Trump

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Also, yelling nonsense over someone is not debating. That is not practice. It will not be difficult for Hillary to get under his skin and have him look like a child.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited April 2016
    Idris said:

callen said:

Idris said:

The More I think about it. The more I 'like' the idea of Trump As President.

Interesting. Please elaborate.
    Sure,

Was Bush jr -good- for the USA? What is 'good' anyway? W Bush came across as a very real/sincere guy. He believed that going into Iraq and slaughtering people was a 'Good' idea.

Much of the Country (and world) didn't agree with it. So what did we do? We protested. Thousands of us. On the Streets, showing our anger. 'How dare we bomb another country, not in our name!'

Then when night comes. We go home and feel 'good' (again this word Good) about ourselves and then go on 'support the troops'...They are just -following orders- (again, very dangerous)

We play very dangerous games(?) in this country. We play the 'ANYBODY BUT...(FILL IN the candidate we fear the most)

Anybody but Bush!, Anybody but mccain anybody but palin, anybody but Trump, Cruz...

Nader? Fuck Nader, he stole votes from Gore...Nader went into the pockets of Gore and took votes from him. Of course, that's bullshit. If Gore wanted Nader's votes, then the democrats should've taken on the issues, Causes that got Nader the support he had. And of course in 2004 Kerry getting his ass kicked by Bush, Nader was not close 2 being a factor, so what was the excuse then?

I think we need to take a few steps back, before moving forward and ask ourselves, what kinda of a country, world, society we want to live in.

You know, when Israel was killing Palestinians right before Obama took office that first term..Many of his supporters said just wait until he's in Office, things will change, then a year goes by, 2 3, then it became...NO No NO Idris, wait until his (Obama)second term, then he'll let loose, anyway we cant have Mccain and palin in office.

So second term is here, 1 year goes by, 2 years, 3, now his final year...and what do we hear? It's the republicans fault. They Blocked him, blame them.

No. Sorry, I blame Obama and many of his supporters.

When Obama took office and refused to go after Bush and Co. for war crimes because it would be too...What word did he use?? Ah yes, it would be "too Divisive".

Look, We need to hold our leaders accountable. Let's start with Obama. hold his feet to the fire. set the stage for whomever is elected (next).

You know, maybe we will (as a collective) 'wake up' when things gets really, really, really. Bad. MAYBE WE NEED TRUMP to go about getting rid of the Muslims, and build a wall. Maybe we need Cruz to go war crazy and level countries. Maybe then, maybe, just maybe then.We'll 'Wake up' and stop our bullshit self-propaganda.

We have the ability in the USA to have non violent revolutions, it starts with us. But these non violent revolutions will not happen until we demand more from the ones we elect and/or hold them accountable. Even bernie sanders, he's talking revolution, but then says he'll support Clinton because...He's a democrat. Well aint that nice.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Very much get and agree with what your saying.

From my perspective Obama's done more for my causes than I could of imagined. The current backlash in gay rights is example of this ship taking a while to turn left. But it's turning.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

mrussel1 said:

Real revolutions are rarely the solution. How many true revolutions have been bloodless? Maybe the Glorious Revolution (appropriately misnamed)? Revolution for the sake of what? Is that going to eliminate the Israeli settlements? What are you fighting for precisely?

Sounds like we're way overdue for a bloodless revolution!

Some movements and organizations that have created much change have been bloodless. (The original) Earth First! and Sea Shepherd Conservation Society come to mind. And Prince, of course!
    Of course Prince. I grant you that. But revolution implies an overthrow of the gov't and typically the Constitution. I don't think there's much of an appetite for that in this country. Just ask those Bundy douches. They thought they were starting a movement and it just landed them all as future felons that can't own guns (irony!).

We have movements in this country which is quite different than revolution. The temperance movement, civil rights movement, abolitionist (which led to an unsuccessful revolution). I would gravely disagree that we are due for one.
    Was thinking of Pinchot dude and how he sacrificed himself thinking there would be strong reaction and it didn't happen.

