Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    whoa....I just heard an interview where Trump was saying how great the 90's were under Clinton

hilarious
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2016
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Jose...always the one to get offended and snippy first HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH easy Amigo it don't matter who he supports, his comments and idea's are just as valid as yours and it sounds like he takes the time to do some real research before shooting off his mouth....like me HAHAHHAHAHA !!!!!

you will obey...believe in the Trumpman....obey and conform to the new world order.....HAHHAHAHHA !!!!

Godfather.
  • inmyNCinmyNC Posts: 243

inmyNC said:

inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    One thing Trump has consistently done this entire campaign is demonstrate that his opponents are weak and only a matter of time before each one would fall.
    Also you could say that many, many Americans will vote for him as POTUS.
    Something that can't be said of Sanders and only a little with Hillary.

what can't be said for sanders and hillary? that many many americans won't vote for either one of them?

sanders kills trump in the polls. hillary is very close to trump.

the only way the dems lose this election is if they do not show up to vote.
    Trump closed the gap with Hillary because he consolidated the R vote. That hasn't happened on the Dem side yet. Hillary's voters would never say "undecided or Trump" in the hypothetical Sanders V Trump match. However, Sanders voters will still say that. Once Bernie officially drops and endorses Hillary (which I believe he will do if he hopes to leverage his influence in the Senate), then I think the gap will widen again.
    For what its worth, if Sanders drops out and endorses Clinton , I think it will be detrimental to her campaign. I think Hillary is a more centered democrat and taking an endorsement from Sanders will pull her more left. This will push independents towards the right.. Independents will elect the next president..
    Your discounting the minority vote Trump does not get it , women , blacks , Spanish , Muslims yes there are a bunch that can vote , gay community all will vote for Clinton
    Trump may get the majority of minority votes. I question if women are considered minorities. I know a lot of women that ,are at this point, supporting Trump. I think there's a strong chance that many minorities are voting on a partisan platform rather then actual issues. Trump has expressed some insulting comments. I'm in total agreement with that. I've searched out all these quotes and have found that many of these insulting remarks have been aimed at a particular individual rather then a group of people. That said , he has been quoted insulting groups as a whole as well. There will be minority votes cast his way when jobs become a topic. Many folks ,no matter their ethnicity, will vote with respect to their wallets.
    Yeah well I live here on Long Island and I can assure you I work with many , Spanish , blacks , women , Muslims in this hospital and none that I know will be voting for Trump you can paint it any way you see fit to make you feel good about your support for Trump yeah I know you said your on the fence but your trying hard to find a reason to vote for him Romney had a better approval rating and look what happened to him Trumps approval ratings amongst minorities is abismall !!!!
    Trump does not at this point have my support. As I have said before I just may skip this presidential election and focus more on my local elections. My point is that I think too many people vote within their party. Too many people vote on if they like a candidate on a personal level. I tend to vote if they can actually carry out their agenda. So when I look at Clinton I get this feeling that there really isn't any improvement or change for the better at all (a rather bland agenda). Trump has a few new ideas. Half of which I see as propaganda to draw a conservative vote and never really would come to fruition. I think that a little "out of the box " method of thinking is what will usher in a new country wide look at third parties. I suppose I should say what is holding back from supporting Trump. I can say it in one word "War" .. His remarks on the use of military force has held me back. A war against terrorist can never be won. To much collateral damage breeding new hate .
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,169
    inmyNC said:

inmyNC said:

inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^
    One thing Trump has consistently done this entire campaign is demonstrate that his opponents are weak and only a matter of time before each one would fall.
    Also you could say that many, many Americans will vote for him as POTUS.
    Something that can't be said of Sanders and only a little with Hillary.

what can't be said for sanders and hillary? that many many americans won't vote for either one of them?

sanders kills trump in the polls. hillary is very close to trump.

