Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,158
    rgambs said:

eddiec said:

rgambs said:

How about waving the Mexican Flag. If Mexico is so great why are they here in the USA protesting? That is ironic to me

That is a middle school level assessment of immigration
    There needs to be immigration reform, but who is going to take people serious that throw rocks at police officers and brandish the flag from the country they left? They lose credibility in my opinion.
    Yes, any protest that turns into a riot loses credibility.

Vancouver turned into a riot over a hockey game.

Brandishing the flag of another country? Nearly all Americans take part in some form of celebration of their motherland. Paddy's Day, Columbus Day, Puerto Rican Day parade....the list is endless.

I have no issue with flying a flag to honor a persons heritage, but to fly a flag of another country to protest the US just loses credibility in my eyes. It makes me feel they think Mexico is better.
    They weren't protesting the US, they were protesting a demagogue who throws around outlandish claims and outright insults aimed at the people who inhabit their homeland.
    While admitting they were here illegally. Seems crazy to me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

What about those Native Americans? Deport them back to their homeland too.

That's helpful.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Clearly a joke
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

eddiec said:

I still feel there is an element of racism even with our illegals. Nobody says deport the thousands of illegal Irish who come to the US every year.

That's true. There are TONS of white illegals in the US and no one seems to mind.
    The same people do mind. It is your assumption that this is only about Latin American illegals is what is so off base.
    Oh yeah? What makes you say that? Where is the evidence that that is really true? I've never really seen any. You aren't seriously trying to suggest that the same sentiments are being applied towards white illegals and Mexican or Muslim illegals, are you?? If you are, you're in la la land, or just making shit up.
    Yes I am seriously trying to suggest that. It is the open borders crowd that wants to make this about race in order to avoid a discussion on illegal immigration altogether. That game is over. Yelling racism has lost the power it once had.
    No it hasn't the way Trump presented himself onto the main stage was by saying racist crap or did you already forget it or it really doesn't matter anymore to you !
    BS doesn't see racism, apparently it doesn't exist.
    Trump assumes some Mexicans are good people so he clearly isn't a racist... :dizzy:
    Yes and he gets along with the ones that built his tower and the ones that cook for him too !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I wonder if everybody is dumb enough to believe everything they hear about Trump ?.....man and the same people voted for Obama ? HAHHAHHAHHAH Lord, the world has gone crazy...
    but guess what ? that's your right as an American, enjoy it without hurting someone else in the process like the pieces of shit at that rally.

Godfather.
  • Options

I wonder if everybody is dumb enough to believe everything they hear about Trump ?.....man and the same people voted for Obama ? HAHHAHHAHHAH Lord, the world has gone crazy...
    but guess what ? that's your right as an American, enjoy it without hurting someone else in the process like the pieces of shit at that rally.

Godfather.

I'm only talking about what he has said himself nothing else , he said Mexicans that come here are rapist did you hear that or do you think he meant therapist lol !!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

Godfather.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    Has anyone here ever worked in a restaurant in a big city?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    he said Mexico sends us rapist and killers after that white gal was rapped and killed by an illegal Mexican in Frisco and the other stories of the same nature, like the illegal in Bakersfield who killed a young white gal and left her carved up body on a farm road, he never said all Mexicans are rapist and killers but these dumb-asses at these rally's just hear what they want.....and we continue to read about the same stuff about illegal's in our country or these so called refugees in other countries.
    it's high time ALL American's woke the fuck up ! ......

Godfather.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777

Godfather.

There's plenty of video of him saying many things and those I do believe. He seems to believe what he reads in the National Enquirer and I don't but maybe I should? I'm wondering what you think? Should I believe any of this story? Is there some truth in this even if all of it isn't true?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/donald-trump-denies-rape-teenage-7857357

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

he said Mexico sends us rapist and killers after that white gal was rapped and killed by an illegal Mexican in Frisco and the other stories of the same nature, like the illegal in Bakersfield who killed a young white gal and left her carved up body on a farm road, he never said all Mexicans are rapist and killers but these dumb-asses at these rally's just hear what they want.....and we continue to read about the same stuff about illegal's in our country or these so called refugees in other countries.
    it's high time ALL American's woke the fuck up ! ......

Godfather.

Yes I forgot that only people who come here from Mexico rape & murder Americans !!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,758
    Kat said:

Godfather.

There's plenty of video of him saying many things and those I do believe. He seems to believe what he reads in the National Enquirer and I don't but maybe I should? I'm wondering what you think? Should I believe any of this story? Is there some truth in this even if all of it isn't true?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/donald-trump-denies-rape-teenage-7857357

Now that's a good question!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited May 2016
    In your guys' opinion... is it racist to be indifferent to racism? Like Trump makes these outrageous statements...and yet...I don't really care because they're not about me or people like me. Is that bad? I feel like maybe it's bad. Shouldn't I, as an American of privilege (a middle-class white dude), stick up for the less-privileged (suppressed minorities)? Or is it good that I worry about myself and don't butt into the business of others?
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

In your guys' opinion... is it racist to be indifferent to racism? Like Trump makes these outrageous statements...and yet...I don't really care because they're not about me or people like me. Is that bad? I feel like maybe it's bad. Shouldn't I, as an American of privilege (a middle-class white dude), stick up for the less-privileged (suppressed minorities)? Or should I be commended for worrying about myself and not butting into the business of others?