Americans are fat and mostly happy.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

Who has Hillary had to debate against? No one. The Democratic debates were pillow fights...a complete joke. Hillary puts her foot in her mouth every time she speaks (or barks like a dog). She is a disgrace and her track record proves that. She couldn't even manage her marriage, how is she going to run a country?? The email server, Benghazi, her track record as secretary of state, etc. So many angles from which she can be exposed.

Trump has plenty of ammo to use in the upcoming debates. It's going to be hilarious

What a dumb argument.. she couldn't manage her marriage. Did Trump manage his marriage(s)? Is your double standard that obvious? And Hillary debated Obama. You know.. the guy that smoked the Republican field twice.... I thought you were going to come up with something a bit more analytical than right wing talking points. There's not one thing Trump can hit her with that hasn't been lobbed at her a 100x before.
    But trump didn't get walked all over in his failed marriages the way Hillary did and still does.

So Hillary was favored to beat obama and lost badly, but she did a good job debating? Ummm, OK right. That makes sense.
    I don't know what 'favored' means. I didn't check the oddsmakers in 2008 when they both announced. But if you recall, Obama picked up Edwards voters while HRC stayed steady in 2007.

And the marriage argument is a stupid one. Do you really think that blaming HRC for Bill's infidelities is going to help close the enormous gap Trump has with women? Do you think that's the solution for Trump? Yeah, women, who make up 55% of the electorate, will surely gravitate to that argument.
    favored means predicted to win. when you don't win as a favorite it means you choked. In terms of politics it does not reflect well on a candidates' ability to debate (among other things). Hillary was favored to win the nomination the first time she ran. She failed miserably.

The marriage thing is a reflection of her character. Not sure why she would stay with a guy who walked all over her for years. To me it shows weakness, which is one of many reasons why I think she is a horrible candidate.

At the end of the day, the marriage thing ranks low on the reasons why I would never support her. But I think it's relevant...and fair game if trump decides to play that card in the upcoming debates.
    You won't support Hillary because that's the Fox News battle cry. As to her debating skills, she took on many republicans repeatedly and crushed them on Bengazi road show.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    ^^

Great point on Benghazi. I had forgot about that one. She was supremely prepared and the GOP got zero out of it.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

^^

Great point on Benghazi. I had forgot about that one. She was supremely prepared and the GOP got zero out of it.

Yeah, it was supposed to be this big takedown, it ended up being the best moment of her campaign so far.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

^^

Yeah, it was supposed to be this big takedown, it ended up being the best moment of her campaign so far.
    That's true. She kind of made them look like idiots actually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Cartoon Trump Admits It's All An Act to Stephen Colbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6BXGkgkgE
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

You really think Trump isn't a treasure trove of OPPO research? The GOP candidates have committed political malpractice over the last six months. Team Clinton can be vicious. I mean they had Vince Foster and JFL Jr killed for chrissakes.

trump is far from a stellar candidate. no doubt.

clinton will be heavily favored in the presidential election. That means she will be expected to win (again). I think trump will fare well in the debates and make things interesting, but he's still a long shot to win.

the entire state of candidates from both parties is incredibly sad. I believe in small government and keeping my income to support my family, so I vote Republican.
    You do realize that the government has expanded significantly more under recent republican Presidents than Democrat, right?
    sure but I think pointing a lot of political historical things is irrelevant these days. democrats were pro-slavery for example.

today the gop is for smaller government and lower taxes. liberals are for handout programs like welfare, obamacare, etc.

I will never understand why middle class america votes for higher taxes. guess people don't like money
    callen said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

Who has Hillary had to debate against? No one. The Democratic debates were pillow fights...a complete joke. Hillary puts her foot in her mouth every time she speaks (or barks like a dog). She is a disgrace and her track record proves that. She couldn't even manage her marriage, how is she going to run a country?? The email server, Benghazi, her track record as secretary of state, etc. So many angles from which she can be exposed.

