Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

I dont recall anyone anywhere saying radical Catholic terrorists. simply IRA TERRORISTS.

Now I will grant , some tabloid in Britain may have used this exact phrasing and I expect some somewhere may have. but it certainly wasnt spoken of HERE publicly.

R.I.T is used rather loosely.

well why do you think that is ? maybe because they keep telling the world that ISLAM will control the world or they scream ala acobar or what ever they say when they pull the cord/push the button on their suicide vest or burn, rape, behead in the name of ala then post that shit on friggin youtube.....geemineee flapjacks man how much slack can you give a radical Islamic terrorist group ? another example of backwards ass political correctness.

Godfather.

think about that. THEY are a statistically insignificant % of the worlds billion plus muslim population. So how is it then THEY speak for all?

its funny, you'll rail against being put into a particular box because of the extreme views of others that you might have agreement with on xyz issue but are willing to paint a billion plus that way.

it would help if you came to understand the muslim in name only arent practing a religion. you can learn this by read the book yourself. if you've paid attention you've seen the reports that isil is specifically recruiting folks with little to no knowledge of islam to begin with. they target the disaffected, loner outsiders. no different than a street gang. but much more brutal and violent.
    think about that. THEY are a statistically insignificant % of the worlds billion plus muslim population......say 10% ? little less or a little more ?
    so what's 5% of a BILLION ? ...what's 1% of a billion ?

Godfather.

1% or less actually.
    Or 6/100,000ths of a %.
  • http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/u-s-official-donald-trump-s-body-language-claim-doesn-n644856

I really can't believe he isn't getting ripped to shreds over this. If Hillary said this shit the internets would explode.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited September 2016

benjs said:

mickeyrat said:

I dont recall anyone anywhere saying radical Catholic terrorists. simply IRA TERRORISTS.

Now I will grant , some tabloid in Britain may have used this exact phrasing and I expect some somewhere may have. but it certainly wasnt spoken of HERE publicly.

well why do you think that is ? maybe because they keep telling the world that ISLAM will control the world or they scream ala acobar or what ever they say when they pull the cord/push the button on their suicide vest or burn, rape, behead in the name of ala then post that shit on friggin youtube.....geemineee flapjacks man how much slack can you give a radical Islamic terrorist group ? another example of backwards ass political correctness.

Godfather.

smfh. BECAUSE THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR ALL OF ISLAM. it's a incredibly bastardized version of it. islam is a peaceful religion.
    is there on line version of the koran ? I've heard stories but never seen one myself.

Godfather.

Here's a quick quiz where you can guess whether the quotes come from the Bible or the Quran.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/which_holy_book

And, in the most ridiculously straightforward method to find the Quran, a search on google.com led me to - go figure - quran.com. Free, translated in numerous languages.

http://www.quran.com
    The bible is the bloodiest book ever written. It drives me insane when people will go on and on about what the Quran says but fail to mention the bible is equally horrible in some passages.

this is just it.
    That is just it.
    But I also completely disagree with this "Islam is a truly peaceful religion" bullshit too. I'm not talking about ISIS or other Islamic fanatics. Plain old Islams isn't a religion of peace any more than Christianity is. They are BOTH religions based on a whole lot of bullshit with violence and sexism built right into their holy texts. So let's stop pretending otherwise. That said, most normal religious people don't follow their centuries old religious texts literally. Unfortunately religious FANATICS do, and then some (i.e., they follow what is in those books, along with what isn't in those books, and usually some gross combination of the two). And it is the religious fanatics, be they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Jewish, or whatever else, who are the problem obviously. Not the vast majority. Not the "normals"..... I know most of you know this already. I'm really just talking to GF, lol, the man who apparently thinks ISIS is comprised of 10% of all Muslims in the world, lol.
    (but that does remind me of that time I got flamed for saying that 20% of Muslims hold extremist beliefs on some level. I still believe that to be true (from reading info and stats that makes this fully believable). That said, I doubt the number is much different for Christians. It's just that most extremist Christians have gotten over the terrorist hump)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Trump wants to build the wall Reagan tore down the wall !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I just picture a meeting of high level military authorities where they say "dammit....he didn't say Radical Islamic Terrorism...I guess we'll just pack up our shit and go home"

Radlibs (of course not you personally) :smile: often think/read things like this and live in la la land w/ out military in their lives.
    Sorry....it's a dumb thing to say. As I said they trot that out as red meat for the low information voter. Obama has made it very clear that he doesn't say "Radical Islamic Terrorists" because he doesn't want those same low information voters to equate all of Islam with the radicals.

