Trump

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

the big question is how does the republican party rebuild after this.

yep....clearly being the party that obstructs and just constantly criticizes doesn't work.

I really don't have an answer. The country is shifting left and the GOP just doesn't identify.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

There is no way Georgia flips, but if it is coming to this, it is going to be the biggest blowout in ages

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

The saddest part of this Trump disaster is that it will be even more difficult for a semi outsider to penetrate the RNC and DNC. As if there aren't enough barriers to entry.
    I am curious to see where the Dems go over the next 4 years or so. For the past 8 years it was more or less a given that the candidate would be either Hillary or Biden. Now we will likely be getting at least 4 years of Hillary. What happens after that? Kaine is the easy answer, but I don't really see it.

Corey Booker is clearly setting himself up for a run and Julian Castro is a name to watch, but not a ton of folks with big time experience. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Cuban is an outsider to watch with how involved he has gotten this year.
    It's a good question. How deep is our bench? Where do we go next? The three names you have here are the common ones, but I'm not sure about Castro for the reason you point out. We definitely need some young blood in the Senate to step up. There is a dearth of talent at the governor level since Dems have struggled with those elections. City mayors are more prevalent, but that is thin experience. Tim Kaine certainly would have the right profile and experience in four years and it's the 'easy' choice, but the Democratic bench is starting to age.
    Yeah, not a lot of names. Not sure the major of South Bend, Indiana is going to get it done, haha. Will be interesting and agreed on all accounts.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/24/opinion/sunday/14-young-democrats-to-watch.html

ha, well yes, I think the GOP has slightly bigger issues to deal with than the Dems trying to figure out who their next big star is...

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    BS44325 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Mods or those who disagree, who see it otherwise...fine - and feel free to scold me for this, but as a woman (and I know men have been affected as well), among the many who've been subjected to the "grab a pussy" mindset by clueless misogynistic hateful assholes, may I offer a generous and ever-so-gentle "fuck screw you" to those who don't get how such disgusting, intrusive, invasive, utterly messed up thoughts (and actions) have come down on a shitload of us.

The mindset is a very difficult subject to tackle, it could and should have it's on thread with 72k page views. Unfortunately many many things have contributed and sustained that mindset and until we become fully aware of the resulting actions and consequences on both sides nothing will change.
    The problem I have with this is obvious, that some just accept that behavior as boys being boys, and it's that acceptances that has contributed and sustained the mindset that leads to acting on.
    Like I said many many contribution factors now and thoughtout the years to this.
    Thank you - this was my intent, though admittedly - yet unapologetically - emotional.

I agree with what you wrote Hedo but I guess my question is how do you weigh it against the actions of Bill and/or the shaming of victims that Hillary participated in to help save their political career. This is clear cut talk vs action. I happen to be disgusted by all of them yet weigh Bill and Hillary's actions over the years as worse. If one should be "disqualified" shouldn't all three of them be and if none are disqualified then people are still left with the choice between two disgusting people. I don't see how the logic can work any other way unless people are willing to give Hillary a pass for the shaming she participated in.
    Good question - I'm not sure I can. To me, they're of different weights.

B and gambo, thank you for your kind words earlier.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

There is no way Georgia flips, but if it is coming to this, it is going to be the biggest blowout in ages

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

The saddest part of this Trump disaster is that it will be even more difficult for a semi outsider to penetrate the RNC and DNC. As if there aren't enough barriers to entry.
    I am curious to see where the Dems go over the next 4 years or so. For the past 8 years it was more or less a given that the candidate would be either Hillary or Biden. Now we will likely be getting at least 4 years of Hillary. What happens after that? Kaine is the easy answer, but I don't really see it.

Corey Booker is clearly setting himself up for a run and Julian Castro is a name to watch, but not a ton of folks with big time experience. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Cuban is an outsider to watch with how involved he has gotten this year.
    Don't rule out Kaine becoming president before 2020.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.
    But again...NBC had no problem hiring Howard Stern to be a judge on America's Got Talent. I love Stern and so does pretty much everyone and the double standard that is being applied to Billy Bush is ridiculous. NBC had and knew about this tape for years yet had no problem paying Trump. It is faux outrage and Bush just happened to be caught in the crossfire.
    the difference is everyone knows who Stern is. his shock value is gone, and has been for a long time. billy bush seemed like the type of guy they wanted to portray as this squeaky clean little brother type. and coverage of the presidential election is exponentially bigger than a talent show.

