Trump

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.
    But again...NBC had no problem hiring Howard Stern to be a judge on America's Got Talent. I love Stern and so does pretty much everyone and the double standard that is being applied to Billy Bush is ridiculous. NBC had and knew about this tape for years yet had no problem paying Trump. It is faux outrage and Bush just happened to be caught in the crossfire.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.
    Didn't NBC release the tape? But they want no part of it? Why didn't they can him 11 years ago?

Why didn't they edit it and take Billy out. It's not like NBC has a policy of not editing tapes (See: Martin, Trayvon)
    I don't know. did they? I was just wondering this not long ago, where the tape came from. maybe billy was collateral damage to them, wanting to hurt trump knowing they'd also hurt billy.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if he didn't have enemies that were willing to throw him to the lions. I guess Al Roker threw a hissy-fit at him when he tried to downplay the whole Ryan Lochte robbery re-telling.

Wait. I'm starting to connect the dots. GET ME MY TINFOIL CAP!

NBC has rights to the Olympics. After swimming and gymnastics were over, the Lochte story over-shadows the Olympic games because after swimming and gymnastics are over, no one gives a shit about the other 170 events. Bush, new to the Today show, tries to cut Lochte some slack and Roker goes apeshit because Lochte has tarnished the games (even though we find out later the Brazilians were lying out of their asses too)

Best case scenario: Lochte and Bush open their own detective agency
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

But again...NBC had no problem hiring Howard Stern to be a judge on America's Got Talent. I love Stern and so does pretty much everyone and the double standard that is being applied to Billy Bush is ridiculous. NBC had and knew about this tape for years yet had no problem paying Trump. It is faux outrage and Bush just happened to be caught in the crossfire.
    the difference is everyone knows who Stern is. his shock value is gone, and has been for a long time. billy bush seemed like the type of guy they wanted to portray as this squeaky clean little brother type. and coverage of the presidential election is exponentially bigger than a talent show.

I don't really have the answers to that. as yes, it does seem inconsistent. I'm sure there's more to it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

the difference is everyone knows who Stern is. his shock value is gone, and has been for a long time. billy bush seemed like the type of guy they wanted to portray as this squeaky clean little brother type. and coverage of the presidential election is exponentially bigger than a talent show.

I don't really have the answers to that. as yes, it does seem inconsistent. I'm sure there's more to it.
    I think that's exactly what it is. And it's the Today show which is their white suburban homemaker friendly show. He became a liability quickly.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2016
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I don't care about the guy at all. I'm just saying that just his connection to Trump in that video, and how he behaved in that video alone, no matter how good his behaviour is otherwise, seems like a valid reason for the Today Show to fire him. People now connect him directly to this scandal, and that's it. Why would the Today Show want that connection? Seriously, that was really icky behaviour on his part in that video. I will never not think about it if I see his face (wouldn't have even recognized it before this).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2016
    BS44325 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Howard Stern is a shock jock who built his entire career on that behaviour. Billy Bush is a morning show host who is expected to be squeaky clean and to appeal to stay at home moms. The two are not comparable in any way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    i had no idea he was part of that bush family. wow.

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016

i had no idea he was part of that bush family. wow.

Yup. HW is his uncle, GW is his cousin (obviously). lol. I doubt they are super pleased.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I don't care about the guy at all. I'm just saying that just his connection to Trump in that video, and how he behaved in that video alone, no matter how good his behaviour is otherwise, seems like a valid reason for the Today Show to fire him. People now connect him directly to this scandal, and that's it. Why would the Today Show want that connection? Seriously, that was really icky behaviour on his part in that video. I will never not think about it if I see his face (wouldn't have even recognized it before this).
    That is witch hunting logic.
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

That is witch hunting logic.
    How do you figure? How is it witch hunting for a TV network to watch an incriminating video and decide that it damages the reputation of the employee in question enough for them to want to fire him? Are you sure you know what witch hunting is?
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    Now it was just released that Billy Bush threw himself underneath the bus at the Olympics in Rio telling friends about the hot boom mic of Trump being a dog...idiot

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    Also Rumor Has It Paul Ryan and his wife who works at NBC help leaked the Trump audio... the Republican party needs to be set afire and be done with

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/report-top-paul-ryan-advisor-leaked-trump-sex-talk-tape-wapo/
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
    pjalive21 said:

Also Rumor Has It Paul Ryan and his wife who works at NBC help leaked the Trump audio... the Republican party needs to be set afire and be done with

Are you sure about this one? Where did you read this one? That sounds like a right wing conspiracy to try to take down Ryan.

