Options

Brussels Belgium attacks.

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    now as for the thread..seems some has political angenda around here..and some has problem with some other..i can understand that,but it would be better in my opinion to solve it somewhere else,or at the threads is about trump or whatever else or american elections
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    rr165892 said:

this is not a religion problem.

this is a human problem. caused by humans, must be solved by humans.

Rod,you can't ignore the religious aspect.To do so would be quite foolish.

Its what guides these kooks.Yes it's the same thing that guides other religions fringe idiots,but those who think paradise awaits them and that they are at war with the infidels while working toward a caliphate has nothing to do with being human,it's more animalistic actually.I mean what human with a conscience can look children and innocent men and women in the eye before ripping there unsuspecting bodies to shreds with shrapnel?
    this is more primal than religion. religion requires use of your higher brain to read, listen, and think, and to recognize you are doing something to please some higher being.

this is gutteral. they are motivated by revenge.

they are motivated by knowing that americans and westerners are on their land. westerners have killed their people. have taken over their land. have tried to subjugate them and make them live the way the westerners want them to live. this is not religious. this is out of vengeance.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2016

I just saw this on twitter...http://www.allenbwest.com/2016/03/flashback-trump-made-chilling-prediction-about-brussels/.

I am completely neutral to any of the candidates responses. I don't know enough info on the attacks or the politics behind it. I just thought it kind of creepy that Trump mentioned it back in January...?

Oh and also, f..u ISIS. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

I mentioned earlier in another thread that Trump can foreshadow. He has a very good awareness of the world. People take a few months to catch up with what some people say sometimes.
    If you think about it every single one of us can almost predict a place where radical isis shit will happen.
    a broken clock is right twice a day. trump speaks out of his butthole. a fraction of what he says comes to be.
    All right stop!
    It's Trumper time!

Trump is right about this shit on all fronts. It will get worse.
    i may be the only person who feels this way, but i think your praise of trump at a time like this is very ill timed and very childish.
    This story broke all over the headlines about trump predicting this faster than a Ferrari.
    Time and time these tragedies happen and people refuse to look at other possibilities of why it happened. People will discuss and discuss and discuss the same old theories until the next tragedy.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

rr165892 said:

Its what guides these kooks.Yes it's the same thing that guides other religions fringe idiots,but those who think paradise awaits them and that they are at war with the infidels while working toward a caliphate has nothing to do with being human,it's more animalistic actually.I mean what human with a conscience can look children and innocent men and women in the eye before ripping there unsuspecting bodies to shreds with shrapnel?
    this is more primal than religion. religion requires use of your higher brain to read, listen, and think, and to recognize you are doing something to please some higher being.

they are motivated by knowing that americans and westerners are on their land. westerners have killed their people. have taken over their land. have tried to subjugate them and make them live the way the westerners want them to live. this is not religious. this is out of vengeance.
    Yeah...this is completely wrong. They are motivated by the literal interpretation of the Quran.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/22/radicalization-isil-islam-sacred-texts-literal-interpretation-column/81808560/

This needs to be tackled head on.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

rr165892 said:

Yeah...this is completely wrong. They are motivated by the literal interpretation of the Quran.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/22/radicalization-isil-islam-sacred-texts-literal-interpretation-column/81808560/

go for it. USA USA USA!!!

but this is another op ed, so yeah, must be completely 100% factual with no room for other contributing factors.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

How do countries go about securing airports now think about it this can happen at any airport here !!

All the apologists on here, which are rampant can't handle what really needs to happen to help curb this Savage behavior to innocents. Why don't you ask Bernie?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

rr165892 said:

go for it. USA USA USA!!!

but this is another op ed, so yeah, must be completely 100% factual with no room for other contributing factors.
    You might want to check out the author before you criticize. My guess is he is slightly more knowledgable on the subject then you are. Or keep your head in the sand. Either works.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

How do countries go about securing airports now think about it this can happen at any airport here !!

All the apologists on here, which are rampant can't handle what really needs to happen to help curb this Savage behavior to innocents. Why don't you ask Bernie?
    pepper spray and billy clubs?

• Options
    So...the guy arrested Friday was tied to today's attack

http://www.politico.eu/article/salah-abdeslam-was-part-of-brussels-bomb-plot/

Curious to the type of interrogation techniques that were employed over the weekend?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

So...the guy arrested Friday was tied to today's attack

http://www.politico.eu/article/salah-abdeslam-was-part-of-brussels-bomb-plot/

Curious to the type of interrogation techniques that were employed over the weekend?

Well... hopefully they were nice to him.

He must be so disappointed he didn't get to blow people up. He's probably talking to some of his religious, homicidal, psychopathic nutjob friends right now saying, "Yah. That's just my luck. I get nabbed three days before the big event. Fuuuuuccckkkk me, man, All that planning and I didn't even get to blow up one person. Gawddammit."

