Trump

Comments

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

I can't believe true republicans would vote for the idiot....just the idea of how he would promote his own business is disturbing.

If he was a dem the republicans would be going nuclear on that side of the equation.

There is no such thing as a dem with a business. That's why they're a dem to begin with!
    Perhaps you thought this was funny or something, but it was just a stupid fucking thing to say.
    Ha

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

BS44325 said:

fife said:

sorry i have been away from here for a while and have tried to read everything posted but honestly, do people here really believe that Donald Trump would be a good president or are people just trying to have some fun?

BS44325 said:

fife said:

sorry i have been away from here for a while and have tried to read everything posted but honestly, do people here really believe that Donald Trump would be a good president or are people just trying to have some fun?

I don't think people on here think he will be a "good" president. This is where the misunderstanding of his support lies. People think the world is facing serious problems. These same people think that a Clinton will only result in more of the same. Trump is the risky change agent. He could be terrible but at least there is a possibility of "good" compared to the alternative which has already been judged to be a continuation of the status quo.
    so are you willing to take the chance that he will be a good president while knowing that no matter what he is going to be the president for 4 years.

Yes
    why?
    Because we live in dangerous times and we are faced with a binary choice for these times. In my eyes Clinton is corrupt, incompetent and worst of all compromised. I see no upside in her election. Trump ticks me off equally in a whole number of ways but with him I see at least the possibility of upside. A fool's hope maybe but a no brainer when compared to the alternative.
    can i asked what upside you see with Trump? in "dangerous time" you want a steady hand and I don't see Trump as a steady hand but that is me.
    I am not sure a steady hand is what you want. A steady hand is what you want when you are sailing through a storm. The problem with that analogy is that most of the time the storm will pass so all you need to do is stay afloat. This storm ain't passing. Risks will need to be taken.
    I feel like you are trolling everyone here. You are not typically this unhinged in your comments.
    I don't think this is unhinged. It is pretty consistent to how I have always been on here. I am explaining why people like myself will support Trump even if they typically do not like him.
    Then everyone here is right and you are historically inaccurate with you comments about 'dangerous times'. Trump would have the most unsteady hand in the steadiest of times. I cannot think of any 20 year period in western history that is as peaceful as this one, without widespread conflict. Maybe that's a reason to support Trump but that doesn't make much sense. His lack of knowledge and curiousness about the world is only rivaled by the last Bush.
    The public doesn't feel these are 'the steadiest of times". This is another reason why people fail to grasp his support. The Clinton campaign is trying to convince the public that everything is hunky dory which is a massive fail in terms of reading the electorate. Anybody who promotes these as the "steadiest of times" will lose the average voter.
    You may be right but it's dangerously wrong. And anyone who knows better but promotes it for political for themselves, their party or the readers of a board are complicit with it. It's too bad Americans are fucking morons and don't know shit about history.
    I disagree with your analysis and take the completely opposite position. My knowledge of history is quite good and in my opinion it is dangerously wrong to downplay how perilous these times are. Americans sense this and it is the morons who try to convince them otherwise.
    Morons? Classy.

Look to the stats my friend. Most peaceful time in history. Violent crime is lower than ever. The fear mongering and the 24/7 news cycle of death has you brainwashed.

You should read the thread sir before commenting. "Morons" was mrussel1's word...I just quoted it back to him.
    You didnt quote it. You used it yourself. believe me, ive read more of this thread than i care to admit. But thanks for the advice.

Read one post above mine. He used the word "moron"...it is right there for everyone to see.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Trump could ride this all the way to the election

https://youtu.be/xUAZaPvhmAY

Yeah, that's a dynamite argument. All that's really missing is the Soviet Union music in the background. All of these people are fucking suckers. They didn't learn after hearing about Trump U. They didn't learn after hearing about him hiring illegals for his projects. They didn't learn after hearing about how he stiffs contractors. They are voting for a con man and charlatan.

Bunch of fucking suckers and parrots. My family will be fine whoever is elected. It's these fucking jabrones that will suffer when he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. Suckers.
    These "suckers" are aware of all these things. They have weighed it against the corruption and the arrogance of the Clinton's and Washington in general and have decided to throw their lot in with Trump. Your use of the term "suckers" and "parrots" continues to display the left's misunderstanding of the electorate and will only drive more "deplorables" to the polls. It will be Brexit all over again.
    It's easy for a Canadian to preach this since you have far less to lose under a Trump presidency (all due respect to PJ Soul). Will people you know lose their healthcare? How about their right to choose? What about rolling back of CFPB provisions? What about gay marriage? How many of your neighbors in Ontario will be affected directly by a Trump presidency on the social front?
    Please...all keep reading about is that if Trump wins a whole bunch of liberals will be moving up north! I got a ton to lose! Lena Dunham next door?! No thank you!
    You're a funny guy usually, but I was making a serious point. You don't have anything to lose on these fronts, sitting up there in Canada.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah, that's a dynamite argument. All that's really missing is the Soviet Union music in the background. All of these people are fucking suckers. They didn't learn after hearing about Trump U. They didn't learn after hearing about him hiring illegals for his projects. They didn't learn after hearing about how he stiffs contractors. They are voting for a con man and charlatan.

