BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

brianlux said:

From what I see on the news the "attacker" was just a guy with a sign. He was let go and afterwards was interviewed by reporters and said "I'm the same party as these other people [others at the Trump speech] and I, agreed on many of the same things with these people BUT I'm a Republican who believes Trump is dangerous for America" Right on, I say.

But of course some news outlets will have a field day with this and give the impression, at least, that Trump really was in danger. Think "yelling fire in a crowed theater". Ah huh. More shit-storm nonsense.

brianlux said:

From what I see on the news the "attacker" was just a guy with a sign. He was let go and afterwards was interviewed by reporters and said "I'm the same party as these other people [others at the Trump speech] and I, agreed on many of the same things with these people BUT I'm a Republican who believes Trump is dangerous for America" Right on, I say.

But of course some news outlets will have a field day with this and give the impression, at least, that Trump really was in danger. Think "yelling fire in a crowed theater". Ah huh. More shit-storm nonsense.

He's a Hillary supporter

http://youtu.be/b_D4uNanyvc
    So he had a firearm? What's he being charged with? Was he treated like the protester at the Obama rally the other day?
    Nope. No firearm but according to Secret Service report he yelled "gun".
    You are as loose with the facts as Donald. All reports are that a Donald supporter yelled gun, not the protester. But hey, throw it out there and people believe it so why not.

A Secret Service spokesperson said in a statement there was a commotion in the crowd and an "unidentified individual" shouted "gun," though no weapon was found after a "thorough search."

Crites said he was then assaulted by a group of people around him before anyone shouted anything about a gun.

"All of a sudden, because they couldn't grab the sign, or whatever happened, bam, I get tackled by all these people who were just, like, kicking me and grabbing me in the crotch and just, just beating the crap out of me," Crites said, according to KTNV. "And somebody yells something about a gun, and so that's when things really got out of hand."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/05/politics/trump-rushed-off-stage-at-campaign-rally/index.html
    Not "loose with facts" but just relaying info as it comes available. First report was someone had a gun, second report was that republican #nevertrump protester yelled gun, now reports state Hillary operative was taken down when unidentified person yelled gun.
    No, you're still not telling the truth. I give you another 6...maybe 7 posts till you get it right. You have a pattern....and it is clear as day where you get your "info".
    That's pretty much the story. It's not a big deal.
    Is there evidence the person was an "operative"?
    He supports Hillary therefore he is an "operative". That is what things have come to.
    I heard the Trump campaign planted him. Donald knows he can't risk saying anything outrageous these next few days, but can't stand being out of the spotlight. So this was drummed up for attention.
    I watched footage of this a couple of times last night and my immediate reaction was the whole thing looked and sounded staged. Afterwards, some of the Trump fans were interviewed and sang all kinds of praises for Trump come back after the so-called threat and went right on with his speech right on queue. No people, there was nothing brave about that. It's just more reason to believe it was drummed up. I will be so glad when this clown is out of the news and back on some dumb TV show where he will be relatively harmless.
    Right. So the idea that it was a Hillary supporter looking to cause trouble is far fetched (when democrats have already been caught paying people to do this) while the idea the Trump campaign planted this guy for media attention is plausible? Got it.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    I think Nate Silver has it bang on with final analysis

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/304551-nate-silver-clinton-one-state-away-from-losing-electoral

Good video at the link. Advantage Hillary but not safe. Based on where Trump started out from when he went down the escalator this is all he could ask for....a chance to compete on election day with a slight ability to change the map. I liked every other candidate more then Trump but I am not sure anybody else other then him could have put the rust belt in play. The map is just too tough for the generic republican. Big risk candidate with potential for big reward. With the house looking safe for gop and the senate looking close the "risk" aspect is no longer looking so bad. A GOP win of the white house was always going to be difficult.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I think he went right back on with his speech because the secret service rightly determined there was no threat. He knew he was not only perfectly safe but also never in any danger. Which makes the campaign's early claims of an assassination attempt even harder to defend.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:

I think he went right back on with his speech because the secret service rightly determined there was no threat. He knew he was not only perfectly safe but also never in any danger. Which makes the campaign's early claims of an assassination attempt even harder to defend.

I don't think the campaign made that claim. First report came from the people airing the speech online. I watched it live. Speech cut out when he left the stage. Person's doing the broadcast said "we are not sure what happened. Waiting to get word from someone with campaign" then said "we are told someone had a gun". Report was very loose due to confusion. Probably broken telephone because somebody on ground yelled "gun". Secret service didn't give their statement until later.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    Bottom line: none of this lends any credence to Trump as potential president. That would be a disaster and I don't don't see how anyone could argue that. But I'm sure some will. OK then...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

I don't think the campaign made that claim. First report came from the people airing the speech online. I watched it live. Speech cut out when he left the stage. Person's doing the broadcast said "we are not sure what happened. Waiting to get word from someone with campaign" then said "we are told someone had a gun". Report was very loose due to confusion. Probably broken telephone because somebody on ground yelled "gun". Secret service didn't give their statement until later.
    The campaign's social media director was claiming last night that an assassination attempt had occurred.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/06/politics/kellyanne-conway-trump-secret-service-assassination-attempt/

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

The campaign's social media director was claiming last night that an assassination attempt had occurred.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/06/politics/kellyanne-conway-trump-secret-service-assassination-attempt/
    ugh....
    is it over yet????
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

ugh....
    is it over yet????
    Soon. We're getting closer with each passing minute.

