Trump

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Kat said:

Don't forget to talk about the issue(s) and not each other. It's a must here. Thanks.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/Voting/a/Should-Voters-Have-To-Pass-A-Test.htm
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2016

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Anyone with a daughter should be ashamed to vote for this fool IMO. Just one more reason piled upon many other missteps from the so called GOP leader. This whole election has made me really wonder what the hell is happening with this country, are we really this lost?

So instead I should teach my daughter that when your husband cheats on you numerous times with different women you should stay married to him? got ya.
    You could teach her that that's a choice you hope she never has to make, but it's her choice to make and nobody else's business.
    If she is the cheater, wouldn't you hope she has the opportunity for forgiveness?? Or is this a sexist thing where only men cheat like filthy dogs and they should never be forgiven?
    Women cheat too, and sometimes when they do, their husbands, fiances, or boyfriends forgive them and stay with them. Some truly great relationships are built on the forgiveness of mistakes.
    I'm not necessarily saying that's the Clintons, but there is a teachable lesson there, what is the lesson to be taught from Trump's comments?
    It s a public conversation from 11 years ago when he wasn't even running for president. Every guy that I ve ever known talks like this. I m not seeing the big deal about this.
    Wow.

Every guy you know talks like this.

That comment speaks for itself.

Wow.
    Really, this is fucked up McGruff. Wtf. I know a lot of men myself - my best friends are men. None of them would ever, ever talk like this becasue they have too much respect for women to do so. And my dad, who is Trump's generation, sure as hell wouldn't either; such talk would be absolutely appalling to him and anyone he spends time with, and he's not a prude. If you think this is acceptable or normal ... well, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed and grossed out.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • How do you grab a woman by the pussy anyway?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,693
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Anyone with a daughter should be ashamed to vote for this fool IMO. Just one more reason piled upon many other missteps from the so called GOP leader. This whole election has made me really wonder what the hell is happening with this country, are we really this lost?

So instead I should teach my daughter that when your husband cheats on you numerous times with different women you should stay married to him? got ya.
    You could teach her that that's a choice you hope she never has to make, but it's her choice to make and nobody else's business.
    If she is the cheater, wouldn't you hope she has the opportunity for forgiveness?? Or is this a sexist thing where only men cheat like filthy dogs and they should never be forgiven?
    Women cheat too, and sometimes when they do, their husbands, fiances, or boyfriends forgive them and stay with them. Some truly great relationships are built on the forgiveness of mistakes.
    I'm not necessarily saying that's the Clintons, but there is a teachable lesson there, what is the lesson to be taught from Trump's comments?
    It s a public conversation from 11 years ago when he wasn't even running for president. Every guy that I ve ever known talks like this. I m not seeing the big deal about this.
    Wow.

Wow.
    Really, this is fucked up McGruff. Wtf. I know a lot of men myself - my best friend's are men. None of them would ever, ever talk like this, and my dad, who is Trump's generation, sure as hell wouldn't either; such talk would be absolutely appalling to him and anyone he spends time with, and he's not a prude. If you think this is acceptable or normal ... well, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed and grossed out.
    I've known guys that talk sexist crap like Trump. I distance from them as fast as I can. Fortunately it doesn't happen nearly as often here in the 21st century.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited October 2016

How do you grab a woman by the pussy anyway?

Easily. I have had men - strangers - walk up and do it to me in crowds more than once, and on a train once too. That comment is no joke to say the least. It's called sexual assault.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    Really, this is fucked up McGruff. Wtf. I know a lot of men myself - my best friends are men. None of them would ever, ever talk like this becasue they have too much respect for women to do so. And my dad, who is Trump's generation, sure as hell wouldn't either; such talk would be absolutely appalling to him and anyone he spends time with, and he's not a prude. If you think this is acceptable or normal ... well, I'm pretty surprised and disappointed and grossed out.
    Yes men talk like this. It s called locker room talk. It happens. It s not the end of the world.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited October 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    Yes men talk like this. It s called locker room talk. It happens. It s not the end of the world.
    Maybe among the pigs you apparently hang out with. Not decent men, and definitely not men who are qualified to be POTUS. I can't fucking believe you are defending those comments. And yeah, as someone who has been assaulted by pigs like that in exactly that way, I am beyond offended by your comments about it. I am sure it happens, and any man who has an ounce of respect for women should be calling it out and shutting it down, not claiming that it's okay and normal.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

How do you grab a woman by the pussy anyway?