I heard about Bush bragging in Rio and that's what led people to start searching.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    pjalive21 said:

Like I said before, if you burn down the GOP, all that's left is the Trumps, the Palins, the Santorums etc
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Are you sure about this one? Where did you read this one? That sounds like a right wing conspiracy to try to take down Ryan.

I heard about Bush bragging in Rio and that's what led people to start searching.
    this is what I also read. but who knows, right?

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

Even if this is true what does it have to do with Trump?
    Trump did nothing but speak his experiences and thoughts. Illegal? Hardly.
    Other people take the fall so does this make the system rigged?
    Pretty sure Trump has been saying this from the start.
    Hillary and Trump are still standing no matter how much mud is on them.
    Now that Trumps shackles are gone he can continue saying what he wants to.

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

what does it have to do with trump? you can't be serious. IT WAS HIM ON THE RECORDING WITH BILLY BUSH.

where I come from, sexual assault is illegal. and that's exactly what he admitted to on that recording.

www.headstonesband.com

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    pjalive21 said:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/report-top-paul-ryan-advisor-leaked-trump-sex-talk-tape-wapo/

pjalive21 said:

Reading comprehension, dude. His top advisers wife...
    pjalive21 said:

Yeah, you kind of got this jacked up.

Dan Senor, who works for Paul Ryan, is being accused of leaking the tape. Most people will remember Dan Senor as working in the Bush administration. His wife is Campbell Brown, the former CNN anchor.
  • mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

what does it have to do with trump? you can't be serious. IT WAS HIM ON THE RECORDING WITH BILLY BUSH.

where I come from, sexual assault is illegal. and that's exactly what he admitted to on that recording.
    What does it have to do with Trump as in being a candidate still is what I am asking.
    Hitting on a married woman is not illegal. Talking about illegal things are not illegal.
    Not one person has come forward and said "Donald Trump grabbed my by the P...y and I didn't want him to"
    Sexual Assault is illegal but saying sexist things aren't.
    edited October 2016

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

What does it have to do with Trump as in being a candidate still is what I am asking.
    Hitting on a married woman is not illegal. Talking about illegal things are not illegal.
    Not one person has come forward and said "Donald Trump grabbed my by the P...y and I didn't want him to"
    I don't think he has been charged with a crime

mrussel1 said:

pjalive21 said:

generally good leaders aren't those that commit such crimes and brag about them. maybe you think so. but most humans do not. he is not qualified to be a president of anything, much less the US.

So if hillary were to be recorded talking about grabbing c*cks without permission because you can do anything you want to as a star, you would have no problem with it, and would still consider her fit to be president?

www.headstonesband.com

• ^^^
    What crime did he do?

As to the Hillary remark only Bill would know if she did this or not.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

^^^
    What crime did he do?

He did the crimes that he said he does.
  • ^^^
    What crime did he do?

That's it then.
    Lock him up!

^^^
    What crime did he do?

That's it then.
    Lock him up!
    Do you think he did it, or do you think he made it up to impress the other guy like he's in eighth grade?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2016
    ^^^
    The schoolboy Bush at the time 33yrs old couldn't contain himself at the thought of being able to do what Donald "says he did".
    Even back then Trump knew bad press is good press.
    The system is rigged.
    That tape surfacing in no way has any authorities taking a second look for criminal aspects.
    Only the media is loving this tape.
    Trump is smart.

^^^
    The schoolboy Bush at the time 33yrs old couldn't contain himself at the thought of being able to do what Donald "says he did".
    The system is rigged.
    That tape surfacing in no way has any authorities taking a second look for criminal aspects.
    Trump is smart.

You don't answer the question, then you finish with "Trump is smart". Not sure why I bothered.
    edited October 2016

^^^
    The system is rigged.
    Trump is smart.

This tape doesn't make him smart. It's obviously not criminal, but it's not good strategy.
  • ^^^
    At this point what does Trump have to do to say "He has no strategy and will be on the ballot slip come November"?
This discussion has been closed.