Bunch of fucking suckers and parrots. My family will be fine whoever is elected. It's these fucking jabrones that will suffer when he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself. Suckers.
    These "suckers" are aware of all these things. They have weighed it against the corruption and the arrogance of the Clinton's and Washington in general and have decided to throw their lot in with Trump. Your use of the term "suckers" and "parrots" continues to display the left's misunderstanding of the electorate and will only drive more "deplorables" to the polls. It will be Brexit all over again.
    It's easy for a Canadian to preach this since you have far less to lose under a Trump presidency (all due respect to PJ Soul). Will people you know lose their healthcare? How about their right to choose? What about rolling back of CFPB provisions? What about gay marriage? How many of your neighbors in Ontario will be affected directly by a Trump presidency on the social front?
    Please...all keep reading about is that if Trump wins a whole bunch of liberals will be moving up north! I got a ton to lose! Lena Dunham next door?! No thank you!
    You're a funny guy usually, but I was making a serious point. You don't have anything to lose on these fronts, sitting up there in Canada.
    I know you're making a serious point but I still disagree. Like it or not world security is maintained through American leadership. It has been so since the end of World War ll. My country and Western allies generally follow your lead. I have been pretty consistent on this point from the get go that the so called "peace" we live in is not guaranteed. When I look around the world I see American disengagement, allies shirking responsibilities and nefarious non-state and state actors filling the vacuums left behind. So I'm sorry but I feel who leads your country affects me as well.

Now on terms of the social issues front you are correct that none of that will affect me but personally I just think you are being overly concerned. Trump is probably the most liberal republican candidate to run for President in our lifetime. He will not roll back the right to choose or gay marriage rights. He might hate Obamacare but who in the US doesn't? It is an umitigated disaster. He just put forth a childcare/paid maternity leave policy that conservatives for the most part hate! Other then his immigration policy there is very little about him that could be considered far-right. This is why consolidation of conservatives have been such a challenge for him. Again I just don't see the man as an ideologue. Congress is far more to the right then he is but the democratic party has spent this whole campaign painting Paul Ryan as the reasonable one! The same Paul Ryan who four years ago was pushing granny off a cliff! Mark my words that should Trump becomes President it will actually be him who restrains the hard right impulses. The man required zero conservative dollars or backing to win the nomination and will not owe any favours to the conservative side of k street. There is a good chance that this will allow him to govern in a pleasantly surprising way.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I know you're making a serious point but I still disagree. Like it or not world security is maintained through American leadership. It has been so since the end of World War ll. My country and Western allies generally follow your lead. I have been pretty consistent on this point from the get go that the so called "peace" we live in is not guaranteed. When I look around the world I see American disengagement, allies shirking responsibilities and nefarious non-state and state actors filling the vacuums left behind. So I'm sorry but I feel who leads your country affects me as well.

Now on terms of the social issues front you are correct that none of that will affect me but personally I just think you are being overly concerned. Trump is probably the most liberal republican candidate to run for President in our lifetime. He will not roll back the right to choose or gay marriage rights. He might hate Obamacare but who in the US doesn't? It is an umitigated disaster. He just put forth a childcare/paid maternity leave policy that conservatives for the most part hate! Other then his immigration policy there is very little about him that could be considered far-right. This is why consolidation of conservatives have been such a challenge for him. Again I just don't see the man as an ideologue. Congress is far more to the right then he is but the democratic party has spent this whole campaign painting Paul Ryan as the reasonable one! The same Paul Ryan who four years ago was pushing granny off a cliff! Mark my words that should Trump becomes President it will actually be him who restrains the hard right impulses. The man required zero conservative dollars or backing to win the nomination and will not owe any favours to the conservative side of k street. There is a good chance that this will allow him to govern in a pleasantly surprising way.
    Then was the SCOTUS list he released a giant pump fake? Did he lie to conservatives about his preferences on judges? Shall we expect Merrick Garland at the top?
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

How high are you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited September 2016
    Explosion in NY
    Trump: A bomb went off in NY, we must ban all Muslims immediately!
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Explosion in NY
    Trump: many are congratulating me, I don't want congratulations but remember I called it before anyone
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,862
    edited September 2016
    ^^ Are you quoting something? Like his tweets or something? Or just making up things he might say?

