Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

PJFan, I do not like Trump. I do not hate him. I don't hate anyone. I do very much hate actions of people. I seriously fear for our country if he is at the helm. You don't live here, right? If you do, vote as you want but know this loud and clear, my vote will not be for Trump-- even if a gun was placed to my head. I don't need to back up my claim of worry. It's how I feel and I don't need to defend it. I have a 12 1/2 year old who has decided through news and reading that he is not her candidate, either. I will take advantage of my right to vote and exercise it as my heart directs me to.

You don't need to back up your claim? Decided via news and reading that it is not your candidate?
    What about his positions and how he will put them to action have you read any, at all?
    Pick one and say why it will fail https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

No one ever talks about his plans or policies. They are clearly laid out on his site.
    Tell me why his plans won't work.
    No, I don't need to back up my opinion. I will not read his link no matter how many times you link to it. I don't need to defend. I won't fall for your baiting. Nice try, though.

If you love him so much, perhaps we should send him on to you so that you may elect him and enjoy his policies. I wouldn't fight you for him. I promise. You can have him and enjoy him.

As for me, I will be voting otherwise.
    You don't need to back up your opinion?
    No, I don't. You see, I'm not trying to change your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion. I feel no need to defend my opinion to you and what's funny is that it seems like it bugs the shit out of you.

Hurry up! Attack, delete, edit to a period! Makes you the innocent one, right? Won't fall for it. Nice attempt, though.

I will not be voting for Trump but then again, you won't either. :rofl:

Cute post.
    Not defending your opinion, kind of like Trump.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

PJFan, I do not like Trump. I do not hate him. I don't hate anyone. I do very much hate actions of people. I seriously fear for our country if he is at the helm. You don't live here, right? If you do, vote as you want but know this loud and clear, my vote will not be for Trump-- even if a gun was placed to my head. I don't need to back up my claim of worry. It's how I feel and I don't need to defend it. I have a 12 1/2 year old who has decided through news and reading that he is not her candidate, either. I will take advantage of my right to vote and exercise it as my heart directs me to.

You don't need to back up your claim? Decided via news and reading that it is not your candidate?
    What about his positions and how he will put them to action have you read any, at all?

No one ever talks about his plans or policies. They are clearly laid out on his site.
    No, I don't need to back up my opinion. I will not read his link no matter how many times you link to it. I don't need to defend. I won't fall for your baiting. Nice try, though.

If you love him so much, perhaps we should send him on to you so that you may elect him and enjoy his policies. I wouldn't fight you for him. I promise. You can have him and enjoy him.

No, I don't. You see, I'm not trying to change your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion. I feel no need to defend my opinion to you and what's funny is that it seems like it bugs the shit out of you.

Hurry up! Attack, delete, edit to a period! Makes you the innocent one, right? Won't fall for it. Nice attempt, though.

Cute post.
    Isn't that what you like so much about him?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    I find it fascinating the whatever Trump thinks or says out loud the world listens and reacts.
    What other POTUS commands that attention?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    I find it fascinating the whatever Trump thinks or says out loud the world listens and reacts.
    Well the world listens and reacts to things Kanye West says and he's a talentless hack.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2016

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Well the world listens and reacts to things Kanye West says and he's a talentless hack.
    And the way Americans love their celebs in a godlike way Kanye could run for POTUS with Kim as Vice and they would be in serious contention for the WH.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    He's not a POTUS
    Hes a carnival barker
    A snake oil salesman
    A con man
    The host of a reality show
    Certainly not a POTUS
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    He's not a POTUS
    Hes a carnival barker
    A snake oil salesman
    A con man
    Certainly not a POTUS
    I know he is not POTUS.
    But he gets this global attention without being one imagine if he was.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    He's not a POTUS
    Hes a carnival barker
    A snake oil salesman
    A con man
    Certainly not a POTUS
    I know he is not POTUS.
    But he gets this global attention without being one imagine if he was.
    Don't you really think he's the only guy that has that sort of persona?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    And the way Americans love their celebs in a godlike way Kanye could run for POTUS with Kim as Vice and they would be in serious contention for the WH.
    And Trump's success in this election has kinda opened the door for that sort of thing.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    And Trump's success in this election has kinda opened the door for that sort of thing.
    Why are we acting like this is the first time this happened? Ronald Reagan was a cowboy in movies, and somehow became a revered president. Al Franken was Stuart Smalley, Arnold was in Twins, Jesse Ventura was a professional wrestler. Is this all that surprising?
  • Options
    Trump being down in the polls right now is like when a celeb puts out a flop.
    It makes headlines for awhile and they get over it.
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Why are we acting like this is the first time this happened? Ronald Reagan was a cowboy in movies, and somehow became a revered president. Al Franken was Stuart Smalley, Arnold was in Twins, Jesse Ventura was a professional wrestler. Is this all that surprising?
    Sure there's definitely precedent for celebrities-turned-politicians. Add Steve Largent and Sonny Bono to your list. But more often than not, they dabble in local politics or at least champion social issues before running. Trump walked right off the set a reality show into the presidential election.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Sure there's definitely precedent for celebrities-turned-politicians. Add Steve Largent and Sonny Bono to your list. But more often than not, they dabble in local politics or at least champion social issues before running. Trump walked right off the set a reality show into the presidential election.
    Still a reality show - dude doesn't care if he wins or loses, it's all a PR move. Plus, people are dumb so he's gotten pretty far on that alone.
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Still a reality show - dude doesn't care if he wins or loses, it's all a PR move. Plus, people are dumb so he's gotten pretty far on that alone.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. I think he wants to be the president so he can, in his mind, sit on a throne atop the world and be in charge. It's an ego thing. If it was a PR move, I'd consider it a failure. I understand the whole "any press is good press" mantra. But half the globe thinks he's a racist/bigot now. Nobody thought that before. Like...what does he expect to parlay all this into if he doesn't win the election? He's been exposed not only as possibly a bigot, but also as a shady businessman. I'm sure many people already knew he was a shady business man. But now, many more do. I never heard of Trump University or any of that shit until he ran for president.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Yeah, that's the thing. I think it's kinda inferred he'd love to be the top guy, but at the same he already knows he's the top guy. Whatever he does next is the best, the biggest, the most expensive, the most sought after. It's just all a game for him to inflate his already-giant head.

