Trump

Comments

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519

So is Trump trying to dodge the debates like he is avoiding releasing his taxes?
    Or is he just a 'yuge' NFL fan?

Sort of like Cliton avoiding Bernie at the end of primary season?

Cue Billy Joel...
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,308

So is Trump trying to dodge the debates like he is avoiding releasing his taxes?

Sort of like Cliton avoiding Bernie at the end of primary season?

Cue Billy Joel...
    You mean like the NY debate that propelled him to a primary win?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,557

Apparently he (or his staff) are busy looking for a stand in for prepping for the debates. (I feel some humorous responses to this idea coming on!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    What part of this is untrue when Donald says from the article
    He doesn't know anything about me," Trump said. "But he never had the guts to run. He probably wished he did but he didn't. He spent millions of dollars on polling but he was missing one thing: guts

insert Trump smiling pic here
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    So the prerequisite for having guts is running for president?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

I would say that should be on the list yes.
    I see what you did there
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

So just about every person on the face of the planet has no guts. Just the federal leaders of nations who are still alive and those who made an attempt at it. Interesting.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJ_Soul said:

I see what you did there
    How about not avoiding the draft due to bone spurs on one of his feet... he couldn't remember which one. Is that guts?
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

So just about every person on the face of the planet has no guts. Just the federal leaders of nations who are still alive and those who made an attempt at it. Interesting.
    Your not getting my point. Trump is talking about Bloomberg not running but yapping his mouth instead.
    Bloomberg is on a lower level but wants to get higher. Step up big man.

insert a pic of Donald playing golf here
  • mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I see what you did there
    How about not avoiding the draft due to bone spurs on one of his feet... he couldn't remember which one. Is that guts?
    This is a circular argument that leads to all kinds of famous democrats that avoided the draft as well.
    Too many to name.

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I see what you did there
    This is a circular argument that leads to all kinds of famous democrats that avoided the draft as well.
    Too many to name.
    They aren't running on being a bad ass... that's the difference.
    edited July 2016
    BTW - I do like your "insert pic" deal. That's pretty funny.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460

He doesn't know anything about me," Trump said. "But he never had the guts to run. He probably wished he did but he didn't. He spent millions of dollars on polling but he was missing one thing: guts

I think you missed the major point of that story which was the dismissal of Mr. Khan and a very selfish reply by the orange one.
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I see what you did there
    Too many to name.
    That's true.
    But since he is on an open stage running for POTUS all bets are off and anything he has done can be brought up publicly.
    Many other famous draft dodgers (never did like that term) use/d their voice, skills in other ways.
    Having a bad ass POTUS I think is due. He has successfully demonstrated that he is/won't be part of the system that wanted to send him to war.

• What part of this is untrue when Donald says from the article

I think you missed the major point of that story which was the dismissal of Mr. Khan and a very selfish reply by the orange one.
    If that was a major point then what a failure on the columnist to convey that point.
    Mr, Khan has nothing to do with politics but Bloomberg was included in this "story".
    Hmmm
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I see what you did there
    Too many to name.
    That's true.
    But since he is on an open stage running for POTUS all bets are off and anything he has done can be brought up publicly.
    Many other famous draft dodgers (never did like that term) use/d their voice, skills in other ways.
    Having a bad ass POTUS I think is due. He has successfully demonstrated that he is/won't be part of the system that wanted to send him to war.

I have absolutely no problem with draft dodgers. But Trump brings this kind of criticism to himself. First, he wasn't really a dodger. He was excuse for medical reasons. I assume people think he kind of wormed his way out through his connections. There is something unappealing about a silver spoon wriggling out of it without any risk of consequences while most dodgers actually risked their freedom to get out of that disgusting draft. Trump likes to call himself gutsy, but there was nothing gutsy or badass about how he skipped Vietnam. Also, if he's going to skip the war by using his privilege, and if he's going to babble about helping vets even though he never had a damned thing to do with them until it helped his win a nomination, then he should at least not fucking suggest that a POW deserves less respect than other soldiers. Trump has open invited everyone to load up on the insults towards him in this matter. And he acts self-righteous about it.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

That "being a republican magically gives him guts" logic typical of pjfan.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

That's PJfans pattern. S/he doesn't respond directly, just a side step and a reroute of the subject.
  • What part of this is untrue when Donald says from the article

That's PJfans pattern. S/he doesn't respond directly, just a side step and a reroute of the subject.
    The article had two major talking points and I chose one to talk about.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

The article had two major talking points and I chose one to talk about.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQZqJ_-WAO8
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I typically don't respond to personal posts but I will make an exception this time.
    I am so glad that I live in a country where I don't have to be a republican or a democrat.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I typically don't respond to personal posts but I will make an exception this time.
    I am so glad that I live in a country where I don't have to be a republican or a democrat.
    You just did what I said is your pattern. Indirect response with a shift.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

You just did what I said is your pattern. Indirect response with a shift.
    I guess this is how Trump speaks to me.
    And millions of others.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,557
    myoung321 said:

:rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,396
    And tonight he said Kahn had no right to say what he did on Thursday.

Trump...doing all he can to void out his convention bump.
    www.myspace.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Those of you who support drumpf.....this should make you proud....

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_579d0bb5e4b08a8e8b5e57d1
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,396

Those of you who support drumpf.....this should make you proud....

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_579d0bb5e4b08a8e8b5e57d1

What an idiot
    www.myspace.com
    He is a moron. He made it through one statement okay but as he was asked more, his lack of patience and discipline come through. Here's what a normal person says, courtesy of Rod Dreher

I cannot imagine the pain of what Mr. and Mrs. Khan have been going through since losing their son. I honor their patriotism, and regret that they have allowed the Clinton campaign to exploit their heroic son’s death and their own grief. What I would tell them is this: as Commander in Chief, Donald Trump will not send any more sons and daughters of America to fight and die in unnecessary wars.

Of course a normal person never says what led Mr. Khan to the stage, but still. ..
This discussion has been closed.