Trump has plenty of ammo to use in the upcoming debates. It's going to be hilarious

What a dumb argument.. she couldn't manage her marriage. Did Trump manage his marriage(s)? Is your double standard that obvious? And Hillary debated Obama. You know.. the guy that smoked the Republican field twice.... I thought you were going to come up with something a bit more analytical than right wing talking points. There's not one thing Trump can hit her with that hasn't been lobbed at her a 100x before.
    But trump didn't get walked all over in his failed marriages the way Hillary did and still does.

So Hillary was favored to beat obama and lost badly, but she did a good job debating? Ummm, OK right. That makes sense.
    I don't know what 'favored' means. I didn't check the oddsmakers in 2008 when they both announced. But if you recall, Obama picked up Edwards voters while HRC stayed steady in 2007.

And the marriage argument is a stupid one. Do you really think that blaming HRC for Bill's infidelities is going to help close the enormous gap Trump has with women? Do you think that's the solution for Trump? Yeah, women, who make up 55% of the electorate, will surely gravitate to that argument.
    favored means predicted to win. when you don't win as a favorite it means you choked. In terms of politics it does not reflect well on a candidates' ability to debate (among other things). Hillary was favored to win the nomination the first time she ran. She failed miserably.

The marriage thing is a reflection of her character. Not sure why she would stay with a guy who walked all over her for years. To me it shows weakness, which is one of many reasons why I think she is a horrible candidate.

At the end of the day, the marriage thing ranks low on the reasons why I would never support her. But I think it's relevant...and fair game if trump decides to play that card in the upcoming debates.
    You won't support Hillary because that's the Fox News battle cry. As to her debating skills, she took on many republicans repeatedly and crushed them on Bengazi road show.
    libtards love referring to fox news. MSNBC is just as bad if not worse. Rachel Maddow is a disgrace
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

You really think Trump isn't a treasure trove of OPPO research? The GOP candidates have committed political malpractice over the last six months. Team Clinton can be vicious. I mean they had Vince Foster and JFL Jr killed for chrissakes.

clinton will be heavily favored in the presidential election. That means she will be expected to win (again). I think trump will fare well in the debates and make things interesting, but he's still a long shot to win.

the entire state of candidates from both parties is incredibly sad. I believe in small government and keeping my income to support my family, so I vote Republican.
    You do realize that the government has expanded significantly more under recent republican Presidents than Democrat, right?
    sure but I think pointing a lot of political historical things is irrelevant these days. democrats were pro-slavery for example.

today the gop is for smaller government and lower taxes. liberals are for handout programs like welfare, obamacare, etc.

I will never understand why middle class america votes for higher taxes. guess people don't like money
    It's a far cry from comparing the Dem party of 1860 to the GOP in the last administration. That's intellectually dishonest. Anyone who got through 10th grade history knows about the Solid South, to the Dixiecrats to the modern GOP.

And please don't use 'libtards'. It's so friggin' disgraceful and beneath any level of intelligent conversation. You want to debate the points of conservative, small gov't. Great. Love to do it. But that's just low grade insults.
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm talking since Bush Sr.

That's what they say, but it's not exactly true. A good sound bite though. The Pauls are much more in line with your views than the Republican Party
    mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

It's a far cry from comparing the Dem party of 1860 to the GOP in the last administration. That's intellectually dishonest. Anyone who got through 10th grade history knows about the Solid South, to the Dixiecrats to the modern GOP.

And please don't use 'libtards'. It's so friggin' disgraceful and beneath any level of intelligent conversation. You want to debate the points of conservative, small gov't. Great. Love to do it. But that's just low grade insults.
    cool. let me know what the rest of the rules are.

is it tiring responding to every single political post on this site? I would imagine it probably is

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

That's what they say, but it's not exactly true. A good sound bite though. The Pauls are much more in line with your views than the Republican Party
    True, but they aren't running (unless they run as a third party candidate, which is a waste of a vote). All about personal finance for me, which means I will never vote democrat.
    The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

cool. let me know what the rest of the rules are.

