Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

It's funny how many people are asking favors of those waiting in line. Seriously?

"favors" implies nothing in return. people are clearly offering payments in different forms for their time and effort.
    I dont know why it matters either way really....the reality is there are flippers buying max merch and selling on ebay.

If there is a fan waiting in line when most of us cannot be, trying to buy a poster...why is it so ridiculous to think that they could buy a highly sought after jersey for a fellow fan?

Every item a fan helps another fan get for retail price is one less that hits the flip market....
    Well said!
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,194
    edited August 2016
    slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

It's funny how many people are asking favors of those waiting in line. Seriously?

"favors" implies nothing in return. people are clearly offering payments in different forms for their time and effort.
    I dont know why it matters either way really....the reality is there are flippers buying max merch and selling on ebay.

If there is a fan waiting in line when most of us cannot be, trying to buy a poster...why is it so ridiculous to think that they could buy a highly sought after jersey for a fellow fan?

Every item a fan helps another fan get for retail price is one less that hits the flip market....
    Counter to that: I went to MSG and the merch booths were picked clean. Looking out for fellow fans is super cool in general, but it's a bummer when I can't get something at a show I attend because someone on their couch in San Francisco just wants to add to their collection.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    yeah, i was thinking about taking orders on here via PM and ringing 1000s on the cc for fanclubbers that cant make it. might be too much thou and im sure ill catch shit if i cant get everything for everyone, but i would be willing to do it.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    yeah, i was thinking about taking orders on here via PM and ringing 1000s on the cc for fanclubbers that cant make it. might be too much thou and im sure ill catch shit if i cant get everything for everyone, but i would be willing to do it.
    can I message you?
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    pjl44 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Counter to that: I went to MSG and the merch booth was picked clean. Looking out for fellow fans is super cool in general, but it's a bummer when I can't get something at a show I attend because someone on their couch in San Francisco just wants to add to their collection.
    totally understand but because flippers just buy max merch, I would wager that had fans not helped fans, the booth may very well have still been picked clean...with more inventory on ebay. No metrics for this obviously and when you get to a booth and it doesnt have what you want it definitely sucks...doesnt matter if it all went to fellow fans for face or the flip-machine....you're not getting what you want and it sucks.
  • Options

JC29856 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    can I message you?
    only if your heart is pure!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    Yeah I'm on the hunt for someone to do that now haha. My buddy and I can't leave PA until tomorrow AM so we'll likely miss out on the posters we're looking for.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

While also possibly fucking over the fans who are putting in the line time behind them.

I'm not saying that to be judgmental or take a side.

I've asked for merch from shows that I couldn't attend, and I've bought friends merch from shows that they couldn't attend. I've also been the next person in line when something I waited hours for sells out to the person in front of me, so what comes around goes around.

It is what it is: Catch-22.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

JC29856 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    Yeah I'm on the hunt for someone to do that now haha. My buddy and I can't leave PA until tomorrow AM so we'll likely miss out on the posters we're looking for.
    but you're going so you have a chance at getting merch, this would be for those that couldnt make it....still deciding
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Well said!
    but you're going so you have a chance at getting merch, this would be for those that couldnt make it....still deciding
    Ahh got ya. Fair enough.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,194
    slug420 said:

pjl44 said:

slug420 said:

jp307677 said:

Counter to that: I went to MSG and the merch booth was picked clean. Looking out for fellow fans is super cool in general, but it's a bummer when I can't get something at a show I attend because someone on their couch in San Francisco just wants to add to their collection.
    totally understand but because flippers just buy max merch, I would wager that had fans not helped fans, the booth may very well have still been picked clean...with more inventory on ebay. No metrics for this obviously and when you get to a booth and it doesnt have what you want it definitely sucks...doesnt matter if it all went to fellow fans for face or the flip-machine....you're not getting what you want and it sucks.
    Yeah...I'm with ya and ultimately don't realllllly care all that much either way. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't condemn flippers any more or less than the fans that hoard the new and shiny. Same impulse and at least with the former I stand some chance of eventually picking up something I'm looking for.
  • Options
    Jay1187Jay1187 Wakefield, MA Posts: 114
    Going to leave the office at 12:30 to pick up my tix hopefully can grab a shirt to but somehow need to do this all without anyone knowing I left work.
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 ,Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, TD Garden - May 24, 2006, TD Garden - May 25, 2006
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008, Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008, TD Garden - May 17, 2010, DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013, Fenway 1 August 5, 2016
    Fenway 2 August 7, 2016, Wrigley 2 August 20, 2018, Fenway 1 Sept 2, 2018, Fenway 2 Sept 4, 2018, MSG Sept 11, 2022
  • Options
    mcdonamsmcdonams Boston Posts: 86
    Jay1187 said:

Going to leave the office at 12:30 to pick up my tix hopefully can grab a shirt to but somehow need to do this all without anyone knowing I left work.

