Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited August 2016

the pendulum is beginning to swing favorably the other way, quick somebody go to the onion and find something fast ! LOL !!

Godfather.

The pendulum has never left the Clinton side trump hasn't had a chance since he won the nomination.
    Even with email and foundation scandals, Trump has not made up any ground. The republicans nominated an unelectable candidate.

And now his campaign ceo is being accused of...wait for it...voter fraud. This stuff writes itself

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/26/steve-bannon-florida-registered-vote-donald-trump
    I watch a lot of right wing sites....it's amazing how they will manufacture headlines out of bullshit articles to keep the base bloodthirsty
    Today Drudge has a headline about Trump pulling ahead in a poll....that usc outlying tracking poll that had Trump up 7 a few weeks ago. Talk about manipulating stuff to your readers...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    edited August 2016
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-bannon-domestic-violence-charge
    Donald Trump’s recently hired campaign CEO was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence, battery and dissuading a witness in a January 1996 incident with his ex-wife, Politico reported Thursday.

Police reports and court documents obtained by the site show that Stephen Bannon got into a physical altercation with his then-wife at their Santa Monica, California home.

The woman, whom Politico did not name, told police that Bannon pulled at her neck and wrist during a fight about their finances and reportedly smashed the phone when she tried to call police. The police report notes that an officer saw red marks on her neck and wrist, according to Politico.

Bannon’s ex-wife did not appear in court, and he pleaded not guilty to the charges, which were ultimately dropped.

The couple divorced in January 1997. Bannon provides child support for the their twin girls, according to the report.

A spokeswoman for the far-right media mogul, currently on leave from his role as chairman at Breitbart News, told Politico that police never interviewed Bannon about the altercation.

"The bottom line is he has a great relationship with the twins, he has a great relationship with the ex-wife, he still supports them," spokeswoman Alexandra Preate told the site.

According to the police report obtained by Politico, the couple began fighting when Bannon’s ex-wife asked for a credit card to go shopping.

The argument reportedly escalated and became physical. Bannon's then-wife spat on him and he grabbed at her wrist and neck in response. The police report says that when the ex-wife attempted to call 911, Bannon “jumped over her and the twins to grab the phone from her. Once he got the phone, he threw it across the room.”

Though the phone was rendered unusable, according to the ex-wife, police still responded to the hung-up 911 call and arrived at the house, where they filed a report and photographed “red marks on her left wrist and the right side of her neck.”

Los Angeles County court documents obtained by Politico found that a complaint for misdemeanor domestic violence, battery, and dissuading a witness was filed by the Santa Monica District Attorney’s office in February 1996. Prosecutors dismissed the charges in August when Bannon’s ex-wife did not appear in court.

The couple was divorced soon afterward. The woman in the domestic violence case was Bannon’s second wife. He also paid spousal and child support to a wife and child from a previous marriage, Politico reported.

Bannon remarried for a third time to Diane Clohesy but the couple divorced in 2009, according to The Guardian.
    Trump always hires the BEST people....just ask him
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016

Honestly I never would have imagined that Hillary would have been given worse treatment than Obama. The GOP has a bigger problem with a woman than they did a black guy.

They impeached Bill Clinton so they must hate white men the worst then, right? How about they don't like Democratic presidents in general?

I'm sorry that when you see Obama and Clinton that you don't see them as people but you define them by their race and gender. I thought we were getting past this in America?

I don't know why I'm all of a sudden replying to your posts the last couple days. Time to get off the train for a while.

Excuse me...there was at least a reason to impeach Bill. The hatred toward Hillary is manufactured bullshit.
    That statement is pure comedy gold...there is enough evidence of Hillary being unfit to run her own life, nonetheless being president of the United States since her days as first lady

If it wasn't for Trump and his antics Hillary would be long gone

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    pjalive21 said:

Honestly I never would have imagined that Hillary would have been given worse treatment than Obama. The GOP has a bigger problem with a woman than they did a black guy.

