Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,606
    benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Not at all. The excusing, deflecting and defending of Hillary in these boards is unbelievable. Keep attacking me for bringing up the obvious.

What is also unbelievable is the blind hatred for Hillary. We get it...she's a powerful woman and that intimidates you.

I'm with Bernie Sanders. I'll be voting for Clinton proudly.
    o.k......but Bernie got paid...

Godfather.

And what exactly do you base this off of? The only thing I understand that Sanders got out of endorsing Clinton, is some of his priorities added to the party platform. I'd hardly call this payment too, because if the agenda of the DNC closer resembles that of Sanders', then there's no conflict of interest in his endorsement. Plus, as countless have said, this is about who is the better (i.e. less bad) candidate. We should push for accountability from Clinton, there's no question of that in my mind. She's in a dangerous position of being elected and not questioned, as it stands. That being said, she is not Satan reincarnate.
    well it don't matter, it was just an assumption on my part but I have to wonder how many people have a 275 day pollen attack and still can't keep from coughing ? she does not look healthy to me but I'm no doctor and I don't wish any illness on her or anyone, just sayin she don't look or sound good.

Godfather.

It's like you have a list of reasons to hate Clinton, and when someone debunks a reason based on nothing but oppositional party lines based on bullshit unfounded rumours and theories - you just move down the list to the next one. Your straw man (woman?) attacks are pathetic, dishonest, and ineffective. Why don't you read your links, learn something, and post something based on substantial evidence? For the record, there ARE topics like this related to Hilary Clinton, yet you avoid them, preferring the easier TMZ/FOX topics like her health. By doing this, you are adding (at best) nothing to the conversation. At worst, you are an obfuscater of intelligent debate, like a paid-for party lackey.
    and you have become a Hillary puppet blind to what has been happening since Obama has become President, if you are comfortable in that situation then by all means carry on ol' boy, you vote how you see fit and I'll vote for the candidate I see fit ....sound simple enough ?

Godfather.
    On the contrary, I've called for not letting hatred of Trump get in the way of holding Clinton accountable when she ought to be, and not for questioning her about tabloid-quality unsubstantiated nonsense. It actually weakens your cause when people have to read through grade school caliber questions, to find any with proof and merit. In other words, I'm not actually criticizing your critical nature, I'm criticizing the quality and the truthfulness of the issues you choose to argue.
    Benjs....you're not new here. You should know by now that actually trying to reason, albeit with verifiable facts, data, and evidence, is a battle you can't win with gf.

A valiant effort but you're just banging your head against a wall.
    I think GF represents a typical human. He believes he knows best, he believes his logic or lack thereof is irrefutable, and he governs himself based on gut feelings and emotions - lest he be called 'cold', 'robotic', or 'unwaveringly idealistic'. People like this make up the masses, so it's important that we don't strictly focus on the impressionable, but also the ones who opine with conviction (regardless of what, or how much, logic they've used in the forming of their opinions).
    As mentioned by someone else....very well put.
    I appreciate your effort and it clearly comes from a good place.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,051

Tiki said:

The Dallas Morning News on Tuesday declared Donald Trump is not qualified to serve as president, writing in an editorial that the GOP nominee does not represent Republican ideals.
    He should be appointed President of the New York Jets. He's qualified for that post. At least they're used to being a mess already.
    He tried football before....he ran the USFL team into the ground that he owned
    As a Patriots fan, I don't mind if he does that to the Jets. They don't need any help really.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,019

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Not at all. The excusing, deflecting and defending of Hillary in these boards is unbelievable. Keep attacking me for bringing up the obvious.

What is also unbelievable is the blind hatred for Hillary. We get it...she's a powerful woman and that intimidates you.

Godfather.

And what exactly do you base this off of? The only thing I understand that Sanders got out of endorsing Clinton, is some of his priorities added to the party platform. I'd hardly call this payment too, because if the agenda of the DNC closer resembles that of Sanders', then there's no conflict of interest in his endorsement. Plus, as countless have said, this is about who is the better (i.e. less bad) candidate. We should push for accountability from Clinton, there's no question of that in my mind. She's in a dangerous position of being elected and not questioned, as it stands. That being said, she is not Satan reincarnate.
    well it don't matter, it was just an assumption on my part but I have to wonder how many people have a 275 day pollen attack and still can't keep from coughing ? she does not look healthy to me but I'm no doctor and I don't wish any illness on her or anyone, just sayin she don't look or sound good.

Godfather.

