BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

sorry i have been away from here for a while and have tried to read everything posted but honestly, do people here really believe that Donald Trump would be a good president or are people just trying to have some fun?

A lot of Trump supporters are blinded by fear and ignorance so that they see him as a good alternative when they mix in magical thinking about his policies. There was an example the other day from Godfather where is was pointed out how Trumps policies would increase the deficit. He basically just said that his economic plan wouldn't really do that. Despite evidence against it. When Trump says crazy lies and unrealistic proposals, they say 'well he just speaks his mind', and that the crazy stuff won't manifest into some form of reality.
    It is the "ignorance" label that will lead to a Clinton loss.
    BS44325 said:

fife said:

sorry i have been away from here for a while and have tried to read everything posted but honestly, do people here really believe that Donald Trump would be a good president or are people just trying to have some fun?

I don't think people on here think he will be a "good" president. This is where the misunderstanding of his support lies. People think the world is facing serious problems. These same people think that a Clinton will only result in more of the same. Trump is the risky change agent. He could be terrible but at least there is a possibility of "good" compared to the alternative which has already been judged to be a continuation of the status quo.
    so are you willing to take the chance that he will be a good president while knowing that no matter what he is going to be the president for 4 years.

Yes
    why?
    Because we live in dangerous times and we are faced with a binary choice for these times. In my eyes Clinton is corrupt, incompetent and worst of all compromised. I see no upside in her election. Trump ticks me off equally in a whole number of ways but with him I see at least the possibility of upside. A fool's hope maybe but a no brainer when compared to the alternative.
    can i asked what upside you see with Trump? in "dangerous time" you want a steady hand and I don't see Trump as a steady hand but that is me.
    I am not sure a steady hand is what you want. A steady hand is what you want when you are sailing through a storm. The problem with that analogy is that most of the time the storm will pass so all you need to do is stay afloat. This storm ain't passing. Risks will need to be taken.
    I feel like you are trolling everyone here. You are not typically this unhinged in your comments.
    I don't think this is unhinged. It is pretty consistent to how I have always been on here. I am explaining why people like myself will support Trump even if they typically do not like him.
    Then everyone here is right and you are historically inaccurate with you comments about 'dangerous times'. Trump would have the most unsteady hand in the steadiest of times. I cannot think of any 20 year period in western history that is as peaceful as this one, without widespread conflict. Maybe that's a reason to support Trump but that doesn't make much sense. His lack of knowledge and curiousness about the world is only rivaled by the last Bush.
    The public doesn't feel these are 'the steadiest of times". This is another reason why people fail to grasp his support. The Clinton campaign is trying to convince the public that everything is hunky dory which is a massive fail in terms of reading the electorate. Anybody who promotes these as the "steadiest of times" will lose the average voter.
    People do see things as significantly better now than 8 years ago. Unfortunately, as you noted, a big enough group can be manipulated by fear. It's why illegals have been identified as the group to fear (with a dash of ISIS) this election. I remember the simpler times when it was single moms!
    People are not being manipulated and don't fear illegals. They are looking for a change policy to better the country.
    If you can't see how they've been made villain of the year then I'm not sure I can help you out. Please highlight and define what the problem with illegals is. Start with what they cost vs. what they contribute in dollars. Then show me stats on the crime rate of illegals vs. the rest of the population. Then tell me why this suddenly became a problem now, but didn't get much play 4 and 8 years ago.
    Not looking for help. It is you who is missing the big picture.
    Be afraid, be very, very afraid.
    Fear is in denial. Courage exists amongst those who are willing to confront.
    Now begins the mobius loop of logic and word play.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

A lot of Trump supporters are blinded by fear and ignorance so that they see him as a good alternative when they mix in magical thinking about his policies. There was an example the other day from Godfather where is was pointed out how Trumps policies would increase the deficit. He basically just said that his economic plan wouldn't really do that. Despite evidence against it. When Trump says crazy lies and unrealistic proposals, they say 'well he just speaks his mind', and that the crazy stuff won't manifest into some form of reality.
    BS44325 said:

fife said:

I don't think people on here think he will be a "good" president. This is where the misunderstanding of his support lies. People think the world is facing serious problems. These same people think that a Clinton will only result in more of the same. Trump is the risky change agent. He could be terrible but at least there is a possibility of "good" compared to the alternative which has already been judged to be a continuation of the status quo.
    so are you willing to take the chance that he will be a good president while knowing that no matter what he is going to be the president for 4 years.

