mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Anyone with a daughter should be ashamed to vote for this fool IMO. Just one more reason piled upon many other missteps from the so called GOP leader. This whole election has made me really wonder what the hell is happening with this country, are we really this lost?

So instead I should teach my daughter that when your husband cheats on you numerous times with different women you should stay married to him? got ya.
    You could teach her that that's a choice you hope she never has to make, but it's her choice to make and nobody else's business.
    If she is the cheater, wouldn't you hope she has the opportunity for forgiveness?? Or is this a sexist thing where only men cheat like filthy dogs and they should never be forgiven?
    Women cheat too, and sometimes when they do, their husbands, fiances, or boyfriends forgive them and stay with them. Some truly great relationships are built on the forgiveness of mistakes.
    I'm not necessarily saying that's the Clintons, but there is a teachable lesson there, what is the lesson to be taught from Trump's comments?
    It s a public conversation from 11 years ago when he wasn't even running for president. Every guy that I ve ever known talks like this. I m not seeing the big deal about this.
    Well for one it was a private conversation and two, you know 60 year olds that talk about grabbing pussies unsolicited? That's kind of creepy, no?
    Since when aren't sixty year old men allowed to talk like this? Give me a break. It was a private conversation from 11 years ago amongst friends probably after a few beers.
    You really think it's okay for people to talk about touching other people without their permission? There were no beers involved. Aren't you a teacher? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    What does being a teacher have to do with this?
    It was a private conversation from 11 years ago!

Jose, you re telling me bill is an angel?
    I'd hope that someone who is helping to develop the kids of his country doesn't fucking condone sexual assault...

Dude, this has nothing to do with Bill...nothing
    It has nothing to do with Hillary but you can't say it has nothing to do with Bill. Bill has committed actions worse then Trumps words. Trump's words are disgusting and Bill's actions are disgusting. Do not try to split hairs. Those who are bashing Trump on this now should come to realize why some of us have been bashing Bill for all these years and yet you keep him on a pedestal? It is that line of thinking that makes no sense.
    Bill is not running for president
    I realize Bill is not running for president but Hillary Clinton has no right to make moral judgements about how his treatment of women should disqualify him to be president.
    This isn't about Hillary. She is not the only person to draw a judgment. To try and justify what Trump did by drawing comparisons to an ex-president is absurd. If that's Trump's best defense, he's cooked.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Anyone with a daughter should be ashamed to vote for this fool IMO. Just one more reason piled upon many other missteps from the so called GOP leader. This whole election has made me really wonder what the hell is happening with this country, are we really this lost?

So instead I should teach my daughter that when your husband cheats on you numerous times with different women you should stay married to him? got ya.
    You could teach her that that's a choice you hope she never has to make, but it's her choice to make and nobody else's business.
    If she is the cheater, wouldn't you hope she has the opportunity for forgiveness?? Or is this a sexist thing where only men cheat like filthy dogs and they should never be forgiven?
    Women cheat too, and sometimes when they do, their husbands, fiances, or boyfriends forgive them and stay with them. Some truly great relationships are built on the forgiveness of mistakes.
    I'm not necessarily saying that's the Clintons, but there is a teachable lesson there, what is the lesson to be taught from Trump's comments?
    It s a public conversation from 11 years ago when he wasn't even running for president. Every guy that I ve ever known talks like this. I m not seeing the big deal about this.
    Well for one it was a private conversation and two, you know 60 year olds that talk about grabbing pussies unsolicited? That's kind of creepy, no?
    Since when aren't sixty year old men allowed to talk like this? Give me a break. It was a private conversation from 11 years ago amongst friends probably after a few beers.
    You really think it's okay for people to talk about touching other people without their permission? There were no beers involved. Aren't you a teacher? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'd hope that someone who is helping to develop the kids of his country doesn't fucking condone sexual assault...

It has nothing to do with Hillary but you can't say it has nothing to do with Bill. Bill has committed actions worse then Trumps words. Trump's words are disgusting and Bill's actions are disgusting. Do not try to split hairs. Those who are bashing Trump on this now should come to realize why some of us have been bashing Bill for all these years and yet you keep him on a pedestal? It is that line of thinking that makes no sense.
    I realize Bill is not running for president but Hillary Clinton has no right to make moral judgements about how his treatment of women should disqualify him to be president.
    Okay, so even if Hillary doesn't have ground to stand on, I don't get why she doesn't but I'll play along, the rest of the country sure as fuck can judge his comments and whether it disqualifies him from being president. And it seems like that is just what is happening
    I agree with you 100%. I don't see how trump recovers from this one but again, I don't see the big deal. That's me. I think if you were voting for Trump you are still voting for Trump. If you were voting for Hillary you are still voting for Hillary.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

The big difference is that Bill's actions are accusations without actionable evidence and Trump's words are admission straight from his mouth.