He makes money out of hype. And he'll do the same with all of this once he wins or loses. The downfall of his campaign, his "university, his wife (wives), will all somehow net him a gigantic profit.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,841

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Reagan was a successful and popular governor of CA so I'm not sure that is a good analogy. Jesse the Body and Arnold are good analogies. But I think both of them actually cared and didn't appear to be doing it to further the other products that are hawking.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Reagan was a successful and popular governor of CA so I'm not sure that is a good analogy. Jesse the Body and Arnold are good analogies. But I think both of them actually cared and didn't appear to be doing it to further the other products that are hawking.

The cared part I'll agree with you on. But it's besides the point of talking about celebrities - of any type - making a legitimate run for a political seat.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    edited June 2016
    mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Reagan was actually somewhat moderate, could work across the aisle, and wasn't an ignorant, close minded jerk-off. I'm a Democrat but would take Reagan over Trump literally any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What Trump stands for (banning Muslim immigration, surveying mosques, deporting every undocumented immigrant, not willing to immediately disavow an endorsement from the leader of the KKK, mocking people with physical disabilities) is so Un-American it's honestly not even funny. And the fact that so many people are buying into his bullshit is even scarier.
    Post edited by mschostok on
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Reagan was actually somewhat moderate, could work across the aisle, and wasn't an ignorant, close minded jerk-off. I'm a Democrat but would take Reagan over Trump literally any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What Trump stands for (banning Muslim immigration, surveying mosques, deporting every undocumented immigrant, not willing to immediately disavow an endorsement from the leader of the KKK, mocking people with physical disabilities) is so Un-American it's honestly not even funny. And the fact that so many people are buying into his bullshit is even scarier.
    I made a post several pages ago that if nothing else, now we know that Romney and McCain were actually not terrible people. Same with Reagan and Bush I. Trump is a terrible person. Bush II was just in over his head.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

The cared part I'll agree with you on. But it's besides the point of talking about celebrities - of any type - making a legitimate run for a political seat.
    I'm with you. I think there is a distinction between leveraging your celebrity (Bono, Largent, Arnold, Jesse, Eastwood) and simply trying to further your celebrity to feed your fucked up Id.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    I made a post several pages ago that if nothing else, now we know that Romney and McCain were actually not terrible people. Same with Reagan and Bush I. Trump is a terrible person. Bush II was just in over his head.
    Oh for sure. Honestly, Romney wouldn't be a bad President. I've lost all respect for John McCain when Trump said McCain "wasn't a war hero because he got caught" and mocked physically disabled people (John McCain is disabled b/c of his torture in Vietnam) but then McCain STILL endorsed Trump. Have some dignity, John.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,183
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/trump-obama-isis-conspiracy-theory-fbi-213970

Former CIA chief calls out Trumps bullshit

I really can't understand how anyone would vote for this idiot
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Oh for sure. Honestly, Romney wouldn't be a bad President. I've lost all respect for John McCain when Trump said McCain "wasn't a war hero because he got caught" and mocked physically disabled people (John McCain is disabled b/c of his torture in Vietnam) but then McCain STILL endorsed Trump. Have some dignity, John.
    Yeah, some Maverick! And it doesn't make sense because honestly, HRC is probably closer to McCain on foreign policy than Trump. And we know McCain raison d'etre is foreign policy. It's perplexing for sure.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Yeah, some Maverick! And it doesn't make sense because honestly, HRC is probably closer to McCain on foreign policy than Trump. And we know McCain raison d'etre is foreign policy. It's perplexing for sure.
    Without a doubt, Clinton and McCain have the same mindset when it comes to international relations and foreign policy. He's just falling in line.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Ditto his wife.
  • Options
    mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

mschostok said:

mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    And his slogan was country first. More like party first.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    Plus, Arnold married a Kennedy which helped.
  • Options
    Sample question from Trump university final exam. More can be found here. http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/sample-questions-from-the-trump-university-final-exam
    1. Two plus two equals what?

(a) Maybe four.
    (b) Could be four. Could be. Lotta people saying it’s five.
    (c) I’m not saying it’s five; I’m saying it could be—could be five. You see these establishment hacks, losers, like Mitt Romney? Real crank. They hate me. They take answers like “could be” and say, “Oh, he says two plus two equals five.” I never said that. I never—I said “could be.” Could be six. We don’t know.
    (d) All of the above.
    (e) None of the above.
    (f) D and E.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Cute post.
    :nuh_uh: Not gonna fall for it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,477
    89% Hispanics not voting for him
    90% blacks not voting for him
    !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.