I don't really have the answers to that. as yes, it does seem inconsistent. I'm sure there's more to it.
    I think that's exactly what it is. And it's the Today show which is their white suburban homemaker friendly show. He became a liability quickly.
    And both Trump and Stern made NBC boatloads of money. When the money is rolling in the outrage becomes far more selective. Billy Bush was expendable. Rules are for the little people.
    What planet are you on where Billy Bush is a "little people"? You guys are ridiculous.

Who really gives a shit about Billy Bush? That little shit will make out just fine. Talk about feigned sympathy.
    Right? Why does anyone care that the Today Show didn't like what he said and fired him?? TV hosts get fired all the time for much less.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

yep....clearly being the party that obstructs and just constantly criticizes doesn't work.

I really don't have an answer. The country is shifting left and the GOP just doesn't identify.
    What will you do when the money runs out? You can only squeeze a rock so much.
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.
    But again...NBC had no problem hiring Howard Stern to be a judge on America's Got Talent. I love Stern and so does pretty much everyone and the double standard that is being applied to Billy Bush is ridiculous. NBC had and knew about this tape for years yet had no problem paying Trump. It is faux outrage and Bush just happened to be caught in the crossfire.
    the difference is everyone knows who Stern is. his shock value is gone, and has been for a long time. billy bush seemed like the type of guy they wanted to portray as this squeaky clean little brother type. and coverage of the presidential election is exponentially bigger than a talent show.

I don't really have the answers to that. as yes, it does seem inconsistent. I'm sure there's more to it.
    I think that's exactly what it is. And it's the Today show which is their white suburban homemaker friendly show. He became a liability quickly.
    And both Trump and Stern made NBC boatloads of money. When the money is rolling in the outrage becomes far more selective. Billy Bush was expendable. Rules are for the little people.
    What planet are you on where Billy Bush is a "little people"? You guys are ridiculous.

Who really gives a shit about Billy Bush? That little shit will make out just fine. Talk about feigned sympathy.
    Right? Why does anyone care that the Today Show didn't like what he said and fired him?? TV hosts get fired all the time for much less.
    And we are talking about a show who's demographic is educated middle aged women, no shit he isn't keeping his job...
    JC29856 said:

JWPearl said:

lol are you trying to be funny

What if he was reading from a script?
    :dizzy:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    unsung said:

What will you do when the money runs out? You can only squeeze a rock so much.
    The money is there. It will always be there.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited October 2016

I'm worried that the holy rollers are going to rise up again. To be honest, I can't think of any high profile Republicans who are just normal fiscal conservatives who would appeal to moderates and who didn't support Trump. It seems like everyone positioned to take the lead in building the GOP back up are pretty fanatical in one way or another.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-dressing-room-miss-teen-usa

This is bad...much worse than emails

Four former contestants in the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant told Buzzfeed News that Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while they were changing clothes.

"I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my god, there’s a man in here,'" Mariah Billado, former Miss Vermont Teen USA, told Buzzfeed News.

Billado said that Trump said something along the lines of, "Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before," when he walked into the room.

As Buzzfeed News noted, girls as young as 15 competed in the pageant, and contestants told Buzzfeed that the dressing rooms were typically open spaces without barriers shielding them while they changed clothes.

Three other former contestants in the Miss Teen USA pageant confirmed to Buzzfeed News that Trump walked into the dressing room, but they asked to not be named. One former contestant said that Trump's decision to enter the dressing room was "shocking" and "creepy," according to Buzzfeed News.

Buzzfeed News reached out to 49 of the 51 contestants who competed in 1997, and 11 of them don't recall Trump walking into the dressing room. And none of the 15 women who spoke with Buzzfeed News said that Trump said anything sexually explicit or made physical contact with any of the contestants.

Trump had previously bragged about being able to walk into pageant dressing rooms when he owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA contests, but it had not been clear whether he had walked into a room with teenage girls who were changing.

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,” Trump told Howard Stern in 2005, according to recordings released Saturday by CNN. “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”
    IMO, his obsessive involvement with beauty pageants alone is enough to make a thinking, caring person take pause.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Kat said:
    sickening. i can't believe that men act like this. do these men not have mothers, wives, daughters?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Kat said:
    Pig...

edited October 2016
    rgambs said:

Four former contestants in the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant told Buzzfeed News that Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while they were changing clothes.

"I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my god, there’s a man in here,'" Mariah Billado, former Miss Vermont Teen USA, told Buzzfeed News.

Billado said that Trump said something along the lines of, "Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before," when he walked into the room.

As Buzzfeed News noted, girls as young as 15 competed in the pageant, and contestants told Buzzfeed that the dressing rooms were typically open spaces without barriers shielding them while they changed clothes.

