Options

Trump

Comments

• Options

Trump is interviewing South Carolina governor Nikki Haley for a potential Secretary of state job. This transition team has lost its marbles.

I would take her over Giuliani though.

I did see a video of Haley at the GOP convention where the reporter asked if she was ready to endorse Trump....she said "It's great being here in Cleveland"
    I do think she'd be a better choice than Gulliani. I just cant believe those are the only 2 people that they see as qualified for the job. Haley has no backbone. And Rudy has just turned into a complete nutcase.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Trump is interviewing South Carolina governor Nikki Haley for a potential Secretary of state job. This transition team has lost its marbles.

I did see a video of Haley at the GOP convention where the reporter asked if she was ready to endorse Trump....she said "It's great being here in Cleveland"
    I do think she'd be a better choice than Gulliani. I just cant believe those are the only 2 people that they see as qualified for the job. Haley has no backbone. And Rudy has just turned into a complete nutcase.
    As I said upthread, DC can have her.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

Yea, but she's done as governor in 2 years. I can handle 2 more years of her if it means she won't hold such a high position in trumps cabinet.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    Giving Trump a chance does not preclude us from taking notice of the things he is doing as he is doing them. Refusing to put his business holdings in a blind trust, speaking to world leaders on unsecured lines and with no notes of any kind, ditching the press pool to go out to dinner, looking to acquire security clearances for his kids, Bannon, etc. Let's not pretend we should be reassured by any of this.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Apple iPhones soon to say "made in America again"

Hahaha, yeah right.
    8 years ago I was one of those that wanted to see this happen. while i still think, it would be nice. its really not the way to go at this point. iphones are mostly assembled by hand (last i heard). american's really don't do that type of work anymore. our economy has shifted towards one where the American laborer now is more like an operator/maintainer of a sophisticated machine that makes stuff. and that's where we will continue to grow the manufacturing sector.
    Yes, well there is pretty much a huge army of Chinese workers who make these phones, and they aren't well-paid and their hours are long. The factories in which they work, that have as many as 50,000+ workers in just one facility, are notoriously secretive, probably to hide workers' rights abuses. There is no way all that is moving back to America, where people get shorter hours and better pay (rightly so). Not a chance in hell. I don't think the American workforce would even be able to handle the workload even if consumers were interested in yet more expensive iPhones and even if Apple were interested in lower profits, which, of course, they are not.
    Trump is such an idiot, talking about bring jobs like that back to America... I mean an idiot because it's stupid to tell such a huge lie on international television over and over and over again. I don't think for a second he believed his own lies obviously. He loves shipping jobs overseas - he's proven that. He doesn't care about anything besides making money and getting attention.
    i suppose Apple could make machines that do the work that these Chinese laborers do. If the Entitled Sexual Predator is smart, he will probably try to force this move by Apple. Apple has been manufacturing the ultra high Mac Pro in the US for the last few years. These machines start at $3000 and usually end up closer to $5000. They are probably produced on the scale of a few hundred a day. Apple would be wise to come out ahead of Trump on this though
    If building machines to do the work of the people were cheaper or more efficient, wouldn't Apple have done it already, in China? It's not like China is anti-automation. I assume they are doing what's most efficient and cost-effective overall now.
    How could Trump possibly force such a thing as that? What laws would he be able to invoke to force Apple to move its manufacturing to the US? I mean, the only thing I can think of is that he'd try to offer tax incentives or other kinds of monetary incentives and perhaps logistical incentives ... but has Trump ever suggested doing that? All I ever heard was him babbling about jobs going overseas and how it's bad for American, with absolutely no statements of substance.
    Good point and I do believe they've probably automated the process as much as possible. My guess is that to assemble items that adhere to such close tolerances, the best way might still be by hand.

