Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218

ski-bum said:

Sorry people, Don't know why the other picture F'd up.
    Here's the backside of Ames 2.

Bucky? Too funny. I'm sure Sox fans love that one.

I actually like this one more and more. Puts a little Dent in the Red Sox love fest. I wonder if Ames did this on purpose or not.
    The Bucky Dent thing is long dead, after championships in '04, '07 and....'13. That said if it's intentional Ames has got to be a Yankee fan and it has subtle humor for sure.
  • Options
    SP218311SP218311 Boston, MA Posts: 171
    G-force said:

ski-bum said:

I actually like this one more and more. Puts a little Dent in the Red Sox love fest. I wonder if Ames did this on purpose or not.
    The Bucky Dent thing is long dead, after championships in '04, '07 and....'13. That said if it's intentional Ames has got to be a Yankee fan and it has subtle humor for sure.
    Any chance its a mashup of Bucky Dent and that time Wade Boggs rode a horse in Yankee Stadium?

1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
    2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
    2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517

ski-bum said:

No one gives a $hit about Bucky Dent anymore, but if it makes you feel better to think they do, carry on.
  • Options
    KevMac20KevMac20 Oakville, Ontario Posts: 56
    How's the James Taylor merch line?
    "Don't it make you Smile"

1996: Zurich
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Toronto
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener, London, Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: EV - Toronto 2
    2009: Toronto, Philadelphia 3 (The Spectrum)
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV - Chicago 2, PJ20 (Alpine Valley) 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Hamilton
    2013: London, Chicago (Wrigley Field), Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston (Fenway Park) 2
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Chicago (Wrigley Field) 1 & 2, Boston (Fenway Park) 
    2022: Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,404
    SP218311 said:

G-force said:

ski-bum said:

Any chance its a mashup of Bucky Dent and that time Wade Boggs rode a horse in Yankee Stadium?

How many deep into a Boggs 64 was he at this moment.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    KevMac20 said:

how JT Merch is sold. PJ fans have it lucky.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Does anyone happen to have some better pics of the following?

Back of the Old Timer shirt
    Better picture of the Double Up Tee

Thanks in advance if anyone has this info!
    Sean
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439

It was Tuesday and the show is on Friday. Lets see what happens the rest of the week when travelers get into town.

Well, doesn't that exactly prove my point tho?

People were hating on this idea because of it opened the door for flippers. But the fact that it WAS open on Tuesday means that someone like myself, a local fan, could come in and get merch pretty easily. This would not be possible without this merch schedule. Are out of towners kind of SOL? Well, a little. But if they didn't have merch set-up these days, wouldn't we all be bum rushing the tables Fri and Sun? Then wouldn't the problem just be exacerbated?

Now, I don't need to go on the remaining days, leaving it open for more out of towners to get in and get their crap.
    Hope they do this for Chicago!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Why can't the merch booths require people to show their ticket or 10C confirmation in order to buy merch. I guess the point of selling merch is to make money so maybe the band/management don't care who buys it...could be someone who doesn't even know who PJ is, just a chance to make a buck.
    On the otherhand the band/management should know the fans' insatiable appetite for merch. They could make 3 times as much merch and it would sell...if not all at the show, it would on the website.
    Another option would be to presale everything merch related and that way they know how much to make. If shipping it all is a pain, we could get an order number and pick up at merch booth when we get to town. They could even charge a convenience charge for this service to offset the extra costs involved. I think most people would be cool with that.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

It was Tuesday and the show is on Friday. Lets see what happens the rest of the week when travelers get into town.

Well, doesn't that exactly prove my point tho?

People were hating on this idea because of it opened the door for flippers. But the fact that it WAS open on Tuesday means that someone like myself, a local fan, could come in and get merch pretty easily. This would not be possible without this merch schedule. Are out of towners kind of SOL? Well, a little. But if they didn't have merch set-up these days, wouldn't we all be bum rushing the tables Fri and Sun? Then wouldn't the problem just be exacerbated?

Now, I don't need to go on the remaining days, leaving it open for more out of towners to get in and get their crap.
    Not disagreeing with you but just am reading about how easy it was today and mentioning that you would expect today to be the smoothest day and that it may not be as easy to walk up at 6:20 with no line and get all the merch you want on thursday and friday. I hope it is though with having three merch stands.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Why can't the merch booths require people to show their ticket or 10C confirmation in order to buy merch. I guess the point of selling merch is to make money so maybe the band/management don't care who buys it...could be someone who doesn't even know who PJ is, just a chance to make a buck.
    On the otherhand the band/management should know the fans' insatiable appetite for merch. They could make 3 times as much merch and it would sell...if not all at the show, it would on the website.
    Another option would be to presale everything merch related and that way they know how much to make. If shipping it all is a pain, we could get an order number and pick up at merch booth when we get to town. They could even charge a convenience charge for this service to offset the extra costs involved. I think most people would be cool with that.