Three other former contestants in the Miss Teen USA pageant confirmed to Buzzfeed News that Trump walked into the dressing room, but they asked to not be named. One former contestant said that Trump's decision to enter the dressing room was "shocking" and "creepy," according to Buzzfeed News.

Buzzfeed News reached out to 49 of the 51 contestants who competed in 1997, and 11 of them don't recall Trump walking into the dressing room. And none of the 15 women who spoke with Buzzfeed News said that Trump said anything sexually explicit or made physical contact with any of the contestants.

Trump had previously bragged about being able to walk into pageant dressing rooms when he owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA contests, but it had not been clear whether he had walked into a room with teenage girls who were changing.

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,” Trump told Howard Stern in 2005, according to recordings released Saturday by CNN. “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”
    IMO, his obsessive involvement with beauty pageants alone is enough to make a thinking, caring person take pause.
    Agreed (I wonder how many pu$$ies he's grabbed backstage at beauty pageants? He certainly does seem to like hanging around at them). I actually think that a man who thinks those pageants are anything other than demeaning to women isn't fit to be President. Someone who doesn't understand why they are demeaning to women and a bad influence for girls shouldn't be representing women as a leader.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    pjhawks said:

Kat said:
    sickening. i can't believe that men act like this. do these men not have mothers, wives, daughters?
    "with great power comes great grope-ability".
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Kat said:
    Her not calling this person out only further enables him to do this to other people. I agree with her message, but am skeptical of her experience...not that I'm calling her a liar, but it seems like she was in a position to bring the fucker down seeing as how there were supposedly many witnesses...
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm worried that the holy rollers are going to rise up again. To be honest, I can't think of any high profile Republicans who are just normal fiscal conservatives who would appeal to moderates and who didn't support Trump. It seems like everyone positioned to take the lead in building the GOP back up are pretty fanatical in one way or another.
    I've posted this before - my husband's family were super Republican supporters, his mom was on the National Republican committee, but they were moderates. His mom lost her position when the religious right made an effort to take over the party. They're fiscal conservatives. And no one represents them any more.

Needless to say, they hate Trump. They also hate the holy rollers. So where do they go?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Move past the beginning garbage about just before mid way...Hilliary staffers only registering dems and ripping up voter registration forms. The Team Leader says yes our okay to rip them up.
    Just politics being politics, happens "both sides" so it make it right.

https://youtu.be/-NTq1tlBwqI
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited October 2016
    Sorry if this has been mentioned, but....umm, Utah is tied according to the latest poll conducted this week:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

Evan McMullen pulling in 22% clearly crushing Trump's support. That state hasn't gone democrat since the 60's so the fact that Trump may have to devote some time and money there is pretty amazing....

www.myspace.com
    edited October 2016
    Look how Pence dealt with this fucking moron at a town hall event.... Interesting. The most surprising thing might be that Pence is still pretending to think that Trump will win. Although his bullshit about how much of a problem voter fraud is is also very disturbing. With him and Trump talking like that, these fucking idiots are going to believe that the election results in November are fraudulent. But at least he waves off her revolution comment, and encourages people to get involved. Nothing wrong with that part of his message. But it's not voter fraud that is the issue, it's the screwed up election policies.
    But actually, this dumb-fuck woman does scare me, because it's far from the first time where I've seen these brainwashed kooks talk about a revolution/civil war. Yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qA9jPP5tnc

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but....umm, Utah is tied according to the latest poll conducted this week:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

Evan McMullen pulling in 22% clearly crushing Trump's support. That state hasn't gone democrat since the 60's so the fact that Trump may have to devote some time and money there is pretty amazing....

Utah tied?!?! That is crazy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

Jesus H. This would be like the high school principal going into the girls locker room whenever he pleased. At a minimum he'd be hunted down and strung up, and definitely crossed off the potential presidents list.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    If only the media had vetted that candidate during the primaries. That's beyond creepy; it's criminal everywhere else.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

If only the media had vetted that candidate during the primaries. That's beyond creepy; it's criminal everywhere else.

You can bet that the GOP wishes they would have booted his ass out during the primaries. They would still lose but at least the party would be intact.

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    In what kind of banana republic does a federal government punish it's political enemies!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    BS44325 said:

In what kind of banana republic does a federal government punish it's political enemies!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666

Federal prosecutors made the charge, not politicians. Do you not see the difference? Are you arguing that elected officials or law enforcement officers should be exempt from criminal charges?
    BS44325 said:

The kind of banana republic that enforces its laws?

This discussion has been closed.