Trump

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

"Hillary for President" has been closed. It looks like it's starting to sink in.

It was closed because people were using degrading terminologies to describe women, and the thread has been re-opened. Not sure what you're suggesting is "starting to sink in".
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096
    pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

"Hillary for President" has been closed. It looks like it's starting to sink in.

Now only if her real life campaign would close

Keep dreaming. Save for a medical emergency, what would dissuade Clinton from continuing? What're you going to do with yourself when she's President?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2016
    benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

Keep dreaming. Save for a medical emergency, what would dissuade Clinton from continuing? What're you going to do with yourself when she's President?
    deal with it like I have the current clown for 8 years...except we get 4 years of Clinton I might be begging for 8 of Obama again

• pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

deal with it like I have the current clown for 8 years...except we get 4 years of Clinton I might be begging for 8 of Obama again

I'll tell you I'm 56 have lived thru Reagan Bill Clinton & Bush presidency and my life has been the same basically not to many changes in my everyday life , so can you tell us how has your everyday life changed since Obama took office ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,742
    Apologize if this has been bought up already, but i just read about this today(I watch/read the News enough to where i would've thought i'd already know about this) Would this have been the case if this happen to Hilary? Note : as of right now i'm a undecided voter.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/michael-steven-sandford-donald-trump-las-vegas-rally-assassination-attempt-kill-arrest/
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,554
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

It was closed because people were using degrading terminologies to describe women, and the thread has been re-opened. Not sure what you're suggesting is "starting to sink in".
    In yet on the Bernie Sanders thread Bernie was referred to as a "whore" and nothing happened. I thought that was interesting.

And yes, I'm curious as to what is starting to sink in. The obvious answer might be thread integrity?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

In yet on the Bernie Sanders thread Bernie was referred to as a "whore" and nothing happened. I thought that was interesting.

And yes, I'm curious as to what is starting to sink in. The obvious answer might be thread integrity?
    I thought those were deleted too.
  • brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Bernie isn't a woman... The statement was pretty clear
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited September 2016

brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Really, Gern? You really don't think men can be considered "whores"?

Edit: And by the way, I don't condone the use of that term for men or women. It is degrading either way.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Edit: And by the way, I don't condone the use of that term for men or women. It is degrading either way.
    I think he was pointing out why it wasn't pulled. Although I assumed it was. But I agree that is splitting a hair. I'm against using it for any man or woman. It crosses a line
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

I think he was pointing out why it wasn't pulled. Although I assumed it was. But I agree that is splitting a hair. I'm against using it for any man or woman. It crosses a line
    Right on.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862
    edited September 2016
    cutz said:

Apologize if this has been bought up already, but i just read about this today(I watch/read the News enough to where i would've thought i'd already know about this) Would this have been the case if this happen to Hilary? Note : as of right now i'm a undecided voter.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/michael-steven-sandford-donald-trump-las-vegas-rally-assassination-attempt-kill-arrest/

Yeah, I saw the story at the time, and there was a little chatter about it, but I got the impression that most people almost thought of it as stupid rather than scary, just because the plan was so bad. It probably scared Trump, but honestly the general public and the media didn't care all that much as far as I could tell. I do think it would have been taken at least a bit more seriously if it had been Hillary. I think this is just because Trump is just so..... gross.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianlux said:

brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Manwhores? Maybe

I was referring to Kat's statement. Pay attention please

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

Manwhores? Maybe

I was referring to Kat's statement. Pay attention please
    Hay man, knock it off. I'm trying to sleep!

• http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dean-baquet-new-york-times-vows-trump-lies
    Straight-laced legacy media companies, wedded to balance and objectivity, have never been good at calling a lie what it is. But now the New York Times is starting to point out lies in their news coverage of Donald Trump.

As Quartz flagged on Tuesday, at least five stories in the Grey Lady’s Sept. 17 edition, including its lead print story, contained the words “lie,” “false” and “untrue” in headlines, first paragraphs and top sections in stories about the GOP nominee.

The shift came as Trump at last put to rest the pet conspiracy theory that took his political aspirations mainstream, declaring that “Obama was born in the United States. Period” while fueling another myth: that Hillary Clinton and her 2008 campaign started the birther movement.

Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the Times, told the site the birther issue represents “outright lying. And he lied over a long period. It is a real word and we will use it when warranted.”

He also said the Times’ investigative work “has always been hard hitting,” citing a Sept. 17 story on Trump’s tax breaks, but said “we have decided to be more direct in calling things out when a candidate actually lies.”

Trump has long tangled with the Times over its coverage of his campaign, recently issuing veiled threats of legal action.

• http://www.npr.org/2016/09/20/494558977/with-donald-trumps-birther-spin-hes-crossed-a-line?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160920
    Consider the birther business, perhaps the most debunked allegation in a generation. Having gained attention for himself over a five-year campaign of misinformation, Trump thinks he can now abandon it, cast himself as some sort of truth seeker and attach all the opprobrium to his opponent instead. Surely even the notorious masters of 20th century propaganda would be in awe.

If this is the kind of behavior that has been associated with the Trump campaign since its inception, it is still stunning to see it defended by Republican Party leaders such as its chairman, Reince Priebus, who surely knows better, on Sunday morning talk shows.

To be clear: Neither Hillary Clinton nor her campaign in 2008 pushed the birther story. Needless to say, comparing that to Trump's performance on the issue is not just a smokescreen, but a distortion and an embarrassment.

