Trump

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,682
    hedonist said:

gambo, I don't think the idiots who smashed out a police car and tried to overturn it (why target the police if they're there "rallying" against Trump?) were working for positive change. Those are the assholes I have a problem with...and B, I don't need to know their story. Their actions spoke to that.

What percentage of the protesters were smashing cop cars and burning things? If you were the key reporter on this story I would assume it was a riot. But other articles I've read paint a different picture. That what i meant about what was their story- not the vandals, but rather the protesters. And should we do what a totalitarian state would do and shut down and disallow all protest? I don't think so.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

rgambs said:

I don't think there is any debating that Trump is bringing out the worst of both sides.
    People carp about Obama dividing the country, I can't even imagine the division a Trump presidency would cause.

They way you word that post its seems you are blaming Trump for the anti-Trump behavior versus him exposing their poor behavior and putting the blame on those who are behaving badly.

I don't recall seeing any protests of Hilary and Bernie that turn into riots.

What is funny and ironic is that the country has never been so liberal as it is today and the left still riots and complains when the slightest thing doesn't go their way.
    Out of several hundred protestors, twenty people are arrested for vandalism and that makes it a riot? What were those twenty? Super rioters? I think you're blowing this up out of proportion.

Hillary I can see people getting a bit miffed about but what are people going to riot over Bernie for? Wild hair and dandruff? Caring too much for the average guy?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2016
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

gambo, I don't think the idiots who smashed out a police car and tried to overturn it (why target the police if they're there "rallying" against Trump?) were working for positive change. Those are the assholes I have a problem with...and B, I don't need to know their story. Their actions spoke to that.

What percentage of the protesters were smashing cop cars and burning things? If you were the key reporter on this story I would assume it was a riot. But other articles I've read paint a different picture. That what i meant about what was their story- not the vandals, but rather the protesters. And should we do what a totalitarian state would do and shut down and disallow all protest? I don't think so.
    Man, I don't know how to make myself any clearer. My articulation skills must suck big time.

I'm going by what I saw with my own eyes of last night's live coverage. Bunch of people fucking with a police car and others fucking with another car with two women in it. No idea about the percentages and in this vein, it doesn't really matter to me. It was fucked up and unnecessary - at least, to me. I get others don't feel that way.

(What percentage of what I've been saying demonstrates my demanding no one protest at all?Zero.)

Edited to add that I never mentioned rioting - but thanks. I would think you of all people would understand seeing something fucked up and feeling something about it in the moment. Maybe would've been different if not Trump-related, who knows.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    dignin said:

rgambs said:

I don't think there is any debating that Trump is bringing out the worst of both sides.
    People carp about Obama dividing the country, I can't even imagine the division a Trump presidency would cause.

They way you word that post its seems you are blaming Trump for the anti-Trump behavior versus him exposing their poor behavior and putting the blame on those who are behaving badly.

I know right, Trump bares no responsibility for the stupid shit he says on a daily basis. He doesn't behave badly at all, in fact he's very presidential.
    Nope. Talking about enforcing the laws on the books should not instigate violent protests.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

rgambs said:

I know right, Trump bares no responsibility for the stupid shit he says on a daily basis. He doesn't behave badly at all, in fact he's very presidential.
    Nope. Talking about enforcing the laws on the books should not instigate violent protests.
    You are being very disingenuous. We both know he is saying a lot of crazy things (the list is long) that are inciting violence and division.....on purpose.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

dignin said:

rgambs said:

I didn't know we had laws on the books that require Muslims in America to be tracked, or laws on the books that banned Muslims from entering the US.
    I didn't know we had laws on the books about smacking protesters around and paying for their legal fees.
    I didn't know we had laws on the books that said such nasty things about women and laws that said we can drop nukes on Europe.

I feel like there must be lots of laws I didn't know about...or maybe Trump is full of shit and you don't have a leg to stand on in defending him.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

Man, I don't know how to make myself any clearer. My articulation skills must suck big time.

I'm going by what I saw with my own eyes of last night's live coverage. Bunch of people fucking with a police car and others fucking with another car with two women in it. No idea about the percentages and in this vein, it doesn't really matter to me. It was fucked up and unnecessary - at least, to me. I get others don't feel that way.

(What percentage of what I've been saying demonstrates my demanding no one protest at all?Zero.)

