Trump

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I think you should have your head examined even for thinking of running for president .... the media puts you under a microscope in the states. That's what makes Trump running seem more like a joke gone wrong by him...most billionaires are just content contributing to the campaign and pulling the strings that way...

What is amazing to me is that several of the 13 guys on Trump's economic team have contributed over $100K to Trump superPacs. After all that talk about how he couldn't be bought he puts the very people that bought him on his "economic team." I'm not seeing the outrage from the Trumpeters yet.
    If he is willing to do the buying, then he is going to be willing to be bought. This is what he recently said during one of the debates:

Q: You've also supported a host of other liberal policies, you've also donated to several Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton included, Nancy Pelosi. You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business related favors. And you said recently, quote, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do.

TRUMP: You better believe it... I will tell you that our system is broken. I gave to many people. Before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me. And that's a broken system.

The fucking idiot is whining about a broken system that he is very consciously a contributor to and supporter of if it serves his purposes, and he doesn't even seem to notice the irony, lol.
    Yeah it's weird. I actually thought he was going to do what he said...self fund his campaign. He might have been a contender if that was the case.

I don't think he has as much money as he says he has. If anything he is equity rich but that only gets you so far....he's cash poor for sure, that's why he promises to donate millions to charity and then never does.
    I'm wondering if he has filed the FEC paperwork to forgive the loans he made to his campaign, like he promised. As of last month, he hadn't done it yet.
    I never thought he was going to self fund. Isn't he "loaning himself" money to be paid back by campaign contributions?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

I think you should have your head examined even for thinking of running for president .... the media puts you under a microscope in the states. That's what makes Trump running seem more like a joke gone wrong by him...most billionaires are just content contributing to the campaign and pulling the strings that way...

What is amazing to me is that several of the 13 guys on Trump's economic team have contributed over $100K to Trump superPacs. After all that talk about how he couldn't be bought he puts the very people that bought him on his "economic team." I'm not seeing the outrage from the Trumpeters yet.
    If he is willing to do the buying, then he is going to be willing to be bought. This is what he recently said during one of the debates:

Q: You've also supported a host of other liberal policies, you've also donated to several Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton included, Nancy Pelosi. You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business related favors. And you said recently, quote, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do.

TRUMP: You better believe it... I will tell you that our system is broken. I gave to many people. Before this, before two months ago, I was a businessman. I give to everybody. When they call, I give. And you know what? When I need something from them, two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me. And that's a broken system.

The fucking idiot is whining about a broken system that he is very consciously a contributor to and supporter of if it serves his purposes, and he doesn't even seem to notice the irony, lol.
    Yeah it's weird. I actually thought he was going to do what he said...self fund his campaign. He might have been a contender if that was the case.

I don't think he has as much money as he says he has. If anything he is equity rich but that only gets you so far....he's cash poor for sure, that's why he promises to donate millions to charity and then never does.
    I'm wondering if he has filed the FEC paperwork to forgive the loans he made to his campaign, like he promised. As of last month, he hadn't done it yet.
    I never thought he was going to self fund. Isn't he "loaning himself" money to be paid back by campaign contributions?
    Something like that. The Trump "self-funding" thing is basically a scam.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited August 2016
    He has no chance ... Will he drop out? I don't even think a major wikileaks bombshell would change the outcome.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/after-saying-he-forgave-loans-campaign-trump-won-t-release-n601596
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/after-saying-he-forgave-loans-campaign-trump-won-t-release-n601596
    Why does he have to file paperwork to tell himself he's not paying back the loans?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-could-stop-clinton
    Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump appeared to joke about the possibility that Hillary Clinton could be shot in remarks at a campaign rally Tuesday in Wilmington, N.C.
    Trump was discussing the possibility that Clinton, the Democratic nominee, would be able to appoint liberal justices to the Supreme Court if she wins the race for the White House.

He then said that there was nothing that could be done in that scenario, before mentioning “Second Amendment folks.”

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment folks, maybe there is, I don't know.”

On Twitter, a number of observers noted that it appeared that Trump was discussing the possibility, even if he were joking, that Clinton could be shot.
    This might be the final nail in the coffin....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Why does he have to file paperwork to tell himself he's not paying back the loans?
    Because the money isn't his, it's his campaign's which is a separate legal entity. So he has to file with the FEC to officially absolve the campaign of the debt.
    Jesus Christ, that is so irresponsible. As soon as he finds the bottom, he just keeps digging.
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Because the money isn't his, it's his campaign's which is a separate legal entity. So he has to file with the FEC to officially absolve the campaign of the debt.
    So once it's spent on a campaign, the FEC has to get involved?

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Yes. Donations or contributions to a political campaign are governed by the FEC.

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Their rules take over yes....you can't just pull money out of a campaign without properly disclosing that it was a loan.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

Yeah he likes pyramids !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290892-trump-says-second-amendment-folks-could-stop-clinton

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump appeared to joke about the possibility that Hillary Clinton could be shot in remarks at a campaign rally Tuesday in Wilmington, N.C.
    Trump was discussing the possibility that Clinton, the Democratic nominee, would be able to appoint liberal justices to the Supreme Court if she wins the race for the White House.