The moderators of those venerable weekend chat fests have long enjoyed more leeway than straight-news reporters. Some regard them as a kind of "editorial page" for their networks. And so the likes of John Dickerson on CBS and Jake Tapper on CNN and others were out there on Sunday using the L word in a way one almost never hears in the broadcast media. The word "lie" is, in fact, a word we are taught to avoid as journalists, a word freighted with value judgment and fraught with political peril.

But that practice has been under tremendous pressure in 2016, and it's crumbling. Journalists are increasingly willing to throw the penalty flag, say the L word, or label statements false — and not just in stories labeled as fact checks.

Even CNN, which has lavished airtime on the Trump campaign for more than a year, has even begun displaying lower-third banners on screen when his statements are demonstrably untrue. It can be jarring at times to see a Trump line followed by a parenthetical ("False") or ("It's Not").

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Oh boy...can't talk his way out of this one
    Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

• Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• He and his supporters will blame Hillary.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2016

pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

I'll tell you I'm 56 have lived thru Reagan Bill Clinton & Bush presidency and my life has been the same basically not to many changes in my everyday life , so can you tell us how has your everyday life changed since Obama took office ...
    It doesn't have to affect me personally...it can be family,friends, and the rest of the country that has been damaged

race relations are terrible and he has a part to play in that, terror attacks on American soil, Obamacare that has caused people now to be priced out of insurance.....amongst other things..which I will come out and say some of those "other things" I left off the list because they can not all directly be affected by the President, but he has also not made my life any better I will tell you that, nor do I expect them to

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

It doesn't have to affect me personally...it can be family,friends, and the rest of the country that has been damaged

race relations are terrible and he has a part to play in that, terror attacks on American soil, Obamacare that has caused people now to be priced out of insurance.....amongst other things..which I will come out and say some of those "other things" I left off the list because they can not all directly be affected by the President, but he has also not made my life any better I will tell you that

What was the number of uninsured 8 years ago? What is it today?

• pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

BS44325 said:

race relations are terrible and he has a part to play in that, terror attacks on American soil, Obamacare that has caused people now to be priced out of insurance.....amongst other things..which I will come out and say some of those "other things" I left off the list because they can not all directly be affected by the President, but he has also not made my life any better I will tell you that

What was the number of uninsured 8 years ago? What is it today?
    Uninsured is below 10%, less in states that expanded Medicaid. Republican led states continue to govern from an alt universe.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • http://thehill.com/policy/defense/296827-national-security-professionals-urge-trump-to-disclose-foreign-business
    A bipartisan group of national security professionals, including more than half a dozen former intelligence officials, sent an open letter calling on GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump to disclose his foreign business dealings.

"Donald Trump still has not revealed to the American public his international business relationships, even as it becomes increasingly clear that his overseas ties could well constitute significant conflicts of interest when it comes to charting US foreign policy," read the letter, published Monday.

"This is unprecedented for a candidate for the nation's highest office. As such, we are calling on Mr. Trump to disclose, in full, the nature of his business relationships overseas — to include specifically who his business partners are and what and where are his foreign investments. We also call on him to pledge that he will divest himself of his overseas business interests should he win the presidency," it said.
    The letter was spearheaded by Michael Morrell, former acting director and deputy director of the CIA; Michael Vickers, former undersecretary of Defense for intelligence; and former National Security Council senior staffer Sam Vinograd.

A number of former senior defense officials have also signed the letter, including Michele Flournoy, who is widely speculated to become Defense secretary if Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is elected.

The letter was signed predominantly by Democrats but includes a handful of Republicans as well.

Notable among the Republican signatories is Paul Wolfowitz, former deputy secretary of Defense under George W. Bush, who has not made an endorsement yet but has said, "I might have to vote for Hillary Clinton."

In a statement to The New York Times, the Trump campaign dismissed the letter, noting that one of the signatories is Wendy Sherman, the administration's lead negotiator on the Iran nuclear deal.

"If Wendy Sherman is the definition of who is considered a reliable government official, this letter and its signatories lose all credibility," Jason Miller, a Trump campaign spokesman, said.

"Based on her complete failure in representing American foreign policy and deep ties to Secretary Clinton, this letter epitomizes the rigged system in Washington that has continued to fail Americans over and over again," he said.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

He and his supporters will blame Hillary.

President Obama
    Don't forget he is to blame as well
  • KatKat Posts: 4,830
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    So Trump hasn't held a press conference since July? Hmmmm
    www.myspace.com
  • So Trump hasn't held a press conference since July? Hmmmm

yeah no shit....I don't see the anti-Hillary (who also claim to be anti-Trump) people here complaining about that

• Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• So Trump hasn't held a press conference since July? Hmmmm

yeah no shit....I don't see the anti-Hillary (who also claim to be anti-Trump) people here complaining about that
    Where's free when you need them?

Brilliantati©
  • I've said before and I'll say again trump is bigger than the repub candidate for president. He represents everyone who's lives are shittier in the last 8 years, and that's more than half the country.

People who are pissed at a rigged unethical government who rule for the rich and not the little guy are keeping their mouths shut because they don't want to be called the dirty names Hillary fans like to call their opponents are going to show up in droves. We only get to see a small amount of his fans at his sold out speeches because they don't mind the world seeing their support, but far far more are hidden supporters than anyone realizes. It will shock the shit out of the world but he's got a huge following who aren't even listening to him at all, they're just against the corruption that is and want an outsider/non politician. Think brexit, no one expected that either, but trump has a giant unspoken following. Think "yuge." :)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.