Trump

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hedo, please don't take this personally, but we have been through the blocking traffic complaint here before and it sounds like the musings of a selectively enraged curmudgeon.

If a person chooses to live in a mega city, (LA and Chicago are the 2 usually being talked about) traffic delays are part and parcel of that wacky life.
    Nobody comes screaming when some silly gladitorial circus blocks the streets for hours, Muskydan applauds it and forgoes the enforcement of the law for them, but let some young people who have passionate feelings about the future of our country perform the same action and suddenly they are a bunch of idiots and it is reprehensible??? That's ignorant.
    The fat, drunk, and pathetic sports fans get a pass, but the people trying to change the world for the better get slandered?
    It's bullshit.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    gambo, I don't think the idiots who smashed out a police car and tried to overturn it (why target the police if they're there "rallying" against Trump?) were working for positive change. Those are the assholes I have a problem with...and B, I don't need to know their story. Their actions spoke to that.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    edited April 2016
    rgambs said:

Hedo, please don't take this personally, but we have been through the blocking traffic complaint here before and it sounds like the musings of a selectively enraged curmudgeon.

If a person chooses to live in a mega city, (LA and Chicago are the 2 usually being talked about) traffic delays are part and parcel of that wacky life.
    Nobody comes screaming when some silly gladitorial circus blocks the streets for hours, Muskydan applauds it and forgoes the enforcement of the law for them, but let some young people who have passionate feelings about the future of our country perform the same action and suddenly they are a bunch of idiots and it is reprehensible??? That's ignorant.
    The fat, drunk, and pathetic sports fans get a pass, but the people trying to change the world for the better get slandered?
    It's bullshit.

Drivel
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

rgambs said:

It's bullshit.

Drivel
    Hahaha sure it is, to a sports fan. Cognitive dissonance.
    edited April 2016
    hedonist said:

gambo, I don't think the idiots who smashed out a police car and tried to overturn it (why target the police if they're there "rallying" against Trump?) were working for positive change. Those are the assholes I have a problem with...and B, I don't need to know their story. Their actions spoke to that.

Vandalism is entirely reprehensible, just shitty behavior.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    These people are fucking awesome!! Love that they are making their voices heard in such a constructive way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tNQ9upvMTk

This guy deserves a medal, not for supporting Trump, but just for having elephant balls to express it in the midst of that madness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NITRphE07Q
    Oh man, Shawshank - I watched the first clip and felt for the poor people in that car. I cannot imagine being in that situation.

And played the beginning of the second one...agree with you there.
    Those people are just as bad as the Trump supporters SMH
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Extremists, no matter the view, are a problem. They leave no room for compromise. You can't govern a diverse country without compromise.
    Earlier, I was thinking it's somewhat ironic - 24 years ago today, I drove home early from work (as we all did) under ashes gently raining down as the LA riots went into full fucking gear. Once home, from nine floors up, saw so many fires burning in my city. TV on, watched businesses burned, looted. Cars bashed, smashed. People too. Signs put up on storefronts to declare which race owned what. Sobbed as Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck and beaten...I don't even think "beaten" suffices for what was done to him.

Protest, people. Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud.

But when you turn into an animal, fuck you and your cause. And that goes for those last night as well.
    hedonist said:

Earlier, I was thinking it's somewhat ironic - 24 years ago today, I drove home early from work (as we all did) under ashes gently raining down as the LA riots went into full fucking gear. Once home, from nine floors up, saw so many fires burning in my city. TV on, watched businesses burned, looted. Cars bashed, smashed. People too. Signs put up on storefronts to declare which race owned what. Sobbed as Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck and beaten...I don't even think "beaten" suffices for what was done to him.

Protest, people. Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud.

But when you turn into an animal, fuck you and your cause. And that goes for those last night as well.

I agree with you but try not to forget that it's much easier to see things clearly from 9 floors up than it is from the bottom of the chaos.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    It's only going to get better when he is elected
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    rgambs said:

Those people are just as bad as the Trump supporters SMH

I'd say just a wee bit worse since they are the ones going out to instigate trouble.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    One day the left will win and free speech will only apply to topics they agree with.

When you are labeled racist for supporting legal immigration and not illegal immigration, you know the country is a lost cause. The brainwashing started in schools and in the media 20-30 years ago has worked. Congratulations.

One day the left will win and free speech will only apply to topics they agree with.

