Trump

Comments

• Nope. That's a very logical way of looking at it.
  • Nope. That's a very logical way of looking at it.

To who?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671

It's interesting to me that, within about a 30 second stretch, Trump will say the election is rigged then switch to a narrative that he has Hillary scared that she is losing Michigan and has to make a campaign stop there tonight.

Do any of his supporters pick up on this shit?

Clearly they do not
  • It's interesting to me that, within about a 30 second stretch, Trump will say the election is rigged then switch to a narrative that he has Hillary scared that she is losing Michigan and has to make a campaign stop there tonight.

Do any of his supporters pick up on this shit?

Clearly they do not
    What's wrong w/ a little politicking to the bitter end?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited November 2016

Meh

Post edited by Kat on
  • ^^^
    Trump doesn't do that anymore because he has listened to his advisors.
    Like a good POTUS does.
    I got a post edited by Kat finally. I finally feel like part of the team. That must have been the most tame post ever to be censored though.
  • I got a post edited by Kat finally. I finally feel like part of the team. That must have been the most tame post ever to be censored though.

Team Trump?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    A sexist post about Sarah Palin is not ok here. If you find this to be a badge of honor of some kind, we can close your forum account right now and be done with it.
    Falling down,...not staying down

I got a post edited by Kat finally. I finally feel like part of the team. That must have been the most tame post ever to be censored though.

Team Trump?
    No political team. Just the team of posters.
  • Kat said:

A sexist post about Sarah Palin is not ok here. If you find this to be a badge of honor of some kind, we can close your forum account right now and be done with it.

100%
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Welcome to the club!
    edited November 2016
    Kat said:

How was my post sexist? Did my post cast any judgement good or bad on her appearance? No, it did not. We had two posts prior though where one said she was hot and then one said "meh". I merely asked if Gern was going to rank like Trump, because I thought judging women's appearances was a no no. So you leave the post where someone judges her appearance and then call the post where there was no judging of appearance sexist. That makes no sense.

I want to know how my post was sexist, especially when said in context of this election and Trump. Please let me know.

Still curious to understand how posting a picture of Palin coming out of the gym with no make-up for the sole intent to comment negatively on her appearance with a "meh" is acceptable.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Kat said:

How was my post sexist? Did my post cast any judgement good or bad on her appearance? No, it did not. We had two posts prior though where one said she was hot and then one said "meh". I merely asked if Gern was going to rank like Trump, because I thought judging women's appearances was a no no. So you leave the post where someone judges her appearance and then call the post where there was no judging of appearance sexist. That makes no sense.

I want to know how my post was sexist, especially when said in context of this election and Trump. Please let me know.

For the love of god man.
    Stop with the egging of the mods.
    Ask anyone.
    Not good.

Kat said:

For the love of god man.
    Stop with the egging of the mods.
    Ask anyone.
    Not good.
    Sorry, I am not egging on. Kat deletes my post and then calls it sexist so now when people read the thread they are going to assume it was a horrible sexist post when there was nothing sexist about it at all. I have never had a post edited by a Mod in my 10 years or so of posting on this board so I am not one to go after the Mods.

I didn't even vote for Trump either.
  • Wow.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/07/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-election-day-final-voting-push
    Leaving nothing to chance, Clinton and President Barack Obama held afternoon rallies in Michigan and were due to appear on stage together in Philadelphia with Bruce Springsteen, a one-man songbook for America’s blue-collar angst, before Clinton headed to another midnight concert with Lady Gaga and Jon Bon Jovi in North Carolina.
    Trump still hopes to pull off an upset that would send shockwaves around the world by appealing to anger over jobs and trade in the traditionally Democratic state, though he also needs an almost clean sweep of battleground states such as Florida and North Carolina to win outright.
    As a private citizen I am limited to contributing $2,700 to Clinton's campaign.

Bruce Springsteen would normally charge $500k (estimating low) for a concert appearance.

It doesn't seem right that Springsteen can donate $500,000 of free time to Hillary. Does she pay Springsteen a nominal amount?
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Bruce Springsteen would normally charge $500k (estimating low) for a concert appearance.

It doesn't seem right that Springsteen can donate $500,000 of free time to Hillary. Does she pay Springsteen a nominal amount?

Really?
  • I like this
    Speaking to a packed crowd in a community college gymnasium in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Trump outlined his closing message that “this election will decide whether we are ruled by a corrupt political class or by yourselves, the people”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/07/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-election-day-final-voting-push
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

Really?
    What? I think it is a fair question. It is illegal for me to give Hillary, Trump or any other politician $4,000, but if I were a famous person I could put on a free concert at a rally for Hillary or Trump when I would normally charge $500k to a promoter for and it is perfectly fine? Does that not seem backward to you? I understand that is a donation of time, and volunteers on the ground for politicians definitely put in hours and hours of free time. It just doesn't seem right that Springsteen, Vedder, Nugent or whoever can have so much influence and I can only donate $2,700. Look at the crowds and excitement that these concerts generate, but if bootlegger10 slips Hillary $2,800 the FEC will be all over me.

This is not anti-Hillary post. Just an observation.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • As a private citizen I am limited to contributing $2,700 to Clinton's campaign.

