Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Liberals should distance themselves from these pointless protests that disrupt regular lives, as quickly as possible. They damage their causes, whatever they are, irreparably.
    It ain't 1968 and they aren't getting drafted to go die in a jungle. There are more effective routes.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,682
    mrussel1 said:

Liberals should distance themselves from these pointless protests that disrupt regular lives, as quickly as possible. They damage their causes, whatever they are, irreparably.
    It ain't 1968 and they aren't getting drafted to go die in a jungle. There are more effective routes.

What liberals? The American middle to upper class liberals trying to play it safe and keep the status quo? And their cause is to keep that going? I don't think so. That's going away. It's going to get harder and people are going to have to share more, work cooperatively or have the biggest bazooka on the block. We know what the latter gets us, so if we stop pretending we have all this stuff to preserve and work to keep it together for more of those around us, then maybe you'll have a cause you can hang your Stetson, bowler or camo skull cap on.

Or I suppose you could continue to play it safe. But to what end?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    ^^To what end?? They are protesting Trump, right? Well everyone knows that Trump stands for at this point so what are they trying to accomplish? The only thing they are doing is creating the chance that someone on the edge, voting wise, or not politically knowledgeable, now becomes disgusted by the protesters because the protesters have negatively affected THEIR lives.

The protesters would be better served by ensuring their friends and neighbors are registered to vote, ensuring they understand the issues, and that they have a way to get to the polling stations on election day. You know... something useful that actually makes a positive difference.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    muskydan said:

If this is what Hilary calls an attack she is going to get demolished come the debate.
    Snapchat? Really? http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/29/

If Trump did this to her he would be that word everyone likes to call him, what was that again? oh yeah, a misogynist.
    Double standard all the time.

DOUBLE STANDARD ALL THE TIME IS RIGHT……..

So here is a tale from the the Protest Line today at the Wet and cold NFL Drafttown Celebration in Chicago. The ever entertaining BLM element (but they were calling themselves something else,something Muthas keeper ) decided to block Lake Shore Drive in front of the NFL draft. Well the females of this fun group decided to dress up identically as Beyonce in the outfit she wore during the Super bowl…mind you it was 42 windy and raining sideways all day here today ….anyhow, they chained themselves together and blocked traffic for miles in both directions on Lake Shore Drive. If you are not Familiar w/ LSD its the only way to avoid the loop on the East and w/ the NFL draft taking up almost half the loop lakefront so traffic was jacked up for hours due to these oxygen thieves. You should have seen how pissed off people stuck in traffic were, getting out of their cars wanting to knock some sense into these assholes….. So here is my favorite part, due to the pussification of American and definitely the CPD these "PEACEFUL PROTESTERS" don't ever get locked up anymore. Well things were a bit different today. After about a half hour of waiting to see what downtown wanted the police to do the word came down to lock em up. So the bike cops who were protecting these knuckleheads w/ their bikes blocking traffic in one of the smoothest moves i have ever seen turned around and surrounded these oppressed "young people". Then the Paddy wagon and swat teams appeared out of nowhere w/ chain cutters. Once these geniuses saw all this serious Police activity going on they all started to run in all directions….Did I mention that these dummies were all chained together???? They all fell violently on the wet cold pavement to the laughter of all the police/fire and pissed off citizens. And the best part was they keep on getting up and trying to run and of course falling flat on their face or on top of another protester. It was seriously like a laurel and hardy skit. I have seen a lot of funny shit in my day, but boy was that some good stuff. It got so ridiculous that 2 of these protesters started fighting each other….. Anyhow, i doubt they will spend the night in jail cause the big bad police can't keep them from the wonderful Mayday activities that are planned throughout the city tomorrow. The big one will be in Front of Trump Tower in the afternoon so if you are in the area and want to protest THE DON come on down and join these "Peaceful Protesters". Or come on out and have a few laughs….its Gold Jerry…GOLD!!!!!

Is this fuckin guy serious?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

muskydan said:

If this is what Hilary calls an attack she is going to get demolished come the debate.

If Trump did this to her he would be that word everyone likes to call him, what was that again? oh yeah, a misogynist.