(I read that that explosion isn't thought to be terrorism)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Oh boy you believe all of this ^^^^
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Then was the SCOTUS list he released a giant pump fake? Did he lie to conservatives about his preferences on judges? Shall we expect Merrick Garland at the top?
    No. I think the list is real and that he'll likely pick a judge off that list. That pick essentially replaces one conservative with another so the status quo on the bench will remain. The question is what happens if he gets a second pick.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA ! the real "suckers" are the ones ready give up freedom for security...and a false sense of security at that, hillary is counting on the real suckers, you know the ones that are willing to vote for her despite all the controversy (proven and alleged) surrounding her since she and Bill entered politics.

Godfather.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

HAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA ! the real "suckers" are the ones ready give up freedom for security...and a false sense of security at that, hillary is counting on the real suckers, you know the ones that are willing to vote for her despite all the controversy (proven and alleged) surrounding her since she and Bill entered politics.

Godfather.

I prefer immaterial controversy (whitewater, Monica, pneumonia) to paranoia, conspiracy, stunning lack of knowledge of the issues, bigotry and ignorance. Seems like an easy choice.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

No. I think the list is real and that he'll likely pick a judge off that list. That pick essentially replaces one conservative with another so the status quo on the bench will remain. The question is what happens if he gets a second pick.
    There's probably three of them during this term. That's my point. Those are real stakes for those of us that live here.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

There's probably three of them during this term. That's my point. Those are real stakes for those of us that live here.
    Fair enough but in that case the actual candidate and/or their behaviour doesn't ever real matter to you. It's more about which candidate is more likely to nominate the justices you would prefer. That's a completely fair way to vote and lots of people do it but it makes the debate on character, temperament, etc pretty pointless.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Fair enough but in that case the actual candidate and/or their behaviour doesn't ever real matter to you. It's more about which candidate is more likely to nominate the justices you would prefer. That's a completely fair way to vote and lots of people do it but it makes the debate on character, temperament, etc pretty pointless.
    Oh believe me, I dislike all that too. I was pointing out that down here, we have more than just foreign policy to think about.

Someone called you a neoconservative on the other page. Do you believe in a muscular, interventionist policy?
  • mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Oh believe me, I dislike all that too. I was pointing out that down here, we have more than just foreign policy to think about.

Someone called you a neoconservative on the other page. Do you believe in a muscular, interventionist policy?
    Of course he does. Go read the iran and Israel threads.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • And as a Canadian, he advocates for the US to do his personal neocon dirty work.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

I called myself that and yes I do. Completely at odds with Trump I know. His debate in South Carolina enraged me. If anything Hillary is the "neo con" in this election but unfortunately she lost me when she played politics on Iraq. Obama ran to her left and she bailed.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    edited September 2016
    BS44325 said:

Read one post above mine. He used the word "moron"...it is right there for everyone to see.

Yeah, no shit. I saw it. You didn't quote it. Again, you used it a different context and for your own purposes, which was directly addressing a position I hold. Moving on....

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

BS44325 said:

Yeah, no shit. I saw it. You didn't quote it. Again, you used it a different context and for your own purposes, which was directly addressing a position I hold. Moving on....

Ha. I love how you're telling me how I used it. I choose my words very carefully and I intentionally used "moron" because he used it. Sorry my friend but you are grasping at straws. Moving on...
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Ha. I love how you're telling me how I used it. I choose my words very carefully and I intentionally used "moron" because he used it. Sorry my friend but you are grasping at straws. Moving on...
    I didn't call you a moron, I said Americans are fucking morons. That's a little bit of a difference, no?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Nope.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I didn't call you a moron, I said Americans are fucking morons. That's a little bit of a difference, no?
    Yes and saying American are fucking morons is generally a losing campaign strategy. Defending them tends to work better.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yes and saying American are fucking morons is generally a losing campaign strategy. Defending them tends to work better.
    Gee, thanks for the campaign tip. I'll be sure to use it in my next ad spot.
  • mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Godfather.

Seriously? You are a Trump supporter...you have heard what he wants to do to combat terrorism and you are pointing the finger about "giving up freedom for security"? That's rich. Especially when it was a GOP President that pushed the Patriot Act.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    "Hillary for President" has been closed. It looks like it's starting to sink in.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    BS44325 said:

"Hillary for President" has been closed. It looks like it's starting to sink in.

Now only if her real life campaign would close

This discussion has been closed.