Trump

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Not sure if this has been posted before but this is a solid read about how Trump has divided the conservative media:

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservative-media-trump-drudge-coulter-2016-8
    www.myspace.com
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is a solid read about how Trump has divided the conservative media:

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservative-media-trump-drudge-coulter-2016-8

"We have reached the bizarro-world point where, for all intents and purposes, conservatives are RINOs," said John Ziegler, a nationally syndicated conservative talk show host who called Andrew Breitbart a friend. "There is no place now for real conservatives. We've also reached the point, I say, we've left the gravitational pull of the rational Earth, where we are now in a situation where facts don't matter, truth doesn't matter, logic doesn't matter."

Newton echoed that sentiment.

"You look at someone who a few cycles might have been derided as a right-wing lunatic, now they aren't conservative enough," he said. "People who were darlings of the conservative movement are now RINOs. I consider myself a fairly conservative person on most issues, and you wouldn't believe the kind of hate that is being spewed at me on Twitter. The pendulum has definitely swung."

Good stuff, thanks for sharing.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    2 years ago Paul Ryan was the great white hope for conservatives and now they consider him Obama's lackey, bizarro world has come and gone.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • dignin said:
    It's a rough world out there when you have to deal with how liberal live in this the world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wRv4t3COGA
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    ^^"Everythings grand"? Yikes.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

dignin said:
    It's a rough world out there when you have to deal with how liberal live in this the world.
    Wow, worst comeback video ever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    So being optimistic and positive is a bad thing?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

dignin said:
    That has got to be the least creative political commentary video I have ever seen.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    rgambs said:

2 years ago Paul Ryan was the great white hope for conservatives and now they consider him Obama's lackey, bizarro world has come and gone.

Anything even slightly left of freaking Hitler is considered bleeding heart liberal to Trumphadists. George Will is now referred as a liberal to idiots.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    dignin said:
    I won't even comment on the other video but this, THIS is great!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    brianlux said:

dignin said:
    I disagree... where's all the raping in that last mirror reflection?
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
    caifan82 said:

brianlux said:

dignin said:
    I disagree... where's all the raping in that last mirror reflection?
    I did not know Trump believes Hispanic males are all racists. Would not surprise me though. In any case, I thought the video was well done and makes some good points.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    So Trumps whack doc states that he knows Clintons health is not good but has never ever even had her in his office... Yeah ok there's nothing wrong here lol
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

So Trumps whack doc states that he knows Clintons health is not good but has never ever even had her in his office... Yeah ok there's nothing wrong here lol

Yeah, he said he talked to her doctor... Therefore... Clinton's doctor violated HIPAA and then Trump's doctor violated it too... Uh huh...

Michael MooreVerified account
    @MMFlint
    New NBC poll now shows Hillary losing ground to Trump and is only 4 pts ahead in the nationwide 4-person race (w/ libertarians & greens).

www.headstonesband.com

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

@MMFlint
    New NBC poll now shows Hillary losing ground to Trump and is only 4 pts ahead in the nationwide 4-person race (w/ libertarians & greens).

6 pt lead is still pretty substantial at this point. RCP avg has it at 5. Had to expect the polls to tighten up a bit. I'd say considering all of the bad stuff about her emails and the foundation to still be up 5-6% is bad news for Trump.
    www.myspace.com

@MMFlint

I like Michael Moore but he's been dead wrong on this election. Now he is cherry picking polls to try and back up his proclamation that Trump was gonna win. Kinda like a week or so ago when he said Trump was throwing the election, he seems to be doing back-flips to try and save face.

Everyone is far better off checking this website http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/ to get a much more whole picture of the race.
    dignin said:

@MMFlint

I like Michael Moore but he's been dead wrong on this election. Now he is cherry picking polls to try and back up his proclamation that Trump was gonna win. Kinda like a week or so ago when he said Trump was throwing the election, he seems to be doing back-flips to try and save face.

Everyone is far better off checking this website http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/ to get a much more whole picture of the race.
    I think what he's doing is trying to scare the moderates to make sure to vote so it doesn't happen.

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426

dignin said:

@MMFlint

I think what he's doing is trying to scare the moderates to make sure to vote so it doesn't happen.
    That's it...he was on Bill Maher and they both agreed that they would keep saying that to get the moderates out.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Oh yay! More poll drama to wrap everyone up in it!! Give the media a high five!
    Free said:

but remember.....polls are meaningless unless they show your desired outcome! then they are reputable!

www.headstonesband.com

dignin said:

@MMFlint

That's what I thought too, until he went on that rant about how Trump didn't want it. But if it gets moderates out to vote, he is doing everyone a service.
  • caifan82caifan82 Posts: 321
    brianlux said:

I did not know Trump believes Hispanic males are all racists. Would not surprise me though. In any case, I thought the video was well done and makes some good points.

Yeah, i was being sarcastic, forgot to add the respective smiley... ;)
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

@MMFlint

Nationwide polls are meaningless. it's all about the swing states and Trump is still way behind in most of them. the electoral votes right now just don't favor Trump having a chance at getting enough to win.

Free said:

but remember.....polls are meaningless unless they show your desired outcome! then they are reputable!
    Posting poll results regardless of what they show does not prove they work or not. But they do produce lots and lots of drama! Drama that keeps people looking at that rather than real issues! Ha ha!
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

Free said:

Posting poll results regardless of what they show does not prove they work or not. But they do produce lots and lots of drama! Drama that keeps people looking at that rather than real issues! Ha ha!
    I wonder what it's like to walk around with such a low opinion of everyone.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Free said:

Free said:

I wonder what it's like to walk around with such a low opinion of everyone.
    :confused:

Just keep watching the drama of national polls. That enough will keep everyone busy. :)
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/30/ex-trump-models-recall-sweatshop-gig.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

We'll see if this develops into anything...
    Despite building his presidential campaign on fears of foreign labor stealing American jobs, Donald Trump’s prestigious modeling agency allegedly forced foreign models to work illegally in the United States, often under “sweatshop”-like conditions. According to a Mother Jones report, at least three non-citizen ex-Trump models were employed by the agency without the proper work visas—two of whom said they were encouraged by Trump Model Management to purposely deceive customs officials about why they were visiting the United States and to lie about their intended place of stay. In an interview, Canadian-born model Rachel Blais said that Trump’s agency is “the most crooked agency I’ve ever worked for, and I’ve worked for quite a few,” and several others recalled “sweatshop”-like housing conditions and the company’s insistence on charging high rent for the model dormitories. “It is like modern-day slavery” Blais added.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    A lot of people still seem to be worried Trump might win. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but really, worrying about Trump is a waste of energy. I am more concerned that Hillary will win by the greatest landslide in U.S. presidential election history giving her a false attribute of importance. She not only not that great, she's not great at all.

"HRC, greatest victor in US presidential history": this will go down historically as a misnomer.

This discussion has been closed.