• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

I think I may be sitting this one out.

Nothing to vote for anymore

Kinda with you on this, cincy.

Beware of being labeled "complacent".
    I'm Green Party so I'm going for Stein anyways. Plus, I'm in CA so we have many propositions and congress needs to be blue just to stop Trump and neolib Hillary.
    Exactly! There is so much to vote for besides just president. We give that ONE person too much focus and power. Government is so much more than voting for the Grand Poobah.

My comment went towards what cincy said, toward the presidential candidate(s) up at the time, given that the thread is about Trump. Of course I'll do my due diligence and tick certain boxes on other issues.

I mean, c'mon...I'm not THAT complacent :whistle:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,043
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

I think I may be sitting this one out.

Nothing to vote for anymore

Kinda with you on this, cincy.

Beware of being labeled "complacent".
    I'm Green Party so I'm going for Stein anyways. Plus, I'm in CA so we have many propositions and congress needs to be blue just to stop Trump and neolib Hillary.
    Exactly! There is so much to vote for besides just president. We give that ONE person too much focus and power. Government is so much more than voting for the Grand Poobah.

My comment went towards what cincy said, toward the presidential candidate(s) up at the time, given that the thread is about Trump. Of course I'll do my due diligence and tick certain boxes on other issues.

I mean, c'mon...I'm not THAT complacent :whistle:
    Now I see what you're saying, thanks for clarifying.

Those blasted little propositions which so often are the most important in a more direct sense for most of us are the most difficult to vote on. Drive me nuts trying to figure out what many of them really are saying and what they really intend to accomplish. :tongue:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    I fully intend to vote against every incumbent and for/against issues...but I'm probably not voting for president.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,875
    edited May 2016

I fully intend to vote against every incumbent and for/against issues...but I'm probably not voting for president.

So wait, you're voting against every incumbent regardless on where they stand and vote on specific issues? Is that a protest vote or do you live somewhere where it's deep red and you are blue, or vice versa?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Protest vote. All should go. Well if I think the other guy/lady is an asshat I will just skip that vote too. But otherwise, no incumbent. Since they won't put term limits in, I will have my own
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Protest vote. All should go. Well if I think the other guy/lady is an asshat I will just skip that vote too. But otherwise, no incumbent. Since they won't put term limits in, I will have my own

A clean sweep! There are states where I could see doing that. Thankfully, not mine, but even here we could certainly use some changes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

Let me ask.. are you a progressive or a conservative? If a progressive, are you saying you voted against Obama in 2012 as a protest vote... in Ohio?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    my photo from Seis de Mayo....

Celebrating seis de Mayo with a hummus bowl. St. Louis Children's Hospital has the best hummus. I love Egyptians!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^classic...
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    and we had pizza this evening. we love italians!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^^ haha! gimme, you are A-OK!

We're having burrito bowls tonight. We love Californios!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Let me ask.. are you a progressive or a conservative? If a progressive, are you saying you voted against Obama in 2012 as a protest vote... in Ohio?
    I've been conservative....mostly fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I don't live in ohio now, nor in 2008 when I voted for Obama or 2012 when I didn't vote for Obama.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-family-guy_us_57302fcce4b0bc9cb0473a06

Funny how they're all about free speech until it bashes their fascist messiah and whine about liberal PC crybabies yet become such PC weenies when he gets targeted.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-family-guy_us_57302fcce4b0bc9cb0473a06

Funny how they're all about free speech until it bashes their fascist messiah and whine about liberal PC crybabies yet become such PC weenies when he gets targeted.

turn about is fare play. HAHAHAAHHAHAH !

Godfather.

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    I'm getting the sense that most of the GOP stablishement us getting behind him and a lot of voters will def go his way , I see him winning the General E ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

I'm getting the sense that most of the GOP stablishement us getting behind him and a lot of voters will def go his way , I see him winning the General E ....

That has to be dripping with sarcasm.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

That has to be dripping with sarcasm.
    No , more like fear !
  • Options
    just out of curiosity, fear of what exactly ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Godfather.

