Options

Brussels Belgium attacks.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hiya, Mr. wick!

I hope your 7:41pm post comes to fruition.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    hedonist said:

chadwick said:

i like buddhism although i am terrible at

Don't leave me hanging, chadwick.
    it
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    JC29856 said:

Just remember you are more likely to get strike by lightning while simultaneously being eaten by a shark than killed in a terror attack.

what a stupid thing to say
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    JC29856 said:

Just remember you are more likely to get strike by lightning while simultaneously being eaten by a shark than killed in a terror attack.

Is more likely to get killed from this stupidity than a terrorist attack
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The belgium police arrested the third terrorist put the bombs at airport and he got..he is the one that made the bombs at paris attack as well..the other 2 was brothers and was suiside bombers and died at attack at airport
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    g under p said:

callen said:

This will give Trump some material.

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

more importantly what does Obama have to say......I can't wait.

Godfather.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

g under p said:

callen said:

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

Godfather.

What are you expecting Obama to say? He will offer sympathy, condolences, call for unity and rejection of xenophobia, and probably give a party line about "seeking justice for those responsible". Godfather, what would Godfather's ideal President of the United States say on the topic?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

Things completely out of man's control.

What are you saying? Don't worry? Be happy? Accept terrorism as a way of life? Let those f**king idiots kill people because it's not likely it's going to be you or I?
    Keep things in perspective.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2015/10/05/monthly-drone-report-total-drone-strikes-under-obama-in-pakistan-somalia-and-yemen-now-491-after-september-attacks/
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

JC29856 said:

To be honest, I don't think it was that stupid a statement. Coming from a country where we don't fear terrorist attacks I think I'd need to use this logic to reassure myself or I may never leave Ireland again! So I get where JC is coming from
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rollings said:

JC29856 said:

what a stupid thing to say
    Word
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

I've said this before. I lived in Iraq. Did construction there.

You want to stop this madness?

Education. Teach the people.

Iraqis HATED me when I arrived. They kissed me goodbye when I left. They learned that we aren't all "bad Americans". I showed compassion, respect and a willingness to learn their culture.

Just like in any society there will be bad people though.

Brother and two brother in laws did the same. One had shell hit next to hi
    Wobbie said:

^^^^ you know what I found interesting in "prevail over all religion"? It's the fact that all religions would like to do this. Everyone who practices religion thinks theirs is "the one." I live in Salt Lake City and the missionaries are out everday even though there's a Mormon church on nearly every corner. Why are they knocking on doors? Because they aren't happy with being the majority; they want everyone to believe what they believe. Granted, they're peaceful, but still. This is why I think all religion is crap.

Reason Catholics don't like conceptions. All religions need to be banished. All horse poo.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

JC29856 said:

To be honest, I don't think it was that stupid a statement. Coming from a country where we don't fear terrorist attacks I think I'd need to use this logic to reassure myself or I may never leave Ireland again! So I get where JC is coming from
    To be honest now i read again i think is 10 times more stupid than the first time i read it
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886
    benjs said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

Godfather.

What are you expecting Obama to say? He will offer sympathy, condolences, call for unity and rejection of xenophobia, and probably give a party line about "seeking justice for those responsible". Godfather, what would Godfather's ideal President of the United States say on the topic?
    Its already been said. Yesterday. So I suggest you hold your breath GF for the next statement.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,886

JC29856 said:

To be honest now i read again i think is 10 times more stupid than the first time i read it
    It would be good to understand the context from which it was given. Specifically here in North America its an estimated 1 in 4 million chance of being a victim of a terrorist atteack HERE.

While many from this side of the world have a basic understanding of the risks THERE in Europe, i think its more likely we ,over here ,fail to grasp more fully what folks there can ,having lived with the prospect of it for far longer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Fair enough. All I know is that I told myself yesterday that I was more likely to be in a car accident than to get killed in a terrorist attack. I think the need for reassurance in scary times is a pretty natural thing
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    muskydan said:

How do countries go about securing airports now think about it this can happen at any airport here !!

All the apologists on here, which are rampant can't handle what really needs to happen to help curb this Savage behavior to innocents. Why don't you ask Bernie?
    What says you Nuke the whole area get rid of everybody no ? The only way to be sure no to extinguish all the Muslims in that region problem solved ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

muskydan said:

How do countries go about securing airports now think about it this can happen at any airport here !!

All the apologists on here, which are rampant can't handle what really needs to happen to help curb this Savage behavior to innocents. Why don't you ask Bernie?
    What says you Nuke the whole area get rid of everybody no ? The only way to be sure no to extinguish all the Muslims in that region problem solved ...
    I have actually heard serious commentators (JV contributor on Meghan McCain's show) suggest that very thing as a legitimate option.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

muskydan said:

Absolutely Not, I can't believe you would write something as extreme as that on this forum. Shame on you
  • Options
    Where I'm from I am more likely to be the victim of terrorism from a white male than anything brown, brown person bear etc.
    Yesterday I didn't hit the mega millions jackpot nor was I a victim of white male terrorism, today I'll play power ball.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

JC29856 said:

It would be good to understand the context from which it was given. Specifically here in North America its an estimated 1 in 4 million chance of being a victim of a terrorist atteack HERE.