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

Still not sure if that's accurate. Link says social media director was retweeting someone else's comments. Would have to see what those retweeted comments were and timeline. Early reports were all over the place so not sure a retweet is what you say it is. Also one should remember that an actual assassination attempt occured in Las Vegas only a few short months ago...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/21/why-isnt-the-assassination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

An incident like that along with the threats we don'r even know about will sometimes make a person see things in a different light.
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

Still not sure if that's accurate. Link says social media director was retweeting someone else's comments. Would have to see what those retweeted comments were and timeline. Early reports were all over the place so not sure a retweet is what you say it is. Also one should remember that an actual assassination attempt occured in Las Vegas only a few short months ago...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/21/why-isnt-the-assassination-attempt-on-donald-trump-bigger-news/

An incident like that along with the threats we don'r even know about will sometimes make a person see things in a different light.
    BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

Retweeting that your candidate was back on stage minutes after an assassination attempt is pretty definitively claiming an assassination attempt took place.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/795075052098224129

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    JimmyV said:

mfc2006 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

ugh....
    is it over yet????
    Unless we get a repeat of Florida y2k. :anguished:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited November 2016
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mfc2006 said:

Watching his NV speech right now.....he is certifiably insane. Praising Rudy & lying left and right.

Just saw secret service rush him off stage. Early reports of somebody with firearm at front of stage. He's back on now but that was nuts.
    I'm sure Trump will be claiming it was Hillary herself. And his supporters will believe him.
    Trump probably staged the whole thing to try and get his supporters riled and to garner some kind of sympathy or something fucked up like that. Wouldn't put it past him. (Yup, I guess I'm the apologist that in hiding predicted, haha! Not sure who I am an apologist for, but hey I'll take it, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited November 2016
    Good old wolf blitzer getting his orders questions topics to discuss from the DNC.

https://youtu.be/s9xokE0fRok

Subject: Trump Questions for CNN

Wolf Blitzer is interviewing Trump on Tues ahead of his foreign policy address on Wed.

Please send me thoughts by 10:30 AM tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Post edited by JC29856 on
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited November 2016
    So here we are. One day to go. Here is where all of the major models are...

To Win presidency
    NYT: 84% D

538: 64% D

HUFFPOST: 99% D

PW: 89% D

PEC: >99% D

DK: 87% D

COOK: Lean D

ROTH 1: Lean D

SABATO: Likely D
    www.myspace.com

JimmyV said:

mfc2006 said:

JimmyV said:

BS44325 said:

JimmyV said:

ugh....
    is it over yet????
    Unless we get a repeat of Florida y2k. :anguished:
    That was only possible because that election was so close. This election will not be. We will know no later than when the polls close in California, if not earlier.

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    edited November 2016
    Sorry if this has been brought up in here before...it is the day before the election.

On September 11th, 2001, Donald Trump called into a TV show in NY, and said this...

“40 Wall Street,” he said, referring to his 71-story building blocks away from the now-collapsed twin towers, “actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest—and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest. And now it’s the tallest.”

September 11th he said this.

http://bit.ly/2cspghV

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    Tiki said:

Sorry if this has been brought up in here before...it is the day before the election.

On September 11th, 2001, Donald Trump called into a TV show in NY, and said this...

“40 Wall Street,” he said, referring to his 71-story building blocks away from the now-collapsed twin towers, “actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest—and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest. And now it’s the tallest.”

OMG!!!!!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    Tiki said:

yeah, heard this a while ago. shows his true character.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    so im away from the boards for the weekend and come back to people believing that Trump planned a fake assassination yet they can't believe that any of the wikileaks or corruption of Clinton is true...gotcha
  • pjalive21 said:

so im away from the boards for the weekend and come back to people believing that Trump planned a fake assassination yet they can't believe that any of the wikileaks or corruption of Clinton is true...gotcha

What people are you referring to?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818

pjalive21 said:

What people are you referring to?
    couple pages back
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    I don't think anyone doesn't believe it. it's just.....all the "proof" that has been presented......including Clinton getting advice from staffers on how to apologize to a marginilized group of people on a very sensitive topic....amounts to zero. it's like tonfig is posting emails from some random corporate communications manager. there's simply nothing there.

and to an extent, Trump is such a cartoon character, not because he's republican, makes it somewhat believable that he'd pull a stunt like that. I'm not saying he did, I don't know enough about the circumstances to comment on it, but just hearing it next to Trump's name, my first thought was "yeah, I could see that".
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

pjalive21 said:

i thought the guy was linked to hilliary?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JC29856 said:
    I have many black friends! Here's one!
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.