Marco Rubio ain't buying it. :wink:
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    Maybe among the pigs you apparently hang out with. Not decent men, and definitely not men who are qualified to be POTUS. I can't fucking believe you are defending those comments. And yeah, as someone who has been assaulted by pigs like that in exactly that way, I am beyond offended by your comments about it.
    Dare I say this behavior is...deplorable?
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    No, it's how boys who weren't taught how to respect women and men who act like those boys talk. That doesn't mean you have to be a wimpy wuss. It doesn't mean you can't talk about looks or sex or sensuality. But "locker room talk" is what guys that think with their little head do, not with their brains.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    It is for Trump.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,673
    mrussel1 said:

unsung said:

I already don't participate in your sham elections, mainly because my IQ soars high enough to see through the bullshit.

Yeah! Donald Trump has joined us LIVE!
    My IQ is YUUUUUUUUGE :tongue:
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    edited October 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Wow.

Wow.
    Maybe not to you or Donald Trump. But what about the women he's forced him onto? What about Nancy O'Dell? She's been thrust into a national spotlight now. What about that actress that met him at the bus? She didn't ask for this either. I'd imagine they're both quite humiliated.
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited October 2016
    haha how did I know I would come back to this forum regarding what Trump said and there would be people here acting wholier than though and claiming they have never spoke "locker room talk"...im going to call bullshit on every single one of you that you have NEVER said anything remotely like this...flat out you are a LIAR!

yes you are the same people who continually defend Bill Clinton and his sexscipades and HRC and her defending a rapist and then calling that girl a liar and getting the guy one of the lightest sentences a rapist should get...hypocrites...most of you and im tired of it
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Talking about being able to do whatever you want to women, just walking up and kissing them and grabbing their pussies?????? There are a lot of men who do not say shit like this. You are saying that all men make crass, belittling comments about sexually assaulting women and talking about them like they are objects for them to control and and use?? You think all men do that? GROSS. Thank God I know not all men are like this. Thank God I know men who aren't. Otherwise I would hate men.

Holy fuck, I've got smoke coming out of my ears over this one.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    pjalive21 said:

haha how did I know I would come back to this forum regarding what Trump said and there would be people here acting wholier than though and claiming they have never spoke "locker room talk"...im going to call bullshit on every single one of you that you have NEVER said anything remotely like this...flat out you are a LIAR!

yes you are the same people who continually defend Bill Clinton and his sexscipades and HRC and her defending a rapist and then calling that girl a liar and getting the guy one of the lightest sentences a rapist should get...hypocrites...most of you and im tired of it

Dude. We're not running for President of the United States. This had been heard all over the world now. Face it. He's done.
    pjalive21 said:

I can't say that as a pimply faced teenager I never said anything stupid about girls but I also grew up and learned a lot about how not to treat women. Some boys grow up to be men and real men don't treat women like sex objects or toys or like shit. And real men who want to go into public service don't act like boys in a locker room, especially when speaking publicly.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    PJ_Soul said:

Talking about being able to do whatever you want to women, just walking up and kissing them and grabbing their pussies?????? There are a lot of men who do not say shit like this. You are saying that all men make crass, belittling comments about sexually assaulting women and talking about them like they are objects for them to control and and use?? You think all men do that? GROSS. Thank God I know not all men are like this. Thank God I know men who aren't. Otherwise I would hate men.

It's not true. Many men will make comments like "that girl is hot". That would not be unusual. But to move into his comments is not normal. At all.

I have a client, a big client. And he's a total asshole. The first dinner I went to with him, I brought two of directs who are women, early 30's. Pros. Smart. Liberal, etc. Anyway, this guy didn't hit on them, but he spent the dinner talking like Trump. As an example, he talked about how on Mondays he goes to the Van Nuys clinic because that's the day porn stars can get tested for free, and you can guess the rest. He looks to pick them up there. He's married and a total pig. No one in my company is allowed to go to parties thrown by him or his team. Dinners are limited to me or my CEO. That's it. We don't want to our people caught in a compromising situation with him or to subject them to his grotesque sexism. It isn't normal or common.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    pjalive21 said:

So I'm a liar now?

I'm just not a misogynist pig and I don't hang around with misogynist pigs. I know how to treat the people around me with respect. If you like to hang out with misogyist pigs, that's on you. Don't throw me in with that lot. Clinton's comments about deplorables doesn't seem to far off the mark now.

So much false equivalency in this place.
    pjalive21 said:

Are we running for President of the US? Arguably the most powerful position on the planet.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't made sexist comments before to my buddies. I'd also be lying if I said I was an ideal husband when I was married. Having said those things...I was a very young "man" at the time. Thankfully I've grown up very fucking quickly.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

pjalive21 said:

Are we running for President of the US? Arguably the most powerful position on the planet.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't made sexist comments before to my buddies. I'd also be lying if I said I was an ideal husband when I was married. Having said those things...I was a very young "man" at the time. Thankfully I've grown up very fucking quickly.
    Sexist comments and bragging about sexual assault are two entirely different things.
    It's hugely blowing my mind that some of you guys are defending Trump and his trash talk and shitty treatment of women. Really fucking blows my mind. Did I fall into some time/space warp and end up in misogynists.com or something?

edited October 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's not true. Many men will make comments like "that girl is hot". That would not be unusual. But to move into his comments is not normal. At all.

