Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    brianlux said:

A lot of people still seem to be worried Trump might win. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but really, worrying about Trump is a waste of energy. I am more concerned that Hillary will win by the greatest landslide in U.S. presidential election history giving her a false attribute of importance. She not only not that great, she's not great at all.

"HRC, greatest victor in US presidential history": this will go down historically as a misnomer.

It's unlikely she will be remembered for hat during our lifetime. People alive during this election will always know she ran against a guy that really didn't want to win. Now in 100 years, depending on how history treats trump, she may end up with a title like that.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited August 2016
    brianlux said:

A lot of people still seem to be worried Trump might win. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but really, worrying about Trump is a waste of energy. I am more concerned that Hillary will win by the greatest landslide in U.S. presidential election history giving her a false attribute of importance. She not only not that great, she's not great at all.

"HRC, greatest victor in US presidential history": this will go down historically as a misnomer.

Never say never Brian. I think at this point most people are just acknowledging that anything can happen in this shit show of an election. They are also saying that they don't trust a great portion of the American population to make a decent decision. And the failure of the left to actually go to the polls probably sits at the back of a lot of people's minds too. I think that doubt is justified personally. Sure, with the way Trump seems to be throwing the election now, it is getting more and more unlikely.... however, the American voters seem very emotional and fickle, and at the same time, there is the whole "I have info that will get Hillary arrested" Assange thing hanging ominously in the background..... so yeah.... you just never know. I personally won't be fully comfortable until the winner is called. In the last BC provincial elections, everyone was absolutely sure that the NDP would win. The polls had them ahead by something like 8 points the day before the election and it seemed like a done deal on election day .... and then the BC Liberals won. It was shocking.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/30/ex-trump-models-recall-sweatshop-gig.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

We'll see if this develops into anything...

Despite building his presidential campaign on fears of foreign labor stealing American jobs, Donald Trump’s prestigious modeling agency allegedly forced foreign models to work illegally in the United States, often under “sweatshop”-like conditions. According to a Mother Jones report, at least three non-citizen ex-Trump models were employed by the agency without the proper work visas—two of whom said they were encouraged by Trump Model Management to purposely deceive customs officials about why they were visiting the United States and to lie about their intended place of stay. In an interview, Canadian-born model Rachel Blais said that Trump’s agency is “the most crooked agency I’ve ever worked for, and I’ve worked for quite a few,” and several others recalled “sweatshop”-like housing conditions and the company’s insistence on charging high rent for the model dormitories. “It is like modern-day slavery” Blais added.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293834-foreign-models-say-they-worked-illegally-through-trumps

picked up by the Hill
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    brianlux said:

The country is too divided for a huuuuuge landslide like that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    brianlux said:

I think what's more worrisome, Brian, is the actual number of people voting. Being the year of the most unpopular candidates in US history, who will be voting?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,299
    sooooo....

about this wall and deportations.

eric trump said that this will have to be in "baby steps."

none of the "on day one" crap that trump has been spouting for the last year.

so predictable. so sad.

this pivot ( i mean 180 degree flip )is not going to help him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401

sooooo....

about this wall and deportations.

eric trump said that this will have to be in "baby steps."

none of the "on day one" crap that trump has been spouting for the last year.

so predictable. so sad.

this pivot ( i mean 180 degree flip )is not going to help him.

AND the Mexican President has asked to meet with Drumph. BEFORE he gives his immigration speech.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Now it appears as if he will keep his original position and that he was just test driving these latest nuances to see how they would play out (sure, he's not a politician at all!).

Will be an interesting day.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    edited August 2016
    mickeyrat said:

AND the Mexican President has asked to meet with Drumph. BEFORE he gives his immigration speech.

We just have the worst president EVER... and that's saying something. I have no idea what he is thinking meeting with Trump right now... He's just being destroyed by the media down here, and yet it's like he doesn't care. it's like he lives in an alternate reality where everything he does is great, and everybody loves him.
    There's just NO WAY he comes looking good after this meeting, other than bitch slapping Trump on national TV... but considering he has as much spine as a garden snail, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I'm just speechless... Just when I thought the "president" couldn't go any lower, he surprises me...
    Post edited by caifan82 on
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    caifan82 said:

mickeyrat said:

We just have the worst president EVER... and that's saying something. I have no idea what he is thinking meeting with Trump right now... He's just being destroyed by the media down here, and yet it's like he doesn't care. it's like he lives in an alternate reality where everything he does is great, and everybody loves him.
    There's just NO WAY he comes looking good after this meeting, other than bitch slapping Trump on national TV... but considering he has has much spine as a garden snail, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I'm just speechless... Just when I thought the "president" couldn't go any lower, he surprises me...
    why any sitting government official of any country would have a meeting with a CANDIDATE for president boggles my mind.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

why any sitting government official of any country would have a meeting with a CANDIDATE for president boggles my mind.

You're not alone... Everyone is in shock here... And it's not an hyperbole.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the two most unpopular presidential candidates in more than 30 years of ABC News/Washington Post polling.