So here is a tale from the the Protest Line today at the Wet and cold NFL Drafttown Celebration in Chicago. The ever entertaining BLM element (but they were calling themselves something else,something Muthas keeper ) decided to block Lake Shore Drive in front of the NFL draft. Well the females of this fun group decided to dress up identically as Beyonce in the outfit she wore during the Super bowl…mind you it was 42 windy and raining sideways all day here today ….anyhow, they chained themselves together and blocked traffic for miles in both directions on Lake Shore Drive. If you are not Familiar w/ LSD its the only way to avoid the loop on the East and w/ the NFL draft taking up almost half the loop lakefront so traffic was jacked up for hours due to these oxygen thieves. You should have seen how pissed off people stuck in traffic were, getting out of their cars wanting to knock some sense into these assholes….. So here is my favorite part, due to the pussification of American and definitely the CPD these "PEACEFUL PROTESTERS" don't ever get locked up anymore. Well things were a bit different today. After about a half hour of waiting to see what downtown wanted the police to do the word came down to lock em up. So the bike cops who were protecting these knuckleheads w/ their bikes blocking traffic in one of the smoothest moves i have ever seen turned around and surrounded these oppressed "young people". Then the Paddy wagon and swat teams appeared out of nowhere w/ chain cutters. Once these geniuses saw all this serious Police activity going on they all started to run in all directions….Did I mention that these dummies were all chained together???? They all fell violently on the wet cold pavement to the laughter of all the police/fire and pissed off citizens. And the best part was they keep on getting up and trying to run and of course falling flat on their face or on top of another protester. It was seriously like a laurel and hardy skit. I have seen a lot of funny shit in my day, but boy was that some good stuff. It got so ridiculous that 2 of these protesters started fighting each other….. Anyhow, i doubt they will spend the night in jail cause the big bad police can't keep them from the wonderful Mayday activities that are planned throughout the city tomorrow. The big one will be in Front of Trump Tower in the afternoon so if you are in the area and want to protest THE DON come on down and join these "Peaceful Protesters". Or come on out and have a few laughs….its Gold Jerry…GOLD!!!!!

Yessir, Chicago PD's finest!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I haven't watched any news for weeks. I had CNN on a little bit ago and they were talking about the cyber Trump trolls who have been attacking reporters online.....just a glimpse of what a Trump nation would be I suppose. Anyway, they went on to say that Trump's wife doesn't really speak or say anything...which I find it very hard to accept that a "possible first lady" could get away with that on the campaign trail. All the other candidates' spouses have had to speak publicly by now I'm sure--I know Sander's and Clinton's have...they took this election seriously and are in it to win it. So it seems strange to me that a good businessman like Trump would keep his wife completely out of it...except for pretty pictures of course....seems pretty arrogant to me to assume you can win and not have your wife involved. But of course they won't win so there really is no issue.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

Yessir, Chicago PD's finest!
    Pffft. So he says.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

It sickens me to see how many Americans have revealed their true colors. I lost an incredible amount of respect for Bobby Knight when he supported trump last week. This guy won't win the general election. But he will divide this country even more so than it is now.

Is Trump the one that divided it though or was it already divided?

Obama and company made the police an enemy but Trump is the bad guy.
    Oh yea I forgot, it's Obamas fault.
    Yet it's never republican congress' fault and this is from those who blame democratic congress for Dubya. Makes you wonder.

Congress is awful no matter what party in the past decade though.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2016
    For you America folk here is a nice snippet of reactions from all three of our Canadian political parties about Trump. Sorry if the remarks in the video are harsh. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/news/canadas-politicians-react-to-donald-trump/vi-AAgaZ7s
    In order of the video
    Our Prime Minister, - Liberal
    Rona Ambrose - Conservative
    Mulcair - NDP (New Democrat Party)

I'm sure this has been posted, I didn't read through this entire thread. But I find it to be hilarious

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sCyzdD0vYOw
    Trump just picked up a major endorsement...
    The Grand Wizard of the KKK

:anguished:
    They're not racist though...
    Just realists.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

It sickens me to see how many Americans have revealed their true colors. I lost an incredible amount of respect for Bobby Knight when he supported trump last week. This guy won't win the general election. But he will divide this country even more so than it is now.

