Trump

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,869
    lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

I know there not comparable ... 2 lived their off the public through lies at the trough. 2 of the most vile people on earth

Trump was in the trough more than Clinton. Bankruptcy is the rich man's welfare....he had more than his fair share.
    Aren't bankruptcy laws federal? If so there been plenty of opportunities by both sides to change the laws. I'm not a trump supporter ... all politicians are joke, but more so career ones are the worst. And that's why a trump presidency would be hoot...
    Of course they are federal. And I don't think anyone is arguing that BK laws are not appropriate and help people take a chance on business without exposing all of their personal assets. But filing bankruptcy is not exactly the sign of a savvy businessman. They also lever creditors with debt and that cost of credit gets passed onto other businesses.
    I agree with you there ... so there all at the trough of some sort. Still don't think trump wants to be president ... or he wouldnt say crazy shit ...
    They're = they are
    Their = the third person plural possessive adjective, used to describe something as belong to them
    There =
    1. Adverb that means the opposite of "here"

He’s over there.

Stop right there.

Do you want to sit here or there?

2. Pronoun that introduces a noun or clause.

There is something strange going on.

Is there a phone?

3. Adjective that emphasizes which person.

That guy there seems to be in trouble.

Those there look good.

4. Noun that means "that place."

From there, we drove to Boston.

I’m not going in there

Seriously not trying to be a grammar Nazi or an asshole, but you rarely use any of these correctly, so I just thought you might be able to benefit from this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2016
    mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

I know there not comparable ... 2 lived their off the public through lies at the trough. 2 of the most vile people on earth

Trump was in the trough more than Clinton. Bankruptcy is the rich man's welfare....he had more than his fair share.
    Aren't bankruptcy laws federal? If so there been plenty of opportunities by both sides to change the laws. I'm not a trump supporter ... all politicians are joke, but more so career ones are the worst. And that's why a trump presidency would be hoot...
    Of course they are federal. And I don't think anyone is arguing that BK laws are not appropriate and help people take a chance on business without exposing all of their personal assets. But filing bankruptcy is not exactly the sign of a savvy businessman. They also lever creditors with debt and that cost of credit gets passed onto other businesses.
    A savvy businessman who has multiple businesses is able to recognize when a certain business is not succeeding and takes advantage of bankruptcy laws to limit losses. The setup of every business involves risk and not every business opportunity will pan out. The savvy businessman on the whole though has more wins then losses and mitigates risk by using the law.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
    Yeah, that should work really well. When Trump declares America bankrupt, everyone can applaud his savvy political decisions. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

A savvy businessman who has multiple business is able to recognize when a certain business is not succeeding and takes advantage of bankruptcy laws to limit losses. The setup of every business involves risk and not every business opportunity will pan out. The savvy businessman on the whole though has more wins then losses and mitigates risk by using the law.
    There are many things that a savvy business person will do that are immoral in their own right, and would be disastrous, disgusting, and more than immoral if they were done by a government executive.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that should work really well. When Trump declares America bankrupt, everyone can applaud his savvy political decisions. ;)

America is bankrupt. Wake up.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,858
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bankrupt like Greece?
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bankrupt and in debt are not the same, you know that. Part of the joke was that bankruptcy is not really relevant to geopolitical economics.
    eddiec said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Bankrupt like Greece?
    Puerto Rico. Pay attention people.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

I agree with you there ... so there all at the trough of some sort. Still don't think trump wants to be president ... or he wouldnt say crazy shit ...
    They're = they are
    Their = the third person plural possessive adjective, used to describe something as belong to them
    There =

He’s over there.

Stop right there.

Is there a phone?

Those there look good.

I’m not going in there

Seriously not trying to be a grammar Nazi or an asshole, but you rarely use any of these correctly, so I just thought you might be able to benefit from this.
    Listen PJ_Soul. Their is know weigh that the usage of these words makes any difference in you're ability two understand me. In fact, there probably even more clear then be four.

Christ...
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

A savvy businessman who has multiple business is able to recognize when a certain business is not succeeding and takes advantage of bankruptcy laws to limit losses. The setup of every business involves risk and not every business opportunity will pan out. The savvy businessman on the whole though has more wins then losses and mitigates risk by using the law.
    There are many things that a savvy business person will do that are immoral in their own right, and would be disastrous, disgusting, and more than immoral if they were done by a government executive.
    This is precisely right. Running a business and running a government are two totally separate thing. A business exists to maximize the value of their shareholders or stakeholders. A government exists to protect its people (physically and fiscally). Now fair people can argue about the role of that gov't (laissez-faire up to communism), but a gov't balance sheet is not a P&L statement.
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No it isn't. Wake up. Trump has threatened to declare bankruptcy which is borderline retarded, economically speaking...
    mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

This is precisely right. Running a business and running a government are two totally separate thing. A business exists to maximize the value of their shareholders or stakeholders. A government exists to protect its people (physically and fiscally). Now fair people can argue about the role of that gov't (laissez-faire up to communism), but a gov't balance sheet is not a P&L statement.
    Except the people are shareholders and a bad balance sheet will hurt them all.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

