Trump

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,538

not many people here, GF, are HRC supporters (except maybe Kat) as far as I can tell. They are trump detractors. He is a dangerous person for your country and for the stability of the world, politically, economically, add in any "-ally" and it probably applies. HRC is a politician. does she lie? most probably. I don't know you can get to the highest office in the world without lying here and there, possibly constantly.

is he a successful business man? yes, no matter how much help he had in the beginning, you don't get and stay rich through luck. but he is so woefully ignorant on global issues and how to deal with them it's flabbergasting. not to mention domestic issues. he really honestly believes when he will be at the negotiating table, he won't be at the table, he will be at the desk facing the table, running the show. the rest of the world is laughing at America right now. I'm not saying that to be mean, it really is true. Not many outside of the US can understand the support for this buffoon. it really doesn't seem real to most of us.

but trump is a dangerous, divisive, bigotted nutjob. he caters to the lowest in us all; our fear, our negativity, our stereotyping, our racism. some are buying it, most are not. it's really all in how it's being reported. he doesn't have near the support that many think he has. am I surprised he got this far? SHOCKED AS FUCK. But he won't win. you can't win in this day and age on his ideologies. there has been too much progress and that shows what the american people really want. they will come out in droves and he will be demolished.

calling everyone who is a democrat/liberal a sheep or "wearing blinders" is, quite simply, a lazy argument. everyone knows what they are getting with HRC. fortunately, we all also know what we'd get with Trump.

as usual, the voice reason, but my concern is with all the shenanigans Hillary has pulled of and gotten away with and the people here refuse to see it, I'll admit I have a bad dislike for Clinton because of the things she's been involved in and ability to avoid legal prosecution.
    my reason to support Trump is because all these low budget accusations true or not don't even come close to the history of Hillary Clinton
    so if she was a republican this place would go mad with accusations of murder and political abuse...shit she'd make Bush look like a quire boy. by the way have read another foe of Hillary's has died.

Godfather.

Or write me in. I don't have a lot of experience but here's what I can promise you:

I will not lie. Ever.

I will listen and learn.

I will encourage Americans to participate in Democracy.

I will make global warming, pollution and threats to a healthy biodiversity a major priority.

I will make adding critical thinking to our educational system a top priority.

I will push for a minimum wage that is a living wage and make allowances for small businesses to pay students and elderly who just need to supplement there income to pay less than minimum wages for part-time worker.

I will do my best to help other countries become strong and independent rather than be weak and dependent.

I will encourage federal government to keep its nose out of marijuana issues.

I will ask Pearl Jam, Dinosaur Jr, Neil Young and Willie Nelson to play at my inaugural party and you are all invited.

I've always been impressed with how Stone addressed congress over the Ticketmaster issue, therefor I will offer Stone a cabinet position.

And every Friday will be pizza Friday, drinks on the house, the White House that is.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    Stone Carpenter Gossard, the name alone just SCREAMS cabinet position, does it not? Like it was etched in stone.

I also like your stance on pizza and free drinks.

You've given me something to consider, Mr. Lux.

Stone Carpenter Gossard, the name alone just SCREAMS cabinet position, does it not? Like it was etched in stone.

I also like your stance on pizza and free drinks.

You've given me something to consider, Mr. Lux.

Go Stoney!

Yeah, how can you beat pizza and drinks on the house, right?!

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Sorry brian, can't write you in. I'd probably lose my job by the end of your term.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Are you Stone's guitar tech, dfk?

Sorry brian, can't write you in. I'd probably lose my job by the end of your term.

Hey, not so! I would move you "up the ladder"! :wink:

You're a natural, Brian. :)

You're a natural, Brian. :)

Thank you, OffSheGoes. I must maintain my composure here. Us presidential hopefuls must never be seen blushing!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

not many people here, GF, are HRC supporters (except maybe Kat) as far as I can tell. They are trump detractors. He is a dangerous person for your country and for the stability of the world, politically, economically, add in any "-ally" and it probably applies. HRC is a politician. does she lie? most probably. I don't know you can get to the highest office in the world without lying here and there, possibly constantly.

is he a successful business man? yes, no matter how much help he had in the beginning, you don't get and stay rich through luck. but he is so woefully ignorant on global issues and how to deal with them it's flabbergasting. not to mention domestic issues. he really honestly believes when he will be at the negotiating table, he won't be at the table, he will be at the desk facing the table, running the show. the rest of the world is laughing at America right now. I'm not saying that to be mean, it really is true. Not many outside of the US can understand the support for this buffoon. it really doesn't seem real to most of us.