I'm not saying the accusations against Bill are to be ignored entirely, but there is a difference between unproven accusations and admitting guilt in a bragging manner.
    You don't believe Bill cheated on Hillary while in office?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

For sure but why put him out on the campaign trail and why does the party and/or private institutions keep inviting him to speak with authority. He should be outcasted instead of lionized. The democratic party rehabilitated his image and yet now wants to act with outrage towards Trump. Can't we stop defending these people?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,224
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

this is sexual assault?
    "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything," Trump says.

Damn dude his promoting it !! How can you not hear that in the video let me tell you something, My wife works with the police dept here on Long Island she's a forensic nurse on rape cases and when she watched the video she immediately said to me he's actually promoting sexual assault!!!!
    I haven't watched the video yet, I've only read what he says. How exactly is he promoting it? By saying if you are a big star you can do what you want?
    Ok man I'm done here with you on this convo , let me just ask your ok if these comments were directed at someone in your family..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    My mother-in-law is a retired teacher who desperately wants to not vote for Clinton, but she desperately wants Trump to show as much class as a middle schooler...after this, she may take the plunge and vote Clinton.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Really so if you heard a guy say that about your daughter or wife or sister you're be ok with that... So now your pissed that Bill got away with it and that Hillary forgave him or gave him a 2nd chance or what ever you wanna call it because a Trump video has leaked that will be the end of him ?
    I clearly just said I wouldn't be ok with it. Please read the argument. We shouldn't be ok with the behaviour of either individual. People have normalized Bill with time. The actions of both are wrong.

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

this is sexual assault?
    "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything," Trump says.

Damn dude his promoting it !! How can you not hear that in the video let me tell you something, My wife works with the police dept here on Long Island she's a forensic nurse on rape cases and when she watched the video she immediately said to me he's actually promoting sexual assault!!!!
    I haven't watched the video yet, I've only read what he says. How exactly is he promoting it? By saying if you are a big star you can do what you want?
    Ok man I'm done here with you on this convo , let me just ask your ok if these comments were directed at someone in your family..
    I was asking an honest question and you already know the answer to the question you just presented to me.
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

The big difference is that Bill's actions are accusations without actionable evidence and Trump's words are admission straight from his mouth.

I'm not saying the accusations against Bill are to be ignored entirely, but there is a difference between unproven accusations and admitting guilt in a bragging manner.
    Yeah, I do, but cheating isn't sexual assault.
    Duh.
    Grabbing a woman's crotch without permission is sexual assault.

I can't believe you don't understand that...are you deliberately being obtuse?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Okay, so even if Hillary doesn't have ground to stand on, I don't get why she doesn't but I'll play along, the rest of the country sure as fuck can judge his comments and whether it disqualifies him from being president. And it seems like that is just what is happening
    I agree with you 100%. I don't see how trump recovers from this one but again, I don't see the big deal. That's me. I think if you were voting for Trump you are still voting for Trump. If you were voting for Hillary you are still voting for Hillary.
    I don't think any hardcore trump voters will change their mind but the republican suburban women who are begging for a reason to vote for him are out the window

And I have to get on with my day but I'll just finish off by saying that just because someone says a women lets you do something to them doesn't mean they want or are comfortable with it. I am pretty sure Bill Cosby's defense is that they let him do it.

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

I don't think any hardcore trump voters will change their mind but the republican suburban women who are begging for a reason to vote for him are out the window

And I have to get on with my day but I'll just finish off by saying that just because someone says a women lets you do something to them doesn't mean they want or are comfortable with it. I am pretty sure Bill Cosby's defense is that they let him do it.
    Remember he said some words...is there any evidence that he actually did this or is it just "locker room talk"? People say stupid shit to impress others, it doesn't mean it's actually true.
    Have a great day bud, I get to go coach my sons soccer game. Good times.
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Duh.

You are 100% correct but I think a lot of this comes down too is how much credibility does one give to Juanita Broaddrick and the others. They are alleged charges and of course one is innocent until proven guilty but after looking at all the "facts" and Bill's pattern of admitted behaviour are you one to see Bill as an "abuser" of women or not? With total irrelevance to Hillary's political career I personally see him as an "abuser" and I think if she wasn't running for office most of you would think the same. If you're outraged by Trump's words then you should be outraged by Bill's actions regardless of how that might reflect upon Hillary's candidacy.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Duh.

You are 100% correct but I think a lot of this comes down too is how much credibility does one give to Juanita Broaddrick and the others. They are alleged charges and of course one is innocent until proven guilty but after looking at all the "facts" and Bill's pattern of admitted behaviour are you one to see Bill as an "abuser" of women or not? With total irrelevance to Hillary's political career I personally see him as an "abuser" and I think if she wasn't running for office most of you would think the same. If you're outraged by Trump's words then you should be outraged by Bill's actions regardless of how that might reflect upon Hillary's candidacy.
    I think most people have come to terms with Bill's issues, regardless of her run for presidency. People that lived through the 90's now remember the economic boom, relative peace (Bosnia aside), good job, etc. Does anyone really care about Monica anymore?
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Remember he said some words...is there any evidence that he actually did this or is it just "locker room talk"? People say stupid shit to impress others, it doesn't mean it's actually true.
    Have a great day bud, I get to go coach my sons soccer game. Good times.
    There was a woman years ago who claimed he grabbed her by the crotch but nobody believed her. Seems like it isn't a coincidence since that is an unorthodox move.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

BS44325 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

Duh.