What does Nugent charge? Bus fare?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

dignin said:

Really?
    What? I think it is a fair question. It is illegal for me to give Hillary, Trump or any other politician $4,000, but if I were a famous person I could put on a free concert at a rally for Hillary or Trump when I would normally charge $500k to a promoter for and it is perfectly fine? Does that not seem backward to you? I understand that is a donation of time, and volunteers on the ground for politicians definitely put in hours and hours of free time. It just doesn't seem right that Springsteen, Vedder, Nugent or whoever can have so much influence and I can only donate $2,700. Look at the crowds and excitement that these concerts generate, but if bootlegger10 slips Hillary $2,800 the FEC will be all over me.
    I see where you are coming from, but how would you legislate regulation? Would all celebrity appearances and endorsements have to be monetized?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I'm assuming it's considered an in-kind contribution. I'm not sure how the FEC looks at those.
  • I'm assuming it's considered an in-kind contribution. I'm not sure how the FEC looks at those.

What in-kind contributions does Trump have?
    rgambs said:

dignin said:

Really?
    I see where you are coming from, but how would you legislate regulation? Would all celebrity appearances and endorsements have to be monetized?
    I don't know. Any simple regulation would provide many loopholes. In a situation like this though the campaign should pay some sort of FMV to Springsteen for his time. But then the unpaid volunteers who work 16 hours a week for 10 months are providing more than 2,700 of value too. It would take too much time to write out all the ideas and pros and cons.

What does Nugent charge? Bus fare?
    Bus fare and cigarettes.

Well, someone mentioned Ted Nugent. I'm assuming both candidates have countless in kind contributors.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

dignin said:

Really?

This is not anti-Hillary post. Just an observation.
    Bruce invoiced $4K for the appearance. And paid $496 to The Clinton Foundation. Problem solved.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Donald Trump Cannot Be President of the United States
    The time has come for voters to decide what it truly means to be an American

It's easy to make fun of the hats.
    It's not so easy to contemplate what makes so many people think America's greatness is in desperate need of reformation, or what would make them turn to someone like Donald Trump to make it a reality.

America has flaws as deep as its founding, when the men who laid down basic principles of human rights – principles that have endured 240 years – were fed and clothed by human beings they owned. That paradox still defines the fault lines of our nation, and it's along those lines we are drawing the ugliest election in modern history.

It isn't just economic anxiety or trade deals or the opioid epidemic driving the mostly white, mostly male movement behind Trump's campaign. It is the existential fear of displacement from a world that has slowly – too slowly, for too long – been chipping away at white male supremacy.

The "grab 'em by the pussy" moment was disastrous for Trump's campaign; it reinforced the defining narrative of his sexism. But it drew his strongest supporters even closer to him, because it reminded them of the world they're losing. They want to live in an America where they can grab women by the pussy and brag about it to their friends. They want to casually use the n-word – just for the bad ones; they're not racist! – without being set upon by the PC police. They want what's coming to them, what's owed them.

And they are willing to burn down the world to get it.

Donald Trump is the worst major-party candidate for president in American history. This is not a close call. By virtually any measure, he is unfit to lead a Cub Scout troop, let alone the nation with the world's most powerful military.

It's worth going back and reading the transcripts of his debates with Hillary Clinton just to remember how he speaks when he's answering questions off the cuff. It's breathtaking how incapable he is of forming a single coherent thought. The expectations for him were so low that there was little to no coverage of his failure over four-and-a-half hours to say anything intelligent about any issue important to the American people. He meanders, he interrupts, and he whines. He is uninformed and unprepared.

Trump's values are, in a word, deplorable. He launched his campaign calling Mexican immigrants rapists, issued a call for a ban on immigration by Muslims, and said women should be punished for getting an abortion. He lies, constantly, about everything. He stokes anger and fear and even violence among his supporters. He nurtures their very worst instincts.

He brags he has the best temperament, but that's nonsense. He's lashed out and punched down, attacking the parents of a dead soldier, a former beauty pageant winner who gained weight, countless reporters and anyone he perceives as insulting him.

It is impossible to predict exactly how deep a disaster Donald Trump's presidency would be, but there's no limit to the potential for horror. Think how much we still don't know about Trump – how he hasn't released his taxes, how many women there likely are who haven't come forward – and you can imagine the scandals and corruption that lie in wait. Consider how thin his policy knowledge is and how impulsively he reacts to insults, and imagine his twitchy little fingers on the nuclear button.

Donald Trump cannot be president of the United States.

And while Trump has a considerable movement of supporters who see him as a great conquering hero, who believe every word of his lies, no matter how outlandish and easily disproven, there are many people, even at this late hour, who are torn about whether they can support him. Maybe they're deeply conservative Republicans who despise what they believe Clinton would do to the country. Maybe they're independents who see constant stories about her emails and have genuine fears about her judgment.

But now is the moment for every last American to decide what it truly means to be a citizen. You can be reluctant about Hillary Clinton. You don't even have to vote for her (though I did, without doubt or hesitation).

What you cannot do is vote for Donald Trump and pretend that this is just another election, and he is just another candidate. It is your minimum duty as a citizen not to support a racist, sexist, unqualified, dishonest, corrupt manchild who celebrates everything that's ugly about America and not a single thing that's great about it.

No matter how left out or left behind you feel, voting for Trump is nothing short of a moral failure. It's a vicious act against the human beings, mostly women and people of color, who would suffer miserably under his presidency.

It's an act of violence against America itself, whose greatness has always been about progressing from more oppression to less – slowly, sometimes haltingly, but forward.

The promise on those red hats is to turn back in the other direction. The greatness they sell is a lie.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/donald-trump-cannot-be-president-of-the-united-states-w448907

Well, someone mentioned Ted Nugent. I'm assuming both candidates have countless in kind contributors.
    The pendulum swings.......
This discussion has been closed.