HA! It took Bobby Knight supporting Trump to lose respect? That is EXACTLY who Bobby Knight would support.

The only thing separating the two is that Trump doesn't have any physical evidence of choking his staff members or chucking a goddamn chair across a stage (yet).
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,682
    Jason P said:

HA! It took Bobby Knight supporting Trump to lose respect? That is EXACTLY who Bobby Knight would support.

The only thing separating the two is that Trump doesn't have any physical evidence of choking his staff members or chucking a goddamn chair across a stage (yet).
    http://thebiglead.com/2016/05/02/donald-trump-misspells-bobby-knights-name-still-thinks-hes-amazing/
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Usually I don't think endorsements mean squat, but in the case of Knight, he is still quite revered in Indiana and carries sway.
    Jason P said:

Usually I don't think endorsements mean squat, but in the case of Knight, he is still quite revered in Indiana and carries sway.

That is very very sad. A man known for childish behavior and lack of control is revered and holds sway because he won lots of silly sports games.
    Our society is just sad, sad, sad.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,530
    Jason P said:

He's revered among old white people....that's about it

There was quite a bit of discussion about how stupid his comments were when he was endorsing Trump. Truman saved "billions" of lives by dropping atom bombs on Japan.....stupid
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

That is very very sad. A man known for childish behavior and lack of control is revered and holds sway because he won lots of silly sports games.
    Our society is just sad, sad, sad.
    So that means John McEnroe and Lou Pinella are gonna throw their hat in for Trump, right?
    Jason P said:

I respected the way knight ran his programs. He didn't cheat and his players graduated. And yes, as a born hoosier, Bobby Knight does carry some relevance.
  • ^^^
    Sports shit has no relevance in the real world.
    Kind of like politics.
    Trump has had enough and calls a spade a spade.

^^^
    Kind of like politics.

Sports does have relevance. Very odd comment.
  • ^^^
    Kind of like politics.

Right now in the real world Trump is relevant.
    Sports is a distraction, a diversion if you will.
    Sports will go on,
    Will Trump?

^^^
    Kind of like politics.

Right now in the real world Trump is relevant.
    Sports is a distraction, a diversion if you will.
    Sports will go on,
    Will Trump?
    Not as president.
    Btw, trump is less relevant than you think. Wait until November when Hilary crushes him
  • Btw, trump is less relevant than you think. Wait until November when Hilary crushes him

That may very well be the case.
    Having said that,
    I would rather watch the debate between them than sports teams.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Btw, trump is less relevant than you think. Wait until November when Hilary crushes him

Is this guy for Real???? I am buying stock Tomorow in Kleenex...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,958
    muskydan said:

Trump's been behind Clinton by a large margin the whole time. An even larger margin to Sanders. Maybe HIllary feels the Bern and picks him for a running mate. Trump's even more toast at that point.
    muskydan said:

I know it's hard for most trump thumpers to realize that a woman IS going to beat him. But look at the numbers. It's rigjt in front of your face. Show me 1 poll that has trump beating Clinton or sanders in the general that isn't from breibart. You're going to need those kleenex when trump us tucking his tail in November demanding a recount for the 25 point defeat.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

I know it's hard for most trump thumpers to realize that a woman IS going to beat him. But look at the numbers. It's rigjt in front of your face. Show me 1 poll that has trump beating Clinton or sanders in the general that isn't from breibart. You're going to need those kleenex when trump us tucking his tail in November demanding a recount for the 25 point defeat.
    Pay attention dude, I never said I was a Trump thumper ever. I just hate the Hildabeast and can't wait till The Don makes that beast Cry like a little girl during a debate. She is going to Win cause King Obummer says so.
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

Pay attention dude, I never said I was a Trump thumper ever. I just hate the Hildabeast and can't wait till The Don makes that beast Cry like a little girl during a debate. She is going to Win cause King Obummer says so.
    Lol. Cause king obummer said so? So "obummer" gets to pick his successor? That's how it works?
This discussion has been closed.