I have a client, a big client. And he's a total asshole. The first dinner I went to with him, I brought two of directs who are women, early 30's. Pros. Smart. Liberal, etc. Anyway, this guy didn't hit on them, but he spent the dinner talking like Trump. As an example, he talked about how on Mondays he goes to the Van Nuys clinic because that's the day porn stars can get tested for free, and you can guess the rest. He looks to pick them up there. He's married and a total pig. No one in my company is allowed to go to parties thrown by him or his team. Dinners are limited to me or my CEO. That's it. We don't want to our people caught in a compromising situation with him or to subject them to his grotesque sexism. It isn't normal or common.
    Thank you, and I know that not all men are like that of course, and the only men I spend my time with would be incredibly uncomfortable if another man was saying shit like that. I feel sad that some men obviously don't even understand that many of their fellow men think they are disrespectful pigs. Apparently they just walk around blissfully unaware of how they are making themselves look like huge assholes, convinced that all men are like them, lol. Pathetic.
    One thing that might help is of more of the decent men actually called them out rather than just smiling awkwardly and trying to change the subject. I understand in business situations like the one you were in that osn't really possible, but generally - like in the locker room!!! - men saying something to shut the pigs down would help end this kind of abusive, disrespectiful talk about women a lot faster. Silver lining though! This whole thing with Trump really has brought this issue put in the open. It could actually really have an impact on making this kind of thing much less acceptable than it is now for a lot of unenlightened men.
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

mcgruff10 said:

this is sexual assault?
    "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything," Trump says.

Al I read was "blah blah blah I'm a partisan hack who excuses Trump because of white above the law republican privilege but democrats can't get away with it because I say so. Derp!"

GFY
    Is that how Hillary gets away with it? Her white privilege?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

unsung said:

eddiec said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Just watched CNN try to talk to michelle bachman about the drumpf tape. She ignored every question and tried to blame everything on Hillary Clinton.
    Just another ignorant arse defending drumpf.

what did you expect? that is politics 101. If roles were reversed the clinton team would be doing the same exact thing.
    Maybe not

They tried to ask her questions as a mother, not a politician, and all she wanted to do was go on about this was all Hillary Clintons fault.

As a woman, and a mother, she should in no way be defending or supporting drumpf.

I think as the days go by I realize more and more that these might be the two worst presidential candidates in recent American history. Both of them are just terrible. Out of a country of 300 million+ we couldn't do better than this?
    We did have better- Sanders and Kasich. The people chose Trump and Clinton. It is the people's fault.

Truth.

We need "common sense" voting control. Time to set some standards.
    Like vote for my guy or you can't vote?
    I don't have a "guy".

IQ testing would be a prerequisite. Gotta weed out the mentals.
    So you'd like the government to have greater control over elections and who gets to vote?
    If I had my way I'd get rid of elections, at least in the current form.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

pjalive21 said:

we are talking about comments from 11 years ago during a private conversation. We ve all talked out of our ass at one time when amongst friends.
    And I agree, the vast majority of us have grown up. But when my friends and I do get together every few years you damn well know stories are brought up. I think that's just being a guy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

eddiec said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Just watched CNN try to talk to michelle bachman about the drumpf tape. She ignored every question and tried to blame everything on Hillary Clinton.
    Just another ignorant arse defending drumpf.

what did you expect? that is politics 101. If roles were reversed the clinton team would be doing the same exact thing.
    Maybe not

They tried to ask her questions as a mother, not a politician, and all she wanted to do was go on about this was all Hillary Clintons fault.

As a woman, and a mother, she should in no way be defending or supporting drumpf.

I think as the days go by I realize more and more that these might be the two worst presidential candidates in recent American history. Both of them are just terrible. Out of a country of 300 million+ we couldn't do better than this?
    We did have better- Sanders and Kasich. The people chose Trump and Clinton. It is the people's fault.

Truth.

We need "common sense" voting control. Time to set some standards.
    Like vote for my guy or you can't vote?
    I don't have a "guy".

IQ testing would be a prerequisite. Gotta weed out the mentals.
    So you'd like the government to have greater control over elections and who gets to vote?
    If I had my way I'd get rid of elections, at least in the current form.
    You speak of the constitution frequently. Not to take a line from Dr. Kahn, but have you read the constitution? Getting rid of elections? That's what's great about democracy.

And I need elections for job security!!
This discussion has been closed.