Fear of hate , he's full of it unless you haven't been paying attention or you totally agree with the deportation of all illegals , the banning of all Muslims etc etc etc I'm afraid of all his followers that will think it's ok to be racist towards any group that doesn't agree with their messiah ...someone like me I don't agree with any of his rethoric I find him repulsive ....
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    is it really all that difficult being a CEO when you surround yourself with folks who will get the job done? maybe them folks are smart, really smart & or they have great work ethic. maybe being POTUS is the same as being CEO of some corporation somewhere. trump isn't stupid. say what you want about the guy, he isn't a stupid guy. dr. ben carson is in... carson isn't a fool nor a clown.
    how fucking difficult can it be?

i hope the next president never wears a suit but wears cargo shorts & a filthy tshirt fulla holes & has a beard that stinks... invite other leaders to the party & fix this world up nicely. greed is out the door, folks. fancy ass bullshit isn't getting in. let's be real for once! how fucking difficult can it be?

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    honestly he said not to let any muslims into the country until this is figured out, and deporting illegals seems very fare to me and no I'm not a racist, all one has to do is read the laws for legal entry in the United States and follow accordingly for citizenship.

in short so far I agree with his ideas.

Godfather.
  • Options
    What does Ben Carson bring to the table? He knows nothing about economics or international politics. He brings rigid social conservatism. I'm not sure how he's a plus to the campaign outside of religious conservatives.

Outside of what Jose outlines, I have a more practical concern with Trump. What he is selling to the right is completely impractical and will damage the economy or us:
    1. Tearing up the trade agreements
    2. Encouraging other countries to go nuclear
    3. Clearing the deficit in 18 months, by defaulting on the debt (fucking horrible idea...the worst)
    4. Building the wall
    5. Exiting NATO
    6. Being more like Putin/Russia

I can't think of one policy statement that he's said more than once (since he changes his mind all the time) that I can agree with.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    If it was only that simple GF. I think you know it isnt. I also think you know that he's not pandering to you specifically. It's the racist, homophobe of middle America. It's empowering the idea the white is right. That's scary.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    i don't know what carson's economics are or what his international politics are. i was just saying he is not a dumb guy

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,675

Godfather.

Fear of hate , he's full of it unless you haven't been paying attention or you totally agree with the deportation of all illegals , the banning of all Muslims etc etc etc I'm afraid of all his followers that will think it's ok to be racist towards any group that doesn't agree with their messiah ...someone like me I don't agree with any of his rethoric I find him repulsive ....
    I get the banning of Muslim issue, but why would it be wrong to deport illegal immigrants? Let me re-phrase that, why would it be an extreme position to deport illegal immigrants? I get why it could seem an impossible task with so many, but enforcing the law of the land shouldn't be seen as extreme or racist when there is a legal immigration process in place. Either we have borders or we don't. Don't pretend that the left cares either. THey want more Democrat voters...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    it probably wouldn't hurt to shut down all immigration for awhile. things need reworked, redone, ironed out & figured out. please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot please press pause & reboot

it seems life is like a nonstop nascar race X E=MC^2(9876541234567754533)7^6
    like what the fuck is going on? it isn't just america. shit has gotten out of hand all around the world. it is terrible & sad a shit
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

Godfather.

I get the banning of Muslim issue, but why would it be wrong to deport illegal immigrants? Let me re-phrase that, why would it be an extreme position to deport illegal immigrants? I get why it could seem an impossible task with so many, but enforcing the law of the land shouldn't be seen as extreme or racist when there is a legal immigration process in place. Either we have borders or we don't. Don't pretend that the left cares either. THey want more Democrat voters...
    The issue is the practicality, less the righteousness of it.
    1. There are 80k children born to illegals each year. Birthright citizenship is well established. Do you deport US citizens with their parents or create 80k orphans per year?
    2. Each 'illegal' is still entitled to a hearing/due process to prove they are citizens. Think of the cost.
    3. A new police force will need to be established to round them up, detain them and set them up for their court date. Think of the cost.

A pathway to citizenship is much more cost effective, humane, rational.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i don't know what carson's economics are or what his international politics are. i was just saying he is not a dumb guy

Fine.. Surgeon General. I'm fine with that...so long as he isn't anti-legalization.
This discussion has been closed.