Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,739
    pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^all fueled by the kumbaya tone of the media after every election. The Entitled Sexual Predator and his disciples never remember when the media helps them

ummm what kumbaya tone? its been all negative since he became president elect

From where I stand, they've normalized a lot of this. I realize they have to be professional, but this crap like having Bannon in the white house is completely bonkers.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    vaggar99 said:

Now is the time for both the Democrats and Republicans (in Congress, not the voters) to come together and figure out a way to eliminate this severely damaged human from office.

It's going to be interesting.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump dodging the press was him making a statement. Unfortunately it reflects what he thinks about an important check and balance in the system and that he doesn't want those checks and balances. The president lets the press know where they are at all times. This is essential to being in a democracy. Please no one buy into his ongoing attempts to demonize the press. It's step one for an authoritarian. The CNN people last night were visibly irritated with this when they reported on it.

Yes! The press must be allowed to watch the president-elect eat dinner!
    Yuk it up all you want. He needs to be available to the pool of press that follow him around all the time, not lie to them and dodge them. We need to know what's happening, and he also needs to have some level of accountability. Do you get that he works for us now? Stop minimizing these things. This action, combined with his past statements about the media and the press is another red flag.
    He doesn't "need" to do anything. Obama and Hillary barely made themselves available to the press and nobody seemed to care. Trump was the most available candidate from the minute he started running and while it would be nice for him to continue that availability he actually doesn't owe anybody anything. This election is over and the voter can decide in 2020 whether his availability or lack thereof is or is not acceptable. For people to huff and puff though about not having access to a man who wanted to have dinner with his family is the peak of sillyness. The media has an actual President to still follow around...there will be plenty of time to follow the next one.
    Obama ran on transparency, but hasn't really fulfilled the promise. Hell, in 2013 he banned all media/press photographers at his events, so all of the images (video and still) are from the official Whitehouse photographer. We only get to see what they want us to see through the official lens.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited November 2016

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Has anyone else noticed that since his win in general the news headlines, coverage and articles about President-elect Trump have been very coarse?
    It seems like the press does not want to write about him at all but are bound to.
    The press is not giving a very celebratory feeling of the next POTUS.
    I truly believe this is 100% opposite coverage from Obamas win and if Hillary would've won.

Yes, it all makes perfect sense... Everyone is aware of how totally fucked up this is, including journalists. Anyone who expects Trump to get the same treatment as past presidents is living in a fantasy world.
    Is there not a scripted chain of events that happen when a POTUS is elected? (Americans help out here)
    Like parades or news interviews or just plain celebrations all covered by the press like past presidents.
    It perhaps indicates that President-elect Trump was right about some media. They can be led.
    Parades and celebrations?? No. Not until inauguration day. When did you ever see that done in the past when a US election was over?
    News interviews yes, and those are happening, although now it appears that Trump is literally running from the media. He is apparently getting all tricksie in order to avoid being caught on camera, lol. So he's acting like a celebrity instead of like a president elect, which also makes sense, since I think he can only conceive of any of this in that kind of celebrity context. The weight of his responsibilities are not at all sinking in. It's pathetic.
    Another hallmark of ENTITLEMENT.
    Are you intentionally baiting PJ_Soul?
    That poster actually believes what they just said.
    You can't possibly believe that.
    I actually assumed he was talking about Trump having that sense of entitlement. :confused: What's happening here? How would that comment be baiting me?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^all fueled by the kumbaya tone of the media after every election. The Entitled Sexual Predator and his disciples never remember when the media helps them

From where I stand, they've normalized a lot of this. I realize they have to be professional, but this crap like having Bannon in the white house is completely bonkers.
    yes, you got people like Dave Chapelle and Oprah even who are afraid to call this guy what he is.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

yes, you got people like Dave Chapelle and Oprah even who are afraid to call this guy what he is.
    Yeah, it's disgusting. Especially Oprah. Honestly, she seems to quite like Trump. I think she just loves rich, famous people.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,121
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

Yeah, it's disgusting. Especially Oprah. Honestly, she seems to quite like Trump. I think she just loves rich, famous people.
    Oprah 2020: "I pledge to leave a brand new car under each and every person's chair!"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Apple iPhones soon to say "made in America again"
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Hahaha, yeah right.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/0BSrJv0IpHY

Anything you don't like about those words??
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    JC29856 said:

Why don't you put up the link when he was looking for schools for his daughters and then tell us what you think !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

JC29856 said:

Why don't you put up the link when he was looking for schools for his daughters and then tell us what you think !
    You wearing your safety pin?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    What's interesting in Trumpworld is that you can create an unrealistic fantasy, and people will believe in it.
  • Options

JC29856 said:
    What's interesting in Trumpworld is that you can create an unrealistic fantasy, and people will believe in it.
    Not sure if you read the guys opinion piece but without even reading it, what effect on new jobs would a $250B America's infrastructure program have?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes I always have it on , now put up the link where dirtbag Bannon is looking for schools for his daughters!
  • Options

