Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Good for the NBA for pulling the 2017 all star game out of charlotte because of the HB2 law. More millions of dollars lost to the state for such an ignorant law.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Makes me sad. Why waste so much energy on shit like this. party of limited government eh? Bullshit.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310

Good for the NBA for pulling the 2017 all star game out of charlotte because of the HB2 law. More millions of dollars lost to the state for such an ignorant law.

Yep good on the NBA !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053

The ONLY reason I have a hard time with this is it hurts the local team who's house gets to show off to the rest of the world as well as the NBA. That team didn't do anything to warrant this.

I am glad the NBA did this though. It'll reach far more people than pj or the boss could have ever hoped for.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited July 2016

The ONLY reason I have a hard time with this is it hurts the local team who's house gets to show off to the rest of the world as well as the NBA. That team didn't do anything to warrant this.

I am glad the NBA did this though. It'll reach far more people than pj or the boss could have ever hoped for.
    Silver said they hope Charlotte gets the game in 2019.

Also

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory reacted to the NBA's decision with a statement that said multiple groups had "misrepresented our laws and maligned the people of North Carolina" for months.

"American families should be on notice that the selective corporate elite are imposing their political will on communities in which they do business, thus bypassing the democratic and legal process," he said.

Methinks someone doesn't understand a capitalism
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

Also

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory reacted to the NBA's decision with a statement that said multiple groups had "misrepresented our laws and maligned the people of North Carolina" for months.

"American families should be on notice that the selective corporate elite are imposing their political will on communities in which they do business, thus bypassing the democratic and legal process," he said.

I will put it short and sweet:

Fuck McCrory. he is destroying our economy. and now they announced layoffs of employees of the Dept of Transportation. 4 more years of this clown and we will be completely ruined.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Also

Fuck McCrory. he is destroying our economy. and now they announced layoffs of employees of the Dept of Transportation. 4 more years of this clown and we will be completely ruined.
    lolobugg said:

Also

My mom moved down from the NE in 2007 to be a chair of a department at ECU. Last year she laid out a plan for the school where she would retire in 5 years and move up to Philly (my sister and I both live here). She is so disgusted with the state that she has bumped that up and will be moving up here after the next school year. Doesn't want to give another dollar in taxes to the state. It is awful. One thing after another. She loves so much about that state, but hates so much.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

Also

lolobugg said:

Also

My mom moved down from the NE in 2007 to be a chair of a department at ECU. Last year she laid out a plan for the school where she would retire in 5 years and move up to Philly (my sister and I both live here). She is so disgusted with the state that she has bumped that up and will be moving up here after the next school year. Doesn't want to give another dollar in taxes to the state. It is awful. One thing after another. She loves so much about that state, but hates so much.

The sad thing about it was before 2010 we were on a very progressive path. We were one of the fastest growing states with a lot of people from the NE moving here and it started to reflect that diversity. Now after the 2010 midterms, everything is going backwards. I really hope we vote this clown and the senate out of office. unfortunately, they have gerrymandered our districts to make it extremely difficult to do so.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

Also

lolobugg said:

Also

The sad thing about it was before 2010 we were on a very progressive path. We were one of the fastest growing states with a lot of people from the NE moving here and it started to reflect that diversity. Now after the 2010 midterms, everything is going backwards. I really hope we vote this clown and the senate out of office. unfortunately, they have gerrymandered our districts to make it extremely difficult to do so.
    Obama carried the state in 2008! This is all a pretty recent phenomenon. Awful.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

It does suck for the bobcats, or hornets. Whoever the charlotte team is. If I was a partner in the ownership of that team, I would be inquiring about moving the team to South Carolina unless the bill is repealed.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
  • Options
    Good pretty soon not even the Circus will go down there !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    All around sillyness

• Options
    McCrory is losing right now. that is the first step to getting this repealed and if the Justice Department has to step in then so be it.
    Republicans are reaping what they have sown. destroying the economy of this state.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

It does suck for the bobcats, or hornets. Whoever the charlotte team is. If I was a partner in the ownership of that team, I would be inquiring about moving the team to South Carolina unless the bill is repealed.
    South Carolina is more backward than North Carolina.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    NCAA will not force the ACC to move its football championship game from Charlotte.
  • Options

NCAA will not force the ACC to move its football championship game from Charlotte.

But I think they will.
  • Options
    99.5% of Americans spent 2 seconds thinking of this issue in the last month.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Jason P said:

Yeah, we get it. You think this is a silly non-issue. For others it is a big deal or at least interesting, so how about quit trying to be a wet blanket and either add to the discussion or move along. Thanks.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I am in the .5% class

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

But I think they will.
    I wonder how much revenue this game actually brings to Charlotte. It's usually poorly attended. Luckily (?) the ACC basketball tourney is in NY this year so that's not an issue. For now.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    on a sort of related note, here is what happened when Trump showed his ugly face in our city. please note- I don't support violence of any kind.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2016/09/13/boyle-column-asheville-trump-rally-not-our-finest-moment/90297864/

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    edited September 2016
    Good for the ACC...

ACC Takes Its Biggest Championships Out Of North Carolina, Its Home State

http://n.pr/2cNVqk3
  • Options
    dignin said:

Jason P said:

Yeah, we get it. You think this is a silly non-issue. For others it is a big deal or at least interesting, so how about quit trying to be a wet blanket and either add to the discussion or move along. Thanks.
    It is a non issue. How many times have you heard the topic come up in conversation in the last two months? Even on a site where the band cancelled a show? Almost two months and nary a peep.
  • Options
    Where are all the stories of national outcry on people being denied their right to a restroom based on gender identity? Are Klan and Trump supporters monitoring public restrooms with weapons and checking identification papers? Or is it that no one really gives a hoot!

The coppers already said they don't give a fuck and wouldn't enforce.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited September 2016
    Jason P said:

Where are all the stories of national outcry on people being denied their right to a restroom based on gender identity? Are Klan and Trump supporters monitoring public restrooms with weapons and checking identification papers? Or is it that no one really gives a hoot!

The coppers already said they don't give a fuck and wouldn't enforce.

I think this offer more reason for the bill to be opposed, not the other way around, as some might argue. Proof that the bill is all about bigotry and not at all about safety.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Jason P said:

dignin said:

Jason P said:

It is a non issue. How many times have you heard the topic come up in conversation in the last two months? Even on a site where the band cancelled a show? Almost two months and nary a peep.
    Why do you care if other people care about this issue? Not enough to do today? Maybe still just a little butthurt that PJ cancelled a show? There are plenty of threads that go dormant for long periods of time, go be the wet blanket police on those threads.

Wait, nevermind.....someone thinks this thread is silly so I ask that the mods close it down immediately. Nothing more to add or see here folks, move along.

;)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Amusing story, I was at the east Asheville KOA to see Todd Snider during my mountain vacation, and the ladies' room was closed due to bad plumbing. I'm getting a shower after the show and an older fellow comes in and asks me to stay in the shower so his wife can use the toilet and not have to walk across the camp to the other.
    Sure, no problem.

She comes in, he jokes that I promised to give her a show, we all chuckle.
    He says, "you know, we have a government here that took the time to make a law that says this is illegal."
    He said a little more but I can't remember what because I was lost in thought about how these lovely retirees were literally breaking the law lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I like that story, gambo. There are open-minded people of all generations!

My question to this is, there are showers available for use after concerts?! I'd never heard of this.