Trump

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Netscape's web browser was once dominant in terms of usage share but lost most of that share to Internet Explorer during the so-called first browser war. The usage share of Netscape had fallen from over ninety percent in the mid-1990s to less than one percent by the end of 2006.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Kat said:
    I kept waiting for it to say "You've got mail"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited October 2016
    Good stuff
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Trumps new slogan >>> it's better to grab pxxxx than to be one !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-tweet-attack-john-mccain-229612
    Donald Trump attacked John McCain on Tuesday, calling him "foul-mouthed" and claiming credit for the Arizona senator's primary win.
    "The very foul mouthed Sen. John McCain begged for my support during his primary (I gave, he won), then dropped me over locker room remarks!," Trump tweeted, part of his rage-against-the-GOP tweet spree on Tuesday.

During a debate last night with Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick, McCain said he pulled his endorsement from Trump because of the Republican nominee's attacks on women.
    “When Mr. Trump attacks women and demeans the women in our nation and in our society, that is a point where I just have to part company,” McCain said in the debate, broadcast on Arizona’s PBS station. “It’s not pleasant for me to renounce the nominee of our party. He won the nomination fair and square. But this is – I have daughters. I have friends. I have so many wonderful people on my staff. They cannot be degraded and demeaned in that fashion.”
    Hilarious....what a fucking baby

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Speaking of "locker room talk" going public....I confess I have developed a crush on Brianna Keilar.
    dignin said:

Speaking of "locker room talk" going public....I confess I have developed a crush on Brianna Keilar.
    She doesn't take any shit....I like that. She has the "awkward pause" mastered.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:

I'm not sure why Billy Bush is getting black listed by Hollywood for being present during the Trump tape. He remarks that a girl is hot, but I don't see where he said anything vulgar. We would all be jobless if remarking that someone is hot is a fire-able offense.

It's not like he had the foresight that Trump would be the Republican nominee someday.

Am I living under a rock not knowing who the hell Billy Bush is? Never heard of him until this...is he a real celebrity?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2016
    Jason P said:

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

Am I living under a rock not knowing who the hell Billy Bush is? Never heard of him until this...is he a real celebrity?
    I don't know much about him, but it looks like he worked himself up through the ranks and just started hosting the Today Show and now his career is ruined.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Jason P said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

I don't know much about him, but it looks like he worked himself up through the ranks and just started hosting the Today Show and now his career is ruined.
    Not to mention that he's a member of THE Bush family. He was also the host for Access Hollywood for a long time (I think that's what he was doing when the video was made).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Just being a friend of Trump who is laughing about what he's saying obviously damages his reputation, and especially what he said and did after they got off the bus and said hi to the woman and basically forces hugs out of her. It was really slimy and creepy on his part. I don't blame the Today Show for not wanting him on anymore. Those kinds of shows have a right to expect their hosts to basically be squeaky clean (relatively, anyway... cleaner than being involved in Donald Trump's biggest campaign scandal to date at least, lol).
    This. He was yucking it up with Trump, encouraging Trump, and putting the soap opera actress in an uncomfortable situation, first getting her to hug Trump, and then trying to get her to chose between Trump and him. He's a weirdo who did the tabloidy Access Hollywood show before joining the Today show. Now that he's a documented creeper, he can go back to hosting a Hollywood gossip show.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    edited October 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

She doesn't take any shit....I like that. She has the "awkward pause" mastered.
    Exactly. She also has the perfect dumbfounded facial expressions.