While many from this side of the world have a basic understanding of the risks THERE in Europe, i think its more likely we ,over here ,fail to grasp more fully what folks there can ,having lived with the prospect of it for far longer.
    Greece boarders are middle east..every day thousand of refugues from syria and illigal
    immigrant from iraq,iran,avganistan etc come to Greece and pass to europe..
    as for people are from usa for me a massive shooting at a school is terorism as well
    the result is the same..fear and fuck up civil peace and peoples lifes
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    JC29856 said:

That's a ridiculous statement as such a death has never occurred.

I have friends and family vacationing in Brussels in 2 weeks that hope such a ridiculous statement holds true.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Jason P said:

JC29856 said:

I have friends and family vacationing in Brussels in 2 weeks that hope such a ridiculous statement holds true.

It's not ridiculous at all. We go through life accepting risk without fear all the time. It's ridiculous to spend your life in fear, life is too short.
  • Options
    "Drilling for fear makes the job simple."
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Absolutely Not, I can't believe you would write something as extreme as that on this forum. Shame on you
    I'm just writing what your thinking ! & want ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

this is not a religion problem.

this is a human problem. caused by humans, must be solved by humans.

Rod,you can't ignore the religious aspect.To do so would be quite foolish.

Its what guides these kooks.Yes it's the same thing that guides other religions fringe idiots,but those who think paradise awaits them and that they are at war with the infidels while working toward a caliphate has nothing to do with being human,it's more animalistic actually.I mean what human with a conscience can look children and innocent men and women in the eye before ripping there unsuspecting bodies to shreds with shrapnel?
    this is more primal than religion. religion requires use of your higher brain to read, listen, and think, and to recognize you are doing something to please some higher being.

this is gutteral. they are motivated by revenge.

they are motivated by knowing that americans and westerners are on their land. westerners have killed their people. have taken over their land. have tried to subjugate them and make them live the way the westerners want them to live. this is not religious. this is out of vengeance.
    I'm sure the divide in Muslim sects has created way more death to Muslims then any thing the west has done.A bunch of brain washed zealots.
    While many societies in that region are progressive and current,many more live a ass backward exsistance where savagery and exploitation is the norm and excepted.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    callen said:

I've said this before. I lived in Iraq. Did construction there.

You want to stop this madness?

Education. Teach the people.

Iraqis HATED me when I arrived. They kissed me goodbye when I left. They learned that we aren't all "bad Americans". I showed compassion, respect and a willingness to learn their culture.

Just like in any society there will be bad people though.

Brother and two brother in laws did the same. One had shell hit next to hi
    Wobbie said:

^^^^ you know what I found interesting in "prevail over all religion"? It's the fact that all religions would like to do this. Everyone who practices religion thinks theirs is "the one." I live in Salt Lake City and the missionaries are out everday even though there's a Mormon church on nearly every corner. Why are they knocking on doors? Because they aren't happy with being the majority; they want everyone to believe what they believe. Granted, they're peaceful, but still. This is why I think all religion is crap.

Reason Catholics don't like conceptions. All religions need to be banished. All horse poo.
    At least someone replied. Thanks.

As to reply to your statement not "everyone" is bad over there. You can still teach people, give them other opportunities. If that doesn't do any good then we will keep blowing each other up until the end.

I'd hope that there is a solution or a few other ideas to try and stop what's happening.

Called I hope your relative is ok that was hurt.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

JC29856 said:

My mum is going to Turkey next Tuesday for 2 weeks, I'm equally concerned given the recent and numerous bombings there
  • Options

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

There are a lot of "special" people on here, but reading people's thoughts are a new one, even for the train. Why don't you put this amazing talent to good use and predict when another group of Islamic Terrorists Plans on blowing up more infidels and innocents in the name of Allah?? You do that then maybe people will start paying attention to your nonsense.
    GOD Bless the people of Brussels and all the people killed in this massacre.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

There are a lot of "special" people on here, but reading people's thoughts are a new one, even for the train. Why don't you put this amazing talent to good use and predict when another group of Islamic Terrorists Plans on blowing up more infidels and innocents in the name of Allah?? You do that then maybe people will start paying attention to your nonsense.
    Again, it's painfully obvious God didn't bless victims. He fked them. Hard. Maybe god is a Muslim?
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

I predict that .0000000024% of the world's Muslim population will not blow up infidels and innocents in the name of allah over the next 6 months.