Trump

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

As much as I think Trump is dangerous and irresponsible and unfit for the presidency, I honestly believe he was not insinuating that HRC be shot. This is just the way the guy speaks. Always in very vague terms that aren't always clear. I really think he was saying as he stated later, that they need to unify for influence. He was speaking, previous to the comment in question, in context of her appointed judges taking away their second Ammendment rights, but you dont see the full quote on most liberal news sources.

But he was clearly talking about what action could be taken once she was elected...
    Yes, he was. And to me he was stating the gun crowd should band together and fight what he thinks will be an attack on the second ammendment. That in no way implies he is insightjng violence against her.

I get it. This is trump. He says crazy shit. He says stupid shit. But i really don't think he meant what everyone is saying he meant.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562

As much as I think Trump is dangerous and irresponsible and unfit for the presidency, I honestly believe he was not insinuating that HRC be shot. This is just the way the guy speaks. Always in very vague terms that aren't always clear. I really think he was saying as he stated later, that they need to unify for influence. He was speaking, previous to the comment in question, in context of her appointed judges taking away their second Ammendment rights, but you dont see the full quote on most liberal news sources.

But he was clearly talking about what action could be taken once she was elected...
    Yes, he was. And to me he was stating the gun crowd should band together and fight what he thinks will be an attack on the second ammendment. That in no way implies he is insightjng violence against her.

I get it. This is trump. He says crazy shit. He says stupid shit. But i really don't think he meant what everyone is saying he meant.

I think people take him too literal. I see your point and agree. People tend to get their panties in a bunch with everything he says but don't take into account who we're talking about here. He's not half as serious as people take him.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    And what actual evidence is there that he's not serious?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    A politician is responsible for the words he says along with the explicit and implicit message. In other words, he is responsible for what he says, and how people hear him.
  • mschostokmschostok Posts: 858

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think he was suggesting she be shot, rather I think he was hinting at the possibility of an armed rebellion or militia of some sort. Regardless of how you interpret it, what the guy said was irresponsible, reckless, and plain ignorant; again reminding everyone with a brain why he just cannot be the leader of the free world.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Free said:

I think people take him too literal. I see your point and agree. People tend to get their panties in a bunch with everything he says but don't take into account who we're talking about here. He's not half as serious as people take him.
    That may be a good excuse for someone running to be a dog catcher, but we're talking about someone who wants to be the leader of the free world. I take everything he says serious. Everyone should.

When he goes back to being a reality TV star I will go back to taking him for the joke he is.
    mrussel1 said:

A politician is responsible for the words he says along with the explicit and implicit message. In other words, he is responsible for what he says, and how people hear him.

Apparently not.
    edited August 2016
    dignin said:

Free said:

That may be a good excuse for someone running to be a dog catcher, but we're talking about someone who wants to be the leader of the free world. I take everything he says serious. Everyone should.

When he goes back to being a reality TV star I will go back to taking him for the joke he is.
    So we can live in chronic fear of a fake haired, self-tanned clown narcissist who has gotten away with everything he's said? Think about that, as well as think about how long this will all continue until somebody (and who would that be?) fires him? Trump is merely pushing the people's buttons, while the media celebrates the drama/entertainment/ratings/fear inducing he brings them.

Just wait for the next shocking thing to come out of his mouth. Because you know it will, like diarrhea.
    Post edited by Free on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

dignin said:

Shoot her or the judges? I read it as judges.

Either way, more crazy as fuck coming from Trump....his own worst enemy.

When Trump started gaining momentum, I used to go to news pages with feelings of dread as his mug would be splashed around. So these recent weeks have been pure gold and I look forward to what he said each day! Bring me more!
    :lol: I do know what you mean.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited August 2016

And what actual evidence is there that he's not serious?

None really. The only evidence is that it's all so ridiculous it's sometimes feels impossible to fully believe.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Being misunderstood is always the excuse. It's a pattern.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/seven-times-trump-was-misunderstood-226846
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    mrussel1 said:

Except he's not a politician

He's a snake oil salesman
    A con man
    A carnival barker
    A reality tv show host
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    edited August 2016
    get over your bruised feelings and wake up

Woot

Crooked Hillary, The Devil, is unfit to serve as commander in chief

Bloodclot
    Post edited by Friday13 on
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited August 2016

dignin said:

Shoot her or the judges? I read it as judges.

Either way, more crazy as fuck coming from Trump....his own worst enemy.

When Trump started gaining momentum, I used to go to news pages with feelings of dread as his mug would be splashed around. So these recent weeks have been pure gold and I look forward to what he said each day! Bring me more!
    I haven't felt this way since Charlie Sheen went crazy and those leaked audio clips of Mel Gibson going full psycho! :lol:

If only Bill Maher didn't take a month off now. So much material for the next episode.
    Friday13 said:

get over your bruised feelings and wake up

Woot

Crooked Hillary, The Devil, is unfit to serve as commander in chief

Bloodclot

Very compelling argument.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited August 2016
    Free said:

Why get panties in a bunch when he only has a 12 percent chance of winning on Nate Silver's site? He's gonna lose.