It's like you have a list of reasons to hate Clinton, and when someone debunks a reason based on nothing but oppositional party lines based on bullshit unfounded rumours and theories - you just move down the list to the next one. Your straw man (woman?) attacks are pathetic, dishonest, and ineffective. Why don't you read your links, learn something, and post something based on substantial evidence? For the record, there ARE topics like this related to Hilary Clinton, yet you avoid them, preferring the easier TMZ/FOX topics like her health. By doing this, you are adding (at best) nothing to the conversation. At worst, you are an obfuscater of intelligent debate, like a paid-for party lackey.
    and you have become a Hillary puppet blind to what has been happening since Obama has become President, if you are comfortable in that situation then by all means carry on ol' boy, you vote how you see fit and I'll vote for the candidate I see fit ....sound simple enough ?

Godfather.
    On the contrary, I've called for not letting hatred of Trump get in the way of holding Clinton accountable when she ought to be, and not for questioning her about tabloid-quality unsubstantiated nonsense. It actually weakens your cause when people have to read through grade school caliber questions, to find any with proof and merit. In other words, I'm not actually criticizing your critical nature, I'm criticizing the quality and the truthfulness of the issues you choose to argue.
    Benjs....you're not new here. You should know by now that actually trying to reason, albeit with verifiable facts, data, and evidence, is a battle you can't win with gf.

I think GF represents a typical human. He believes he knows best, he believes his logic or lack thereof is irrefutable, and he governs himself based on gut feelings and emotions - lest he be called 'cold', 'robotic', or 'unwaveringly idealistic'. People like this make up the masses, so it's important that we don't strictly focus on the impressionable, but also the ones who opine with conviction (regardless of what, or how much, logic they've used in the forming of their opinions).
    As mentioned by someone else....very well put.
    I appreciate your effort and it clearly comes from a good place.
    Thanks Bentleyspop, really appreciate that!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Free said:

I'm not sure why you keep harping on that. people have stated time and time again that while they are voting for hillary, they are doing so not because she's honest and trustworthy, etc, she is by far less dangerous a candidate than trump. it really is that simple.

SOME people. Gern, Russell and some others have done nothing but apologize for Clinton.
    That's laughable.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,767

benjs said:

Free said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

She looks and sounds just as good as Trump, so I don't understand what your problem is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    g under p said:

I'm not sure why you keep harping on that. people have stated time and time again that while they are voting for hillary, they are doing so not because she's honest and trustworthy, etc, she is by far less dangerous a candidate than trump. it really is that simple.

I think I'm getting to a crossroads here.....I'm here in Florida a much needed state by BOTH candidates. I see Trump everywhere I have to drive by his Mar Largo compound, His plane at PBI and his damn TI Golf Course. I know I'm not voting for Trump and I don't want to vote for Hillary either....it's like back in 2008 I was so fed up with politicians I voted for Ralph Nader. I feel like I'm right back there all over again. I'm still searching though.....

Peace

if this election was really depending on Florida for a winner then Trump would have it hands down, as you said I drive around and see nothing but Trump bumper stickers, yard signs and even a few business signs that support Trump (on US 1 near Hobe Sound) and everybody I've talked too about the election is voting Trump as well so it sure seems Trump owns this state and come to think of it I have not seen one Hillary bumper sticker or yard sign since I've been here.

Godfather.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I have seen a few trump signs. However, I have seen zero Hillary signs unless you want to count the Hillary for prison signs.
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

SOME people. Gern, Russell and some others have done nothing but apologize for Clinton.
    fair enough, your posts about this just made it sound, to me anyway, like all clinton supporters were blinded morons who question nothing. no different than people thinking all trump supporters are bigots.
    I never said all, in fact, It's never good to blanket label an entire group. There are just many here that have outright been Hillary apologists. Makes you wonder...
    Ugh, we get it. Can't you move on to something else, since pretty much no one agrees with you on this point anyhow? Maybe you could just copy and paste one standard post about all the "many" apologists here and keep posting it over and over and over again. Save yourself some time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,218

g under p said:

I think I'm getting to a crossroads here.....I'm here in Florida a much needed state by BOTH candidates. I see Trump everywhere I have to drive by his Mar Largo compound, His plane at PBI and his damn TI Golf Course. I know I'm not voting for Trump and I don't want to vote for Hillary either....it's like back in 2008 I was so fed up with politicians I voted for Ralph Nader. I feel like I'm right back there all over again. I'm still searching though.....

Peace

if this election was really depending on Florida for a winner then Trump would have it hands down, as you said I drive around and see nothing but Trump bumper stickers, yard signs and even a few business signs that support Trump (on US 1 near Hobe Sound) and everybody I've talked too about the election is voting Trump as well so it sure seems Trump owns this state and come to think of it I have not seen one Hillary bumper sticker or yard sign since I've been here.

Godfather.
    Seriously?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/florida/

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

here on the train or anywhere else for that matter what I believe or you believe matters not, meaning that when we go to vote your opinion will not change my mind nor mine yours so all the "facts" and all the apologies for Hillary and the trash talking about both of them is meaningless........but it has been fun !