but trump is a dangerous, divisive, bigotted nutjob. he caters to the lowest in us all; our fear, our negativity, our stereotyping, our racism. some are buying it, most are not. it's really all in how it's being reported. he doesn't have near the support that many think he has. am I surprised he got this far? SHOCKED AS FUCK. But he won't win. you can't win in this day and age on his ideologies. there has been too much progress and that shows what the american people really want. they will come out in droves and he will be demolished.

calling everyone who is a democrat/liberal a sheep or "wearing blinders" is, quite simply, a lazy argument. everyone knows what they are getting with HRC. fortunately, we all also know what we'd get with Trump.

as usual, the voice reason, but my concern is with all the shenanigans Hillary has pulled of and gotten away with and the people here refuse to see it, I'll admit I have a bad dislike for Clinton because of the things she's been involved in and ability to avoid legal prosecution.
    my reason to support Trump is because all these low budget accusations true or not don't even come close to the history of Hillary Clinton
    so if she was a republican this place would go mad with accusations of murder and political abuse...shit she'd make Bush look like a quire boy. by the way have read another foe of Hillary's has died.

Godfather.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited August 2016
    This is a rather fascinating article on what is wrong with Trump supporters' brains, based on science. Long story short: their support is not based on logic or reason, and the effectiveness of Trump's fear tactics on them is addressed scientifically..... Trump supporters are basically mentally challenged. Can't argue with that. The conclusion seems to be that there is no way to change most Trump supporters' minds or to present any argument against Trump using logic or reason or fact or any intelligent points. So don't bother.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/a-neuroscientist-explains-what-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

This is a rather fascinating article on what is wrong with Trump supporters' brains, based on science. Long story short: their support is not based on logic or reason, and the effectiveness of Trump's fear tactics on them is addressed scientifically..... Trump supporters are basically mentally challenged. Can't argue with that. The conclusion seems to be that there is no way to change most Trump supporters' minds or to present any argument against Trump using logic or reason or fact or any intelligent points. So don't bother.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/a-neuroscientist-explains-what-may-be-wrong-with-trump-supporters-brains/

No problem there! :lol:

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Mentally challenged? I'm not a Trump supporter but find that comparison fairly fucked up.

Actually, not even funny.

Also, the article's so-called findings aren't even that. As "reported", they appear to be suppositions and biased.

Wow.
    I know a couple of Trump supporters and believe me you can't argue with them. And these are people whom I actually like a lot for other reasons. But I do think they are crazy for supporting Trump. And they think I'm crazy for supporting Stein. Maybe there's some truth to the notion that "We're All Bozos on this Bus".

Sorry, but I think the whole thing is funny as hell.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,857
    edited August 2016
    hedonist said:

Mentally challenged? I'm not a Trump supporter but find that comparison fairly fucked up.

Also, the article's so-called findings aren't even that. As "reported", they appear to be suppositions and biased.

Wow.

I think you're being a bit oversensitive myself, but whatever.
    I think Trump supporters deserve all the criticism they get. I've said it before and I'll say it again: anyone who supports Trump is a complete idiot.... or a huge jerk. Or both.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Wow.

I think Trump supporters deserve all the criticism they get. I've said it before and I'll system it again: anyone who supports Trump is a complete idiot.... or a huge jerk. Or both.
    It has nothing to do with (my) sensitivity. I found that the conclusions themselves - leanings in how the article was worded aside - allows for the usual double standards and some love to pounce on that.

Idiot, jerk, sure. Down with that.

Noting that there's a difference between being legitimately critical and basically calling someone "retarded" does strike me as fucked up. Fine to take my opinion however - or with a whatever - though I'll always try to clarify.

I guess that yes, in the end, it sure is funny. Kind of sad at the same time but yeah, amusing as well.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 37,526
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Wow.

I think Trump supporters deserve all the criticism they get. I've said it before and I'll system it again: anyone who supports Trump is a complete idiot.... or a huge jerk. Or both.
    I'd say all that data as "reported" suggests they are more so being manipulated than they are mantaly challenged. Whole host of reasons a person might support that blowhard.

My theory is he started his base off with ardent fans of his "reality" show. Couple that with entertainment as news and news as entertainment we see anymore kinda sets that up .

Personally I see nothing credible in his "campaign" what I suspect is this is a long con to help dimantle the GOP as it is and has been snce 08. Those other dumbfucks running show how much that party id in disarray. 17 fucking candidates? Seriously? Perhaps this is the natural neccessary order of things to get that party back to its willing compromise fiscal conservatism focused self. Tea Party wave folks are not running again or have been primaried out.

