Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102

The Tour section of the website now includes 2017 tour info!!!!

Sadly, it is just the Rock and Roll HOF show... :angry:

Man...you just made my heart rate pick up for a second.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885

It does say "upcoming tour" with JUST the HOF date. Isn't that good news?! At least it seems like a tour of some sort is in the works.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

It does say "upcoming tour" with JUST the HOF date. Isn't that good news?! At least it seems like a tour of some sort is in the works.
    that's how I see it as well. It's just a matter of time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- This is a Pearl Jam appearance, not a Pearl Jam show." I'm not reading anything more into it than that.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mfc2006 said:

I know last year there was "smoke before fire" regarding venue holds, etc. for the tour. Have they ever just popped a surprise tour announcement in the past before solid rumors leaked? If not, seems like we have a lengthy wait ahead still.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    bbiggs said:

mfc2006 said:

I know last year there was "smoke before fire" regarding venue holds, etc. for the tour. Have they ever just popped a surprise tour announcement in the past before solid rumors leaked? If not, seems like we have a lengthy wait ahead still.
    This bunch of crazies have a contact at just about every arena in the US. The contacts know our passion for PJ and seems like leaks just flow. It would be amazing for a tour of any size to fly under the radar. That being said, I hope they are trying to pull it off.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

"Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony- This is a Pearl Jam appearance, not a Pearl Jam show." I'm not reading anything more into it than that.

That's why I'm watching on TV at a later date
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    That makes sense. Well, I hope some info starts leaking soon (as we all do)! :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    my2hands said:

That's why I'm watching on TV at a later date
    Yeah I d rather save my money and fly somewhere for the weekend.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    Yah the leaks are real. I remember someone posting the proposed Seattle 2013 dates about a month or so before it was officially announced. Even though it ended up being 1 show in stead of 2, the date was spot on, and it allowed me to have the time booked off work.

It is very rare these days to not have those kind of leaks leading up to a tour announcement. There's too much planning that goes into a tour, and too many people involved, that it's pretty hard for info not to leak.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    Why is my2hands in timeout?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    100 Pacer said:

Is that what those jail bars mean?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    I demand @jmug23 comeback in here and give an update lol. He seemed like he was just phone call away from finding out more info but didn't want to bother his source. Well it's time to start bothering! We are dying here.
  • Options
    C'mon already...i need summer shows so bad, i nearly bought Bush tickets today
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    100 Pacer said:

he forgot to renew his 10c membership. That's the new thing around here.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    100 Pacer said:

I was a jerk in a political debate... frustrating times, but that's no excuse...

I generally prefer to have fun by discussing/speculating/hoping for tour dates :)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Holland said:

I demand @jmug23 comeback in here and give an update lol. He seemed like he was just phone call away from finding out more info but didn't want to bother his source. Well it's time to start bothering! We are dying here.

haha..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I've been an avid reader of this thread for about a year now. Last year around this time, there were leaked rumors about a summer tour in cities (somewhat) near me including Sioux Falls, Des Moines, and Minneapolis (Target Field). Then they played some shows in the Southeast. I didn't plan a trip down there because, surely, there would be other midwest/west dates announced sometime after. Since then, they played Fenway and Wrigley, which I couldn't make it too.

Please Pearl Jam, give us some more dates. Preferably in the Midwest United States or Canada :):):)
  • Options
    susannjsusannj Posts: 646
    We need some summer dates!!! Let's do this Pearl Jam!! MSG is always solid
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Holland said:

Holland said:

Haha, funny I'm seeing him tonight. I'll 100% post what I hear. I tried to ask in a round about sort of way over a text recently but it got me nowhere. I'll try and be a little more assertive tonight and I'll see what it gets me:) I'll let u know.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    jmug23 said:

Holland said:

Holland said:

Haha, funny I'm seeing him tonight. I'll 100% post what I hear. I tried to ask in a round about sort of way over a text recently but it got me nowhere. I'll try and be a little more assertive tonight and I'll see what it gets me:) I'll let u know.
    Please do. And bring a pair of pliers with you just in case you need to do some dental work on him.
    I'm joking of course.
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    jmug23 said:

Holland said:

Holland said:

No worries! I was just messing around. Hopefully something comes of this but if not tell him we said thanks anyways!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Maybe, just maybe, a political album by Eddie Vedder, then EV US/Euro Tour (summer/autumn 2017); all against Donald Trump - this would be totally awesome.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,797
    raindog80 said:

Maybe, just maybe, a political album by Eddie Vedder, then EV US/Euro Tour (summer/autumn 2017); all against Donald Trump - this would be totally awesome.

I gotta be honest but Ive always hated when shows get TOO political. I know I'm in the minority and I am proud when my bands voice their opinion. But I feel like it always divides the room and takes the fun out of shows. I have a feeling I'll be at a lot of awkward rock shows the next 4 years.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    nicknyr15 said:

raindog80 said:

I gotta be honest but Ive always hated when shows get TOO political. I know I'm in the minority and I am proud when my bands voice their opinion. But I feel like it always divides the room and takes the fun out of shows. I have a feeling I'll be at a lot of awkward rock shows the next 4 years.
    Your not alone there.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 778
    edited January 2017
    nicknyr15 said:

raindog80 said:

This is what made Telluride such a great show. Only one brief political reference. Only positive talk and vibes other than that.
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    nicknyr15 said:

raindog80 said:

don't watch the RRHOF. I imagine the speeches are going to be awfully political and critical.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,797
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    On the other hand, the politics used to make angry Eddie come out, which was always kind of fun.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited January 2017
    nicknyr15 said:

I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

You're never alone, Nick. Plus, you've got a wife that will actually go to PJ shows...no wait, travel long distances to see Pearl Jam shows with you.

In all seriousness, I get and agree with what you are saying. I would gather we up here in Canada don't get quite as many/long rants from EV as our good neighbours to the south but I've listened to the bootlegs. Plus as a U2 fan as well, I've been to a show or two that has gone a bit off the rails due to Bono's excessive speeches/preaches.