They impeached Bill Clinton so they must hate white men the worst then, right? How about they don't like Democratic presidents in general?

I'm sorry that when you see Obama and Clinton that you don't see them as people but you define them by their race and gender. I thought we were getting past this in America?

I don't know why I'm all of a sudden replying to your posts the last couple days. Time to get off the train for a while.

Excuse me...there was at least a reason to impeach Bill. The hatred toward Hillary is manufactured bullshit.
    That statement is pure comedy gold...there is enough evidence of Hillary being unfit to run her own life, nonetheless being president of the United States since her days as first lady

What evidence is there that Hilary can't run her own life?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016

pjalive21 said:

Well when you husband gets busted having an affair while you are first lady with a sloppy intern that for one is a start...and must we not forget her pulling Bill's strings as first lady and the debauchery of her health care reform during this period leading to Repubs taking over in '94.... amongst her other fumbling's which are well documented

I just cant believe in 2016 this is the best the Democrats have to offer? and well then there is Trump

Make no mistake I pop in here every now and again and not trying to ruffle feathers, but Clinton gets under my skin on a personal level so my bias is obvious

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Well when you husband gets busted having an affair while you are first lady with a sloppy intern that for one is a start...and must we not forget her pulling Bill's strings as first lady and the debauchery of her health care reform during this period leading to Repubs taking over in '94.... amongst her other fumbling's which are well documented

I just cant believe in 2016 this is the best the Democrats have to offer? and well then there is Trump

Make no mistake I pop in here every now and again and not trying to ruffle feathers, but Clinton gets under my skin on a personal level so my bias is obvious

So she's unfit to be President because she's a strong manipulator and understands how to get get what she said wants, and because her husband had an affair. That's the best you can come up with?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited August 2016
    benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

So she's unfit to be President because she's a strong manipulator and understands how to get get what she said wants, and because her husband had an affair. That's the best you can come up with?
    I guess that's another way of saying "So she's unfit to be President because she's a back stabbing evil _____ who kill's her enemies and understands how to get away with it and will do what ever is necessary to get what she wants at any cost, and because her husband got more tail than a dog pound and probably still does.. That's the best you can come up with ?"

geeze I hear ya how petty can one be ?

Godfather.

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    edited August 2016
    Edit: Nevermind , the quote function just messed up on your post. Sorry about that.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    pjalive21 said:

She won the democratic nomination dude....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

She can't run her own life because her husband cheated on her? That's your argument? So of the millions of women who have been cheated on, which I'm sure include many on these boards, you're saying g they can run their own life?

And you really think she can't run her own life because her husband gave her a job to do?

Nice try. But I asked what evidence you had that she couldn't run her own life. Which is what you claimed. Weak.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited August 2016
    pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Wow you could've done a lot better than that
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

She can't run her own life because her husband cheated on her? That's your argument? So of the millions of women who have been cheated on, which I'm sure include many on these boards, you're saying g they can run their own life?

And you really think she can't run her own life because her husband gave her a job to do?

Nice try. But I asked what evidence you had that she couldn't run her own life. Which is what you claimed. Weak.
    The interesting part about HillaryCare is that it taught her the incrementalism that she practices today, and caused so much derision from the Bernie people. Hillary went for the home run, single payer in the 90's. And she got chewed up by the right wing, the media, special interests, etc. Today, she is more pragmatic and goes for numerous small wins over time. This has caused her grief on the left, but it's a more practical strategy.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited August 2016

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

because she's a back stabbing evil _____ who kill's her enemies

Godfather.

Keep digging.

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited August 2016

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

I guess that's another way of saying "So she's unfit to be President because she's a back stabbing evil _____ who kill's her enemies and understands how to get away with it and will do what ever is necessary to get what she wants at any cost, and because her husband got more tail than a dog pound and probably still does.. That's the best you can come up with ?"

