Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited November 2016
    got a call from my friend Tim Cook, CEO of Apple, who advised me that he will be keeping their HQ in California — no Mexico.

Jason P 2020
  • Options
    benjs said:

Dear Liberals, Democrats, progressives and radlibs.
    Your use of the word “racist” doesn’t work anymore. We get it. You’re superior.
    You’re enlightened and we’re not. You care about diversity and President-elect Trump supporters don’t and they only listen to dog whistles.
    They have given up trying to talk you out of your presumptions, or trying to earn your approval.
    President-elect Trump supporters no longer consider it worth the while or effort to reassure you that they're not “that kind” of Republican.
    The fact is voters of President-elect Trump are not as stupid as you think and see right through your way of thinking.
    President-elect Trump has given many a voice to be heard.
    Of course, that means “expressions of racism” will increase. And every child who behaves like a bully will be blamed on Trump.
    The fact is, they just don't care about your freak-outs.
    Go ahead and caterwaul.
    You lost, and deserved it.

Weird man. You're gushing over this guy too much. You live in Canada. Is this because...

1. You are living vicariously as a victorious one toothed yokel?

2. You really enjoy agitating and realize the majority of solid people on this forum recognize the election result as a travesty?

3. You are rubbing it in the faces of our southern neighbors for their collective stupidity?

Be nicer. I agree that it's humorous, however the wounds are fresh and the people you are poking are good people- they aren't the stereotypical fat, uneducated, slack jawed yokels sporting stained white wife beaters that bought the old, "I'll make your wildest dreams come true" pitch.
    A local university radio station in Toronto had a guest psychiatrist who had been recruited into a cult earlier in his life, and after escaping spent his career understanding undue thought control. He spoke about how one of the biggest fallacies about this notion is that you have to be of low intelligence to be controlled by someone: persuasive tools like appeal to emotions, fear, confirmation bias, are all contributing factors that affect the smart and the dumb, the weak and the strong, the skeptics and the sheep. I'm sure there are weak and dumb sheep within Trump supporters, but there are also likely critical-thinking intellectuals in there.
    Oh for sure.

Obviously there is at least a couple of smart people among the toothless horde (hell... there might even be a smart toothless person that was just a victim of tooth decay).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

benjs said:

You’re enlightened and we’re not. You care about diversity and President-elect Trump supporters don’t and they only listen to dog whistles.
    They have given up trying to talk you out of your presumptions, or trying to earn your approval.
    President-elect Trump supporters no longer consider it worth the while or effort to reassure you that they're not “that kind” of Republican.
    The fact is voters of President-elect Trump are not as stupid as you think and see right through your way of thinking.
    Of course, that means “expressions of racism” will increase. And every child who behaves like a bully will be blamed on Trump.
    Go ahead and caterwaul.

Weird man. You're gushing over this guy too much. You live in Canada. Is this because...

2. You really enjoy agitating and realize the majority of solid people on this forum recognize the election result as a travesty?

3. You are rubbing it in the faces of our southern neighbors for their collective stupidity?

Be nicer. I agree that it's humorous, however the wounds are fresh and the people you are poking are good people- they aren't the stereotypical fat, uneducated, slack jawed yokels sporting stained white wife beaters that bought the old, "I'll make your wildest dreams come true" pitch.
    A local university radio station in Toronto had a guest psychiatrist who had been recruited into a cult earlier in his life, and after escaping spent his career understanding undue thought control. He spoke about how one of the biggest fallacies about this notion is that you have to be of low intelligence to be controlled by someone: persuasive tools like appeal to emotions, fear, confirmation bias, are all contributing factors that affect the smart and the dumb, the weak and the strong, the skeptics and the sheep. I'm sure there are weak and dumb sheep within Trump supporters, but there are also likely critical-thinking intellectuals in there.
    Oh for sure.

Obviously there is at least a couple of smart people among the toothless horde (hell... there might even be a smart toothless person that was just a victim of tooth decay).
    Lol... Full veneers here!
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

benjs said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Oh for sure.

lol

Thanks for playing along. I'm having too much fun with this Trump thing.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735
    benjs said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

I know some of the more reasonably minded, educated trump voters. The fear message really took hold with them. I think the anti-racism message goes nowhere with them, because even though their decision can be rooted in prejudice, the focus has to be on validating their fears. If this group can can be swayed and push back against trump, they'll carry the most weight.
  • Options
    Well that settles it.
    U.S. President-elect Donald Trump is nearing a settlement of about $20 million in fraud lawsuits relating to his Trump University series of real estate seminars, a person familiar with the matter said on Friday.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump-lawsuit-idUSKBN13D1UI

President-elect Trump is rich, smart and handsome too.
  • Options

Go ahead and caterwaul.

I can't stop laughing that the next POTUS is going to be President-elect Trump. It truly is comical and it's bizarro land in the media right now unlike reading this thread where people have accepted him. All I can picture is a portrait of Trump on the same wall as Washington, Lincoln etc. :lol:
    This is the greatest gameshow President-elect Trump has ever created and he gets to host it from his own home too!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,162

Go ahead and caterwaul.

I can't stop laughing that the next POTUS is going to be President-elect Trump. It truly is comical and it's bizarro land in the media right now unlike reading this thread where people have accepted him. All I can picture is a portrait of Trump on the same wall as Washington, Lincoln etc. :lol:
    This is the greatest gameshow President-elect Trump has ever created and he gets to host it from his own home too!
    Yeah I want to be wrong but it kind of blows my mind that he will be on the same wall as the Presidents before him. I just don't think he's worthy.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    edited November 2016

vaggar99 said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Go ahead and caterwaul.

