Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

In what kind of banana republic does a federal government punish it's political enemies!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666

Federal prosecutors made the charge, not politicians. Do you not see the difference? Are you arguing that elected officials or law enforcement officers should be exempt from criminal charges?
    I am not arguing that at all. Just illustrating that to do this is not exactly scandalous. Apparently when Trump suggested it just the other day it was the end of the world.
    You let the professionals do the job. You don't declare her guilty. There's a huge difference. I know you understand this.
    As I said earlier...he can name a like minded attorney general who if confirmed by the senate can then appoint a special prosecutor to investigate. We all know that Obama weighed in on 60 minutes during the investigation period and nobody seemed to mind. I'm sure you know this.
    Yes he could do all those things. But it's his words that are so destructive. He normalizes the abnormal.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not exactly encouraging when it comes to men and their values, is it? What gives? I say that as someone who likes men btw. But.... I don't know how to say it's extremely disturbing that the majority of men support Trump without sounding like I might be insulting men, sorry. Anyway, is this a commentary on something deeper? What's wrong with a society that causes the majority of men to support the likes of Donald Trump, even now?

It's not new. Men are cretins. Uneducated men are bigger cretins. That's his voting block right there.

*We clearly refers to the general population of men and not the subset of beta males on the AMT who are pretty unrepresentative of males as a whole.
    Speak for yourself.

I am. That's what I said. You can be in mrussel's "cretin" category if you wish.
    Btw, these allegations tonight are pretty damaging. He states the tape were just words. But now we have people that are claiming he did, what he said he does. And voting has started.
    mrussel1 said:

Btw, these allegations tonight are pretty damaging. He states the tape were just words. But now we have people that are claiming he did, what he said he does. And voting has started.

They are damaging. I await the ladies of The View to call these girls "Tramps" just like they did to Bill and Hillary's victims.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

In what kind of banana republic does a federal government punish it's political enemies!?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666

Federal prosecutors made the charge, not politicians. Do you not see the difference? Are you arguing that elected officials or law enforcement officers should be exempt from criminal charges?
    I am not arguing that at all. Just illustrating that to do this is not exactly scandalous. Apparently when Trump suggested it just the other day it was the end of the world.
    You let the professionals do the job. You don't declare her guilty. There's a huge difference. I know you understand this.
    As I said earlier...he can name a like minded attorney general who if confirmed by the senate can then appoint a special prosecutor to investigate. We all know that Obama weighed in on 60 minutes during the investigation period and nobody seemed to mind. I'm sure you know this.
    Yes he could do all those things. But it's his words that are so destructive. He normalizes the abnormal.
    The Clinton's actions over the course of 30 years have normalized the abnormal. Those actions have been destructive. Some would say they gave us Trump.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Donald Trump accused of groping and kissing, as 3 women come forward

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-nyt-women-allegations-1.3802591

I'm sure we will here of more women coming forward.
  • mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not exactly encouraging when it comes to men and their values, is it? What gives? I say that as someone who likes men btw. But.... I don't know how to say it's extremely disturbing that the majority of men support Trump without sounding like I might be insulting men, sorry. Anyway, is this a commentary on something deeper? What's wrong with a society that causes the majority of men to support the likes of Donald Trump, even now?

It's not new. Men are cretins. Uneducated men are bigger cretins. That's his voting block right there.
    Ha. What a joke. "Men are cretins." It is exactly that kind of comment and/or belief that explains why the majority support Trump. No matter how we behave these days we are all just sexists, misogynists, rapists, blah, blah, blah. We* are so sick of this nonsense to the point when even a real jerk like Trump comes along we just don't care anymore.

*We clearly refers to the general population of men and not the subset of beta males on the AMT who are pretty unrepresentative of males as a whole.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ha. What a joke. "Men are cretins." It is exactly that kind of comment and/or belief that explains why the majority support Trump. No matter how we behave these days we are all just sexists, misogynists, rapists, blah, blah, blah. We* are so sick of this nonsense to the point when even a real jerk like Trump comes along we just don't care anymore.