Godfather.

Lol. A good rant, GF.

I have to ask though... why the apostrophe in kill's? And the double period after '... still does'?

You are an interesting man. I'm not being condescending... I'm being sincere.
    Post edited by Kat on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,780
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    Trump going on a twitter tirade about helping hispanics and african americans, saying "i will fix this". Yet again, all these ridiculous claims with zero substance.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Lol. A good rant, GF.

I have to ask though... why the apostrophe in kill's? And the double period after '... still does'?

Not cool.
  • Options
    unsung said:

benjs said:

pjalive21 said:

pjalive21 said:

Godfather.

Lol. A good rant, GF.

Not cool.
    GF knows what I'm getting at.

He tackles the entire MT and hardly ever loses his cool. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I like him. I've stated this several times. You've misunderstood my intent.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Fine. If you say so.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Fine. If you say so.

Maybe I've misread you? Are you trying to say something I haven't understood?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,039

...all these ridiculous claims with zero substance.

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

Trump going on a twitter tirade about helping hispanics and african americans, saying "i will fix this". Yet again, all these ridiculous claims with zero substance.

His substance was already laid out by what's happened under democratic governors in inner cities. He's not trying to give insight into what he'll do, he's trying to pull Hillary out of her ihop booth. That's what his plan this week has been- to lure out the hildabeast so her numbers drop. Every time she speaks, holds a press conference, or does anything publicly, her numbers fall, every time she hides and stays quiet, they rise. Trumps campaign saw this and knew hey needed to bait the beast, so they scattered reeses wrappers and ihop coupons around in the form of him talking about the plight of minorities under democratic governance, knowing she'd bite. She came out of the cage and started yapping her jowls again. We'll see what happens next, but I know I'm going to get more popcorn, this show is fantastic this year.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

unsung said:

Fine. If you say so.

It just seemed...very condescending. If it wasn't, then no worries.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited August 2016

pjalive21 said:

By CHEATING.

Something her supporters refuse to admiit.
    Post edited by Free on
  • Options
    Free said:

pjalive21 said:

By CHEATING.
    Hahaha...what?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2016
    So you don't know what SuperDs were for...
  • Options
    Free said:

So you don't know what SuperDs were for...

Sure I do. Your point is...?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If you choose to look the other way when this election was clearly a rigged event by Clinton, then you're, well, a typical Clinton supporter.

When super delegates were bought and paid to NOT represent the constituents, but to vote for Clinton, you CHEATED.

Shall we recall the Dem Convention and the shit that was pulled there as well? And massive voter suppression across the country.

Dude, I know you're Canadian, so whatev. Attempt to bait...
  • Options
    Free said:

If you choose to look the other way when this election was clearly a rigged event by Clinton, then you're, well, a typical Clinton supporter.

When super delegates were bought and paid to NOT represent the constituents, but to vote for Clinton, you CHEATED.

Shall we recall the Dem Convention and the shit that was pulled there as well? And massive voter suppression across the country.

Dude, I know you're Canadian, so whatev. Attempt to bait...

I'm not a clinton supporter. I'm a trump fearer. I'm not baiting. I will readily admit I'm a novice on how american politics works. It was actually pretty recent that I begun to understand what super delegates are for, and i would tend to agree that it seems super shady. Basically you can purchase the nomination. But within the democratic party, that isnt, as awful as it sounds, cheating. Its part of the rules. It really makes no sense to me that the party itself would risk nominating clinton and possibly losing to trump, when sanders would have cruised to victory over trump. But again, i may not understand the process/motivations of the party entirely.

Anyway, again, I wasn't baiting. Just hadnt seen that claim before. I dont read all the political threads all the time, so i easily could have missed something.

Cheers!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Fine. If you say so.

It just seemed...very condescending. If it wasn't, then no worries.
    It wasn't, but all good- I understand you were intending to come to support someone.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.