^^oh god, do we really have go here?

dude, you are not a racist. you love Pearl Jam. How can you be? However, you might have just endorsed someone who basically manipulated millions by preying upon racial tensions and fear to get himself elected. And for that, we need to talk. You and millions have just been conned and the rest of us are left holding the bag. not good.
    Hate to break it to you but there are people on here, who claim to be Pearl Jam fans, but are definitely racist and/or homophobic, and or anti semitic, and or islamaphobes etc etc
    Oh yes indeed. There are definitely racist Pearl Jam fans. Luckily it seems to be a small minority.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JC29856 said:

Yeah... Wow, and sorry if this was already discussed, but it has already been well established that Trump is lying through his teeth about this. He had nothing to do with it. I would say it's unbelievable that the President-elect would do that, but it's not unbelievable at all, because it's Trump, and he is a filthy, rotten, sexual predator who flat out lies way more often than he tells the truth. I guess some Americans love to be lied to and bullshitted constantly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-ford-kentucky-mexico-move-not-denied-exaggerated-lied-a7424246.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/us/politics/donald-trump-takes-credit-for-helping-to-save-a-ford-plant-that-wasnt-closing.html?_r=0

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/trump-claims-to-save-auto-plant-but-it-wasnt-closing/
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Go ahead and caterwaul.

lol
  • Options
    ^^^
    I mean really. Picture future Presidents after President-elect Trump roaming the quiet hallways in the middle of the night sipping a coffee pondering the life and legacy of each president as he walks by their portrait and then BAM he comes to Trump.
    All tours of the public forever will see his portrait adourning the wall with his perfectly unkempt hair.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,103

^^^
    I mean really. Picture future Presidents after President-elect Trump roaming the quiet hallways in the middle of the night sipping a coffee pondering the life and legacy of each president as he walks by their portrait and then BAM he comes to Trump.
    All tours of the public forever will see his portrait adourning the wall with his perfectly unkempt hair.

every beautiful carpet has at least one stain.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No press conference yet from trump. It's been more than 40 years that a prez elect has gone this long without one. He does plan on spending the weekend in jersey at the golf club he owns, though. He really needs the rest and relaxation.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

No press conference yet from trump. It's been more than 40 years that a prez elect has gone this long without one. He does plan on spending the weekend in jersey at the golf club he owns, though. He really needs the rest and relaxation.

I'll be surprised if Trump lasts 2 years TBH. He's not up for the job at all.
  • Options

I don't blame him. Why would he want to be interviewed by the very press that can't even admit or accept that he will be the next POTUS.
    It will be like this on his inauguration day too - he doesn't want all the fake media fanfare.
    The citizens have voted and they want President-elect Trump to get to work immediately to make America great again.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,011
    PJ_Soul said:

Honestly, this deviation from "more of what we know and hate" in politics is re-engaging the population in a major way. Moderates are waking up and not being silent. If this continues, we could finally see a more balanced representation of America. I truly don't think we'd be seeing/hearing this level of engagement if Clinton was in office.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Honestly, this deviation from "more of what we know and hate" in politics is re-engaging the population in a major way. Moderates are waking up and not being silent. If this continues, we could finally see a more balanced representation of America. I truly don't think we'd be seeing/hearing this level of engagement if Clinton was in office.
    Exactly benjs!
    The very same moderates who were sleeping while visions of Hillarys danced in their head during election night.
    Their slumber is to blame and President-elect Trump is now their ruler.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997

Trump tweeted this morning about a Fox News/TMZ profile of himself airing tonight. The President Elect of the United States used his Twitter feed to advertise for Fox News and TMZ.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ^^^
    TMZ is very powerful and quite often get the scoop first - hence the upcoming interview.
    All of Hollywood knows to treat TMZ w/ respect.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Trump tweeted this morning about a Fox News/TMZ profile of himself airing tonight. The President Elect of the United States used his Twitter feed to advertise for Fox News and TMZ.
    Tonight on Fox: A bigoted sex offender's journey to the White House!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

JimmyV said:

could you imagine if everyone went around with the vulgarity that you guys are in referring to the President like some did calling Obama Obummer and whatnot....people would call you treasonous and anti american when people did this to Obama, but now its ok

guy has never been convicted of any sex offenses even tho he has made some disgusting remarks

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

JimmyV said:

could you imagine if everyone went around with the vulgarity that you guys are in referring to the President like some did calling Obama Obummer and whatnot....people would call you treasonous and anti american when people did this to Obama, but now its ok

guy has never been convicted of any sex offenses even tho he has made some disgusting remarks

My labels of trump are based in fact. He admitted to sexually assaulting others. I'm not going to make the guy into something's he's not. He's given us plenty of information about who he is.
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

JimmyV said:

Wait, people didn't make statements like that with President Obama? I guess the whole fucking internet for almost ten years did not get the same message you did.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

One could laugh about this, but I find it incredibly disturbing.
  • Options

I don't blame him. Why would he want to be interviewed by the very press that can't even admit or accept that he will be the next POTUS.
    It will be like this on his inauguration day too - he doesn't want all the fake media fanfare.
    The citizens have voted and they want President-elect Trump to get to work immediately to make America great again.
    What are you talking about? Which news agency hasn't admitted that trump won?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    pjalive21 said:

JimmyV said:

Don't really need to use your imagination, just your memory
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

One could laugh about this, but I find it incredibly disturbing.
    Right there with you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,103
    pjalive21 said:

JimmyV said:

so if someone admits to doing something, they are in the free and clear unless there is legal prosecution and conviction against them?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

benjs said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Oh for sure.

lol

Thanks for playing along. I'm having too much fun with this Trump thing.
    Same here...nothing changes except the excuses.
This discussion has been closed.