I'm a cretin. I know it. But I keep myself in check. That's the difference.
    You really should give yourself more credit cretin.
    To lump all males into the domain as cretins really puts us in a position of being equal to females.
    Think higher like Trump!
    Onwards and upwards!
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

I am. That's what I said. You can be in mrussel's "cretin" category if you wish.
    That's not everything you said.

You stick to defending Trump, looks great on you.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm a cretin. I know it. But I keep myself in check. That's the difference.
    You really should give yourself more credit cretin.
    To lump all males into the domain as cretins really puts us in a position of being equal to females.
    Think higher like Trump!
    Onwards and upwards!
    My sincere wish is that I could be half the human being that my wife is... I'm not even close to being equal to her.
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

Clearly you haven't read one of my posts because if you had you would see that I don't defend Trump. I just happen to choose Trump Terrible over Hillary Terrible. Hard for the automatic haters to grasp I know.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

Clearly you haven't read one of my posts because if you had you would see that I don't defend Trump. I just happen to choose Trump Terrible over Hillary Terrible. Hard for the automatic haters to grasp I know.
    I still don't get. He's so fucking crazy and irrational. Plus I believe you consider yourself a neocon, or interventionist. I would think HRC's muscular foreign policy is closer to you than Trump's non-existent policy.
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

I still don't get. He's so fucking crazy and irrational. Plus I believe you consider yourself a neocon, or interventionist. I would think HRC's muscular foreign policy is closer to you than Trump's non-existent policy.
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

The Clinton's actions over the course of 30 years have normalized the abnormal. Those actions have been destructive. Some would say they gave us Trump.
    It started with Richard Nixon and Kissinger, followed by Rayguns but the bushies took it to a completely different level altogether. 30 years of Clinton pale in comparison to the crimes of the previous 3 and 1 post republican administrations. The republican party's inability to deal with a black president and a horrible candidate in trump gave us trump. You own that.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    assuming trump doesn't win :prayer: , I am intrigued as to who will be the republican nominee in 2020 and what the party will look like.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

Yeah, I know....you prefer someone who admittedly sexually assaults women to somebody who is married to a man who allegedly sexually assaults women.

Only mouth-breathing Trump supporters are buying that false equivalency.

You're right, I do have trouble grasping that.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Trump really going to sue the ny times who I think is probably a little more prepared for a libel case than trump and open himself up to discovery?

Trump really going to sue the ny times who I think is probably a little more prepared for a libel case than trump and open himself up to discovery?

No.. these women are on tape saying it happened. There is no libel there by the NYT. In theory if he could disprove their stories then perhaps he could sue them for negligence I guess? Either way, it ain't happening.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

I think in the campaign he has been a complete nut job but on the whole of his career I don't think he has been crazy or irriational at all. If anything over the course of his business career he has been quite shrewd...sure he took some risks and lost but that's how business goes and for the most part he has been successful. I also look at his family because I think you can tell a lot about people from how they raise their children and while I know the campaign has hardened people's attitudes about his family if you just rewind a little bit to a point before he got into politics you would say that they are all quite impressive. Does that mean everything? Certainly not but it tells me that behind the raving carnival barker there is more intelligence and discipline then people are willing to give him credit for. Insert your guffaws here but I still don't think he is a lunatic at his core...for now it's just a show. Second I think his policies are malleable and in this age of hardened ideology I don't think that is such a bad thing. My guess is he will make proper appointments and get the right advisors in place that could allow him to make smart foreign and domestic policy decisions. I see the world as very perilous and the decisions that will be necessary are going to be extremely difficult and likely unpopular as there will be no easy answers. Whoever is in charge will have to have the strength to make those decisions and more importantly have the spine to see those decisions through. I think Trump the candidate has been terrible when I judge him to the alternative it still seems like the only choice to make. As I've said previously I believe Hillary is corrupt, incompetent and compromised and I think she is too entrenched in the status quo to make the difficult decisions necessary. Even though her foreign policy is traditionally closer too mine I don't believe she has the fortitude to stand up to the left wing of the democratic party. She proved this when she ran from her vote on Iraq when Obama got to her left. People can argue that the war in Iraq was the greatest foreign policy mistake but I would argue that withdrawal from Iraq was the second. She was on board for both of those decisions. So it might not make any sense to the outside observer but when I see these two terrible people in these terrible times I am going to choose his terrible over her's.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    mrussel1 said:

No.. these women are on tape saying it happened. There is no libel there by the NYT. In theory if he could disprove their stories then perhaps he could sue them for negligence I guess? Either way, it ain't happening.
    Plus he was on tape saying he did these things

They are saying a lawsuit is being drafted but they have to be full of shit
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

Yeah, I know....you prefer someone who admittedly sexually assaults women to somebody who is married to a man who allegedly sexually assaults women.

The "somebody" victim-shamed those women. You left that part out. I would be happy to see neither of the two (three?) in the white house but if I had to choose I would choose his terrible over her's.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I'll say this, we haven't seen nor heard nearly half of it!
    I've made reference to this in previous posts but keep on eye on this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-rape-lawsuit
    BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

The "somebody" victim-shamed those women. You left that part out. I would be happy to see neither of the two (three?) in the white house but if I had to choose I would choose his terrible over her's.
    Okay, lets just say she victim shamed them. How is that worse than actually being the perpetrator?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:

I'll say this, we haven't seen nor heard nearly half of it!
    I've made reference to this in previous posts but keep on eye on this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-rape-lawsuit

Key words: Epstein, 13 year old and rape.

Explosive!!
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,022
    edited October 2016
    @mrussel1
    My sincere wish is that I could be half the human being that my wife is... I'm not even close to being equal to her.
    I had to come out of just reading mode to applaud you for that post.
    Post edited by RunIntoTheRain on
    dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

dignin said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Speak for yourself.

Okay, lets just say she victim shamed them. How is that worse than actually being the perpetrator?
    Well... 1) To those abused women it is just as bad. They could not receive justice and had to live in fear. Their lives matter. 2) In theory the victim shaming of Juanita Broaddrick allowed the offender to become a repeat offender i.e. Paula Jones. Nobody put a stop to his behaviour and his entitlement with women continued. That being said I don't have to make a decision as to "what is actually worse". I can decide that it all disgusts me and yet I am still stuck with the same choice.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    dignin said:

Donald Trump accused of groping and kissing, as 3 women come forward

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-nyt-women-allegations-1.3802591

I'm sure we will here of more women coming forward.

Not for Trump, but is the timing of this a bit curious?

@mrussel1

I applaud it as well but that's the kind of thing we all have to say isn't it? I feel the exact same way about my wife but in relationships we all have rolls to play. Mine are no more important then her's and her's are no more important then mine and there are times where she would say the above about me. The sentiment is applauded but I would never lower myself or my gender to that of "cretin". Sure that's popular in academia these days but it is for the most part utter nonsense.
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said: RunIntoTheRain@mrussel1

I applaud it as well but that's the kind of thing we all have to say isn't it? I feel the exact same way about my wife but in relationships we all have rolls to play. Mine are no more important then her's and her's are no more important then mine and there are times where she would say the above about me. The sentiment is applauded but I would never lower myself or my gender to that of "cretin". Sure that's popular in academia these days but it is for the most part utter nonsense.

It's tongue in cheek. Lighten up. And we are cretins. That doesn't mean we are immoral demons. It means we pee on the toilet, fart when we shouldn't, throw our socks in random places and probably make crude jokes.
    Some people take it too far...and then they run for President.
  • The great thing about this thread is that it is bringing people out of the dust ball corners and compels them to post.
    Trump is bringing people that may or may not support him in droves to the polls and will bring many people out on Nov8.
    Gotta admit Trump sure makes people talk.
    The radlibs sure make him want to shut up though, their equilibrium hasn't been right for a year.

This discussion has been closed.