An ABC News/Washington Post poll released Wednesday found that Clinton’s unfavorability rating with U.S. adults has gone up 6 points in three weeks. The shift comes as more questions have been raised about her private email server and the relationship with her family’s charity while she was secretary of State.

Among U.S. adults, Clinton now has a 56% unfavorability rating, while Trump had 63%.

And with registered voters, the two are basically tied: Clinton has 59% unfavorability and Trump has 60%.

Previously, former president George H.W. Bush had the highest unfavorable rating for a major-party candidate, in 1992. Bill Clinton won that election.

The telephone poll was conducted Aug. 24-28 and included 1,020 adults. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.5 points.

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/31/poll-clinton-trump-most-unfavorable-candidates-ever/89644296/
  • Options
    edited August 2016

caifan82 said:

mickeyrat said:

There's just NO WAY he comes looking good after this meeting, other than bitch slapping Trump on national TV... but considering he has has much spine as a garden snail, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Yeah, it's pretty fucked up.
    Makes me wonder just wtf Trump and Enrique Peña Nieto are up to. Perhaps Trump is using his candidacy to wheel and deal with Mexico in kind of the same way he's using it to apparently slide into some kind of future right wing media empire with his creepy-ass campaign advisors.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Oh boy, now the new controversy is that Trump's campaign manager has said that if women were stronger rape wouldn't exist. I guess the assumption is that this comment means she's saying that female weakness is responsible for the rape crisis in the world, as opposed to the rapists being responsible.
    I dunno. I mean, it might be true that if women were stronger than men, one-on-one rape might not exist.... there would probably be a lot more gang rapes. :neutral:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh boy, now the new controversy is that Trump's campaign manager has said that if women were stronger rape wouldn't exist. I guess the assumption is that this comment means she's saying that female weakness is responsible for the rape crisis in the world, as opposed to the rapists being responsible.
    I dunno. I mean, it might be true that if women were stronger than men, one-on-one rape might not exist.... there would probably be a lot more gang rapes. :neutral:

trickling down to Hillary (woman) being weaker than Trump (rapist, um, I mean, man)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Maybe Mexico is setting a trap?
  • Options

the bad thing about this photo is that i now really, really want a taco bowl
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    I shall have a taco bowl for dinner tonight!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Gotta go to Trump Tower for it. THE BEST!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The possibilities are endless on how the next several hours will unfold.

• Options

Jason P said:

Dang, should have stopped to get one at the Chicago Trump Tower when PJ was playing.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Not really... we have a spineless president. They will just say that they have reached some understandings to keep working on the binational relationship, to work on fixing immigration, without any drama, no apologies from Trump, no bitch slaps from Peña Nieto, just blablabla... Trump will say something like "I love Mexicans, they are the best, no one loves mexicans more than me!".... and then, hours later in Arizona, he will say that he dominated Peña Nieto, and that he convinced him to pay for the wall... And that wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Peña Nieto would give Yucatán to the US just to avoid any kind of confrontation.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Dang, should have stopped to get one at the Chicago Trump Tower when PJ was playing.
    I read that he lied about getting it at Trump tower. Someone checked the Trump Tower restaurant menus and they don't even serve a Taco Bowl, lol.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Mexico detains Trump at border; "America is not sending us their best"

Judging by this Trump person who was apprehended, it's clear that America is sending us their worst,” said Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto. “Take this man’s history; multiple bankruptcies, ties to questionable foreign businessmen and mobsters, plus his orange skin indicates that he has some sort of advanced jaundice. We believe the Mexican people would be safer if people like Donald Trump were kept out of our country.”

Authorities detained Trump at the border after a cursory Google search revealed dozens of inflammatory, anti-Mexican comments made by the Republican candidate. Officials then interrogated the real estate mogul to determine whether he had any connections to other violent anti-Mexican groups, and where he was radicalized.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/us/item/2906-mexico-detains-trump-at-border-america-is-not-sending-us-their-best
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    caifan82 said:

Jason P said:

Not really... we have a spineless president. They will just say that they have reached some understandings to keep working on the binational relationship, to work on fixing immigration, without any drama, no apologies from Trump, no bitch slaps from Peña Nieto, just blablabla... Trump will say something like "I love Mexicans, they are the best, no one loves mexicans more than me!".... and then, hours later in Arizona, he will say that he dominated Peña Nieto, and that he convinced him to pay for the wall... And that wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Peña Nieto would give Yucatán to the US just to avoid any kind of confrontation.
    I bet your correct on all points , and thanks for posting here at least you live there and know what people are talking about !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Holy shit. No wonder trump doesn't use teleprompters. He sucks at speeches when they're written out for him.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661

Holy shit. No wonder trump doesn't use teleprompters. He sucks at speeches when they're written out for him.

hahaha, wtf is going on here. Could this be any less heartfelt?
  • Options
    Who's paying for the wall, Donald?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    lol....he just said "we didn't discuss who will be paying for the wall". Total dumbass
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

lol....he just said "we didn't discuss who will be paying for the wall". Total dumbass

hahahaha. It's unreal. Pretty tough guy he is.
This discussion has been closed.