Guns N' Roses did this for a lot of its Not in This Lifetime official tour merchandise for its Nightrain members. There was no surcharge, though, since the merchandise was going to be at the venue anyway. No extra costs involved. Very convenient all around.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    How's the James Taylor merch line looking? lol
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Are we jokin on one of the greatest songwriters and voices of all time? Come on now kids, you're better den dat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmgkvIgc0w
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I've seen Fire and I've seen rain...... but never as anything f*cked up as the PJ merch line.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986
    For those that attended the 1st day of Fenway Park merch shopping, did everyone come out happy?
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    demetrios said:

For those that attended the 1st day of Fenway Park merch shopping, did everyone come out happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKXu3Kg4yg
  • Options
    rssesq said:

demetrios said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKXu3Kg4yg
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2016
    KevMac20 said:

wrong, but still funny !!!!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,963
    demetrios said:

Not if they hadn't seen the posters before they got in!
  • Options

demetrios said:

Not if they hadn't seen the posters before they got in!
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    I got on line yesterday at 1135, it was about half a block away. No more than 125 peoplle. Things moved on-time but it took two hours to get to the store. The setup was amazing once you got in but we could see plenty of flippers coming and going.
    I saw one guy leave with 11 poster tubes and no idea if they had multiple in each. Stacks of pennants going and letterman coat sold out one hour in.
    But not everyone was flippers, just a few. Most people were there to buy stuff for them or a friend coming later.
    By the time I got there, two hours later, everything was restocked and I got everything I wanted: posters, shirts, stickers and cards, and even a letterman for a friend (looks great btw, authentic stitching on back and cool patches on arms). Only a couple lack of sized, that's it. No hassles once we got in.
    Delays were mainly due to people getting in there being overwhelmed with options and/or buying multiple options for friends, but I understand it's nerve wracking in the moment, feel pressure after waiting so long. But some of it was: let me try that on, see that one again...oh,no, the other one. No 2xl? Ok XL? That sticker that Cards Etc.
    I had a list and was only getting stuff I wanted.
    It'll be crazy wait times this weekend but at least they'll have multiple stands. I would guess whatever supply they have by Sunday maybe limited that day.
    Good luck!
    Ps: it's crazy to pay fir anything marked up online right not unless you're really that lazy, but don't support that instead.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Thought they had a limit?

NEW LISTING Pearl Jam Fenway Park 2016 Trading Cards Full Box Set - 48 Unopened Packs
    $1,199.99
    or Best Offer
    Free shipping

link

Douchebags !!!!!!

Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    myoung321 said:

NEW LISTING Pearl Jam Fenway Park 2016 Trading Cards Full Box Set - 48 Unopened Packs
    $1,199.99
    or Best Offer
    Free shipping

link

Douchebags !!!!!!

I thought yesterday someone said the limit was 2 packs per person OR you could still buy a whole box. Just not more than 2 individual packs. Could be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    more full boxes are showing up on eBay.... I guess you could buy a complete box.
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    edited August 2016
    estarr31 said:

By the time I got there, two hours later, everything was restocked and I got everything I wanted: posters, shirts, stickers and cards, and even a letterman for a friend (looks great btw, authentic stitching on back and cool patches on arms). Only a couple lack of sized, that's it. No hassles once we got in.

Good to know... thanks for the report.

How's the fit on the letterman hoodie?

• Options
    bflynn1 said:

myoung321 said:

$1,199.99
    or Best Offer
    Free shipping

link

Douchebags !!!!!!

I thought yesterday someone said the limit was 2 packs per person OR you could still buy a whole box. Just not more than 2 individual packs. Could be wrong though.
    That's correct. 2 packs per person or buy the full box for $240.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    Hoodie fit great. They were out of the larger sizes by the time I got there and got an XL and whike it's not for me it fits like a real letterman or heavy hoodie.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    He means is the size running big, small, or true to size?
    Dallas Lollapalooza '92
    Denton UNT '93
    Hartford '10
    Worcester 2 '13
    Hartford '13
    Philly 1 '16
    Philly 2 '16
    NYC MSG 2 '16
    Quebec City '16
    Fenway 1 '16
    Fenway 2 '16
    Wrigley 1 '16
    Wrigley 2 '16
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,100
    demetrios said:

Definitely. Would've loved some cards and the Mark5 poster, but got enough other stuff to scratch the itch. As much as I dig the posters, that Old Timer t-shirt is my favorite design.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    anyone got the boston electric? pics?

ohh and any pics on the cards?
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif