Options

Brussels Belgium attacks.

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

callen said:

my2hands said:

Some of you guys come across as borderline apologists

No no no. Looking at root cause is not being an apologist. These terrorists are vile. No doubt. Our Christian hate feeds this though.
    Does our Christian hate feed the stoning of women for not wanting to marry in an arranged marriage? How about the sexual abuse of little kids? Does the Christian hate tell people to make sure women are covered head to toe? The terrorist are the ones we hear about, but what about the Muslims who think it is fine to treat women the way they do, to rape children, they are just as much part of the problem as the terrorist who kill innocents.
    no different than christian or atheist assholes who beat their wives and rape their daughters or want to hang black people. there are assholes of all types. western media tricks you into thinking this is their norm. it isn't.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    polaris_x said:

callen said:

my2hands said:

No no no. Looking at root cause is not being an apologist. These terrorists are vile. No doubt. Our Christian hate feeds this though.
    Does our Christian hate feed the stoning of women for not wanting to marry in an arranged marriage? How about the sexual abuse of little kids? Does the Christian hate tell people to make sure women are covered head to toe? The terrorist are the ones we hear about, but what about the Muslims who think it is fine to treat women the way they do, to rape children, they are just as much part of the problem as the terrorist who kill innocents.
    pretty sure raping children is not a muslim-only phenomenon
    You are right, but in some of the countries it is not really a negative.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

This will give Trump some material.

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

And yet some of you geniuses mention his name again as these horrid terrorist events are unfolding, un-fucken-real. God bless the victims and families of those lost by another ISLAMIC TERRORIST attack.
    Okay okay okay one thing is very clear, god did not bless the victims. He allowed them to be torn to bits, maimed and mentally fucked.

And yes Trump comes up because the terrorists harbor same hate that draws humans to trump. Trump will now use this to keep the cycle going.

Finally it's religious terrorism not Muslim terrorism. Yeah same as the Christians wanting to bomb shit out of Muslims. Same exact mentality. Look in the mirror. You are them.
    Like clockwork...when tragedy happens this forum comes alive with "how the right is going to use this to advance their agenda". For most of you it is never about finding a solution to a problem but how to stop someone else's suggested solution and hence nothing gets done and the cycle continues. The moral relativism implied in the statement "the terrorists harbour same hate that draws humans to trump" is so crazy but unfortunately believed in by so many of you. Unbelievably sad.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

I'm sure he will have something Provacative to say. It's no wonder The Donald doesn't have to spend much money on political ads....we the people keep him in the news. There's at least 5 threads on this board with his name in it.

I've been through that metro system in Brussels on my way to a festival in Werchter. I hope the Belgium people will recover from this attack.

Peace

And yet some of you geniuses mention his name again as these horrid terrorist events are unfolding, un-fucken-real. God bless the victims and families of those lost by another ISLAMIC TERRORIST attack.
    Okay okay okay one thing is very clear, god did not bless the victims. He allowed them to be torn to bits, maimed and mentally fucked.

And yes Trump comes up because the terrorists harbor same hate that draws humans to trump. Trump will now use this to keep the cycle going.

Finally it's religious terrorism not Muslim terrorism. Yeah same as the Christians wanting to bomb shit out of Muslims. Same exact mentality. Look in the mirror. You are them.
    Like clockwork...when tragedy happens this forum comes alive with "how the right is going to use this to advance their agenda". For most of you it is never about finding a solution to a problem but how to stop someone else's suggested solution and hence nothing gets done and the cycle continues. The moral relativism implied in the statement "the terrorists harbour same hate that draws humans to trump" is so crazy but unfortunately believed in by so many of you. Unbelievably sad.
    and the solution is.....?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

Hahahahaha. Truth hurts. Hate hate hate.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

polaris_x said:

callen said:

my2hands said:

sure ... no one is defending honour killings or shit like that ... but fuck man ... christianity or more specifically catholicism is responsible for a shit load of brutality too ... pretty sure, it's not ok to paint all catholics as pedophile apologists ...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

the solution is to get the hell out of the middle east completely stop trying to instill our way of life on them leave them to be and stop supporting Israel , as long as we are in cahoots with them these attacks will continue ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

the solution is to get the hell out of the middle east completely stop trying to instill our way of life on them leave them to be and stop supporting Israel , as long as we are in cahoots with them these attacks will continue ....
    I agree. But I'm looking for the solution from the other point of view.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    34 dead so far and 200 injured
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934

On their way home.
    On their way to work.
    Heading out on holiday.
    Returning from one.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    edited March 2016

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

What happens when genocide continues? What happens when millions and millions of refugees leave to live in the West? The West is supposed to just take these refugees and have no nexus in trying stop the civil wars and terrorism in these countries? Revolution may have been easier 200 years ago, but it is hard to combat a leader who uses chemical weapons and advanced weaponry.

I agree we should let them figure it out as much as possible, but millions and millions of refugees going to Europe is tearing that continent apart right now. Open borders were a nice experiment but can't survive much longer.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

callen said:

my2hands said:

sure ... no one is defending honour killings or shit like that ... but fuck man ... christianity or more specifically catholicism is responsible for a shit load of brutality too ... pretty sure, it's not ok to paint all catholics as pedophile apologists ...
    They're not even close in the modern era. Not. Even. Close.