Lines are pretty long, so maybe u can sneak back in around 5:30 :).
    8/8/92, 4/10/94, 4/11/94, 10/2/96, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    2000 - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25, 8/29, 8/30
    2003 - 4/29, 6/18, 6/21, 7/2, 7/3, 7/11
    2004 - 9/28, 9/29
    2006 - 5/12, 5/13, 5/24, 5/25
    2008 - 6/27, 6/28, 6/30
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/21
    2013 - 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2016 - 4/29, 5/1, 8/5, 8/7
  • Options
    GT1015GT1015 Posts: 168
    myoung321 said:

most of this stuff IMO will be much cheaper if you guys are just patient. We haven't even had a show yet. The market will be flooded with stuff from this week I would think. Be patient, stop paying 400% on ebay and take a breathe...it's just stuff. It will be there sooner or later

Let's not forget why we go to these shows... The Music, the atmosphere, that feeling you get when "that moment" happens. The rest is just stuff... Don't let "stuff" diminish "that" feeling.
    Amen to that! I'll be in Chicago, in a new city and I don't want to spend time in line for stuff. Enjoy the city, grab some good food and beer before the shows and if they have merchandise when I get there I'll get some. If not, I will enjoy the Music, Wrigley F*n Field, that shiver effect from that song...the reason I bought tickets. I didn't buy tickets to wait in line to buy more stuff. If there is not crazy lines and stuff is there I want, I will buy it. But if there are crazy lines and something I want is gone...on to the show!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

I'd love a box of cards - would send the full amount plus shipping via PayPal and your choice of a print from my poster portfolio - hit me up bUCK

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    can someone please pick me up a box of cards. I need to fund my TOTD west coast run. lol
  • Options
    aw435aw435 Posts: 80
    GT1015 said:

myoung321 said:

most of this stuff IMO will be much cheaper if you guys are just patient. We haven't even had a show yet. The market will be flooded with stuff from this week I would think. Be patient, stop paying 400% on ebay and take a breathe...it's just stuff. It will be there sooner or later

Let's not forget why we go to these shows... The Music, the atmosphere, that feeling you get when "that moment" happens. The rest is just stuff... Don't let "stuff" diminish "that" feeling.
    Amen to that! I'll be in Chicago, in a new city and I don't want to spend time in line for stuff. Enjoy the city, grab some good food and beer before the shows and if they have merchandise when I get there I'll get some. If not, I will enjoy the Music, Wrigley F*n Field, that shiver effect from that song...the reason I bought tickets. I didn't buy tickets to wait in line to buy more stuff. If there is not crazy lines and stuff is there I want, I will buy it. But if there are crazy lines and something I want is gone...on to the show!
    When I saw the lines at Wrigley in 13, this is what I did. I got a shirt at the merch stand on the field after the show, and have since bought all 4 posters for fair prices on lost dogs and ebeans.
  • Options
    jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    Anyone in the merchant lines now who can post some idea of how long they are and if one of the three locations is shorter?
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

Since most everything is labeled with both dates, there's no way they will sell out of stuff before Sunday - there should be plenty available inside the park on show days. Its what was communicated from the merch people on Tuesday.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Bissy77Bissy77 Minnesota Posts: 446
    It might be too early to tell. But I am heading down to Wrigley 2 and can't make it into town until Sunday. If the same type of merch schedule holds true. Will I have any chance of picking something up Monday morning. I would only be looking for a poster and maybe a shirt? Or would I need to see if I could find someone to help out earlier in the week. I would like to think I could find something to day of the show...but will the majority be sold out?
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • Options
    mcdonamsmcdonams Boston Posts: 86
    jlbusch said:

Anyone in the merchant lines now who can post some idea of how long they are and if one of the three locations is shorter?

Only 2 locations. One on corner of yawkey and van ness was way shorter, but might have a smaller crew working inside so could end up being about equal. Other location also had he benefit of working on Tuesday already, so that might be a more well oiled machine :). I'd plan on spending couple hours as of now.
    8/8/92, 4/10/94, 4/11/94, 10/2/96, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    2000 - 8/23, 8/24, 8/25, 8/29, 8/30
    2003 - 4/29, 6/18, 6/21, 7/2, 7/3, 7/11
    2004 - 9/28, 9/29
    2006 - 5/12, 5/13, 5/24, 5/25
    2008 - 6/27, 6/28, 6/30
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/21
    2013 - 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2016 - 4/29, 5/1, 8/5, 8/7
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,615
    jlbusch said:

only 2 today
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    Strange post 1 on this thread and the merchant email say there should be a third on landown street...guess I'll have to wander over and check it out
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

I think that diagram has been updated:

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    Kudos to the guy-pj fan in merch line that went with Beer and fried chicken and give to guys waititng in the line
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jay1187Jay1187 Wakefield, MA Posts: 114
    No lines to pick up tix but huge lines at both merch stands. I guess I'll just have to wait for the show and get something.
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 ,Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, TD Garden - May 24, 2006, TD Garden - May 25, 2006
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008, Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008, TD Garden - May 17, 2010, DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013, Fenway 1 August 5, 2016
    Fenway 2 August 7, 2016, Wrigley 2 August 20, 2018, Fenway 1 Sept 2, 2018, Fenway 2 Sept 4, 2018, MSG Sept 11, 2022
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    they are gonna get the shits and have to leave the line, LMAO @ a BRILLIANT DIABOLCAL IDEA
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    Hitting merch line around 3:30 on Saturday when I pick up my Sunday 10C tickets. Hoping there will still be an ample supply of goodies given it's not a show day.. will see.
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    rssesq said:

can someone please pick me up a box of cards. I need to fund my TOTD west coast run. lol

Nope, just an old nerd who wants to try to make a complete set
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195

Kudos to the guy-pj fan in merch line that went with Beer and fried chicken and give to guys waititng in the line

I second that! But couldn't bring myself to drink PBR! Call me a snob all you want!!