I think most people have come to terms with Bill's issues, regardless of her run for presidency. People that lived through the 90's now remember the economic boom, relative peace (Bosnia aside), good job, etc. Does anyone really care about Monica anymore?
    But isn't there a way to do both without elevating him as some great man of american politics? He should be relegated to the sidelines. The media shouldn't seek him out. He shouldn't speak on the campaign trail.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,673
    Just watched CNN try to talk to michelle bachman about the drumpf tape. She ignored every question and tried to blame everything on Hillary Clinton.
    Just another ignorant arse defending drumpf.

Just watched CNN try to talk to michelle bachman about the drumpf tape. She ignored every question and tried to blame everything on Hillary Clinton.

what did you expect? that is politics 101. If roles were reversed the clinton team would be doing the same exact thing.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    this changes very little, if anything. I simply cannot buy that someone who is still supporting trump at this stage, after everything he has said and done, and all of a sudden thinking "wow, I can deal with the racism and hate, but misogyny is going too far!". If anything, they identify with him even more. They are jealous they cant just go out and grab some bush any time they want like him.

"Boys will be boys, right?" Said all the women who take a slap on the ass from their boss as a compliment.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mcgruff10 said:

what did you expect? that is politics 101. If roles were reversed the clinton team would be doing the same exact thing.
    Maybe not

They tried to ask her questions as a mother, not a politician, and all she wanted to do was go on about this was all Hillary Clintons fault.

As a woman, and a mother, she should in no way be defending or supporting drumpf.

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    And there you have it folks.

Trump voters will still vote for Trump.

He was sickening before this latest tape and now he is just deplorable, well below basic human decency.

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

They tried to ask her questions as a mother, not a politician, and all she wanted to do was go on about this was all Hillary Clintons fault.

As a woman, and a mother, she should in no way be defending or supporting drumpf.

I think as the days go by I realize more and more that these might be the two worst presidential candidates in recent American history. Both of them are just terrible. Out of a country of 300 million+ we couldn't do better than this?
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

I think as the days go by I realize more and more that these might be the two worst presidential candidates in recent American history. Both of them are just terrible. Out of a country of 300 million+ we couldn't do better than this?
    This is something that a lot of us on here and in the real world can agree on.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

One is average as far as presidential candidates go, the other is just a terrible human.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

We did have better- Sanders and Kasich. The people chose Trump and Clinton. It is the people's fault.

Smellyman said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

One is average as far as presidential candidates go, the other is just a terrible human.
    Yeah trump is pretty average. ;)
  • unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    Doesnt change my vote
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Honestly, I can see where Mcgruff is coming from. Not any close friends of mine, but I hear talk like that all the time. From coworkers, etc. But we all know it is in jest. Not about grabbing someone without permission, but other locker room type talk. The thing is, it didn't seem like trump was joking.

But what I also am curious about, when any candidate trumps themselves up in a positive light, no one believes them. But when they hear them bragging about something that can shine a negative light on them, they take it as absolute truth. why is he to be believed in this instance, but not in others? Douchebag misogynists overstate their conquests all the time. Its what they do.

Just a thought.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• unsungunsung Posts: 9,487
    eddiec said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

We did have better- Sanders and Kasich. The people chose Trump and Clinton. It is the people's fault.

Truth.

We need "common sense" voting control. Time to set some standards.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Maybe not

We don't do better than this for a number of reasons:

1. Average citizens really don't care enough about their communities to begin a political career at their local level.
    2. The ones who begin a political career at the local level tend to be ambitious idealogues. Very few are really in it for their neighbors.
    3. The average self-respecting person will never put themselves through what we put our public servants through. They're not interested in sharing their medical records, their college transcripts, their divorce papers, their tax statements, having everything private about ourselves nit picked and dissected for public consumption and comment.
    4. The average self-respecting person is not interested in becoming an ugly meme on social media.

I have always said we get the candidates we deserve. When the public stops being so ugly in its discourse about our government and politicians, we might get something better. In the meantime, the coarseness of our own public speech tells me that we can't expect anything different from our leaders. It takes some degree of narcissistic sociopathy to endure the onslaught we sling at them. That's why we get what we get.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

mcgruff10 said:

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

crowes74 said:

wait every guy you know talks of sexually assaulting women? i don't know who you know but thank God i don't because I don't want those types as family members or friends. with friends like that....
This discussion has been closed.