Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,473
    Smellyman said:

This is what idiot America has bred. For years fox, Breitbart, Walsh, West, Limbaugh etc. have spread lies and hate. Now the GOP is surprised Trump wins? Reap what you sow. The age of intelligence, critical, thinking and reason is completely gone from you party. Now your candidates don't have to say one legit thing and the base sucks it up like good lap dogs.

future is bleak.

No doubt even when pressed he just talks over the person asking ? And just keeps spewing the untruth unreal ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet. Good article, great clip from President Obama's Rutgers speech:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/16/us/politics/obama-swipes-at-trump-but-doesnt-name-him-in-speech-at-rutgers.html?_r=0
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

only Trump could get away with (because his followers are idiots) criticizing Obama for using teleprompters within 15 seconds of saying that he gives speeches USING TELEPROMPTERS!!!

HOW???

Skin color and party. Same reason why idiots believe Halliburton is nothing and Benghazzi is terrible.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,293
    trump gets nra endorsement.

the next day he says that he does not want to arm teachers in schools. well. maybe not arm all teachers. well maybe arm a few specially trained teachers.

this man is a buffoon. he will say anything to get endorsements, and then anything, even contradictory, to get elected.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^^
    One thing Trump has consistently done this entire campaign is demonstrate that his opponents are weak and only a matter of time before each one would fall.
    Also you could say that many, many Americans will vote for him as POTUS.
    Something that can't be said of Sanders and only a little with Hillary.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,293

^^^
    One thing Trump has consistently done this entire campaign is demonstrate that his opponents are weak and only a matter of time before each one would fall.

what can't be said for sanders and hillary? that many many americans won't vote for either one of them?

sanders kills trump in the polls. hillary is very close to trump.

the only way the dems lose this election is if they do not show up to vote.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,830

^^^

what can't be said for sanders and hillary? that many many americans won't vote for either one of them?

Trump closed the gap with Hillary because he consolidated the R vote. That hasn't happened on the Dem side yet. Hillary's voters would never say "undecided or Trump" in the hypothetical Sanders V Trump match. However, Sanders voters will still say that. Once Bernie officially drops and endorses Hillary (which I believe he will do if he hopes to leverage his influence in the Senate), then I think the gap will widen again.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,182

^^^

This is true i believe. No matter who the dems run, they win if they show up to vote. That said, I'm worried that trump actually excited people and will get people to the polls. And Really there isn't anything exciting about Hillary or Bernie.

I've said it before I'm probably sitting this one out, but if it appears trump is close, I just might get to the polls.....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

^^^

This is true i believe. No matter who the dems run, they win if they show up to vote. That said, I'm worried that trump actually excited people and will get people to the polls. And Really there isn't anything exciting about Hillary or Bernie.

I've said it before I'm probably sitting this one out, but if it appears trump is close, I just might get to the polls.....
    Plus, no running mates are picked yet. They can make or break someone. I'm looking at you, Sarah Palin!
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    it's going to be a tight race..

Godfather.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Jason P said:

Pretty.
  • Options
    Free said:

Jason P said:

Pretty.
    Yup,
    Americans are screwed.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,591
    An important read.....

Just What Were Donald Trump's Ties to the Mob?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-mob-organized-crime-213910

• Options

Free said:

Jason P said:

Pretty.
    Yup,
    Americans are screwed.
    depends who you ask, I said the same thing about Obama and you guy's disagreed so apparently there a lot of Americans who think Trump will do a better job than Hell'ary or Obama has done

Godfather.

• Options

Free said:

Jason P said:

Pretty.
    Yup,
    Americans are screwed.
    depends who you ask, I said the same thing about Obama and you guy's disagreed so apparently there a lot of Americans who think Trump will do a better job than Hell'ary or Obama has done

Godfather.