Should we say "Uneducated White People" every time we talk about Trump supporters?
    "Low information voter" is the politically correct way of saying "uneducated white men".
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Trump maintained his stance on this yesterday.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/u-s-official-donald-trump-s-body-language-claim-doesn-n644856

I really can't believe he isn't getting ripped to shreds over this. If Hillary said this shit the internets would explode.

That was one of like 10 instances where Matt Laurer should have simply followed up with "....wait, what? What are you talking about? What does that even mean??"
    www.myspace.com
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I love when.......I guess we all have our limits and desires but trying to convince me about a peaceful religion that seems to make the news daily in a negative way just won't work for me.

Godfather.
    edited September 2016

I love when.......I guess we all have our limits and desires but trying to convince me about a peaceful religion that seems to make the news daily in a negative way just won't work for me.

Godfather.

.00016% GF. Your number was 5-10%. You should re-calibrate your thinking closer to the truth and away from the talking points of the right.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Early voting starts today! Vote early, vote often!

http://www.ncvoter.org/voting-in-nc/
    https://www.ncsbe.gov/
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

mickeyrat said:

Godfather.

smfh. BECAUSE THEY DON'T SPEAK FOR ALL OF ISLAM. it's a incredibly bastardized version of it. islam is a peaceful religion.
    is there on line version of the koran ? I've heard stories but never seen one myself.

Godfather.

Here's a quick quiz where you can guess whether the quotes come from the Bible or the Quran.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/which_holy_book

And, in the most ridiculously straightforward method to find the Quran, a search on google.com led me to - go figure - quran.com. Free, translated in numerous languages.

http://www.quran.com
    The bible is the bloodiest book ever written. It drives me insane when people will go on and on about what the Quran says but fail to mention the bible is equally horrible in some passages.

this is just it.
    That is just it.
    But I also completely disagree with this "Islam is a truly peaceful religion" bullshit too. I'm not talking about ISIS or other Islamic fanatics. Plain old Islams isn't a religion of peace any more than Christianity is. They are BOTH religions based on a whole lot of bullshit with violence and sexism built right into their holy texts. So let's stop pretending otherwise. That said, most normal religious people don't follow their centuries old religious texts literally. Unfortunately religious FANATICS do, and then some (i.e., they follow what is in those books, along with what isn't in those books, and usually some gross combination of the two). And it is the religious fanatics, be they Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Jewish, or whatever else, who are the problem obviously. Not the vast majority. Not the "normals"..... I know most of you know this already. I'm really just talking to GF, lol, the man who apparently thinks ISIS is comprised of 10% of all Muslims in the world, lol.
    (but that does remind me of that time I got flamed for saying that 20% of Muslims hold extremist beliefs on some level. I still believe that to be true (from reading info and stats that makes this fully believable). That said, I doubt the number is much different for Christians. It's just that most extremist Christians have gotten over the terrorist hump)
    when I said Islam is a religion of peace, I meant in practice, not in text. Of course it is a religion with a history of oppression and violence and sexism and whatnot. All historical religions are. But today's Islam is not that at all.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

.00016% GF. Your number was 5-10%. You should re-calibrate your thinking closer to the truth and away from the talking points of the right.
    I also mentioned 1 % .....so what ? apparently everybody missed the point which was the number of radical islamists but since islam is a peaceful religion there must not be any radical islamists......

Godfather.

btw I've seen (so called peaceful) islamist on T.V claiming ONLY 10% of islamist are radical.....bullshit the number is most likely higher than that.

Godfather.