ESP could force this and probably will. He could easily launch another campaign that smears these Silicon Valley snobs and makes them look like rich elitists that victimize Chinese laborers for their own profit. And really, yeah, they are kind of that. But we are all are. This did not start with Apple. We all love our cheap high quality Chinese products. Nike has been making shoes there forever. They were criticized heavily back in the early 90's for the same. Guess what? everyone sort of got it and we moved on.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^all fueled by the kumbaya tone of the media after every election. The Entitled Sexual Predator and his disciples never remember when the media helps them

ummm what kumbaya tone? its been all negative since he became president elect

From where I stand, they've normalized a lot of this. I realize they have to be professional, but this crap like having Bannon in the white house is completely bonkers.
    yes, you got people like Dave Chapelle and Oprah even who are afraid to call this guy what he is.
    Or they just don't think he is what you think he is.
    i don't know what they think. i do know they have a vested interest in not being overly controversial. Especially Opera. Dave has never been an overly political guy, but my guess is that he's not thrilled about this situation.
    No need to guess, he basically spilled his guts out about it on Saturday Night Live.
    sort of. He still said he's willing to give the ESP a chance. Perhaps a fashionable thing to say, but not a good answer when you consider the type of campaign ESP ran
    Agreed. I feel like it's a real cop out. But it makes people feel more comfortable I think, which is what the majority of people feel they need, above all else. I find that some people will absolutely delude themselves in the name of feeling more comfortable and to avoid conflict. It drives me crazy, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Yea, but she's done as governor in 2 years. I can handle 2 more years of her if it means she won't hold such a high position in trumps cabinet.
    No way she gets it. I think it just looks good for him to 'interview' a woman.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    JimmyV said:

Giving Trump a chance does not preclude us from taking notice of the things he is doing as he is doing them. Refusing to put his business holdings in a blind trust, speaking to world leaders on unsecured lines and with no notes of any kind, ditching the press pool to go out to dinner, looking to acquire security clearances for his kids, Bannon, etc. Let's not pretend we should be reassured by any of this.

Exactly , I hope the media never lets up on the Bannon pick !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow....potential for Romney as Sec of State. Maybe Trump isn't holding as many grudges as we thought.

Of course he could just be dangling it in front of Romney to humiliate him but the meeting is supposedly scheduled.

Hope he's dusting off his most special pair of magic underwear for that meeting. He's going to need them.
    The tolerant left.
    That's actually a joke based on a LDS belief.
    Oh I get the joke. I get that PJSoul is making fun of mormons.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

JimmyV said:

they will and this will all be normalized unless we all take action. do not stay silent. the media are cowards. they are and will continue to normalize this. it happened exactly like this 16 years ago. an entitled daddy's boy takes the White House. he realizes he can push buttons and make bombs go off. he get's happy. the world goes to shit. someone has to come in and fix it. let's hope there is something left to fix this time.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    The "wait and see" stuff is also making me uneasy. People are applying that to the current conditions, and I'm seeing things that aren't good. If there's a domestic terrorist act, add all this to a high level of public fear, and the masses that are okay with this now won't want to back out of that thinking. The "law and order" president won't take kindly to being wuestioned and his followers won't either. That's what went down in the lead ip to the Iraq war.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited November 2016
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow....potential for Romney as Sec of State. Maybe Trump isn't holding as many grudges as we thought.

Of course he could just be dangling it in front of Romney to humiliate him but the meeting is supposedly scheduled.

Hope he's dusting off his most special pair of magic underwear for that meeting. He's going to need them.
    The tolerant left.
    That's actually a joke based on a LDS belief.
    Oh I get the joke. I get that PJSoul is making fun of mormons.
    You betcha! I hold no respect for any organized religion, and love to make fun of them all! The more fanatic they are, the more I love making fun of them (I mean, they just provide so much fucking material, right?). :plus_one: And religious politicians in America, where the separation of Church and State holds no meaning? Well, that sure seems like something to disparage! I will never stop. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    edited November 2016
    Hahaha ha now you'll notice that all the Bafoon's foes from campaign are coming to him for jobs Romney & Cruz all coming to the tower to bow down ! Not Romney from campaign per say but still outspoken against him ..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

JimmyV said:

they will and this will all be normalized unless we all take action. do not stay silent. the media are cowards. they are and will continue to normalize this. it happened exactly like this 16 years ago. an entitled daddy's boy takes the White House. he realizes he can push buttons and make bombs go off. he get's happy. the world goes to shit. someone has to come in and fix it. let's hope there is something left to fix this time.
    It also happened during the initial election of Keith Ellison. We must stay vigiliant and can't allow his continued normalization as he runs to be head of the DNC.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

JimmyV said:

It also happened during the initial election of Keith Ellison. We must stay vigiliant and can't allow his continued normalization as he runs to be head of the DNC.
    I'm curious if you have an internal gauge set where you'll know if/when trump takes it too far?
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

JimmyV said:

I'm curious if you have an internal gauge set where you'll know if/when trump takes it too far?
    Absolutely
  • Options

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

JimmyV said:

President-elect Trump will be taking it too far if he says he is racist.
  • Options

unsung said:

That's not my mission. That's preaching to the choir.