Edited to add that I never mentioned rioting - but thanks. I would think you of all people would understand seeing something fucked up and feeling something about it in the moment. Maybe would've been different if not Trump-related, who knows.
    Just a reminder, Hedo. Unless you were there, those weren't your eyes. There were the Television's eyes.

"I'm getting messages
    Coming through my TV
    They're telling me what to buy
    They seem so stupid to me

Video eyes
    Idiot lies
    You're receiving things that you can't see
    And it's coming to you from your video eyes
    Video eyes
    They're telling lies

They're makin' us feel better

We're getting messages
    Coming through our TV's
    They're only seconds long
    They change the way that we see

Video eyes
    Idiot lies
    You're receiving things that you can't see
    And it's coming to you from your video eyes
    Video eyes
    They're telling lies"

- The Bongos, "Video Eyes"

Oy. I have a brain and the ability to process what I saw as much as I get how things can be manipulated. Thanks for the lyrics though...I'm well aware of that concept.
    hedonist said:

Oy. I have a brain and the ability to process what I saw as much as I get how things can be manipulated. Thanks for the lyrics though...I'm well aware of that concept.

Have a good weekend, Hedo. No wish for strife here. :smile:

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Enkidu said:

Sorry if this has been posted - this respected journalist wrote a piece about Trump's wife and now she's getting hate mail. I read the GQ article and - wow, I don't see why people are so upset about it. Very very scary.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/julia-ioffe-journalist-melania-trump-antisemitic-abuse

Funny how they call liberals PC crybabies yet can't take it when used against them.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited April 2016

Enkidu said:

Sorry if this has been posted - this respected journalist wrote a piece about Trump's wife and now she's getting hate mail. I read the GQ article and - wow, I don't see why people are so upset about it. Very very scary.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/julia-ioffe-journalist-melania-trump-antisemitic-abuse

Funny how they call liberals PC crybabies yet can't take it when used against them.
    See this is a typical response from any upset liberal. The old I know you are but what am I.
    Trumps supporters don't act anyway at all like those thugs today.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Enkidu said:

See this is a typical response from any upset liberal. The old I know you are but what am I.
    What a joke!
    Dost thou have eyes?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited April 2016
    rgambs said:

Enkidu said:

What a joke!
    Dost thou have eyes?
    Only for the true god and my only god Donald Trump.

Well, actually the riot (as some call it) happened today from mostly youth, 18-30 was the mean.
    The rest happened from keyboard warriors.
    June 7 will help him after this pathetic showing of the hostile youth that need a leader.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • hedonist said:

Had no idea you were in SoCal, hedonist. I'm an 30-60 minute drive away from where that happened. Many cousins on my dad's side live nearby in the OC.

I agree as well. They say that he who fights monsters...

I missed this post, InHiding! Yup, born and raised in West Hollywood; my sister and her family are in Irvine.
    I guess you two don't carry these signs around eh.

hedonist said:

Had no idea you were in SoCal, hedonist. I'm an 30-60 minute drive away from where that happened. Many cousins on my dad's side live nearby in the OC.

I missed this post, InHiding! Yup, born and raised in West Hollywood; my sister and her family are in Irvine.
    Too much grass, not enough roots?

hedonist said:

Ha, I'm typically not the sign-holding type but even if I were...wouldn't be clutching that one.

B, got plenty of tasty grass and a few roots planted along the road. You have a good weekend as well.
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Ha, I'm typically not the sign-holding type but even if I were...wouldn't be clutching that one.

B, got plenty of tasty grass and a few roots planted along the road. You have a good weekend as well.
    Will do! :smiley:

rgambs said:

dignin said:

rgambs said:

I didn't know we had laws on the books that require Muslims in America to be tracked, or laws on the books that banned Muslims from entering the US.
    I didn't know we had laws on the books about smacking protesters around and paying for their legal fees.
    I didn't know we had laws on the books that said such nasty things about women and laws that said we can drop nukes on Europe.

I feel like there must be lots of laws I didn't know about...or maybe Trump is full of shit and you don't have a leg to stand on in defending him.

