• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    I don't care about them that's right.
    I just am repeating what the "news" says.
    I have always said that no matter what Trump does or says it will not harm him or will at the very least keep him on his pinnacle.

You still haven't explained this pinnacle, since he is a shitty businessman. He's only a pinnacle for you...someone that doesn't understand how the stock market works. No wonder you think he's a genius.
    You still don't understand or can explain where your money went after your financial loss.
    What does understanding the stock market have to do with Trump being a serious contender for POTUS?

Many, many people have fallen to Trump climbing the pinnacle. Many want to be there.
    I explained it to you in painful detail. You just don't understand it. Go back to the example and read it again, using a paper and pencil.
    Paper, pencil, facts... now you've asked for wayyyy too much..
    No man.
    Tell me physically who has your money that you lost.
    if you can't then tell me at least were it is perceived to be.
    Okay. Let me try again.

I have 10k and buy 100 shares of something because it is selling for $100 per share.

Well after the Brexit vote, all the institutional investors pulled their money out of equities and stuck them in the dollar. Now my $100/share is only worth $85. I have $8500. Now if I'm a long term investor, I can wait for the market to recover and for institutional investors to come back. NO big deal. But if I'm retired or say I have to pay for my son's 1st semester next month, I won't recover. I've lost that money.

I don't who the fuck has my money. It's spread across all the investors who beat me to the sale and sold at a higher price than $85.
    You should always know who is holding your money in case you want to withdraw it immediately.
    You were paper rich.

That made you sound like a 15 year old.. hmm.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    I have always said that no matter what Trump does or says it will not harm him or will at the very least keep him on his pinnacle.

You still haven't explained this pinnacle, since he is a shitty businessman. He's only a pinnacle for you...someone that doesn't understand how the stock market works. No wonder you think he's a genius.
    You still don't understand or can explain where your money went after your financial loss.
    What does understanding the stock market have to do with Trump being a serious contender for POTUS?

Many, many people have fallen to Trump climbing the pinnacle. Many want to be there.
    I explained it to you in painful detail. You just don't understand it. Go back to the example and read it again, using a paper and pencil.
    No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

I have 10k and buy 100 shares of something because it is selling for $100 per share.

Well after the Brexit vote, all the institutional investors pulled their money out of equities and stuck them in the dollar. Now my $100/share is only worth $85. I have $8500. Now if I'm a long term investor, I can wait for the market to recover and for institutional investors to come back. NO big deal. But if I'm retired or say I have to pay for my son's 1st semester next month, I won't recover. I've lost that money.

I don't who the fuck has my money. It's spread across all the investors who beat me to the sale and sold at a higher price than $85.
    You should always know who is holding your money in case you want to withdraw it immediately.
    You were paper rich.

Sometimes you have to count your money by hand.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

once again... are you 15? you obviously don't understand 401ks or the stock market... and like Trump, how a currency drop effects the world.
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.

Dude, grow up.
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

Brexit has cost me well over 20k in my 401k in 1 day..

If Trump looks like he will win.. I might cash out and move to Italy... haha
    So cash out if the future looks grim.
    Why expect and take another known loss on the chin?
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

I don't want to look... fortunately I'm only 43 so it won't kill me but still.
  • Options

myoung321 said:

myoung321 said:

more cutting and pasting from Trumps site..

POLLY WANT A CRCKER?

You asked.
    What is wrong with that source?

Can you answer for yourself?

Do you think Northwestern University, Columbia Business School, Stanford University compare equally to Trump U?
    As PJfan is canadian maybe he doesn't understand the difference between actual institutions of higher learning and the real estate con known as drumpf u
    Northwestern University, Columbia Business School, Stanford University all helped create the curriculum for Trump U.
    "I smoked weed with Johnny Hopkins... and Sloan Kettering"...

Name the movie...
  • Options

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.

Learn that a Trump U?

• Options
    myoung321 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.

Learn that a Trump U?

I thought you were done here.
  • Options
    Bye Troll

• Options

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

So cash out if the future looks grim.
    Why expect and take another known loss on the chin?
    I'll give you the Canadian benefit on this one. If you cash out a 401k before 65, it gets taxed in the range of 40%. 401k are pre-tax investments and then are taxed as ordinary income if you wait until retirement for withdrawal. So although you are giving sage tax advice here, no thanks.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Thanks.
    Taxes, a sidetrack I don't need to get into the weeds of.
    So to get back on track would Trump as POTUS affect you 401k?
  • Options

^^^
    Thanks.
    Taxes, a sidetrack I don't need to get into the weeds of.
    So to get back on track would Trump as POTUS affect you 401k?

No. That would likely disrupt the markets and make things worse. Trump is unpredictable. Markets do not like unpredictable. I can guarantee you the world markets don't want a trade war with China. They don't want N and S Korea to obtain nukes and none of the other crazy ass geo-political shit he has said. So likely the markets would be unmoved with Clinton (or up a bit, depending on where they were late October) but would likely nosedive if Trump was elected.
  • Options
    ^^^
    This sounds very speculative. The whole nosediving market expression.
    Who is to really say that will really happen?
    The market has crashed hard and Trump is not POTUS.
  • Options

^^^

Of course it's speculative. Buy the rumor, sell the news.

The market crashed because Europe is headed for six months of financial chaos and Britain could very well have a recession.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

myoung321 said:

more cutting and pasting from Trumps site..

POLLY WANT A CRCKER?

You asked.
    What is wrong with that source?

Can you answer for yourself?