When you are labeled racist for supporting legal immigration and not illegal immigration, you know the country is a lost cause. The brainwashing started in schools and in the media 20-30 years ago has worked. Congratulations.

I really ought to bump that victim thread for you.

The racist label comes from a lot more than that and the evidence has been presented over and over.
    When so many people are so ignorant they will vote for such a clown, that's when you see a lost cause.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

Agreed. I have no tolerance for idiot protesters who are primarily interested in causing trouble rather than furthering their cause. Hell, most protesters that end up getting interviewed have no actual message, so I don't know that they even have a cause to further, other than creating drama and being dipshits. The WTO protests in Seattle years ago cured me of the romantic notion of modern day protest as a form of civil disobedience, because these days the message has been lost and it is all about violence, vandalism, and mayhem rather than solidarity around a cause. Seattle gets hit with mayday protests every year, and hopefully since it falls on a Sunday this week, it won't be a typical idiot fest. But we get starry eyed college kids and black hoodie wearing anarchists from Eugene, OR, and neither group has any idea why they're there. Almost every time there is a march or protest planned by a responsible group with a real message, they get hijacked by troublemakers. Bunch of fucking morons that take away from the message the original organizers are trying to communicate.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Had no idea you were in SoCal, hedonist. I'm an 30-60 minute drive away from where that happened. Many cousins on my dad's side live nearby in the OC.

I agree as well. They say that he who fights monsters...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    rgambs said:

It's bullshit.

Yup.
    With all that is happening....people protesting is the thing to lose your shit about. Give me a break.
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

It's bullshit.

Yup.
    With all that is happening....people protesting is the thing to lose your shit about. Give me a break.
    My shit is intact, thank you very much!

I'll never condone "protests" that involve violence or destruction of property.
    hedonist said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

It's bullshit.

Yup.

Your language would suggest otherwise, but carry on.
    dignin said:

hedonist said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

It's bullshit.

Yup.

Your language would suggest otherwise, but carry on.
    I think I know what I meant, and what pisses me off - spelled it out pretty clearly.

Carry on I shall!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Sorry if this has been posted - this respected journalist wrote a piece about Trump's wife and now she's getting hate mail. I read the GQ article and - wow, I don't see why people are so upset about it. Very very scary.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/julia-ioffe-journalist-melania-trump-antisemitic-abuse
    Ugh, what is wrong with some people? Doesn't matter the issue, ugliness somehow makes its way to the forefront.
    I don't think there is any debating that Trump is bringing out the worst of both sides.
    People carp about Obama dividing the country, I can't even imagine the division a Trump presidency would cause.
  • rgambs said:

I don't think there is any debating that Trump is bringing out the worst of both sides.
    People carp about Obama dividing the country, I can't even imagine the division a Trump presidency would cause.

Best to know your enemy.
    He is doing very well at it.

rgambs said:

Best to know your enemy.
    He is doing very well at it.
    What?

Had no idea you were in SoCal, hedonist. I'm an 30-60 minute drive away from where that happened. Many cousins on my dad's side live nearby in the OC.

I agree as well. They say that he who fights monsters...

I missed this post, InHiding! Yup, born and raised in West Hollywood; my sister and her family are in Irvine.
    edited April 2016
    rgambs said:

They way you word that post its seems you are blaming Trump for the anti-Trump behavior versus him exposing their poor behavior and putting the blame on those who are behaving badly.

I don't recall seeing any protests of Hilary and Bernie that turn into riots.

What is funny and ironic is that the country has never been so liberal as it is today and the left still riots and complains when the slightest thing doesn't go their way.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    rgambs said:

I really ought to bump that victim thread for you.

The racist label comes from a lot more than that and the evidence has been presented over and over.
    When so many people are so ignorant they will vote for such a clown, that's when you see a lost cause.
    Nope. The clowns are the candidates who don't want to follow the law of the land. The ones who want to make the US a third world country. The ones who want the border to dissappear.

The racist label is a bully tactic. Liberals with the power of social media can shame anyone out of a job and throw the racist label around at any opportunity to silence any debate.

rgambs said:

They way you word that post its seems you are blaming Trump for the anti-Trump behavior versus him exposing their poor behavior and putting the blame on those who are behaving badly.

I know right, Trump bares no responsibility for the stupid shit he says on a daily basis. He doesn't behave badly at all, in fact he's very presidential.
This discussion has been closed.