Trump

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Mods or those who disagree, who see it otherwise...fine - and feel free to scold me for this, but as a woman (and I know men have been affected as well), among the many who've been subjected to the "grab a pussy" mindset by clueless misogynistic hateful assholes, may I offer a generous and ever-so-gentle "fuck screw you" to those who don't get how such disgusting, intrusive, invasive, utterly messed up thoughts (and actions) have come down on a shitload of us.

there you go again, making zero sense. how is my statement in any way neutral?

A broad outline and expectations of the POTUS especially coming from a Canadian with no solutions.
    And this "Canadian" bullshit?

Bring your solutions then...no need to resort to cheap shots.
  • hedonist said:

Mods or those who disagree, who see it otherwise...fine - and feel free to scold me for this, but as a woman (and I know men have been affected as well), among the many who've been subjected to the "grab a pussy" mindset by clueless misogynistic hateful assholes, may I offer a generous and ever-so-gentle "fuck screw you" to those who don't get how such disgusting, intrusive, invasive, utterly messed up thoughts (and actions) have come down on a shitload of us.

What does this have to do with Trump?

hedonist said:

What does this have to do with Trump?
    Keep up. It's right up there.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    try to follow along. i named a very basic characteristic of what the president should be held to, and trump simply cannot be held to it. not even fucking close. if one reason disqualifies you, whats the need to mention the other 375 reasons? which have been mentioned ad nauseum, i might add.

the solution is to vote hillary. dont like it? stick it out for 4 years. you'll be fine.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonist said:

there you go again, making zero sense. how is my statement in any way neutral?

A broad outline and expectations of the POTUS especially coming from a Canadian with no solutions.
    And this "Canadian" bullshit?

Bring your solutions then...no need to resort to cheap shots.
    If your elections didn't last forever then you would likely bring out somewhat electable officials.
    USA is terrible for electing POTUS.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hedonist said:

The mindset is a very difficult subject to tackle, it could and should have it's on thread with 72k page views. Unfortunately many many things have contributed and sustained that mindset and until we become fully aware of the resulting actions and consequences on both sides nothing will change.
    The problem I have with this is obvious, that some just accept that behavior as boys being boys, and it's that acceptances that has contributed and sustained the mindset that leads to acting on.
    Like I said many many contribution factors now and thoughtout the years to this.
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

The mindset is a very difficult subject to tackle, it could and should have it's on thread with 72k page views. Unfortunately many many things have contributed and sustained that mindset and until we become fully aware of the resulting actions and consequences on both sides nothing will change.
    The problem I have with this is obvious, that some just accept that behavior as boys being boys, and it's that acceptances that has contributed and sustained the mindset that leads to acting on.
    Like I said many many contribution factors now and thoughtout the years to this.
    Thank you - this was my intent, though admittedly - yet unapologetically - emotional.

• hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Thank you - this was my intent, though admittedly - yet unapologetically - emotional.

So now that that is over.
    Get back to what you think of Trump.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Yes, and that acceptance (and I'm sure this in not just an "American thing") of the problem of societies accepting "boys being boys" when they are grown supposedly into manhood and no longer are boys needs to change. Making excuses like "it's just lock room talk" doesn't cut it. It's embarrassing to see grown men act like they're still 13. Beyond embarrassing, it's infuriating when they act like young teens at a woman's expense and people make excuses for it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ^^^
    Wow this thread is full of people that don't want it open.
    Locker room talk is all you guys have to hang him with?
    Boys being boys is a lot different than smoking a bowl with your friends and discussing the problems of the world.

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

I posted my thoughts about something pretty fucking heavy. Actually, it was difficult for me to do so. Obviously you can't begin to relate.

But yes - "now that that is over". Whew!

I can't imagine it takes THAT much to stop acting like an ass toward others and to once in a while take the high road.

brianlux said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Yes, and that acceptance (and I'm sure this in not just an "American thing") of the problem of societies accepting "boys being boys" when they are grown supposedly into manhood and no longer are boys needs to change. Making excuses like "it's just lock room talk" doesn't cut it. It's embarrassing to see grown men act like they're still 13. Beyond embarrassing, it's infuriating when they act like young teens at a woman's expense and people make excuses for it.
    The reality is it happens and it happens more often then people think or want to admit.