I know,
    I just meant that Americans have to choose between very contentious choices with the alternative being their nemesis.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847

Free said:

Jason P said:

Pretty.
    Yup,
    Americans are screwed.
    Not just Americans.
  • Options

Free said:

Jason P said:

Pretty.
    Yup,
    Americans are screwed.

Godfather.

I know,
    I just meant that Americans have to choose between very contentious choices with the alternative being their nemesis.
    yeah the political pool has been limited, look at who Americans are supporting (myself included) but really... a career politician who being investigated by the FBI or CIA and has more conspiracies on her than Al Capone and a rich man from New York with no political past...and a cool hair cut LOL ! but in all seriousness what the heck has happened ?

Godfather.

• Options
    did the "Skull and Bones" lose their fraternity ? has the all seeing eye gone blind ? are the Free Mason's not recruiting anymore ? stop the madness !!!!!!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-golf-course-sea-wall-global-warming

Another lie....Trump believes in global warming yet tells his sheepish followers that it's BS

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,591

Another lie....Trump believes in global warming yet tells his sheepish followers that it's BS

Drumpf will do interviews where he acknowledges that the sun sets in the west. But, when speaking to his sycophants, he'll say it sets in the east and that Hillary Clinton will try to take the sun away from you.
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    edited May 2016
    mrussel1 said:

^^^

Trump closed the gap with Hillary because he consolidated the R vote. That hasn't happened on the Dem side yet. Hillary's voters would never say "undecided or Trump" in the hypothetical Sanders V Trump match. However, Sanders voters will still say that. Once Bernie officially drops and endorses Hillary (which I believe he will do if he hopes to leverage his influence in the Senate), then I think the gap will widen again.
    For what its worth, if Sanders drops out and endorses Clinton , I think it will be detrimental to her campaign. I think Hillary is a more centered democrat and taking an endorsement from Sanders will pull her more left. This will push independents towards the right.. Independents will elect the next president..
    Post edited by inmyNC on
  • Options

Drumpf will do interviews where he acknowledges that the sun sets in the west. But, when speaking to his sycophants, he'll say it sets in the east and that Hillary Clinton will try to take the sun away from you.
    Yes.
    Trump will do interviews where the truth is acknowledged and then throw in a few bones for his opponents.
    The facts and half-truths mix and eventually you build a fanbase.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

For what its worth, if Sanders drops out and endorses Clinton , I think it will be detrimental to her campaign. I think Hillary is a more centered democrat and taking an endorsement from Sanders will pull her more left. This will push independents towards the right.. Independents will elect the next president..
    Good post.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

Your discounting the minority vote Trump does not get it , women , blacks , Spanish , Muslims yes there are a bunch that can vote , gay community all will vote for Clinton
  • Options
    we'll see.

Godfather.
  • Options
    I'm undecided ... Last election I wrote in Ron Paul. This election I'm on the fence. I look at Hillary Clinton and have dug to find her legislative proposals , looked for her successes in foreign policies, searched for something that showed she hasn't spent the last years warming a cozy leather desk chair. I haven't found anything that that can be deemed impressive. She seemed to sit idly by as GW Bush pulled the nation into war and sent our nations debt out of control. Bush isn't the only pres to hold blame for that. On a personal note I am struggling to find a reason to support her. I will not cast a vote for someone just so another candidate has less of chance. Then there's Trump. Brash ,arrogant, and certainly has bullying persona. Has he been racist? Well from what I've seen and listened to he certainly has danced on that fence. If you think he is a racist, and he wins the election , do you think he can actually take away rights away of those he has been racist towards? I would think not. Politically speaking he seems to very different then Republicans. He doesn't bring religion into his politics. He talks about hitting big outsourcing companies with tax fines. In my opinion this is good. Something neither republicans or democrats have failed to really address. Immigration is tough point. There are immigration laws in this country but they seem to get sidetracked when enforcing them. I believe anyone has the right to be a citizen of this country. We are the melting pot. This makes us a great country but there are procedures to becoming a citizen that are disregarded. Yes Trump is over the top with his speeches. Many of his personal views are no where close to mine. I personally don't care what his personal views are. I care if he can make a change. With Hillary I don't see change. With Sanders I see some good ideas but no chance of him taking the democratic lead. With Trump I see a viscious struggle but maybe ,just maybe with Trump we may be witness to a stronger third party uprising. Green party, Libertarians? There needs to be more choices and directions. Still on the fence!
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

