If I had to pick one song from the set for them to cut, The Pot would be LAST on that list, so of course that's the one they skipped last night.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I read on reddit that Danny did the extended drum solo to give Adam time to get into the Dwight Schrute costume / makeup for the finale - if this is the case, I would think that's why they dropped the Pot.

• Options
    PJNB said:

I read on reddit that Danny did the extended drum solo to give Adam time to get into the Dwight Schrute costume / makeup for the finale - if this is the case, I would think that's why they dropped the Pot.

Yeah, which just seems like a big FU to the fans there for the music.  At least that should mean I'll get to see/hear it on Sunday.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    PJNB said:

Jeeeeeeesus if that's true. What % of the crowd could even reasonably make out what he's wearing?
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Yeah, which just seems like a big FU to the fans there for the music.  At least that should mean I'll get to see/hear it on Sunday.

At the Monster Mash 4 years ago, they came out dressed up as Zeppelin & opened w/ No Quarter, but then left the stage for a ten minute intermission to get out of costume. (I assume)

It was an awesome moment, but the delay after one song was frustrating.

• Options
    Word is...
    New U.S. 2020 Tool dates coming soon.

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,286
    Word is...

Yes!!!  Bring on 7empest next leg!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Word is...

Hope some Europe too..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJNB said:

I always thought that the band never really gave a shit about the fans...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love this so much.

• Options
    He looks so much like Dwight its scary. And AWESOME. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Someone said on reddit that they soundchecked Descending this afternoon. 

I would love to see that added to the set when I see them, and hopefully not at the expense of any other new songs. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804

I would love to see that added to the set when I see them, and hopefully not at the expense of any other new songs. 
    Take out Vicarious or Jambi for this and I would be ok. I would love Schism to be pulled but we know that is not happening. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Take out Vicarious or Jambi for this and I would be ok. I would love Schism to be pulled but we know that is not happening. 
    Or any of the 3 Aenima songs, really. They’re classic songs, but they’ve been played pretty much every time I’ve seen them. 

I am hoping we get Intolerance in Boston or CT... 12 shows & I have yet to hear that live. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    edited November 2019
    Anybody been to a show on this tour knew what time Tool started/ended?

The Indy schedule is Killing Joke at 730 with Tool at 845
    Killing Joke brought it...... hard and heavy....
    and the schedule was tight. TOOL on at 845.....  intermission right now.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    You fuckers are in for it if you are seeing them this tour.

They sound fantastic....   Visuals are great and timed on the money.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Looks like the setlist has been shortened for good. No Pot again tonight in Indy and the Intolerance/Part of Me spot was replaced with Descending. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Looks like the setlist has been shortened for good. No Pot again tonight in Indy and the Intolerance/Part of Me spot was replaced with Descending. 
    Unfortunate choices for sure but still solid set. It just could be that much better with some small tweaks. 
  • Options
    Tool’s one of the few bands out there who can “shorten” their set by adding a song that’s longer than the combined two songs they’re cutting. 
  • Options
    Tool’s one of the few bands out there who can “shorten” their set by adding a song that’s longer than the combined two songs they’re cutting. 
    right. on stage at exactly 845. 12 minute intermission(via projected timer on backdrop) and over at exactly 1100....

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    is there still a no picture/taping policy for them? My show is in a few more weeks.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    is there still a no picture/taping policy for them? My show is in a few more weeks.
    Yes. Only allowed during Stinkfist.