the only way the dems lose this election is if they do not show up to vote.
    Trump closed the gap with Hillary because he consolidated the R vote. That hasn't happened on the Dem side yet. Hillary's voters would never say "undecided or Trump" in the hypothetical Sanders V Trump match. However, Sanders voters will still say that. Once Bernie officially drops and endorses Hillary (which I believe he will do if he hopes to leverage his influence in the Senate), then I think the gap will widen again.
    For what its worth, if Sanders drops out and endorses Clinton , I think it will be detrimental to her campaign. I think Hillary is a more centered democrat and taking an endorsement from Sanders will pull her more left. This will push independents towards the right.. Independents will elect the next president..
    Your discounting the minority vote Trump does not get it , women , blacks , Spanish , Muslims yes there are a bunch that can vote , gay community all will vote for Clinton
    Trump may get the majority of minority votes. I question if women are considered minorities. I know a lot of women that ,are at this point, supporting Trump. I think there's a strong chance that many minorities are voting on a partisan platform rather then actual issues. Trump has expressed some insulting comments. I'm in total agreement with that. I've searched out all these quotes and have found that many of these insulting remarks have been aimed at a particular individual rather then a group of people. That said , he has been quoted insulting groups as a whole as well. There will be minority votes cast his way when jobs become a topic. Many folks ,no matter their ethnicity, will vote with respect to their wallets.
    Yeah well I live here on Long Island and I can assure you I work with many , Spanish , blacks , women , Muslims in this hospital and none that I know will be voting for Trump you can paint it any way you see fit to make you feel good about your support for Trump yeah I know you said your on the fence but your trying hard to find a reason to vote for him Romney had a better approval rating and look what happened to him Trumps approval ratings amongst minorities is abismall !!!!
    Trump does not at this point have my support. As I have said before I just may skip this presidential election and focus more on my local elections. My point is that I think too many people vote within their party. Too many people vote on if they like a candidate on a personal level. I tend to vote if they can actually carry out their agenda. So when I look at Clinton I get this feeling that there really isn't any improvement or change for the better at all (a rather bland agenda). Trump has a few new ideas. Half of which I see as propaganda to draw a conservative vote and never really would come to fruition. I think that a little "out of the box " method of thinking is what will usher in a new country wide look at third parties. I suppose I should say what is holding back from supporting Trump. I can say it in one word "War" .. His remarks on the use of military force has held me back. A war against terrorist can never be won. To much collateral damage breeding new hate .
    Yeah I agree our choices suck and have sucked for a long time and no matter who wins it they will be tied to any conflicts in the Middle East region so yeah the future outlook is bleak for all of us who are not pro war ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,169

Jose...always the one to get offended and snippy first HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH easy Amigo it don't matter who he supports, his comments and idea's are just as valid as yours and it sounds like he takes the time to do some real research before shooting off his mouth....like me HAHAHHAHAHA !!!!!

you will obey...believe in the Trumpman....obey and conform to the new world order.....HAHHAHAHHA !!!!

Godfather.

Ha ha ha lol ok GF I'm in a good mood today ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Godfather.

Ha ha ha lol ok GF I'm in a good mood today ....
    cool !

Godfather.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Why is the left always so violent...

http://m.koat.com/news/trump-protesters-throw-rocks-and-bottles-at-police-horses/39710044

Can they put their need for fascism aside and just protest peacefully for once?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    BS44325 said:

http://m.koat.com/news/trump-protesters-throw-rocks-and-bottles-at-police-horses/39710044

It is ironic.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    BS44325 said:

Because they can't get a grip on their emotions. Don't you know...nothing should be said to upset them. Don't say anything that is counter to their point of view and we will all get along just fine...until something else sets them off.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    BS44325 said:

It wasn't a protest.

'This was not a protest - it was a riot that was the result of a mob trying to cause damage and injury to public property and innocent citizens exercising their constitutional right to peaceably assemble,” Albuquerque City Council President Dan Lewis said in a statement.
    If protesters threw rocks outside of a KKK rally would you feel any different?