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

I also mentioned 1 % .....so what ? apparently everybody missed the point which was the number of radical islamists but since islam is a peaceful religion there must not be any radical islamists......

Godfather.

The point is that you are advocating painting an entire religion, the largest in the world I believe, based on the action of less than one thousandths of one percent... calling it Radical Islamic Terrorism. That's the missing piece to win against ISIS? Really? That doesn't seem like a bizarre action plan to you?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

btw I've seen (so called peaceful) islamist on T.V claiming ONLY 10% of islamist are radical.....bullshit the number is most likely higher than that.

Godfather.

If it is 10% of Islamist that are radicalized, that's still a shit load of people. But I would have no idea how anyone can place a definitive number how many people are radicalized?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

If it is 10% of Islamist that are radicalized, that's still a shit load of people. But I would have no idea how anyone can place a definitive number how many people are radicalized?
    It's a made up number. Just like the other made up numbers that have been thrown around.
    so if 10% of christians are homophobes who abuse (mentally, physically, emotionally) those in the LGTBQ community, should we call them Radical Christian Fundamentalists, or just bigoted assholes?

I'm fine with the latter.

www.headstonesband.com

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

Godfather.

It's a made up number. Just like the other made up numbers that have been thrown around.
    I agree...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

so if 10% of christians are homophobes who abuse (mentally, physically, emotionally) those in the LGTBQ community, should we call them Radical Christian Fundamentalists, or just bigoted assholes?

I have no problem with referring to some Christians as radicalized...

I find it odd that you would use any other group to compare to, you sound angry and believe it or not I kinda understand but throwing the Christian group out there as a compression just tells me that inside you feel defeated a little in the percentages we are talking about, using the term "bigoted assholes" is a stab directed at me....no big deal man I've been called worse on here LOL ! this whole topic can be googled in any direction to one side or the other to make a point and you know you can't prove me wrong or even right and that just pisses you off, bottom line there are too many radical islamist to count and they always come to America (thanks to Obama) or other parts of the world and create disaster and death.

Godfather.

I find it odd that you would use any other group to compare to, you sound angry and believe it or not I kinda understand but throwing the Christian group out there as a compression just tells me that inside you feel defeated a little in the percentages we are talking about, using the term "bigoted assholes" is a stab directed at me....no big deal man I've been called worse on here LOL ! this whole topic can be googled in any direction to one side or the other to make a point and you know you can't prove me wrong or even right and that just pisses you off, bottom line there are too many radical islamist to count and they always come to America (thanks to Obama) or other parts of the world and create disaster and death.

Godfather.

Godfather - I am fully confident you can count to 100k. That's the size of Isis's army. If you throw in the extraneous members, maybe that is double, but I doubt it. Either way, it's a fraction of 1%.
    But here's the thing, I've pointed why it's important not to paint an entire 1.6 billion person religion with the actions of a fraction of 1%. You have not said why you think calling it Radical Islamic Terrorism will make a difference in our battle against ISIS. Please explain how that improves our military strategy.
  • so if 10% of christians are homophobes who abuse (mentally, physically, emotionally) those in the LGTBQ community, should we call them Radical Christian Fundamentalists, or just bigoted assholes?

Godfather.

I'm more afraid of the radical christians. OK City comes to mind.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Everyone needs to stop name-calling. It's not ok from anyone. Let's discuss our country's problems with respect for each other and maybe some real answers will surface. We have to try.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    is the Godfather a real Italian, or someone who just worships organized crime?

Either way your at odds WITH yourself

If your an Italian-o , and Italian American at that. Your people have been vilified in the media as all having ties to organized crime, especially in the 1970's- 1990's....No sympathy for Muslims who may feel the same way? Ironic

and if your not an Italian American....then your just a fan boy of a culture of violence then. Just like every dumb ass in college has a SCARFACE pic hanging up....oh I'm against THUGS, but secretly I love that shit

I love how certain people think their shit don't stink, when in fact they are more inline with what they hate then they even know

Like ultraconservatives here in America are only missing a Beard, otherwise look in a mirror.....YOU GUYS STAND for a culture of repression, going back to an era that will never exist

Like Drumpf saying CROOKED HILLARY THIS N That...meanwhile he's the SLIM of ALL SLIM

Godfather.

