Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,214

Free said:

Polls are a media tool to influence behavior. They are used to create drama to make you think that they matter when they really don't. Media has to create drama in one way or another anyway...

I'm not new to this idea, I just thought that maybe the polling tools would have been a little more sophisticated than that.
    I don't think polls take electoral votes into consideration at all. Why would they?
    yeah they don't...not necessary

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Correct. National polls are weighted for political affiliation and other demographics, but not state. However, a tightening of polls nationally will likely lead to the same effect in the states. Clinton cannot run out the clock or rely on the debates. She needs to get back out on the trail and on the news. Trumps handlers have stemmed the bleeding.

PS I sincerely apologize for Hillary.
  • Options
    Ch-ching ch-ching!
  • Options

Ch-ching ch-ching!

Hey, maybe my PJ troll income can offset all the money I spend on tour and on vinyls.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,078
    While sitting in the waiting room waiting for a CT scan today I watched a bit of CNN News on their TV. The story was about how Trump and Hillary were in a "virtual tie". Did I shit my pants seeing that? No, I just rolled my eyes. The whole thing played out on TV like some bad, dumb virtual reality TV show. Welcome to the new America- a poorly scripted dumb virtual reality TV show.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

While sitting in the waiting room waiting for a CT scan today I watched a bit of CNN News on their TV. The story was about how Trump and Hillary were in a "virtual tie". Did I shit my pants seeing that? No, I just rolled my eyes. The whole thing played out on TV like some bad, dumb virtual reality TV show. Welcome to the new America- a poorly scripted dumb virtual reality TV show.

The drama, Brian!!
  • Options
    Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!
    If it wasn't so fucking sad it would be funny as hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Ch-ching ch-ching!

Hey, maybe my PJ troll income can offset all the money I spend on tour and on vinyls.
    And then some! You've been apologizing your ass off today! Free is going to make you a rich man.
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,767
    :lol: That's exactly what I thought.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!
    What is funny as hell is the Hillary supporters don't utter a peep when the polls are like this. But when she's ahead woa nelly watch out it's Trump dumpin time!

Trump is back on his pinnacle - he must be if he is at the Hillary stature in the polls right?
  • Options

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!
    What is funny as hell is the Hillary supporters don't utter a peep when the polls are like this. But when she's ahead woa nelly watch out it's Trump dumpin time!

Trump is back on his pinnacle - he must be if he is at the Hillary stature in the polls right?
    Oh come on now! You know it's more fun when Trump is ahead! :smiley:

Sing it! Trum-diddy-dumm-dumm-diddly-dumm-dumm-Trump!

• Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!

It keeps people from settling down. What would we we all do without.... DRAMA!
  • Options
    Free said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!

Heck yeah! Bring on da-rama!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Free said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!

I hope you and others realize that life itself brings its own (sometimes and seemingly never-ending) sets of drama, and are not actively searching it out from other sources, or cream ourselves over it.

Apologists and drama and blindness. Great. Got it!

(for the 50th or so time)
  • Options
    Well, after eight years of no drama Obama, the American electorate is ready for some kardashian/Jenner high jinks in the White House. It's what keeps everyone engaged on the important stuff.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,606
    Slate Magazine: Shocker: The “Taco Trucks on Every Corner” Trump Guy Is a Serial Scam Artist

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/09/06/_taco_trucks_on_every_corner_latinos_for_trump_founder_wife_filed_for_bankruptcy.html
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,317

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!

Except that trump is NOT leading, contrary to what today's CNN poll suggests. 538 gives him 31% chance of winning, and they are always right. He can't win electoral college, which means he won't be president.

He is going to start trump tv if he loses. That was confirmed today.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Well, after eight years of no drama Obama, the American electorate is ready for some kardashian/Jenner high jinks in the White House. It's what keeps everyone engaged on the important stuff.

"No drama Obama". You know, I actually like that H2M. :smile:

• Options

brianlux said:

Free said:

brianlux said:

The drama, Brian!!

Except that trump is NOT leading, contrary to what today's CNN poll suggests. 538 gives him 31% chance of winning, and they are always right. He can't win electoral college, which means he won't be president.

He is going to start trump tv if he loses. That was confirmed today.
    I believe it, gimme. Another reason why I didn't take the "report" seriously. It viewed like on of those Hollywood Stars shows. Dumb!

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Not at all. The excusing, deflecting and defending of Hillary in these boards is unbelievable. Keep attacking me for bringing up the obvious.

What is also unbelievable is the blind hatred for Hillary. We get it...she's a powerful woman and that intimidates you.

I'm with Bernie Sanders. I'll be voting for Clinton proudly.
    o.k......but Bernie got paid...

Godfather.

And what exactly do you base this off of? The only thing I understand that Sanders got out of endorsing Clinton, is some of his priorities added to the party platform. I'd hardly call this payment too, because if the agenda of the DNC closer resembles that of Sanders', then there's no conflict of interest in his endorsement. Plus, as countless have said, this is about who is the better (i.e. less bad) candidate. We should push for accountability from Clinton, there's no question of that in my mind. She's in a dangerous position of being elected and not questioned, as it stands. That being said, she is not Satan reincarnate.
    well it don't matter, it was just an assumption on my part but I have to wonder how many people have a 275 day pollen attack and still can't keep from coughing ? she does not look healthy to me but I'm no doctor and I don't wish any illness on her or anyone, just sayin she don't look or sound good.

Godfather.

She looks and sounds just as good as Trump, so I don't understand what your problem is.
    I don't have a problem, just making a guess based on video and photographs of her and I've stated a few times that I don't wish bad health on her or anybody for that matter.

Godfather.

• Options
    I love it when all the sudden the poll's don't matter LOL !

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.

Keep you're eye on the ball GF on the ball , Electoral votes is what matters the most and she's still ahead but he still has a good chance at being your savior since you do believe this country is in ruin ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Godfather.

Polls matter. I think the poster was saying that state is more important than national. And that's true, but they likely follow each other.
  • Options

Godfather.

Keep you're eye on the ball GF on the ball , Electoral votes is what matters the most and she's still ahead but he still has a good chance at being your savior since you do believe this country is in ruin ...
    no problem my friend ! just having fun with the election madness LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-bondi-contributions

So....Trump gives an ILLEGAL $25,000 to Bondi's campaign THEN he holds a fundraiser at his estate at NO CHARGE to Bondi's campaign....yet he charges his own campaign for use of the estate.

Oh, and as attorney general of Florida Bondi decided not to pursue fraud charges against the FL victims of Trump U.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Polls mean absolutely nothing unless you appreciate drama.

...And you actually WANT the media to tell you who to vote for and to not vote on your own without them. Oh the drama of making an informed decision w/out the media and their ridiculous polls involved!!
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-bondi-contributions

So....Trump gives an ILLEGAL $25,000 to Bondi's campaign THEN he holds a fundraiser at his estate at NO CHARGE to Bondi's campaign....yet he charges his own campaign for use of the estate.

Oh, and as attorney general of Florida Bondi decided not to pursue fraud charges against the FL victims of Trump U.

On that one I gather one hand washes the other....hard to keep them clean.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.