Maybe the trump thing will end up being a positive and bring awareness kinda like (I'm not comparing it to dog fighting it's an example) how the Vick thing brought pitbulls and dog fighting to national awareness.
    Look at college campuses and rape culture, although strides have been made, I think there still a ways away from figuring it out and bringing real awareness.
  • hedonist said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

I posted my thoughts about something pretty fucking heavy. Actually, it was difficult for me to do so.
    Fantastic!
    So I guess you are an independent that will neither vote Trump or Hillary.
    Must be difficult for you to make that decision.

^^^
    Boys being boys is a lot different than smoking a bowl with your friends and discussing the problems of the world.

Where are people discussing problems of the world?

^^^

Exhibit A
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

I posted my thoughts about something pretty fucking heavy. Actually, it was difficult for me to do so. Obviously you can't begin to relate.

I can't imagine it takes THAT much to stop acting like an ass toward others and to once in a while take the high road.

You and I may not always see eye to eye Hedo but I'll give you this- what you said was pretty fucking awesome and anyone here (most of us) who read it would take it to heart and feel the weight of it. Of course on a public forum there are always the jokers. OK, I admit it, sometimes that's me but never with something that personal and from the heart and gut. Be assured you were heard with much empathy around here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

You and I may not always see eye to eye Hedo but I'll give you this- what you said was pretty fucking awesome and anyone here (most of us) who read it would take it to heart and feel the weight of it. Of course on a public forum there are always the jokers. OK, I admit it, sometimes that's me but never with something that personal and from the heart and gut. Be assured you were heard with much empathy around here.
    Stop making it personal.
    We are in Trump thread not a messed head right?

brianlux said:

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

hedonist said:

Stop making it personal.
    We are in Trump thread not a messed head right?
    Not personal. The only one I specifically referred to as a joker was myself. And the rest of it was just support for what Hedonist said. Nothing there for you to trip on, PJF.

And yes we are in a messed head thread- the head that is called "Trump". And a strange head trip that is.

Oh, and fret not. It will not be long before we say "Ta Ta Trump" to the candidate and "Hello Trump" to the stupid reality show host or whatever mindless entertainment he will come up with next. Should be a hoot, huh?

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    ^^^
    It is inexplicable that he will either be a POTUS or have a reality show come NOV 4th.

^^^
    It is inexplicable that he will either be a POTUS or have a reality show come NOV 4th.

It's almost inexplicable that he is, period. But sadly, he is.

edited October 2016

^^^

If he becomes potus is there something equivalent to filing bankruptcy as potus that he could invoke if/when he makes bad decisions, that would release him of his responsibilities?
    edited October 2016
    JC29856 said:

^^^

If he becomes potus is there something equivalent to filing bankruptcy as potus that he could invoke if/when he makes bad decisions, that would release him of his responsibilities?
    I would ask trump this question and would love to hear his response.
    We can guess his answers...

I have responsibilities, I have big big responsibilities, many responsibilities, I have friends with responsibilities. When I'm president my responsibilities would be even bigger but you know what I won't make bad decisions because I'm responsible. Many many bad decisions are being made just look at isis, for 30 years very bad decisions but my people are responsible, I have advisors great and many advisors. My advisors are very responsible. I take these great many responsibilities very serious. Look at our deficit, totally irresponsible. Bad bad very bad decisions.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

:clap:
    My sympathy goes to you and all women (Pjsoul) who have to deal with troglodytes like Trump and my heartfelt thanks to you both and all strong women who stand and say
    THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Locker room talk? Eff that, men need to grow a pair and tell the boys who talk like that to grow up or shut up.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

hedonist said:

My sympathy goes to you and all women (Pjsoul) who have to deal with troglodytes like Trump and my heartfelt thanks to you both and all strong women who stand and say
    THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Locker room talk? Eff that, men need to grow a pair and tell the boys who talk like that to grow up or shut up.
    Exactly rgambs!
    Let's start calling spades.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Exactly rgambs!
    Let's start calling spades.
    I don't have any food for you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    at his rally in Panama City, Fl Trump urged his supporterd to show up in force to vote and keep the movement alive. On Nov 28. show up and vote on Nov 28...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

at his rally in Panama City, Fl Trump urged his supporterd to show up in force to vote and keep the movement alive. On Nov 28. show up and vote on Nov 28...

Easy teleprompter misktake to make.
    It is better than President Barack Obama has blasted Donald Trump's recent remarks about women, saying they would be intolerable even for someone applying for a job at a 7-Eleven convenience store.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37627088
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mickeyrat said:

What an idiot
    www.myspace.com
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

mickeyrat said:

What an idiot
    just remember all thats important to him is if he stays relevant never mind what principles he breaks....
This discussion has been closed.