Then his idiot friends would inevitably ask him what the authorities asked of him while detained. He'd reply, "Oh. They ask me how I want my steak cooked. What radio station I would like to listen to. Things like that."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,511
    BS44325 said:

rr165892 said:

interesting. This is why I'm an aetheist. When was the Quran supposedly written?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    ^^^^ you know what I found interesting in "prevail over all religion"? It's the fact that all religions would like to do this. Everyone who practices religion thinks theirs is "the one." I live in Salt Lake City and the missionaries are out everday even though there's a Mormon church on nearly every corner. Why are they knocking on doors? Because they aren't happy with being the majority; they want everyone to believe what they believe. Granted, they're peaceful, but still. This is why I think all religion is crap.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

^^^^ you know what I found interesting in "prevail over all religion"? It's the fact that all religions would like to do this. Everyone who practices religion thinks theirs is "the one." I live in Salt Lake City and the missionaries are out everday even though there's a Mormon church on nearly every corner. Why are they knocking on doors? Because they aren't happy with being the majority; they want everyone to believe what they believe. Granted, they're peaceful, but still. This is why I think all religion is crap.

I dunno about that. I kinda thought the Church of the Fonz was credible.
  • Options
    IMHO - they're all equally non credible (uncredible? incredible?)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

They all suck.

I threw a Family Guy reference in there just to be an idiot.

I'm out of intelligent things to say regarding brainwashed people doing brainwashed things. What can you say, really? F**king idiots. Pure and simple.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

It's funny that the world is tired of the Jehovas knocking and it is a going joke.
    One religion at a time baby.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    fuckin whackjobs w/ religious radical beliefs & explosives... freaks

truly the whole world has to work together to put these idiots out of their misery.

i would also imagine that a twisted up isis doorknob w/ a beard, ak-47 & explosives has not ever listened to rock n roll. that's one problem right there. no immigrant song. no girl from the north country. just a bunch of fucking assholes
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

fuckin whackjobs w/ religious radical beliefs & explosives... freaks

truly the whole world has to work together to put these idiots out of their misery.

i would also imagine that a twisted up isis doorknob w/ a beard, ak-47 & explosives has not ever listened to rock n roll. that's one problem right there. no immigrant song. no girl from the north country. just a bunch of fucking assholes

Yah. Pretty much this.

Maybe a benefit concert for the ISIS idiots?
  • Options
    can't help myself putting this here

https://youtu.be/8MjWgD8XpnQ

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I caught myself believing that I needed god
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Wobbie said:

They all suck.

I threw a Family Guy reference in there just to be an idiot.

I'm out of intelligent things to say regarding brainwashed people doing brainwashed things. What can you say, really? F**king idiots. Pure and simple.
    I belong to the church of the latter day dude. Buscemi ain't the only Donny who needs to STFU.
  • Options
    i like buddhism although i am terrible at

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

I got a buddy that was a NCAA Div I athlete.

He became an aspiring Buddhist that routinely meditates. Every now and then, in the sporting arena, he forgets his Buddhist ways and reverts back to his old self!

I always take credit for him 'losing it': "Hey! See what a positive influence I am for you!"

But all kidding aside... I think if one was to subscribe to any religion... Buddhism would be the one. You don't see a lot of enraged Buddhists shooting people for drawing the Buddha too fat... or going to rock concerts and shooting a bunch of people yelling, "Praise Buddha!"... or discriminating against really nice, gay people... or protesting soldiers' funerals.

No. No... actually... every Buddhist I know is pretty much what every other religion claims they are: peaceful.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

Don't leave me hanging, chadwick.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Just remember you are more likely to get strike by lightning while simultaneously being eaten by a shark than killed in a terror attack.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Just remember you are more likely to get strike by lightning while simultaneously being eaten by a shark than killed in a terror attack.

Things completely out of man's control.

What are you saying? Don't worry? Be happy? Accept terrorism as a way of life? Let those f**king idiots kill people because it's not likely it's going to be you or I?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited March 2016
    Card-carrying agnostic here =) Though Judaism played a large part in my coming up and it still does, to varying degrees and via different tenets.

I'm watching a Rick Steves (card-carrying pot-smoker) documentary where he's traveling through Italy, Slovenia, Greece and Spain and documenting how the communities observe Easter. They're peaceful, gentle, somber.

My issue will always be with those who pervert good intentions, those who try to convert or hurt others by damning them for dissimilar beliefs...those who are assholes.

*edit for typofuckery

• Options
    JC29856 said:

This is the exact way of thinking that Trump is against.
    People just think this is what is normal.
    Trump says it is not and we need to take pause and figure out what the fuck is happening.
    Hard choices but we have to look at the first source of this thorn.
  • Options
    terrorists are a dying breed.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options