He then said that there was nothing that could be done in that scenario, before mentioning “Second Amendment folks.”

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment folks, maybe there is, I don't know.”

On Twitter, a number of observers noted that it appeared that Trump was discussing the possibility, even if he were joking, that Clinton could be shot.
    This might be the final nail in the coffin....

That's rich considering a recent failed assassination attempt in Vegas recently by a Brit.
  • I believe it. Shit like this is what his supporters love. It's how he got nominated. That shit isn't going to help him in a general. I honestly think he will get destroyed in the debates and likewise in the general because of stuff like this.
    Just unreal that he can allude to potential violence against his opponent is beyond acceptable somebody needs to slap the orange of his face !!
    It more and more looks like he is purposefully sabotaging his campaign everyday. I'm picturing him having actual meetings about what he can say or tweet that will damage his campaign, lol. (if he actually is doing that, though, I'll give him one thing - the dude can act).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Shoot her or the judges? I read it as judges.

Either way, more crazy as fuck coming from Trump....his own worst enemy.
    dignin said:

Exactly nothing on how to beat her with concrete policy's just cryptic innuendos the guy is whacked , can't even believe many feel he could run a country !!
    PJ_Soul said:

It more and more looks like he is purposefully sabotaging his campaign everyday. I'm picturing him having actual meetings about what he can say or tweet that will damage his campaign, lol. (if he actually is doing that, though, I'll give him one thing - the dude can act).

It's what got him the primary victories. He's basically decided (if he makes actual conscious decisions) that this is the play. His ego is so needy, he just feeds off the audience. He gets a bunch of wild cheers and decides it was a successful event, regardless of how the rest of America feels about it. Staying on script is obviously boring.
    edited August 2016

dignin said:

Exactly nothing on how to beat her with concrete policy's just cryptic innuendos the guy is whacked , can't even believe many feel he could run a country !!
    Someone I know IRL said the other day that he supports Trump (first person I've known personally to say that). I was shocked because he's both Canadian and an intelligent person. I asked him why, and first he said it's because he supports his policies. :tired_face: When I asked how he could make that statement, since Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about, he said he meant it's because he supports the Republican Party (and their policies in general I guess). :confused: Say what? I asked him why he thinks supporting Trump, who is busy destroying the Republican Party and doesn't present policies that the Republican Party stands for for the most part, means that he is supporting the Republican Party. He said he didn't have time to talk about it anymore and changed the subject. In other words, he couldn't answer. Honestly, my feelings about this person have changed. Anyone who can see all the insane things that Trump says and still do anything other than be disgusted has real issues IMO. There is something wrong with them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

Someone I know IRL said the other day that he favours Trump (first person I've known personally to say that). I was shocked because he's both Canadian and an intelligent person. I asked him why, and first he said it's because he support his policies. :tired_face: When I asked wtf he was even talking about, since Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about, he said he meant it's because he supports the Republican Party (and their policies in general). :confused: Say what? I asked him why he thinks supporting Trump, who is busy destroying the Republican Party and doesn't present policies that the Republican Party stands for for the most part, means that he is supporting the Republican Party. He said he didn't have time to talk about it anymore and changed the subject. In other words, he couldn't answer. Honestly, my feelings about this person have changed. Anyone who can see all the insane things that Trump says and still do anything other than be disgusted has real issues IMO. There is something wrong with them.
    Unreal they'd rather hand the keys over to a nut job who clearly is not qualified for the job I'm not saying HRC would be my ideal choice but but c'mon it's not debatable any more !
    Totally agree, and I don't see how it matters if you lean left or right anymore. To support Trump just because you don't like anyone else still seems completely insane and ridiculous to me. I just don't get it. They may as well be in support of Carrot Top or maybe some Taliban leader for President. That would make about as much sense.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    As much as I think Trump is dangerous and irresponsible and unfit for the presidency, I honestly believe he was not insinuating that HRC be shot. This is just the way the guy speaks. Always in very vague terms that aren't always clear. I really think he was saying as he stated later, that they need to unify for influence. He was speaking, previous to the comment in question, in context of her appointed judges taking away their second Ammendment rights, but you dont see the full quote on most liberal news sources.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Trump.

Trump, Trump, Trump.

:angry:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

As much as I think Trump is dangerous and irresponsible and unfit for the presidency, I honestly believe he was not insinuating that HRC be shot. This is just the way the guy speaks. Always in very vague terms that aren't always clear. I really think he was saying as he stated later, that they need to unify for influence. He was speaking, previous to the comment in question, in context of her appointed judges taking away their second Ammendment rights, but you dont see the full quote on most liberal news sources.

But he was clearly talking about what action could be taken once she was elected...

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    dignin said:

When Trump started gaining momentum, I used to go to news pages with feelings of dread as his mug would be splashed around. So these recent weeks have been pure gold and I look forward to what he said each day! Bring me more!
This discussion has been closed.