If you are trying to draw comparisons to the crusades or, say, witch trials... then fine. but don't make the mistake of confusing military action in the middle east as a Catholic endeavour- it's capitalism. Nothing more.

I thought something was up with the website- the top of the forum was marked with old threads and because I didn't read very carefully (with the apprehension of the Paris attacker recently) for a few seconds, I thought this was an old thread bumped.

These incidents are not over. Some Muslim idiots get off doing this shit. It's brutal that they can't even own these types of things for a page or two before eager people rush to their defence- although they say, "It's not defending them. I'm just saying..."

Geezuz, man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited March 2016

JimmyV said:

oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it...

Love these posts attacking others' compassion. Did you start threads here on Ankara, Beirut, and Syria? Honest question. If you did, good for you. If not, this rings hollow.
    did you? have i offended your selectiveness??? im attacking inconsistency, not peoples compassion. im questioning the whitewash and eurocentrism of our collective history.

Well this can be found here... on page 3. :neutral:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249099/the-terrorist-attacks-we-dont-care-about/p1
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    It doesn't matter what Religion or Political movement it is... when easily manipulated mormons fall in line behind people preaching hate, these are the results.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

It doesn't matter what Religion or Political movement it is... when easily manipulated mormons fall in line behind people preaching hate, these are the results.

Yeah, let's blame the Mormons, good call. =);)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

oh no a European city has been the victim of a terrorist attack.... woe is us.. what will we do... what can be done... who gave a shit about Ankara... who gave a shit about Beirut.. who gives a shit about Syria... how has our compassion become so selective... we say all lives are equal but we don't really mean it...

Love these posts attacking others' compassion. Did you start threads here on Ankara, Beirut, and Syria? Honest question. If you did, good for you. If not, this rings hollow.
    did you? have i offended your selectiveness??? im attacking inconsistency, not peoples compassion. im questioning the whitewash and eurocentrism of our collective history.

Well this can be found here... on page 3. :neutral:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249099/the-terrorist-attacks-we-dont-care-about/p1
    I know it can. I remember that thread. It was one I stayed out of because my opinion would have sounded like it did above and I try to pick my battles these days. But you made a valiant attempt at bringing awareness, for sure.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

Nope. Bombs do. Laugh it up.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

What happens when genocide continues? What happens when millions and millions of refugees leave to live in the West? The West is supposed to just take these refugees and have no nexus in trying stop the civil wars and terrorism in these countries? Revolution may have been easier 200 years ago, but it is hard to combat a leader who uses chemical weapons and advanced weaponry.

I agree we should let them figure it out as much as possible, but millions and millions of refugees going to Europe is tearing that continent apart right now. Open borders were a nice experiment but can't survive much longer.
    You can't win.

Syrians needed to be helped in Syria. Of course, going there and helping is assuredly met with exceptional criticism just as nearly every other military intervention typically is.

So, you have innocent people seeking refuge and that need help. You can't blame those people for trying to escape the violence and, if we are any kind of human beings, we need to offer relief and assistance; however, the relief we have offered to date is a drop in the bucket.

I don't have the answer, but I can comfortably say this problem is not going away any time soon.

It's just gross.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

I'm pretty sure the Belgians are doing all those things.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    edited March 2016

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

So what is the solution then more invasions more wars more drone attacks , when is the end as far as i see there is no ending this mess ..i would not blame Belgium gov to just shut the borders down at this point !
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    I don't understand what these fuckheads think they can accomplish by killing innocent people. Is there an endgame? I just can't possibly get into their heads....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

So what is the solution then more invasions more wars more drone attacks , when is the end as far as i see there is no ending this mess ..i would not blame Belgium gov to just shut the borders down at this point !
    If it were an easy fix we would have done it already. I think it will take a unified USA, Russia and China to make any significant headway. I've always thought this.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

A united front against ISIL, but that will never happen. They know they could never defeat that, and will continue to go after soft targets like airports and areas like that and hide in the name of Allah.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

I'm pretty sure the Belgians are doing all those things.
    I would be surprised to know that you know much of anything about Belgium's international activities beyond what you happened to see in the news today, but okay.
    I sure don't know much, but do know they aren't like Switzerland to say the least. Anyway, here are a couple random links to begin with i guess, for those who don't know anything about why Belgium always seems to be in the forefront of matters concerning ISIS, have no idea about their role in the Middle East, etc:

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/belgium-radical-islam-jihad-molenbeek-isis/416235/

http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/policy/world_regions/middle_east/

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I see Donald Cheney has been taking geography lessons from Sarah Palin. Poorly educated indeed.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    my2hands said:

Pot kettle black Drumpfhadist.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I don't understand what these fuckheads think they can accomplish by killing innocent people. Is there an endgame? I just can't possibly get into their heads....

The endgame is the restoration of the caliphate.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

g under p said:

callen said:

Peace

Nope. Bombs do. Laugh it up.
    Yes all bombs.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    JimmyV said:

On their way home.
    On their way to work.
    Heading out on holiday.
    Returning from one.
    All these innocent people.
    My thoughts goes to the victims and family's of this as it always is meaningless terrorist attack.