I'm trying to guide everyone to rid themselves of government and stop worshipping it. Live your lives free. My work here is to help leftists find freedom, as there is not much demand here to show neocons the light of personal liberty.

Who sent you?
    Who is who?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,121

BS44325 said:

vaggar99 said:

JimmyV said:

President-elect Trump will be taking it too far if he says he is racist.
    how many racist people say they are racist???

that's right, ZERO.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dear Liberals, Democrats, progressives and radlibs.
    Your use of the word “racist” doesn’t work anymore. We get it. You’re superior.
    You’re enlightened and we’re not. You care about diversity and President-elect Trump supporters don’t and they only listen to dog whistles.
    They have given up trying to talk you out of your presumptions, or trying to earn your approval.
    President-elect Trump supporters no longer consider it worth the while or effort to reassure you that they're not “that kind” of Republican.
    The fact is voters of President-elect Trump are not as stupid as you think and see right through your way of thinking.
    President-elect Trump has given many a voice to be heard.
    Of course, that means “expressions of racism” will increase. And every child who behaves like a bully will be blamed on Trump.
    The fact is, they just don't care about your freak-outs.
    Go ahead and caterwaul.
    You lost, and deserved it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

You’re enlightened and we’re not. You care about diversity and President-elect Trump supporters don’t and they only listen to dog whistles.
    They have given up trying to talk you out of your presumptions, or trying to earn your approval.
    President-elect Trump supporters no longer consider it worth the while or effort to reassure you that they're not “that kind” of Republican.
    The fact is voters of President-elect Trump are not as stupid as you think and see right through your way of thinking.
    Of course, that means “expressions of racism” will increase. And every child who behaves like a bully will be blamed on Trump.
    Go ahead and caterwaul.

Go ahead and caterwaul.

^^oh god, do we really have go here?

dude, you are not a racist. you love Pearl Jam. How can you be? However, you might have just endorsed someone who basically manipulated millions by preying upon racial tensions and fear to get himself elected. And for that, we need to talk. You and millions have just been conned and the rest of us are left holding the bag. not good.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,593
    vaggar99 said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Go ahead and caterwaul.

dude, you are not a racist. you love Pearl Jam. How can you be? However, you might have just endorsed someone who basically manipulated millions by preying upon racial tensions and fear to get himself elected. And for that, we need to talk. You and millions have just been conned and the rest of us are left holding the bag. not good.
    Hate to break it to you but there are people on here, who claim to be Pearl Jam fans, but are definitely racist and/or homophobic, and or anti semitic, and or islamaphobes etc etc
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,121
    vaggar99 said:

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Go ahead and caterwaul.

he earlier called trump his jesus christ. this is all you need to know.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Go ahead and caterwaul.

A lecturing Canadian? What happened to your manners?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^
    My downfall is that I forget sometimes that I am in an American forum.
    I apologize.
  • Options

Go ahead and caterwaul.

A lecturing Canadian? What happened to your manners?
    You forgot alt-lefties. And snowflakes. And safespacers. And playdoers and Legoites. Oh, and exammissers. I thought you Canucks were inclusive?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Even Japan likes President-elect Trump.
    Describing his conversation as "candid" and held in a "warm atmosphere", Abe said: "Alliances cannot function without trust. I am now confident that President-elect Trump is a trustworthy leader."
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/11/japan-shinzo-ab-holds-talks-donald-trump-161118043321961.html
    Man I wish someone could givemethetruth to counter this press article.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
  • Options

Go ahead and caterwaul.

Pl3ase cite the link you copied and pasted that from.
This discussion has been closed.