No it isn't. Wake up. Trump has threatened to declare bankruptcy which is borderline retarded, economically speaking...
    Believe me that I am not politically correct but I have a slight problem with that word. Now back to the topic at hand...your debt is out of control and if you don't get a handle on it soon it will crush you. Canada had the same problem in the 90's until the Liberals decided to slay it. My province has the same problem now...we're going the way of Illinois and California. What can't go on forever won't. Nobody can outrun math.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

No again. A gov running a balanced budget, breaking even is a wonderful thing. A business would likely shut down if it was running even.. or its PE owner would lever it with debt and then file BK.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

A savvy businessman who has multiple businesses is able to recognize when a certain business is not succeeding and takes advantage of bankruptcy laws to limit losses. The setup of every business involves risk and not every business opportunity will pan out. The savvy businessman on the whole though has more wins then losses and mitigates risk by using the law.
    When a businessmen relies on the government safety net if things don't go well, it's "savvy". When an individual relies on a government safety net when things don't go well, you also say that person's savvy?
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Believe me that I am not politically correct but I have a slight problem with that word. Now back to the topic at hand...your debt is out of control and if you don't get a handle on it soon it will crush you. Canada had the same problem in the 90's until the Liberals decided to slay it. My province has the same problem now...we're going the way of Illinois and California. What can't go on forever won't. Nobody can outrun math.
    Well that is what happens when people decide they want a capitalist system. Capitalism is simply not sustainable because it relies on constant significant growth to be successful, with is impossible in the long run.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

When a businessmen relies on the government safety net if things don't go well, it's "savvy". When an individual relies on a government safety net when things don't go well, you also say that person's savvy?
    Just like when a business person like Trump stiffs his contractors he is savvy, what would it be called if the government did the same?
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well that is what happens when people decide they want a capitalist system. Capitalism is simply not sustainable because it relies on constant significant growth to be successful, with is impossible in the long run.
    Eh.. I have to disagree with you here. Capitalism has nothing to do with our debt. It's an out of control entitlement system + aging baby boomers + expansionist military + too low marginal tax rates (including cap gains taxes). The system is producing enough GDP to pay for a better managed gov.

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

There are many individuals who take advantage of government safety nets both in good times and bad. I would consider them to be very savvy for knowing how to use these laws legally to their advantage. It is up to legislatures to decide whether the safety nets they created, for business and/or individuals, are on the whole good.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

No again. A gov running a balanced budget, breaking even is a wonderful thing. A business would likely shut down if it was running even.. or its PE owner would lever it with debt and then file BK.
    This is irrelevant because the government's goal is different.
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

There are many individuals who take advantage of government safety nets both in good times and bad. I would consider them to be very savvy for knowing how to use these laws legally to their advantage. It is up to legislatures to decide whether the safety nets they created, for business and/or individuals, are on the whole good.
    And this is a true statement too. Just like a policy at work, laws will never be 100% perfect to cover all possible scenarios and the spirit in which you intended. I have no qualms with the BK laws (I even like the BK reforms from 2006 or so), I'm just saying it doesn't show Trump to be savvy to me. And the use of them is a reflection of his attorneys more so than him.
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

wow.
    Pretty common idea man. Constant growth is not sustainable. Nothing "wow" about it.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

lukin2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

They're = they are
    There =

He’s over there.

Stop right there.

Is there a phone?

Those there look good.

I’m not going in there

Listen PJ_Soul. Their is know weigh that the usage of these words makes any difference in you're ability two understand me. In fact, there probably even more clear then be four.

Christ...
    That was funny
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

That was exactly my premise. Running a gov't and business are two different things. Their end goals are different.
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Just like when a business person like Trump stiffs his contractors he is savvy, what would it be called if the government did the same?
    Intelligence. Take the Obamacare website for example. What an absolute piece of garbage on creation. Contractors continued to over promise and under deliver while the costs skyrocket. Maybe one of those well connected companies should have been stiffed. The same thing happens with every road, bridge, military project etc and nobody in government does a damn thing about it.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

That was exactly my premise. Running a gov't and business are two different things. Their end goals are different.
    That doesn't mean they can't operate by the same principles.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Back to my original statement.... a business exists to maximize shareholder value. This is not the case for gov't. I feel like we are in a circle...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Substitute "shitty" for "savvy" and you might have something.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Back to my original statement.... a business exists to maximize shareholder value. This is not the case for gov't. I feel like we are in a circle...
    We are in a circle. The government can still try to maximize value for it's citizens who are it's shareholders but it's goal is not simply balance sheets as per your comment "a business would likely shut down if it was running even". A government can run a surplus which would clearly be beneficial to it's shareholders but as long as it runs even on a relative basis AND provides it's people with an acceptable degree of services/safety/etc. then it would considered to be a success.
This discussion has been closed.