is it tiring responding to every single political post on this site? I would imagine it probably is
    Isn't there a general rule here of "don't be an asshole"? You're not on Brietbart News.
    edited April 2016
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

True, but they aren't running (unless they run as a third party candidate, which is a waste of a vote). All about personal finance for me, which means I will never vote democrat.
    But republicans are not helping your finances. It's all a myth, it sounds great when said over and over and over again though

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/foxs-wallace-slams-trumps-budget-plan-in-debate-fact-check/article/2584924

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/tax-reform/news/2011/09/13/10287/obama-vs-bush-whos-the-bigger-tax-cutter/
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I can't wait for The Don to make the Hildabeast cry during a debate… I am thinking by the 2nd debate.
    Speaking of the beast, what the hell is with these outfits she is parading around in?? It appears she is getting fashion tips from North Korea's Supreme Leader KIM JON-UN…. She looks like a Pear dressed in doll clothes
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    muskydan said:

I can't wait for The Don to make the Hildabeast cry during a debate… I am thinking by the 2nd debate.
    Speaking of the beast, what the hell is with these outfits she is parading around in?? It appears she is getting fashion tips from North Korea's Supreme Leader KIM JON-UN…. She looks like a Pear dressed in doll clothes

Sexist drivel.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah, because who cares about human rights, death, destruction, poverty, starvation, civil rights, or discrimination, all hail the mighty wallet.

Admirable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Enough with the name-calling and sexism. Elevate the discussion/debate. If it continues, posts and/or members will not be in the posts. See the Posting Guidelines stickied on Porch. Thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Can I just say that I'm thankful Trump's visit to SoCal today is taking place in a neighboring county rather than in mine? Traffic....... :whistle:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,531

Also, yelling nonsense over someone is not debating. That is not practice. It will not be difficult for Hillary to get under his skin and have him look like a child.

Exactly...and she has a lot of ammo to hit him with in a live debate. I can't wait to see him try to defend his bankruptcies in that forum. I know he got hit with some of that during the GOP debates but it will be much much worse when someone is giving it back to him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,531
    muskydan said:

I realize that is what you might imagine you will see and that's likely what you want to see but a statement like this just shows how deeply you live in a bubble. Clinton will destroy Trump in a live debate. It will be a beautiful thing to see.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

mrussel1 said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/magazine/president-obama-weighs-his-economic-legacy.html
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited April 2016
    Apparently, PJ just performed 1/2 Full and made it all about Trump recently. I'm even seeing comments from idiots on some site saying Billy Corgan was right due to his recent remarks comparing SJWs to the KKK. No wonder he's a bitter old has been.

Plus if what Buzz from The Melvins says is true about him wanting non Asian guitarists now a year ago, baldy is one to talk. At least the Vedder rat got out of his cage and lightened up.
    Fucking stupida protesters.

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING STREET you idiots.

And some dude is doing donuts in an intersection.
    My goodness or not, some people are just fucking dipshits.

How can our news say it's been peaceful but then report on / show idiot drivers who've put many at risk and someone in the road...bleeding.

Everything is good here, folks! Disperse!

Not sure who's more of a fuckwit - the protesters or those covering it.

Kinda want to lean toward the latter.

(and those poor police horses - you just know they don't want to be there)

Jesus, people. Get your shit together.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,682
    hedonist said:

My goodness or not, some people are just fucking dipshits.

How can our news say it's been peaceful but then report on / show idiot drivers who've put many at risk and someone in the road...bleeding.

Everything is good here, folks! Disperse!

Not sure who's more of a fuckwit - the protesters or those covering it.

Kinda want to lean toward the latter.

(and those poor police horses - you just know they don't want to be there)

Jesus, people. Get your shit together.

Yeah, that looks pretty messed up, the only problem is, who are those 20 people that were arrested? What really is their story? And what about the other hundreds who were there and were not arrested? What's their story? Do we really know?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Lots of the anti-clowns are turning out to be even bigger clowns. Is this the youth people are claiming are going to turn the page and get Bernie elected?
This discussion has been closed.