What I am fairly sure of is these most faithful to him , have been long listening to talking heads offering little more than skewed opinion offered as fact.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I very recently talked to a recently become former Trump supporter. A little more sanity in the world. Glad to have it.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    brianlux said:

Godfather.

Or write me in. I don't have a lot of experience but here's what I can promise you:

I will not lie. Ever.

I will listen and learn.

I will encourage Americans to participate in Democracy.

I will make global warming, pollution and threats to a healthy biodiversity a major priority.

I will make adding critical thinking to our educational system a top priority.

I will push for a minimum wage that is a living wage and make allowances for small businesses to pay students and elderly who just need to supplement there income to pay less than minimum wages for part-time worker.

I will do my best to help other countries become strong and independent rather than be weak and dependent.

I will encourage federal government to keep its nose out of marijuana issues.

I will ask Pearl Jam, Dinosaur Jr, Neil Young and Willie Nelson to play at my inaugural party and you are all invited.

I've always been impressed with how Stone addressed congress over the Ticketmaster issue, therefor I will offer Stone a cabinet position.

And every Friday will be pizza Friday, drinks on the house, the White House that is.

you got it Amigo !

Godfather.

Godfather.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle
    I think I'll just leave that one alone......

Godfather.

Godfather.

You're right in my case, GF. If Hillary was a Republican candidate, I'd give her non-stop hell. However, this is bizarro world. Maybe in a parallel universe I'm fighting the good fight, and getting the added luxury of making fun of how school-marmish she has seemed in recent videos.
    is this the craziest election period ever or what ? or am I just paying more attention than I did in the 70's and 80's...shit if I couldn't turn it up and shake the windows it was meaningless to me ! LOL !!!

Godfather.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Indianapolis Posts: 19,318
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politics/evan-mcmullin-conservative-trump-clinton/index.html

Interesting....Joe Scarborough was reporting this early today. This is truly an effort to prevent Trump...not anti Hillary.
    Conservative Republicans have recruited a former CIA staffer and top House GOP aide to launch an independent White House bid against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

Evan McMullin is expected to formally enter the race soon, a source close to the recruiting effort told CNN Monday. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because the formal paperwork has not been completed yet.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Has anyone else noticed that Trump is keeping his mouth shut? Looks like he is finally listening to someone in hopes of stopping his downward plunge.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/#plus

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,451
    how the hell could someone believe they could enter the race now and actually have a chance?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's gonna be huge. It's gonna be the best data release ever. You can count on that. You can count on that.
    edited August 2016

how the hell could someone believe they could enter the race now and actually have a chance?

They don't...they will only be set up in like 24 states. It's strictly an anti-Trump movement.

Edit: I'm thinking Romney must be behind it somewhere.

Godfather.

You're right in my case, GF. If Hillary was a Republican candidate, I'd give her non-stop hell. However, this is bizarro world. Maybe in a parallel universe I'm fighting the good fight, and getting the added luxury of making fun of how school-marmish she has seemed in recent videos.
    is this the craziest election period ever or what ? or am I just paying more attention than I did in the 70's and 80's...shit if I couldn't turn it up and shake the windows it was meaningless to me ! LOL !!!

Godfather.

It has to be the craziest ever, Godfather! And the ride isn't over!

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Will Trump make it to November? I still have a hard time thinking he wants to be president. He just keeps saying batshit crazy stuff, he must know how to conduct himself properly, I assume he's been in many business meetings with many people's of different nationalities ... either way he just handed the election to the democrats I would say. America's loss in the end. Elections should be about the exchange of ideas and vision for the future of the country, not a name calling contest ... to bad politicians couldn't campaign on their ideas and vision for the country and never mention their opponents name.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    brianlux said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

It has to be the craziest ever, Godfather! And the ride isn't over!
    ohhh yea ! I have a feeling that Hillary will suffer medical problems maybe a stroke, in my uneducated medical opinion she is showing signs of an on-coming stroke or heart attack and no I am not wishing that on her I'd never hope or wish anybody to suffer that way not even her
    and Trump will never see the oval office unless he is there by invitation from the president.....this new guy could tap dance his way in by default maybe ? Trump has nothing to loose by not winning no matter what he has brought to attention the political scandals that are going on and climbed as high any business man could hope to do in his life, winning the election would just be another chapter in his life and who knows he might do a great job while he's there, my main concern is how America survives this political circus there are so many weak areas that need attention and left unrepaired could be major trouble for Americans in general.

Godfather.

Jason P said:

It's gonna be huge. It's gonna be the best data release ever. You can count on that. You can count on that.

wouldn't that be funny if Hillary was shown being walked out of her home in handcuffs LOL ! MEDIA FEEDING FRENZY !!!!!!

Godfather.
This discussion has been closed.