I will never understand why you always feel the need to project emotions onto people. I'm not angry or pissed off or feel defeated (HAHA) or think I can't prove you wrong. I KNOW you are wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you. I know your opinion will never change no matter what facts are put in front of you. If Obama miraculously brought peace to the middle east you would have still said he was a terrible president.

And no, the term was not a stab directed at you. I know your positions on immigrants/minorities/etc, but I don't know your stance religiously, so I can't comment on that.

there will always be radical groups of different affiliations in different points in history and in different parts of the world. many christians were murdering motherfuckers long ago. some still are. the catholic church itself was war mongering in the past. there are radicals in all parts of the world. you think ISIS are the only ones, because they are the ones you see on the news, because of who they attack. Check out PJ_Soul's thread of "the terrorist attacks we don't care about". we can all learn something from that.

the constant news cycle of terrorist attacks in the mid east and europe is just a selling point for news agencies, because they have trained us to believe that those people are the most important, since they are our "friends". news agencies sell fear because it gains viewers. Trump knows this. it's his whole fucking platform. scare the shit out of the people so they'll vote for me. that ploy is old as sin, and it works all the time. I'm hoping the majority of the american public is smarter this time and can see through it.

again, is hillary ideal? nope. but she ain't trump. and that's good enough reason for most.

www.headstonesband.com

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

Godfather.

I will never understand why you always feel the need to project emotions onto people. I'm not angry or pissed off or feel defeated (HAHA) or think I can't prove you wrong. I KNOW you are wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you. I know your opinion will never change no matter what facts are put in front of you. If Obama miraculously brought peace to the middle east you would have still said he was a terrible president.

And no, the term was not a stab directed at you. I know your positions on immigrants/minorities/etc, but I don't know your stance religiously, so I can't comment on that.

there will always be radical groups of different affiliations in different points in history and in different parts of the world. many christians were murdering motherfuckers long ago. some still are. the catholic church itself was war mongering in the past. there are radicals in all parts of the world. you think ISIS are the only ones, because they are the ones you see on the news, because of who they attack. Check out PJ_Soul's thread of "the terrorist attacks we don't care about". we can all learn something from that.

the constant news cycle of terrorist attacks in the mid east and europe is just a selling point for news agencies, because they have trained us to believe that those people are the most important, since they are our "friends". news agencies sell fear because it gains viewers. Trump knows this. it's his whole fucking platform. scare the shit out of the people so they'll vote for me. that ploy is old as sin, and it works all the time. I'm hoping the majority of the american public is smarter this time and can see through it.

again, is hillary ideal? nope. but she ain't trump. and that's good enough reason for most.
    Very good post and I agree. Trump I must say is very good at spreading fear to his listeners to garner their attention and votes. In fact he's a master at it and plays light the politics of Obama and anyone like him cannot protect this country much less a woman.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    CROJAM95 said:

If your an Italian-o , and Italian American at that. Your people have been vilified in the media as all having ties to organized crime, especially in the 1970's- 1990's....No sympathy for Muslims who may feel the same way? Ironic

and if your not an Italian American....then your just a fan boy of a culture of violence then. Just like every dumb ass in college has a SCARFACE pic hanging up....oh I'm against THUGS, but secretly I love that shit

I love how certain people think their shit don't stink, when in fact they are more inline with what they hate then they even know

Like ultraconservatives here in America are only missing a Beard, otherwise look in a mirror.....YOU GUYS STAND for a culture of repression, going back to an era that will never exist

Like Drumpf saying CROOKED HILLARY THIS N That...meanwhile he's the SLIM of ALL SLIM

Awesome stuff. I have said many times on here that his apparent worship of a criminal immigrant and his thoughts on immigration are just a tad hypocritical..

CROJAM95 said:

Awesome stuff. I have said many times on here that his apparent worship of a criminal immigrant and his thoughts on immigration are just a tad hypocritical..
    it's just a screen name, folks.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.