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

this. after Trumps creepo remarks, he basically forces the unsuspecting woman waiting for them to hug Trump. it was cringe-inducing. then asking who she'd rather date, etc. in full context of both converstations, it took on a whole new meaning. it was like he was trying to be Trump's wingman.
    All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

All I know is that his female co-hosts are defending him. They have worked with him for years. We are passing judgement on a 5 minute recording.
    I agree... it's a little tough on him. He's just a tiny little guy that was trying to be cool.
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.

www.headstonesband.com

Billy Bush is cousins with W and Jeb and they made their personal fortunes from entertainment. Shock and awe etc
    mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I agree... it's a little tough on him. He's just a tiny little guy that was trying to be cool.
    I don't know if it's tough on him. he is heard on audio encouraging Trump's attitude and behaviour. just because Bush has never said anything Trump-like to his female costars, doesn't mean he's never talked about them like that. But again, that doesn't matter. all that matters is that he wasn't disgusted with Trump's suggestion that sexually assaulting women was ok. he laughed, and then encouraged a woman 10 seconds later to hug him, a woman Trump suggested he "may just start kissing" without her consent.

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I don't know if it's tough on him. he is heard on audio encouraging Trump's attitude and behaviour. just because Bush has never said anything Trump-like to his female costars, doesn't mean he's never talked about them like that. But again, that doesn't matter. all that matters is that he wasn't disgusted with Trump's suggestion that sexually assaulting women was ok. he laughed, and then encouraged a woman 10 seconds later to hug him, a woman Trump suggested he "may just start kissing" without her consent.
    I guess I"m saying that I have no idea what he really thinks, but he strikes me as the kind of guy that would never challenge someone like Trump regardless of what Trump said. He seems like the ultimate "Me too!" kind of guy.
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I guess I"m saying that I have no idea what he really thinks, but he strikes me as the kind of guy that would never challenge someone like Trump regardless of what Trump said. He seems like the ultimate "Me too!" kind of guy.
    Yeah, I gather a lot of people who work in fluff entertainment jobs like that, they eventually become yes people. but still, I can't say that's an excuse. perpetuating an attitude like trump's is almost as bad as the attitude itself.

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 2016

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

doesn't matter. public perception is all that matters to the show's producers. they won't want to be associated in any way shape or form with this incident.
    Didn't NBC release the tape? But they want no part of it? Why didn't they can him 11 years ago?

Why didn't they edit it and take Billy out. It's not like NBC has a policy of not editing tapes (See: Martin, Trayvon)
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Didn't NBC release the tape? But they want no part of it? Why didn't they can him 11 years ago?

Why didn't they edit it and take Billy out. It's not like NBC has a policy of not editing tapes (See: Martin, Trayvon)
    They were going to edit him out but sat on it too long and the Washington Post scooped it
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

I don't know. did they? I was just wondering this not long ago, where the tape came from. maybe billy was collateral damage to them, wanting to hurt trump knowing they'd also hurt billy.

www.headstonesband.com

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

and if they edited it, that would give Trump more fodder against whoever released it and the scandal would have fizzled out without making a mark.

www.headstonesband.com

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Apparently they didn't know that they had it. Billy himself called attention to it:

Report: Billy Bush Bragged About Trump Video

"Disgraced Today host Billy Bush bragged to NBC staffers about the lewd Donald Trump tape that got him suspended, Page Six cited multiple sources as saying. According to the report, Bush told staffers that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog” while covering the Rio Olympics in August. It is precisely his boasting that prompted Access Hollywood staffers to track down the damning tape, the report said. “If he knew about the tape, and remembered the full extent of such an explosive conversation with a presidential candidate and didn’t disclose that to NBC News, that is a very, very serious problem,” an unnamed source was quoted as saying."
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Apparently they didn't know that they had it. Billy himself called attention to it:

"Disgraced Today host Billy Bush bragged to NBC staffers about the lewd Donald Trump tape that got him suspended, Page Six cited multiple sources as saying. According to the report, Bush told staffers that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog” while covering the Rio Olympics in August. It is precisely his boasting that prompted Access Hollywood staffers to track down the damning tape, the report said. “If he knew about the tape, and remembered the full extent of such an explosive conversation with a presidential candidate and didn’t disclose that to NBC News, that is a very, very serious problem,” an unnamed source was quoted as saying."
    what a moron.

www.headstonesband.com

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

jeffbr said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

what a moron Bush.
    ...I think it's genetic...
This discussion has been closed.