Do you think Northwestern University, Columbia Business School, Stanford University compare equally to Trump U?
    As PJfan is canadian maybe he doesn't understand the difference between actual institutions of higher learning and the real estate con known as drumpf u
    Northwestern University, Columbia Business School, Stanford University all helped create the curriculum for Trump U.
    "I smoked weed with Johnny Hopkins... and Sloan Kettering"...

Name the movie...
    Stepborthers!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

^^^

The market crashed because Europe is headed for six months of financial chaos and Britain could very well have a recession.
    Right it crashed without Trump as POTUS.
    No one is saying Obama caused this but people are quick to say Trump will cause things like this.
    Why are world leaders rattled that Trump is a serious contender? No I am not asking for the standard racist, misogynist pig response.
    So America has Hillary to be the stable predictable establishment product vice something else.
    Even Obama said that the world pays more attention to American elections than America does theirs.
    So it is very arrogant (not you personally) for some train members to question why someone from another country has no say in the election and should zip it.
    Trump has a lot of people talking and rattled - this is good.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    edited June 2016

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.
    What is all that cash under your pillow made out of? Drum roll....paper. Sure, cash is less risky than investments in stock, but it is no different than investment in stocks in that it is just an intangible asset whose value changes daily based on the markets. It isn't land or property rights that have intrinsic value. The British people just saw the buying power of their cash decrease 15% in a day. Ask the Argentinians how they feel about the stable value of their cash.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.
    What is all that cash under your pillow made out of? Drum roll....paper. Sure, cash is less risky than investments in stock, but it is no different than investment in stocks in that it is just an intangible asset whose value changes daily based on the markets. It isn't land or property rights that have intrinsic value. The British people just saw the buying power of their cash decrease 15% in a day. Ask the Argentinians how they feel about the stable value of their cash.
    Property rights?
    You never own your property as long as you pay taxes on it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637

mrussel1 said:

myoung321 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

No man.
    Okay. Let me try again.

You were paper rich.
    Property rights?
    You never own your property as long as you pay taxes on it.
    I agree the government can just take your stuff whenever they feel like it, but you seem to belittle people who invest in stocks by saying they should hold cash, like that piece of paper with a picture of the queen on it is somehow going to keep its value when the shit hits the fan. I would rather have land and property and have the chance to defend it rather than seeing my paper cash's value disappear.

I am conservative, but have to say like Trump you don't know how to not say stupid stuff every so often and totally undercut yourself. He would be ahead in the polls right now if he didn't pick unnecessary fights with people.
  • Options
    Trump is getting it all out on the table so there are no surprises come voting day.
    As for Hillary.....
    Cash is King, even Trump knows this.
  • Options

Trump is getting it all out on the table so there are no surprises come voting day.
    As for Hillary.....
    Cash is King, even Trump knows this.

Then why is he cash poor and property rich? He even said he would have to sell a building to finance his campaign.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

^^^

Right it crashed without Trump as POTUS.
    No one is saying Obama caused this but people are quick to say Trump will cause things like this.
    Why are world leaders rattled that Trump is a serious contender? No I am not asking for the standard racist, misogynist pig response.
    So America has Hillary to be the stable predictable establishment product vice something else.
    Even Obama said that the world pays more attention to American elections than America does theirs.
    So it is very arrogant (not you personally) for some train members to question why someone from another country has no say in the election and should zip it.
    Trump has a lot of people talking and rattled - this is good.
    Because:

1. He insulted our allies, like David Cameron and the mayor of London
    2. He's complimented Putin
    3. He said he would be okay if the Korean peninsula were nuclear
    4. He said we should not provide any military support to Japan, when that was a key term to the VJ agreements and has helped stabilize eastern Asia.

It's not a good thing to act like 70 years of foreign policy and relative peace are a bad thing. Jesus Christ, have we forgotten the world wars? Are you even paying attention to his policy statements?
  • Options
    1. Cameron is gone
    2. Putin likes him
    3. Does anyone care about Korea?
    4. Times have changed, Is America at war?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Want another reason why people think Trump is batshit crazy and unfit to lead? Check out this release today from the non-partisan "Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Is this math too racist for you?

Figure 2: Debt Under Candidates' Proposals (Percent of GDP)

Read the rest... educate yourself http://crfb.org/papers/promises-and-price-tags-fiscal-guide-2016-election
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    No the math isn't too racist for me
    Again with the racist stuff....train libs (not you personally in anyway whatsoever)are unreal.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Want another reason why people think Trump is batshit crazy and unfit to lead? Check out this release today from the non-partisan "Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

Read the rest... educate yourself http://crfb.org/papers/promises-and-price-tags-fiscal-guide-2016-election

I saw a graph like that once.
    I'm sure someone drew it somewhere.
  • Options

^^^
    No the math isn't too racist for me
    Again with the racist stuff....train libs (not you personally in anyway whatsoever)are unreal.

Nice try... this was what you said above Why are world leaders rattled that Trump is a serious contender? No I am not asking for the standard racist, misogynist pig response.

The world leaders are rattled because he's an idiot. His policies are idiotic, both foreign policy and economic policy. My last two posts show that.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

I saw a graph like that once.
    I'm sure someone drew it somewhere.
    You mean someone showed you Excel one time? Did you get to try it out before they escorted you away from the computer?

Can you defend his economic policy? How about the foreign policy? How about once when you get boxed in, admit that Trump is a fool rather than changing the subject.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016
    ^^^
    If the world leaders are rattled by an idiot it says a lot about the current configuration of them.
This discussion has been closed.