If your asking I'd say you already know the answer !!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159

Godfather.

Wait are you saying that the guy on TV that looks exactly like Donald Trump saying all that stupid shit isn't Donald Trump?

Or are you talking out of your ass again.

Reminder....GF is a union guy that votes republican
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

In your guys' opinion... is it racist to be indifferent to racism? Like Trump makes these outrageous statements...and yet...I don't really care because they're not about me or people like me. Is that bad? I feel like maybe it's bad. Shouldn't I, as an American of privilege (a middle-class white dude), stick up for the less-privileged (suppressed minorities)? Or should I be commended for worrying about myself and not butting into the business of others?

If your asking I'd say you already know the answer !!
    But I don't know the answer. I'm not racist and have never discriminated against anyone based on race, creed, sexuality, etc. Yet...when someone like Trump does...I don't really care. But I'm not exactly aiding and abetting him cause it's not like I go around saying "Have you heard about Trump's awesome Muslim ban idea?!" When he suggests banning Muslims or calling Mexicans rapists, I shrug and say "whatever" despite knowing that if I were in their shoes, rhetoric like that could ruin my life. The whole thing is strange.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

In your guys' opinion... is it racist to be indifferent to racism? Like Trump makes these outrageous statements...and yet...I don't really care because they're not about me or people like me. Is that bad? I feel like maybe it's bad. Shouldn't I, as an American of privilege (a middle-class white dude), stick up for the less-privileged (suppressed minorities)? Or is it good that I worry about myself and don't butt into the business of others?

It isnt about you or people like you? Really? People are people. They're like all of us.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042

If you witness a racist act and do nothing then absolutely.
    However, with relation to Trump, he has made his campaign by making outrageous statements that I'm not convinced even he believes should, or could happen. So I'm not sure what sticking up for something against Trump would even look like.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

However, with relation to Trump, he has made his campaign by making outrageous statements that I'm not convinced even he believes should, or could happen. So I'm not sure what sticking up for something against Trump would even look like.
    Well I guess voting against him and encouraging others to do the same is all you can do.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I think it's socially irresponsible to be indifferent about racism, and pretty self-centered not to be at all concerned about it just because you're not a victim of it. You might be the supreme ostrich. But it's not racist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I think it's socially irresponsible to be indifferent about racism, and pretty self-centered not to be at all concerned about it just because you're not a victim of it. You might be the supreme ostrich. But it's not racist.

A self-centered, socially irresponsible ostrich. Well...at least I'm not a racist.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

A self-centered, socially irresponsible ostrich. Well...at least I'm not a racist.
    :plus_one:
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243

mace1229 said:

Well I guess voting against him and encouraging others to do the same is all you can do.
    Vote on the issues that affect you, your family and your future. Take a hard look at all the candidates and their agendas. Read their websites, research and make decision based upon that. Your vote should be selfish, that's how we as a nation strive to elect the best for the majority of our citizens. No president will have 100% approval..
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Your vote should be selfish? Yikes. I think that attitude is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Looking out for the common good is looking out for yourself too IMO, and especially for your kids' futures.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Your vote should be selfish? Yikes. I think that attitude is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Looking out for the common good is looking out for yourself too IMO, and especially for your kids' futures.

Actually the beauty is you can vote however you like based on any criteria you want.

The bad part is the same exact thing!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Actually the beauty is you can vote however you like based on any criteria you want.

Sure, but my comment doesn't really have anything to do with the freedom to vote for whomever you want. I'm just talking about attitudes, and how a selfish attitude is bad for the world.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

As I stated before " vote for the issues that affect you, your family and your future.. The selfish part includes your family. One issue may be beneficial to you while the other issue is best for me.. So when the issue comes to a vote which vote do you cast.. Simple its called democracy!!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, but my comment doesn't really have anything to do with the freedom to vote for whomever you want. I'm just talking about attitudes, and how a selfish attitude is bad for the world.
    If 100 people vote on one issue.. 51 vote one way 49 the other.... The 51 get their way. The 49 don't. Unfortunatly and fortunately that's how it is.... Its selfish but its democracy...
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

If 100 people vote on one issue.. 51 vote one way 49 the other.... The 51 get their way. The 49 don't. Unfortunatly and fortunately that's how it is.... Its selfish but its democracy...
    Sure, but that also has nothing to do with what I'm saying (btw, this democracy you're talking about isn't even happening in the USA anyhow).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

inmyNC said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Sure, but that also has nothing to do with what I'm saying (btw, this democracy you're talking about isn't even happening in the USA anyhow).
    Its not? How so?
This discussion has been closed.