I'm undecided ... Last election I wrote in Ron Paul. This election I'm on the fence. I look at Hillary Clinton and have dug to find her legislative proposals , looked for her successes in foreign policies, searched for something that showed she hasn't spent the last years warming a cozy leather desk chair. I haven't found anything that that can be deemed impressive. She seemed to sit idly by as GW Bush pulled the nation into war and sent our nations debt out of control. Bush isn't the only pres to hold blame for that. On a personal note I am struggling to find a reason to support her. I will not cast a vote for someone just so another candidate has less of chance. Then there's Trump. Brash ,arrogant, and certainly has bullying persona. Has he been racist? Well from what I've seen and listened to he certainly has danced on that fence. If you think he is a racist, and he wins the election , do you think he can actually take away rights away of those he has been racist towards? I would think not. Politically speaking he seems to very different then Republicans. He doesn't bring religion into his politics. He talks about hitting big outsourcing companies with tax fines. In my opinion this is good. Something neither republicans or democrats have failed to really address. Immigration is tough point. There are immigration laws in this country but they seem to get sidetracked when enforcing them. I believe anyone has the right to be a citizen of this country. We are the melting pot. This makes us a great country but there are procedures to becoming a citizen that are disregarded. Yes Trump is over the top with his speeches. Many of his personal views are no where close to mine. I personally don't care what his personal views are. I care if he can make a change. With Hillary I don't see change. With Sanders I see some good ideas but no chance of him taking the democratic lead. With Trump I see a viscious struggle but maybe ,just maybe with Trump we may be witness to a stronger third party uprising. Green party, Libertarians? There needs to be more choices and directions. Still on the fence!

great post, honest and no blind punches thrown, thank you !

Godfather.

• Options

inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

Your discounting the minority vote Trump does not get it , women , blacks , Spanish , Muslims yes there are a bunch that can vote , gay community all will vote for Clinton
    Trump may get the majority of minority votes. I question if women are considered minorities. I know a lot of women that ,are at this point, supporting Trump. I think there's a strong chance that many minorities are voting on a partisan platform rather then actual issues. Trump has expressed some insulting comments. I'm in total agreement with that. I've searched out all these quotes and have found that many of these insulting remarks have been aimed at a particular individual rather then a group of people. That said , he has been quoted insulting groups as a whole as well. There will be minority votes cast his way when jobs become a topic. Many folks ,no matter their ethnicity, will vote with respect to their wallets.
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

inmyNC said:

mrussel1 said:

^^^

Trump may get the majority of minority votes. I question if women are considered minorities. I know a lot of women that ,are at this point, supporting Trump. I think there's a strong chance that many minorities are voting on a partisan platform rather then actual issues. Trump has expressed some insulting comments. I'm in total agreement with that. I've searched out all these quotes and have found that many of these insulting remarks have been aimed at a particular individual rather then a group of people. That said , he has been quoted insulting groups as a whole as well. There will be minority votes cast his way when jobs become a topic. Many folks ,no matter their ethnicity, will vote with respect to their wallets.
    Yeah well I live here on Long Island and I can assure you I work with many , Spanish , blacks , women , Muslims in this hospital and none that I know will be voting for Trump you can paint it any way you see fit to make you feel good about your support for Trump yeah I know you said your on the fence but your trying hard to find a reason to vote for him Romney had a better approval rating and look what happened to him Trumps approval ratings amongst minorities is abismall !!!!
This discussion has been closed.