Trump

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Trumps words on the Billy Bush recording about women maybe were actually not his own words, would that matter?
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol are you trying to be funny
    JWPearl said:

lol are you trying to be funny

What if he was reading from a script?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871

mickeyrat said:

at his rally in Panama City, Fl Trump urged his supporterd to show up in force to vote and keep the movement alive. On Nov 28. show up and vote on Nov 28...

Easy teleprompter misktake to make.
    It is better than President Barack Obama has blasted Donald Trump's recent remarks about women, saying they would be intolerable even for someone applying for a job at a 7-Eleven convenience store.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37627088
    being unshackled means freeform speaking. besides as a person running for that or any office and you cant remember what day voting day is? maybe you should stick to your day job.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

mickeyrat said:

at his rally in Panama City, Fl Trump urged his supporterd to show up in force to vote and keep the movement alive. On Nov 28. show up and vote on Nov 28...

It is better than President Barack Obama has blasted Donald Trump's recent remarks about women, saying they would be intolerable even for someone applying for a job at a 7-Eleven convenience store.

mickeyrat said:

What are you talking about? How so?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    America 2016

Where certain talk is worse than selling Arms to ISIS.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    He's now just campaigning with the hate message no policy talk at all , just hate for HC and rigged elections what a fool !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    unsung said:

America 2016

Where certain talk is worse than selling Arms to ISIS.

Yup...
    If your reading from a script are they your words?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532

try to follow along. i named a very basic characteristic of what the president should be held to, and trump simply cannot be held to it. not even fucking close. if one reason disqualifies you, whats the need to mention the other 375 reasons? which have been mentioned ad nauseum, i might add.

the solution is to vote hillary. dont like it? stick it out for 4 years. you'll be fine.

Exactly....8 years of Obama (who was supposed to bring an end to America as we know it) have turned out just fine.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Would the response be proportional if Trump did this?

https://youtu.be/04PnV1IngGM
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited October 2016
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Mods or those who disagree, who see it otherwise...fine - and feel free to scold me for this, but as a woman (and I know men have been affected as well), among the many who've been subjected to the "grab a pussy" mindset by clueless misogynistic hateful assholes, may I offer a generous and ever-so-gentle "fuck screw you" to those who don't get how such disgusting, intrusive, invasive, utterly messed up thoughts (and actions) have come down on a shitload of us.

The mindset is a very difficult subject to tackle, it could and should have it's on thread with 72k page views. Unfortunately many many things have contributed and sustained that mindset and until we become fully aware of the resulting actions and consequences on both sides nothing will change.
    The problem I have with this is obvious, that some just accept that behavior as boys being boys, and it's that acceptances that has contributed and sustained the mindset that leads to acting on.
    Like I said many many contribution factors now and thoughtout the years to this.
    Thank you - this was my intent, though admittedly - yet unapologetically - emotional.

I agree with what you wrote Hedo but I guess my question is how do you weigh it against the actions of Bill and/or the shaming of victims that Hillary participated in to help save their political career. This is clear cut talk vs action. I happen to be disgusted by all of them yet weigh Bill and Hillary's actions over the years as worse. If one should be "disqualified" shouldn't all three of them be and if none are disqualified then people are still left with the choice between two disgusting people. I don't see how the logic can work any other way unless people are willing to give Hillary a pass for the shaming she participated in.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

Trumps words on the Billy Bush recording about women maybe were actually not his own words, would that matter?

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    Wouldn't he or Billy Bush had denied it if that were the case?
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    It's a what if question not a claim.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    Ahhh ok.
    Not interested then lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    If he would have been reading from a script he would have already told us that.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • What if Trump was reading from a script?
    It would be dull and monotone like when he is forced on to teleprompter for his stump hate speeches because he keeps having mental breakdowns when ad-libbing.
    Plus he wouldn't understand what he was saying as I believe he has zero reading comprehension.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    edited October 2016
    This pretty much sums it up ...

"Donald Trump is like a wounded animal in the forest just thrashing out at anything in his field of vision — he's unhinged," said Ryan Williams, a former spokesman for 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

He added: "Any loyalty to the party he may have had is gone. He's never really been a team player. It's clear he does not care about the Republican Party or anyone else who is running on the ballot this year. This is all about Donald Trump."
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Jason P said:

He added: "Any loyalty to the party he may have had is gone. He's never really been a team player. It's clear he does not care about the Republican Party or anyone else who is running on the ballot this year. This is all about Donald Trump."

Trump has never said otherwise.
    He has been saying since day one his competitors are losers and should get out of his way.
    What is your point?
    The peanut gallery is on the sidelines dissing a man.

JC29856 said:

rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

Source?

