Options

North Carolina passes bill blocking LGBT protections

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

We've had gay marriage in my state going on 13 years. It has had zero impact on the life of every straight person I know. There is no greater waste of time than protesting it. If you are opposed to gay marriage my advice would be to not enter into a homosexual relationship. That way you won't be in any danger of falling victim to one.

when you say "zero impact" what exactly do you mean has or has not been impacted on these individual's ? their personal belief's ? their physical well being ? and yes you can bet I will never enter an un-natural relationship
    and you mentioned the phrase "falling victim to a gay relationship"...is it possible that people who enter into a gay relationships suffer some kind of mental disorder ? or suffered some kind of emotional tragedy before entering into a gay relationship ?
    A person does not suffer a mental disorder nor some kind of emotional tragedy to become gay. It's something that begins at their origin when a person very young, it's not a choice. Did you choose to be straight or did I choose to a heterosexual.....It just was and I don't search for causes or reasons as to why one IS this way of life or another.

How would you react if it came to be a close member of your family happened to gay? Would you ostracize them or would you embrace them?

Peace
    I would agree that some seem to be gay at their origin as you say but I also believe for many more it's a choice.
    if a family member was gay I would still love them as family but I would not support the gay idea, I'm sure that would
    cause problems between us but I feel as strongly about my ideas as anybody else does about theirs.
    some "seem to be gay at their origin"? have you been conducting a 30 year observational study of a controlled group of homosexuals or something? how do you discern between those who are legitimately gay and just play acting gay?

I can guess that you, like many people who claim that homosexuality is unnatural, have seen and, dare I say, possibly enjoyed some adult films that include the intimacy of two women? if yes, you are a hypocrite. if no, you are a liar. choose one.

what about the "gay idea" (I can't believe I just fucking typed that) do you need to "support"? no gay person is looking for your support of their "gay idea". that implies your permission is required for them to be gay. which in and of itself is disgusting.
    easy bronco....you're running off on a tangent with no facts about me at all, it's your delusional opinion of who you think I am and how you feel about my on-line personality, you and others here are in shock that someone would believe differently than you...well I didn't it make this far in life taking the word of folks like you, and unlike you I have my own opinion and ideas and that just pisses you off to no end...you should try thinking for yourself instead of trying to fit into somebody else's world or idea's.
    why don't you try refuting/responding to what I said instead of this nonsensical blather? right. you can't. none of what you said here applies to me and you know it.

don't take the word of folks like me. please, don't.

read and learn (my apologies for the lack of Fox news content):

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/largest-ever-study-into-the-gay-gene-erodes-the-notion-that-sexual-orientation-is-a-choice-9875855.html
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rgambs said:

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

We've had gay marriage in my state going on 13 years. It has had zero impact on the life of every straight person I know. There is no greater waste of time than protesting it. If you are opposed to gay marriage my advice would be to not enter into a homosexual relationship. That way you won't be in any danger of falling victim to one.

when you say "zero impact" what exactly do you mean has or has not been impacted on these individual's ? their personal belief's ? their physical well being ? and yes you can bet I will never enter an un-natural relationship
    and you mentioned the phrase "falling victim to a gay relationship"...is it possible that people who enter into a gay relationships suffer some kind of mental disorder ? or suffered some kind of emotional tragedy before entering into a gay relationship ?
    A person does not suffer a mental disorder nor some kind of emotional tragedy to become gay. It's something that begins at their origin when a person very young, it's not a choice. Did you choose to be straight or did I choose to a heterosexual.....It just was and I don't search for causes or reasons as to why one IS this way of life or another.

How would you react if it came to be a close member of your family happened to gay? Would you ostracize them or would you embrace them?

Peace
    I would agree that some seem to be gay at their origin as you say but I also believe for many more it's a choice.
    if a family member was gay I would still love them as family but I would not support the gay idea, I'm sure that would
    cause problems between us but I feel as strongly about my ideas as anybody else does about theirs.
    The difference is that your ideas are worried about what everyone else should be doing, instead of focusing on yourself.
    not true, I'm not a liberal.

this post is so incredibly telling about the person behind these comments. you don't even know what it means.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

g under p said:

JimmyV said:

Peace
    some "seem to be gay at their origin"? have you been conducting a 30 year observational study of a controlled group of homosexuals or something? how do you discern between those who are legitimately gay and just play acting gay?

I can guess that you, like many people who claim that homosexuality is unnatural, have seen and, dare I say, possibly enjoyed some adult films that include the intimacy of two women? if yes, you are a hypocrite. if no, you are a liar. choose one.

what about the "gay idea" (I can't believe I just fucking typed that) do you need to "support"? no gay person is looking for your support of their "gay idea". that implies your permission is required for them to be gay. which in and of itself is disgusting.
    easy bronco....you're running off on a tangent with no facts about me at all, it's your delusional opinion of who you think I am and how you feel about my on-line personality, you and others here are in shock that someone would believe differently than you...well I didn't it make this far in life taking the word of folks like you, and unlike you I have my own opinion and ideas and that just pisses you off to no end...you should try thinking for yourself instead of trying to fit into somebody else's world or idea's.
    I don't think it pisses anyone off that you have your own ideas. It's that those ideas are really messed up.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    edited January 2017
    This is very interesting and illuminating.....

Dr. James O’Keefe MD recently gave a TEDx Talk in Dublin, Ireland about how evolutionary science can explain the persistence of homosexuality throughout time. According to O’Keefe, homosexuality continues to show up as a sexual minority throughout time and history because gay men and women are essential to the survival of the human race.

https://youtu.be/4Khn_z9FPmU
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

This is very interesting and illuminating.....

Dr. James O’Keefe MD recently gave a TEDx Talk in Dublin, Ireland about how evolutionary science can explain the persistence of homosexuality throughout time. According to O’Keefe, homosexuality continues to show up as a sexual minority throughout time and history because gay men and women are essential to the survival of the human race.

https://youtu.be/4Khn_z9FPmU

going to check this out if it shows up on apple tv.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000
    edited February 2022

A science camp for schools had male counselors who identity as they/them share cabins with 5th grade girls. Which, according to at least one parent, included the restroom and shower room. 

Seems to be taking the bathroom choice too far in my opinion.
    Post edited by mace1229 on