Because that's basically what happened.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018

Oh GTFO with that bullshit.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-carter-trump-tapped-a-reservoir-of-inherent-racism-131833920.html

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...has a shitty combover like a duck...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    Extremists on both sides are dangerous and prone to violence or chaos. I don't think it has much to do with what your specific ideology is.
    don't try and take anything from a freeloader.

Godfather.

don't try and take anything from a freeloader.

Godfather.

Their signs didn't say anything about freeloading. They referred to Trump being a racist and representing white privilege.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:

Extremists on both sides are dangerous and prone to violence or chaos. I don't think it has much to do with what your specific ideology is.

Yeah, I agree. These idiots don't get a pass because of who they were protesting, it's how they did it.

(I'll never get how destroying cars, property, throwing shit at others, etc. gets any viable point across)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Hahaa! So some of you really still think he'll be president....hahaha!!! Oh boy!
    www.cluthelee.com

Hahaa! So some of you really still think he'll be president....hahaha!!! Oh boy!

Never underestimate the the rabble. It's why the founders set this up as a representative democracy. They didn't trust the people.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    mrussel1 said:

Never underestimate the the rabble. It's why the founders set this up as a representative democracy. They didn't trust the people.
    I agree with that statement.
    www.cluthelee.com

mrussel1 said:

I agree with that statement.
    If you figure that our system was set up right after the French Revolution where they went from monarchy -> anarchy -> Bonaparte dictatorship in the span of 25 years. No way were they going with 'direct democracy'!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Was I the only one who saw the irony in some of the protesters? I saw Hispanics holding up signs saying they aren't criminals, while throwing rocks and burning debris at police, lighting fires and burning the American flag.
    It kinda made me laugh.
    "I'm not a criminal, and I'll prove it by throwing this Molotov Cocktail at your face!"
    Obviously these only represent a small fraction of the minorities. I don't lump them all together with those idiots.
    mace1229 said:

Was I the only one who saw the irony in some of the protesters? I saw Hispanics holding up signs saying they aren't criminals, while throwing rocks and burning debris at police, lighting fires and burning the American flag.
    It kinda made me laugh.
    "I'm not a criminal, and I'll prove it by throwing this Molotov Cocktail at your face!"
    Obviously these only represent a small fraction of the minorities. I don't lump them all together with those idiots.

Wait....you are saying that you saw the same person holding the sign throwing rocks?

mace1229 said:

It kinda made me laugh.

Wait....you are saying that you saw the same person holding the sign throwing rocks?
    Yes. There were lots of clips shown. There were at least a couple that showed that. And even more with different people but clearly in the same group vandalizing property while others in the group were holding similar signs. Shouldn't be too shocking, seems to be the case often in these situations
  • Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    How about waving the Mexican Flag. If Mexico is so great why are they here in the USA protesting? That is ironic to me
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

Everyone has the right to peacefully assemble. When people start throwing rocks at those who are peacefully assembled, they are in the wrong...regardless of the disagreement.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

How about waving the Mexican Flag. If Mexico is so great why are they here in the USA protesting? That is ironic to me

That is a middle school level assessment of immigration
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,330
    So it's clear trump is an egomaniac.

That said - why can't we have straight talk about some of this stuff. The facts are some people are here illegally. They are by current definition criminals. If we were to follow the law, they would be deported if found here illegally.

Now, based upon the fact that our government and leaders have failed us for so many years, this problem is huge. And while following the law means deporting all, perhaps that isn't the best course of action. But please don't pretend that deporting illegals is unfair in anyway. It certainly is lawful.

And people being proud to be out in public announcing their are illegally in the country is a bit strange to me. We've basically made it so that people think those that want to enforce the law are somehow racist.....wtf????? That is far from the truth.

This whole immigration issue is a gigantic turd with no real good answer. But there are more humane answers that also still ensure we are a nation of laws.
    hippiemom = goodness
    great statement. I agree with every point.
This discussion has been closed.