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Yes I always have it on , now put up the link where dirtbag Bannon is looking for schools for his daughters!
    I never meant to cause you any sorrow
    I never meant to cause you any pain
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Hahaha, yeah right.
    8 years ago I was one of those that wanted to see this happen. while i still think, it would be nice. its really not the way to go at this point. iphones are mostly assembled by hand (last i heard). american's really don't do that type of work anymore. our economy has shifted towards one where the American laborer now is more like an operator/maintainer of a sophisticated machine that makes stuff. and that's where we will continue to grow the manufacturing sector.
  • Options
    you bring those industries back to north america and:

-either they'd be so incredibly expensive as labour costs would soar, so no one would buy them, or
    -you'd have to get rid of the minimum wage, effectively making slave labour legal in the US again.

this is something you simply cannot reverse.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

I never meant to cause you any sorrow
    I never meant to cause you any pain
    Bannon hates Jews , Pence hates gays Bafoon hates everyone in between ..
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:
    Not sure if you read the guys opinion piece but without even reading it, what effect on new jobs would a $250B America's infrastructure program have?
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:
    I read it. I'm all for infrastructure spending. Too bad his fellow republicans aren't, and where will the budget be cut to fit this in? Oh wait, deficit spending is now a good thing. Forgot.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

what does this mean?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

-either they'd be so incredibly expensive as labour costs would soar, so no one would buy them, or
    -you'd have to get rid of the minimum wage, effectively making slave labour legal in the US again.

Is it the phones hardware or firmware that's expensive?
    I do too think it's irreversible at this point, but the promise of slave labor and more corporate welfare could be enticing.
    Besides maybe hot dogs and pizza, what more do corporatists love than cheap labor and handouts?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Hahaha, yeah right.
    8 years ago I was one of those that wanted to see this happen. while i still think, it would be nice. its really not the way to go at this point. iphones are mostly assembled by hand (last i heard). american's really don't do that type of work anymore. our economy has shifted towards one where the American laborer now is more like an operator/maintainer of a sophisticated machine that makes stuff. and that's where we will continue to grow the manufacturing sector.
    Yes, well there is pretty much a huge army of Chinese workers who make these phones, and they aren't well-paid and their hours are long. The factories in which they work, that have as many as 50,000+ workers in just one facility, are notoriously secretive, probably to hide workers' rights abuses. There is no way all that is moving back to America, where people get shorter hours and better pay (rightly so). Not a chance in hell. I don't think the American workforce would even be able to handle the workload even if consumers were interested in yet more expensive iPhones and even if Apple were interested in lower profits, which, of course, they are not.
    Trump is such an idiot, talking about bring jobs like that back to America... I mean an idiot because it's stupid to tell such a huge lie on international television over and over and over again. I don't think for a second he believed his own lies obviously. He loves shipping jobs overseas - he's proven that. He doesn't care about anything besides making money and getting attention.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Is it the phones hardware or firmware that's expensive?
    I do too think it's irreversible at this point, but the promise of slave labor and more corporate welfare could be enticing.
    Besides maybe hot dogs and pizza, what more do corporatists love than cheap labor and handouts?
    I don't think either is. software needs to be developed and then tested, but once that's done, it's all just replication. and nowadays most of these things don't have remarkably new technologies, but just offshoots of what they've already accomplished. "what, the new iPhone has a 53 megapixel camera??? my old one has only 51!!!! sure I'll drop $700 for something I bought basically the same thing 6 months ago".

But I think the markup on these products is so incredibly insane, no company is going to take an 85% (just throwing out a number) hit on their profits if they have to start paying fair wages.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Hahaha, yeah right.
    Yes, well there is pretty much a huge army of Chinese workers who make these phones, and they aren't well-paid and their hours are long. The factories in which they work, that have as many as 50,000+ workers in just one facility, are notoriously secretive, probably to hide workers' rights abuses. There is no way all that is moving back to America, where people get shorter hours and better pay (rightly so). Not a chance in hell. I don't think the American workforce would even be able to handle the workload even if consumers were interested in yet more expensive iPhones and even if Apple were interested in lower profits, which, of course, they are not.
    Trump is such an idiot, talking about bring jobs like that back to America... I mean an idiot because it's stupid to tell such a huge lie on international television over and over and over again. I don't think for a second he believed his own lies obviously. He loves shipping jobs overseas - he's proven that. He doesn't care about anything besides making money and getting attention.
    Agree with most except that offering/proposing a plan to keep jobs here and bring some back isn't a huge lie.
    Huge lies are like why we're at never ending wars for 13 years and counting.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

pjalive21 said:

vaggar99 said:

ahem....jimmy fallon.....ahem.....remember that?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

Hahaha, yeah right.
    Agree with most except that offering/proposing a plan to keep jobs here and bring some back isn't a huge lie.
    Huge lies are like why we're at never ending wars for 13 years and counting.
    I guess the size of a lie is subjective, lol. I personally think that ranting about how awful it is to have shipped jobs overseas and claim that he's going to somehow fix that, while he himself participates in having these jobs shipped overseas and knows perfectly well that they aren't coming back is a fairly big lie. As big as the WMD lie? Well, yeah, it's just that the consequences of one lie was much worse. But there's no need to qualify these things, is there?? The fucker can barely keep himself from lying/making shit up out of thin air. It's kind of a problem that demands repeated mention.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

what does this mean?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    jeffbr said:

JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

what does this mean?
    Why the asterisks attached to LGBQ and Trans?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.