Come on, don't be coy!
    If he would have been reading from a script he would have already told us that.
    Just trying to get a consensus on script reading and whether if reading a script that someone else wrote are your words or the authors.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016

mickeyrat said:

What are you talking about? How so?
    If Trump or any repub said this they would immediately be attacked for insulting people that work at 7 11 as if they are a lower class people.
    We all know that is not true right?
    It would be like saying that even janitors would find Trumps remarks appalling.
    I as neither a janitor or a 7 11 worker find the vociferous undermining democrat liberal hate insulting.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    JC29856 said:

We all know he is Satan's ventriloquist dummy, and no it doesn't make us feel any better.

JC29856 said:

We all know he is Satan's ventriloquist dummy, and no it doesn't make us feel any better.
    Not trying to make you feel better was attempting to draw cl comparison to Hilliary script reading in above YouTube clip.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    edited October 2016

If Trump or any repub said this they would immediately be attacked for insulting people that work at 7 11 as if they are a lower class people.
    We all know that is not true right?
    It would be like saying that even janitors would find Trumps remarks appalling.
    I as neither a janitor or a 7 11 worker find the vociferous undermining democrat liberal hate insulting.

I see where this is coming from. every time I read something like this I think to myself "would this anger me if it came from the right?". It might, to be honest, but context is everything. if Romney had said it, no. if mccain had said it, no. if Trump had said it, yes. if guiliani had said it, yes. if pence had said it, no. it's all in the intent and the person's history.

obviously all he meant was that type of talk isn't fit for an entry level position at a convenience store that requires no education or real consequences for failing in your responsibilities to 300 million people.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016
    There is no way Georgia flips, but if it is coming to this, it is going to be the biggest blowout in ages

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/us/politics/donald-trump-gop.html

There is no way Georgia flips, but if it is coming to this, it is going to be the biggest blowout in ages

The saddest part of this Trump disaster is that it will be even more difficult for a semi outsider to penetrate the RNC and DNC. As if there aren't enough barriers to entry.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-dressing-room-miss-teen-usa

This is bad...much worse than emails
    Four former contestants in the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant told Buzzfeed News that Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while they were changing clothes.

"I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my god, there’s a man in here,'" Mariah Billado, former Miss Vermont Teen USA, told Buzzfeed News.

Billado said that Trump said something along the lines of, "Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before," when he walked into the room.

As Buzzfeed News noted, girls as young as 15 competed in the pageant, and contestants told Buzzfeed that the dressing rooms were typically open spaces without barriers shielding them while they changed clothes.

Three other former contestants in the Miss Teen USA pageant confirmed to Buzzfeed News that Trump walked into the dressing room, but they asked to not be named. One former contestant said that Trump's decision to enter the dressing room was "shocking" and "creepy," according to Buzzfeed News.

Buzzfeed News reached out to 49 of the 51 contestants who competed in 1997, and 11 of them don't recall Trump walking into the dressing room. And none of the 15 women who spoke with Buzzfeed News said that Trump said anything sexually explicit or made physical contact with any of the contestants.

Trump had previously bragged about being able to walk into pageant dressing rooms when he owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA contests, but it had not been clear whether he had walked into a room with teenage girls who were changing.

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,” Trump told Howard Stern in 2005, according to recordings released Saturday by CNN. “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

JC29856 said:

The saddest part of this Trump disaster is that it will be even more difficult for a semi outsider to penetrate the RNC and DNC. As if there aren't enough barriers to entry.
    I am curious to see where the Dems go over the next 4 years or so. For the past 8 years it was more or less a given that the candidate would be either Hillary or Biden. Now we will likely be getting at least 4 years of Hillary. What happens after that? Kaine is the easy answer, but I don't really see it.

Corey Booker is clearly setting himself up for a run and Julian Castro is a name to watch, but not a ton of folks with big time experience. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Cuban is an outsider to watch with how involved he has gotten this year.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    the big question is how does the republican party rebuild after this.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

JC29856 said:

I am curious to see where the Dems go over the next 4 years or so. For the past 8 years it was more or less a given that the candidate would be either Hillary or Biden. Now we will likely be getting at least 4 years of Hillary. What happens after that? Kaine is the easy answer, but I don't really see it.

Corey Booker is clearly setting himself up for a run and Julian Castro is a name to watch, but not a ton of folks with big time experience. Will be interesting to see how it evolves.

Cuban is an outsider to watch with how involved he has gotten this year.
    It's a good question. How deep is our bench? Where do we go next? The three names you have here are the common ones, but I'm not sure about Castro for the reason you point out. We definitely need some young blood in the Senate to step up. There is a dearth of talent at the governor level since Dems have struggled with those elections. City mayors are more prevalent, but that is thin experience. Tim Kaine certainly would have the right profile and experience in four years and it's the 'easy' choice, but the Democratic bench is starting to age.
This discussion has been closed.