You're gonna lose, Trump.

Trump has been making veiled political threats for the last several months. He hinted at violence at the convention if they tried to deny him the nomination, he invited Russia to hack an American politician, he hinted at political bloodshed if he doesn't win the 'rigged' election and now this. It's gone from kinda funny, to offensive and now to reckless.
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    You better watch out
    You better not cry
    You'd better not pout
    I'm telling you why

bloodclot not fit to be commander in chief

Woot
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616

Trump should compete in the limbo... because he goes so low. image
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426

And didn't he also say "which would be a horrible day"?... That implies a shooting
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

And didn't he also say "which would be a horrible day"?... That implies a shooting
    Yes he did. Why would a political movement make for a horrible day? It wouldn't.
    Of course, the violence he was inciting would make a pretty horrible day.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know. But — but I’ll tell you what. That will be a horrible day. If — if Hillary gets to put her judges — right now, we’re tied. You see what’s going on.
    I agree with Paul Ryan...a joke gone bad

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/gordon-humphrey-donald-trump-226848

This former GOP Senator sees it the same way...

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited August 2016
    Shut it down, Don. Joking or not, a candidate for president should not even contemplate such a thing publicly with all the wackos in this country. Secret service even had to say they are aware of this situation.

Drop out now. Save yourself, and your party, the embarrassment in November. You are on a pinnacle no longer...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290953-scarborough-the-gop-should-remove-trump-as-nominee
    "A bloody line has been crossed that cannot be ignored. At long last, Donald Trump has left the Republican Party few options but to act decisively and get this political train wreck off the tracks before something terrible happens," wrote the former Republican congressman.
    Trump at a rally Tuesday appeared to joke about the possibility of gun owners taking action against Clinton.

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

Many people took Trump's comments as a joke about the assassination of the Democratic presidential nominee, though Trump said Tuesday that's not what he intended.

Scarborough said the Secret Service should interview Trump and ask him to explain his comments and Speaker Paul Ryan should revoke his endorsement.

"Paul Ryan and every Republican leader should denounce in the strongest terms their GOP nominee suggesting conservatives could find the Supreme Court more favorable to their desires if his political rival was assassinated," he wrote.

"Paul Ryan and every Republican leader should revoke their endorsement of Donald Trump. At this point, what else could Trump do that would be worse that implying the positive impact of a political assassination?"

Scarborough has been a constant critic of Trump throughout the campaign.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290953-scarborough-the-gop-should-remove-trump-as-nominee

"A bloody line has been crossed that cannot be ignored. At long last, Donald Trump has left the Republican Party few options but to act decisively and get this political train wreck off the tracks before something terrible happens," wrote the former Republican congressman.
    Trump at a rally Tuesday appeared to joke about the possibility of gun owners taking action against Clinton.

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

Many people took Trump's comments as a joke about the assassination of the Democratic presidential nominee, though Trump said Tuesday that's not what he intended.

Scarborough said the Secret Service should interview Trump and ask him to explain his comments and Speaker Paul Ryan should revoke his endorsement.

"Paul Ryan and every Republican leader should denounce in the strongest terms their GOP nominee suggesting conservatives could find the Supreme Court more favorable to their desires if his political rival was assassinated," he wrote.

"Paul Ryan and every Republican leader should revoke their endorsement of Donald Trump. At this point, what else could Trump do that would be worse that implying the positive impact of a political assassination?"

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAH that's it ?????? shit fuzzy these people are paranoid ! or just plane stupid.

Godfather.

edited August 2016

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAH that's it ?????? shit fuzzy these people are paranoid ! or just plane stupid.

Godfather.

really?
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Godfather.

Just plain stupid is a presidential candidate that speaks in such an unintelligent way that that it is rarely clear what he actually means. He rambles and rambles and shit like this comes out.

The statement has to be interpreted one way or another, because it doesn't make sense as it was given. The ability to speak in complete sentences is one that Trump should learn.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited August 2016

Godfather.

really?
    oh sweet, sweet irony...

That sort of thing always reminds me of a classic Homer clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    if that's the extent of the mud you guy's can dig up on Trump then I'd say your willingness to support Hillary is uneducated to say the least but if your voting strictly on a popularity basis your vote is wasted.
    he has no dead bodies surrounding his career, he hasn't been accused of selling uranium to the Soviets, he hasn't been accused of email discrepancies (to put it lightly) he was not caught lowballing his opponent to have him removed from the race.....shit I can go on and on and the most you'll be able to counter with is his company has products made over sea's ? you guy's arguing for a straight up villain and attacking a guy who has nothing to win financially by running this race, can Hillary say the same ???? fuck no ! he's personally employed more people than Hillary ever will......and he doesn't have to lie or hide anything to run his campaign......so tell me why on earth would anybody vote for Hillary ?????

Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.