Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

He means is the size running big, small, or true to size?

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Am I the only one totally baffled over then hype for these cards?
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 512

I'm with you.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    Baffled is the understatement of the year.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520

No
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112

They're pretty cool if you were a baseball card collector. Design is modeled after the '91 Topps set. The packs and box art are similar to that era, too.

I will say, though, that anyone dropping serious loot on the secondary market will likely be hit with some buyer's remorse. Once you tear into those packs and have a stack of sorted cards, I think 1k+ is gonna be a tough pill to swallow.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,991
    So .. how's the crowds this morning? Yeah yeah no lineup before 8am. But close by, how are things? :p
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    Please someone get me the Celtic shirt???..don't push me on ebay..thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    edited August 2016
    I would really love that Thomas poster.

If anyone can pick one up for me, I will trade both the 2016 MSG 1 owl poster and the 2016 TOR 2 Blue Jay poster straight up.

No cash, these two for the Steve Thomas Fenway poster. My two posters are in mint condition, I would expect the same for the Thomas.

I live in the Boston area and could meet Sunday afternoon at the show or any day next week.

Pm if interested.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    any idea on which site has had the thinnest crowds....?
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    I think I nearly feel sick of this merch stuff after spending the last hour on eBay.

The same sellers repeatedly - 5-10 of the same items. 6 x cost, 7 x, fark it, let's push 10 x or even 12 x cost.
    When will this stop....many of us want merch. Most of us, well speaking for myself, acknowledge any help by buying mates stuff for their time and effort.
    There is no bargain on ebay for Boston. It's out of control.
    I speak for myself when I say I give back to the person that helps, and if really struggling for an item I want I would go pay on ebay within reason. By why is this stuff immediately 10xcost value the day of purchase? It has not even aged, been stored and is now rare.

Yes, its a whinge and if I don't like it just don't buy, blah blah. But I do like to have some PJ stuff. I do like to support our fave band. But I am not supporting them, I am supporting these flippers. I would rather pay double on 10C so PJ that deserve it get more.

Read threads x, y, z for similar thoughts from people. I know it's everywhere these sentiments. But I had to vent. Done...moving on

• Options
    motarmotar Posts: 141

I would rather pay double on 10C so PJ that deserve it get more.

I think thats what we are doing with the new MLB release.
  • Options
    motar said:

I would rather pay double on 10C so PJ that deserve it get more.

I think thats what we are doing with the new MLB release.
    Yeah true. Haha
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    most of this stuff IMO will be much cheaper if you guys are just patient. We haven't even had a show yet. The market will be flooded with stuff from this week I would think. Be patient, stop paying 400% on ebay and take a breathe...it's just stuff. It will be there sooner or later
  • Options

most of this stuff IMO will be much cheaper if you guys are just patient. We haven't even had a show yet. The market will be flooded with stuff from this week I would think. Be patient, stop paying 400% on ebay and take a breathe...it's just stuff. It will be there sooner or later

Yes dave. Understand your thoughts. And u will be proven right
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,491

This is so true
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

This is so true
    If we could all collectively rebel. The flippers who bought 10 plus copies will panic. Imagine we all held back. Them we start to control price setting again
  • Options
    demetrios said:

So .. how's the crowds this morning? Yeah yeah no lineup before 8am. But close by, how are things? :p

So how or what is the line situation?
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212

demetrios said:

So how or what is the line situation?
    Friend on the ground said he got there at 8:00 EST and there were 20 people lined up.
  • Options
    MYMMYM Austin, TX Posts: 184
    I thought it'd be funny if everyone on here were to find the guy on eBay that was asking 300 obo and we all offered $35

He'd be flooded with hundreds of offers.... Lol
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle 1 - 8/8/18
  • Options
    MYM said:

I thought it'd be funny if everyone on here were to find the guy on eBay that was asking 300 obo and we all offered $35

He'd be flooded with hundreds of offers.... Lol

We should. Let them get some doubts. Price set. Or simply flood with offers. Yeah stuff this 700 buy now shit for items that cost 112. Fark it
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195
    Just walked in line at 8:30am. I got number 48 written on my hand!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844

Just walked in line at 8:30am. I got number 48 written on my hand!

What is with this marker shit? Can you walk around and go for breakfast or do you have to stay in line?
  • Options
    Dowder5167Dowder5167 Posts: 195
    Not sure. Maybe. Not gonna chance it.
  • Options
    They have anything besides what was sent out via the website or does it match up exactly?
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    send you a PM dowder...im sure you have a million people asking but lmk if you can hook me up with a poster. I will be arriving late tonight so could meet then or tomorrow.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,372
    If anyone can confirm that it's legit to get marked with a number and then leave, please let us know!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    adusick said:

If anyone can confirm that it's legit to get marked with a number and then leave, please let us know!

Thats what it used to be like in 2013-14 GA lines. 10club put a stop to it and rightfully so. Now it seems its back for the merch lines.
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Yesterday the number didn't really mean anything. No one left except to go to the bathroom and no one ever checked numbers or anything. It seemed sort of pointless.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112
    PJNB said:

adusick said:

Thats what it used to be like in 2013-14 GA lines. 10club put a stop to it and rightfully so. Now it seems its back for the merch lines.
    What was the problem? Seems like a good way to stop #5 in line from having a friend or two stroll up at 11:55.