You are right. Let's go destroy some police cars.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    These idiots weren't protesters. They were just troublemakers who know where to go to start a riot just for shits and giggles. I know them well - they are the cause of all of Vancouver's riots. The reason for the original gathering is irrelevant to them. Bored kids from the burbs usually.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    It sickens me to see how many Americans have revealed their true colors. I lost an incredible amount of respect for Bobby Knight when he supported trump last week. This guy won't win the general election. But he will divide this country even more so than it is now.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

It sickens me to see how many Americans have revealed their true colors. I lost an incredible amount of respect for Bobby Knight when he supported trump last week. This guy won't win the general election. But he will divide this country even more so than it is now.

Is Trump the one that divided it though or was it already divided?

Obama and company made the police an enemy but Trump is the bad guy.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

Oh yea I forgot, it's Obamas fault.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Isn't everything? :lol:

Sheeesh!

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    hedonist said:

See it's ok because it was trump. There is always an excuse for shitty behavior. No one is every at fault for their own choices and behavior.

Fuck em, they don't care to discuss.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited April 2016
    If this is what Hilary calls an attack she is going to get demolished come the debate.
    Snapchat? Really? http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/29/

If Trump did this to her he would be that word everyone likes to call him, what was that again? oh yeah, a misogynist.
    Double standard all the time.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

hedonist said:

See it's ok because it was trump. There is always an excuse for shitty behavior. No one is every at fault for their own choices and behavior.

Fuck em, they don't care to discuss.
    Thanks, cincy. What I mentioned before too, but it wasn't addressed.

On the make-me-smile front? Got some old AIC unplugged going here - "find me sitting by myself, no excuses that I know" Sort of fits here and there, at times.

Cheers to you and hope all is well in your life.
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

Bravo bootlegger…Bravo!!!!
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

If this is what Hilary calls an attack she is going to get demolished come the debate.
    Snapchat? Really? http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/29/

If Trump did this to her he would be that word everyone likes to call him, what was that again? oh yeah, a misogynist.
    Double standard all the time.

DOUBLE STANDARD ALL THE TIME IS RIGHT……..

So here is a tale from the the Protest Line today at the Wet and cold NFL Drafttown Celebration in Chicago. The ever entertaining BLM element (but they were calling themselves something else,something Muthas keeper ) decided to block Lake Shore Drive in front of the NFL draft. Well the females of this fun group decided to dress up identically as Beyonce in the outfit she wore during the Super bowl…mind you it was 42 windy and raining sideways all day here today ….anyhow, they chained themselves together and blocked traffic for miles in both directions on Lake Shore Drive. If you are not Familiar w/ LSD its the only way to avoid the loop on the East and w/ the NFL draft taking up almost half the loop lakefront so traffic was jacked up for hours due to these oxygen thieves. You should have seen how pissed off people stuck in traffic were, getting out of their cars wanting to knock some sense into these assholes….. So here is my favorite part, due to the pussification of American and definitely the CPD these "PEACEFUL PROTESTERS" don't ever get locked up anymore. Well things were a bit different today. After about a half hour of waiting to see what downtown wanted the police to do the word came down to lock em up. So the bike cops who were protecting these knuckleheads w/ their bikes blocking traffic in one of the smoothest moves i have ever seen turned around and surrounded these oppressed "young people". Then the Paddy wagon and swat teams appeared out of nowhere w/ chain cutters. Once these geniuses saw all this serious Police activity going on they all started to run in all directions….Did I mention that these dummies were all chained together???? They all fell violently on the wet cold pavement to the laughter of all the police/fire and pissed off citizens. And the best part was they keep on getting up and trying to run and of course falling flat on their face or on top of another protester. It was seriously like a laurel and hardy skit. I have seen a lot of funny shit in my day, but boy was that some good stuff. It got so ridiculous that 2 of these protesters started fighting each other….. Anyhow, i doubt they will spend the night in jail cause the big bad police can't keep them from the wonderful Mayday activities that are planned throughout the city tomorrow. The big one will be in Front of Trump Tower in the afternoon so if you are in the area and want to protest THE DON come on down and join these "Peaceful Protesters". Or come on out and have a few laughs….its Gold Jerry…GOLD!!!!!

• ^^^
    Everyone clicking on this thread needs to read the above and give it some serious thought.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    brianlux said:

Isn't everything? :lol:

Sheeesh!
    Only when it isn't Hillary's...
This discussion has been closed.