Godfather.
  • Options
    .......BTW benjs that was a good post.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Can someone please show me a post where someone has apologized for Hillary? I'd just like a reference here, since it's the new catch phrase.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    PJ_Soul said:

Can someone please show me a post where someone has apologized for Hillary? I'd just like a reference here, since it's the new catch phrase.

I get paid by the Clinton apology post, but I don't get paid if I re-post the same thing. This particular post is sort of grey, so I'm not sure it's part of my billable posts invoice. I'll have to check my standard operating procedure.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I get paid by the Clinton apology post, but I don't get paid if I re-post the same thing. This particular post is sort of grey, so I'm not sure it's part of my billable posts invoice. I'll have to check my standard operating procedure.
    ????? HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHA !!!!!!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Tiki said:

Tiki said:

The Dallas Morning News on Tuesday declared Donald Trump is not qualified to serve as president, writing in an editorial that the GOP nominee does not represent Republican ideals.
    He should be appointed President of the New York Jets. He's qualified for that post. At least they're used to being a mess already.
    He tried football before....he ran the USFL team into the ground that he owned
    As a Patriots fan, I don't mind if he does that to the Jets. They don't need any help really.
    is that why the Pats cheat because they need the help? :rock_on:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,019

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

benjs said:

Free said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

here on the train or anywhere else for that matter what I believe or you believe matters not, meaning that when we go to vote your opinion will not change my mind nor mine yours so all the "facts" and all the apologies for Hillary and the trash talking about both of them is meaningless........but it has been fun !

Godfather.
    You've said this before, and I don't believe this is the case for you or me or anyone. Our positions are simply constructed from facts and bias. Take facts, add bias, and you have opinions. Opinions are fed to us, and those are what we use to form our positions. This is what happened to make any of us into a supporter of Candidate X. More impactful opinions can then be fed to us to grow our body of knowledge, and form better (or worse - if bias is far greater than factual basis) positions. So I truly believe that all of this, every single word we exchange here, is incredibly meaningful, and these conversations will absolutely drive change.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,185
    so everyone thinks Trump is getting destroyed on election day. current CNN/ORC polling numbers suggest he now leads:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/09/06/trump-edging-out-clinton-in-tight-election-contest-poll?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

so everyone thinks Trump is getting destroyed on election day. current CNN/ORC polling numbers suggest he now leads:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/09/06/trump-edging-out-clinton-in-tight-election-contest-poll?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not everyone
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Not everyone
    clearly.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

It's really Hillary apologists lying to the pollsters by saying they're supporting trump in an effort to make the trump campaign and his supporters overconfident and thus have them stay home on Election Day. Plus, polls are taken for dramatic effect and don't really matter.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

apologist
    noun [ C ] UK ​ /əˈpɒl.ə.dʒɪst/ US ​ /əˈpɑː.lə.dʒɪst/ formal

a person who supports a particular belief or political system, especially an unpopular one, and speaks or writes in defence of it:
    communism and its apologists
    There are few apologists for the old system.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Not everyone
    I knew someone had to post the news of the polls.

OH THE DRAMA!!
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Not everyone
    clearly.
    I think he loses by at least 10 points. The one thing Free and I do agree on are that polls are meaningless.
  • Options
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Not everyone

OH THE DRAMA!!
    it's not drama. why are polls considered meaningless?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Not everyone

OH THE DRAMA!!
    because national voting percentages mean nothing. it's all about electoral votes. Trump without PA, OH, and/or VA can't win. he is still losing in those states.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Not everyone

OH THE DRAMA!!
    because national voting percentages mean nothing. it's all about electoral votes. Trump without PA, OH, and/or VA can't win. he is still losing in those states.
    I assumed the polls would have taken that into consideration.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Polls are a media tool to influence behavior. They are used to create drama to make you think that they matter when they really don't. Media has to create drama in one way or another anyway...
  • Options
    Free said:

Polls are a media tool to influence behavior. They are used to create drama to make you think that they matter when they really don't. Media has to create drama in one way or another anyway...

I'm not new to this idea, I just thought that maybe the polling tools would have been a little more sophisticated than that.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,218

pjhawks said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

Not everyone

OH THE DRAMA!!
    I assumed the polls would have taken that into consideration.
    It is odd to watch my news feed and see "Trump now leads Clinton by 2% Nationwide" and then a few minutes later see "Clinton maintains 6 point national lead over Trump"

There are many many polls. What Nate Silver would say is that they are consistent. Some are consistently wrong and some are consistently right. His formula takes all of those into account.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

Even with Trump shrinking the polling gap he still shows Clinton with a 67% likelihood of being elected at this point. A few weeks ago it was closer to 80%
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Free said:

I'm not new to this idea, I just thought that maybe the polling tools would have been a little more sophisticated than that.
    I don't think polls take electoral votes into consideration at all. Why would they?
This discussion has been closed.