Yes
    why?
    Because we live in dangerous times and we are faced with a binary choice for these times. In my eyes Clinton is corrupt, incompetent and worst of all compromised. I see no upside in her election. Trump ticks me off equally in a whole number of ways but with him I see at least the possibility of upside. A fool's hope maybe but a no brainer when compared to the alternative.
    can i asked what upside you see with Trump? in "dangerous time" you want a steady hand and I don't see Trump as a steady hand but that is me.
    I am not sure a steady hand is what you want. A steady hand is what you want when you are sailing through a storm. The problem with that analogy is that most of the time the storm will pass so all you need to do is stay afloat. This storm ain't passing. Risks will need to be taken.
    I feel like you are trolling everyone here. You are not typically this unhinged in your comments.
    I don't think this is unhinged. It is pretty consistent to how I have always been on here. I am explaining why people like myself will support Trump even if they typically do not like him.
    Then everyone here is right and you are historically inaccurate with you comments about 'dangerous times'. Trump would have the most unsteady hand in the steadiest of times. I cannot think of any 20 year period in western history that is as peaceful as this one, without widespread conflict. Maybe that's a reason to support Trump but that doesn't make much sense. His lack of knowledge and curiousness about the world is only rivaled by the last Bush.
    The public doesn't feel these are 'the steadiest of times". This is another reason why people fail to grasp his support. The Clinton campaign is trying to convince the public that everything is hunky dory which is a massive fail in terms of reading the electorate. Anybody who promotes these as the "steadiest of times" will lose the average voter.
    People do see things as significantly better now than 8 years ago. Unfortunately, as you noted, a big enough group can be manipulated by fear. It's why illegals have been identified as the group to fear (with a dash of ISIS) this election. I remember the simpler times when it was single moms!
    People are not being manipulated and don't fear illegals. They are looking for a change policy to better the country.
    If you can't see how they've been made villain of the year then I'm not sure I can help you out. Please highlight and define what the problem with illegals is. Start with what they cost vs. what they contribute in dollars. Then show me stats on the crime rate of illegals vs. the rest of the population. Then tell me why this suddenly became a problem now, but didn't get much play 4 and 8 years ago.
    It is ok if you would rather live in the matrix but nobody should accuse those who want to leave it to be living in fear.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited September 2016

fife said:

Would you like to see trump do inthese dangerous time that would make you feel better?

Give Putin bee jobs.
    :rofl:
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • BS44325 said:

fife said:

Would you like to see trump do inthese dangerous time that would make you feel better?

Feel better?
    Feel safer, I would guess. What would help you feel safer? Good question, fife.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    You may be right but it's dangerously wrong. And anyone who knows better but promotes it for political for themselves, their party or the readers of a board are complicit with it. It's too bad Americans are fucking morons and don't know shit about history.
    I disagree with your analysis and take the completely opposite position. My knowledge of history is quite good and in my opinion it is dangerously wrong to downplay how perilous these times are. Americans sense this and it is the morons who try to convince them otherwise.
    None of the countries you pointed out create an existential threat to the United States or our allies, with the one exception of S. Korea (which I would argue is generally contained). Give me another period in the last thousand years where you can make such a statement.
    I think you meant North Korea. But maybe not.
    I'm saying S. Korea potentially faces an existential threat from N. Korea.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    It is ok if you would rather live in the matrix but nobody should accuse those who want to leave it to be living in fear.
    So you'll be giving direct answers to these questions?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,555

Buy gold, stock up on canned goods and arm yourselves.

Yes! Especially GUNS!! Lots and lots of GUNS, BEER, AMMO!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    So you'll be giving direct answers to these questions?
    No. Not worth my time. More concerned about things like this.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/5210/china-and-russia-are-executing-island-seizing-drills-in-the-south-china-sea
  • Maybe we should just thank BS for answering as many questions as he did.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    brianlux said:

Buy gold, stock up on canned goods and arm yourselves.

Yes! Especially GUNS!! Lots and lots of GUNS, BEER, AMMO!

Don't forget to bring snacks.

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Feel better?
    We're not there yet. I have far more concern about problems arising between now and January and there is nothing either Trump or Clinton will be able to do. It is the transition period that will be critical.
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Feel better?
    We're not there yet. I have far more concern about problems arising between now and January and there is nothing either Trump or Clinton will be able to do. It is the transition period that will be critical.
    Thank you, BS. I know it can't be easy expressing conservative viewpoints around here.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Feel better?
    Thank you, BS. I know it can't be easy expressing conservative viewpoints around here.
    Ha. It's way easier here then in public. You wouldn't dare catch me spouting this nonsense at a show!
  • Lol!!! Smart man!
    Trump could ride this all the way to the election

https://youtu.be/xUAZaPvhmAY
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

Yeah, that's a dynamite argument. All that's really missing is the Soviet Union music in the background. All of these people are fucking suckers. They didn't learn after hearing about Trump U. They didn't learn after hearing about him hiring illegals for his projects. They didn't learn after hearing about how he stiffs contractors. They are voting for a con man and charlatan.

