Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,117
    he says he'll self-fund if the party abandons him. good luck with that, drumpf.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016

So far he's declared bankruptcy four times; I wonder if he could declare bankruptcy from spendings on a campaign - that'd be a first for him!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    some have suggested he will drop out when he realizes the dems will demolish him, after the convention but before the election. what happens to a general election if there is only one candidate?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    edited June 2016

some have suggested he will drop out when he realizes the dems will demolish him, after the convention but before the election. what happens to a general election if there is only one candidate?

The GOP would insert a candidate

I tend to agree though. I think he's going to bail. He doesn't want to release his tax returns and answer to why the figures he provides don't match the "trumped" up net worth that he's been bragging about.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/21/con-man-donald-and-the-trumpster-fire-financial-report.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page
    But what you see with Con Man Donald is out‑of‑control expenses that have little or nothing to do with the basic operational responsibility of running a presidential campaign. Instead, we see $423,000 paid in rental fees to his estate/club Mar-a-Lago (which he could have just gifted as a self-funded candidate rather than charged back to the campaign), and $394,000 spent on Trump-branded jets. He spent over $200,000 on hats and $35,000 on a New Hampshire-based online ad company called Draper-Sterling, but nothing on building swing state organizations or television ads. The whole operation is like Trump’s hair— a few gilded threads spun together to give the impression of substance when there is plainly nothing underneath.
    Non-candidates Ben Carson and Ted Cruz have more cash on hand than the presumptive Republican nominee. This is not a sign of strong leadership or deep business skills. It is a sign of an ad hoc organization that exists primarily to feed the ego of its candidate.
    The giant sucking sound in the Trump's expenditures helps explain why Corey Lewandowski was unceremoniously ditched shortly Monday morning, after devoting more than a year of his life to a walking example of narcissistic personality disorder. Tone comes from the top of any organization, but the campaign manager is uniquely responsible for operations. Lewandowski should have been fired on the basis of his complete failure to build an actual national presidential campaign. Instead, he got thrown off the Titanic before the passengers were alerted about a little problem with an iceberg.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    So yeah....he's "self funding" his campaign yet his campaign is PAYING HIM hundreds of thousands of dollars in "rental" fees, etc.

Now...just imagine if Hillary were doing this.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    There's still a lot of interesting crap sure to happen in this election year. Trump may indeed give up if he can't win, Bernie is staying in the race because he thinks Hillary may be indicted or something, more terrorist shootings may occur which will help trump, who knows. Lots of months of this shenanigans left
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    benjs said:

So far he's declared bankruptcy four times; I wonder if he could declare bankruptcy from spendings on a campaign - that'd be a first for him!
    you obviously aren't a business man, some of the most successful people in this world have used bankruptcy to save assets but your hate for Trump will blind you from any facts..seriously people like you annoy me and I don't even like Trump

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762

Well now that he has restructured it will only get better.
    His campaign manager went as far as he could just like the Peter Principle.
    He now will have fresh horses to take him down the stretch.
    Time to support http://shop.donaldjtrump.com/category-s/106.htm

:dizzy:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

you obviously aren't a business man, some of the most successful people in this world have used bankruptcy to save assets but your hate for Trump will blind you from any facts..seriously people like you annoy me and I don't even like Trump

That's because business is shady by nature in America. That's why some of us don't want a business man in charge of our safety, freedom, and well-being. None of those things are important to a good businessman.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

His campaign only has a few million dollars cash in hand, and their fundraising operation is woefully pathetic.
    Doesn't look good for the Donald lol

His campaign apparently has about $1.4 million left, which will probably be gone in a week, while Hilary has about $42 million and counting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

If they are that successful they don't need to be "saved."

Bankruptcy means bad decisions were made and those in charge couldn't think their way out of it any other way.

• Options
    Lol, I never thought I'd see the day where defending bankruptcy (multiple bankruptcies, no less) as something that indicates good business decisions is actually considered a valid argument. :lol: It is true that some of the richest people in the world have used bankruptcy.... in order to manage their fuck ups.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol, I never thought I'd see the day where defending bankruptcy (multiple bankruptcies, no less) as something that indicates good business decisions is actually considered a valid argument. :lol: It is true that some of the richest people in the world have used bankruptcy.... in order to manage their fuck ups.

exactly...and those people don't brag about how great of a businessman they are

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

exactly...and those people don't brag about how great of a businessman they are
    I think they do, changing your mistakes into someone else's burdens is good business 101 in America.
    If you get someone to sign a bad contract and then don't screw them over you are no mogul.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,060
    Read the first line of this article and you'll understand the best reason to vote for Trump.
    http://eheadlines.com/breaking-rosie-odonnell-unleashes-on-donald-trump/
  • Options

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    It's stuff like this that's just going to make it too easy -
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    that's pretty damn powerful...

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,831
    pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

I'm a business man and am smart enough to know that you can't declare bankruptcy on the US debt obligation which Trump floated a few weeks ago. The idiocy behind that concept is staggering and reflects onhis willful lack of understanding in the difference between some half ass LLC created to sell water and the full faith and credit of the government. I'm sure you can agree there, right?
  • Options
    Hillary is going to shame the con man into releasing those returns....he's not going to have a choice unless he drops out

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hillary-clinton-trump-economy-taxes
    In a speech on the economy on Tuesday, Hillary Clinton called out Donald Trump for not releasing his tax returns and wondered out loud what he is trying to hide.

"You have to ask yourself, what's he afraid of?" she asked, musing that he may have avoided paying taxes. "Or maybe he isn't as rich as he claims."

Clinton's speech comes the day after new FEC filings showed Trump's campaign with a paltry amount of cash on hand for a major party presidential campaign and Trump being forced to loan his campaign $2 million to keep it afloat.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

Obviously I'm aware that bankruptcy can be used as a means to restructure a business and save (personal) assets, but as mrussell poignantly stated (and Trump conveniently ignores) - government and business operations are not exactly comparable. You don't get a mulligan in a national debt.

Also, I don't know how you define success, but my definition doesn't include requiring my company's assets to be sold and personnel to be removed to pay off the most of my debts (leaving many potentially unpaid), while I am personally protected by the laws which protect LLCs more than humans. It takes an egomaniacal man like Trump to somehow paint this act in a positive light.

It's a shame your failure to recognize a light-hearted joke resulted in such anger.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,781
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/5LhNjWoBZck

fucking beautiful...

• Options

https://youtu.be/5LhNjWoBZck

fucking beautiful...

You know what is interesting?
    You could never post a video making fun of Hillarys' body parts on here.
  • Options
    I don't know about that. Quick, someone find a video that makes fun of Hillary's body parts, and we'll find out.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
  • Options
    Wow what a zing!
    Hillary for President immediately!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501

Wow what a zing!
    Hillary for President immediately!
    Pinnacles! Global attention! Exclamation points! YAY!
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.