Bunch of fucking suckers and parrots. My family will be fine whoever is elected. It's these fucking jabrones that will suffer when he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. Suckers.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    Is the last day or two more proof that Trump really doesn't want to win? I mean every time he starts climbing in the polls he starts up with the dumb ignorant stuff again. The latest nonsense will be felt in the polls next week leading up to the debate giving HRC some momentum.
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,467
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    You may be right but it's dangerously wrong. And anyone who knows better but promotes it for political for themselves, their party or the readers of a board are complicit with it. It's too bad Americans are fucking morons and don't know shit about history.
    I disagree with your analysis and take the completely opposite position. My knowledge of history is quite good and in my opinion it is dangerously wrong to downplay how perilous these times are. Americans sense this and it is the morons who try to convince them otherwise.
    Morons? Classy.

Look to the stats my friend. Most peaceful time in history. Violent crime is lower than ever. The fear mongering and the 24/7 news cycle of death has you brainwashed.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Morons? Classy.

Look to the stats my friend. Most peaceful time in history. Violent crime is lower than ever. The fear mongering and the 24/7 news cycle of death has you brainwashed.

The alt, alt-right view.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Morons? Classy.

You should read the thread sir before commenting. "Morons" was mrussel1's word...I just quoted it back to him.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah, that's a dynamite argument. All that's really missing is the Soviet Union music in the background. All of these people are fucking suckers. They didn't learn after hearing about Trump U. They didn't learn after hearing about him hiring illegals for his projects. They didn't learn after hearing about how he stiffs contractors. They are voting for a con man and charlatan.

Bunch of fucking suckers and parrots. My family will be fine whoever is elected. It's these fucking jabrones that will suffer when he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. Suckers.
    These "suckers" are aware of all these things. They have weighed it against the corruption and the arrogance of the Clinton's and Washington in general and have decided to throw their lot in with Trump. Your use of the term "suckers" and "parrots" continues to display the left's misunderstanding of the electorate and will only drive more "deplorables" to the polls. It will be Brexit all over again.

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Morons? Classy.

The alt, alt-right view.
    You clearly don't know what the alt-right is.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

These "suckers" are aware of all these things. They have weighed it against the corruption and the arrogance of the Clinton's and Washington in general and have decided to throw their lot in with Trump. Your use of the term "suckers" and "parrots" continues to display the left's misunderstanding of the electorate and will only drive more "deplorables" to the polls. It will be Brexit all over again.
    It's easy for a Canadian to preach this since you have far less to lose under a Trump presidency (all due respect to PJ Soul). Will people you know lose their healthcare? How about their right to choose? What about rolling back of CFPB provisions? What about gay marriage? How many of your neighbors in Ontario will be affected directly by a Trump presidency on the social front?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I'm in the middle right and I agree with mr russell's assessment. Plenty of actual conservatives agree with it too.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,865
    BS44325 said:

I can't believe true republicans would vote for the idiot....just the idea of how he would promote his own business is disturbing.

If he was a dem the republicans would be going nuclear on that side of the equation.

There is no such thing as a dem with a business. That's why they're a dem to begin with!
    Perhaps you thought this was funny or something, but it was just a stupid fucking thing to say.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,467
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Morons? Classy.

You should read the thread sir before commenting. "Morons" was mrussel1's word...I just quoted it back to him.
    You didnt quote it. You used it yourself. believe me, ive read more of this thread than i care to admit. But thanks for the advice.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Okay Keenau.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

Yes
    why?
    Morons? Classy.

The alt, alt-right view.
    You clearly don't know what the alt-right is.
    Clearly

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

It's easy for a Canadian to preach this since you have far less to lose under a Trump presidency (all due respect to PJ Soul). Will people you know lose their healthcare? How about their right to choose? What about rolling back of CFPB provisions? What about gay marriage? How many of your neighbors in Ontario will be affected directly by a Trump presidency on the social front?
    Please...all keep reading about is that if Trump wins a whole bunch of liberals will be moving up north! I got a ton to lose! Lena Dunham next door?! No thank you!
This discussion has been closed.