Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Trump didn't accept the resignation, which is ironic considering the phrase he is famous for.

You mean she offered her resignation and Trump didn't accept it? As in he wants her to keep writing speeches for him?? What the fuck?
    Well now that this has happened she will be under more scrutiny than ever to make sure this doesn't happen again right?
    Now where have I heard this before.....
    She will be, but this isn't the same as someone being careless with email security in the course of doing her job. A speech writer who plagiarizes a speech is a whole different ball game. That is very specifically and purposefully cheating at the ONLY thing she is paid to do.
    This is all fine and dandy.
    Do you agree that Michelle Obama plagiarized parts of her speech?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,747
    I already answered you. I don't understand what you are doing right now. Do you think you're being funny, or are you trying to make some kind of point?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I already answered you. I don't understand what you are doing right now. Do you think you're being funny, or are you trying to make some kind of point?

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

:neutral:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Trump didn't accept the resignation, which is ironic considering the phrase he is famous for.

You mean she offered her resignation and Trump didn't accept it? As in he wants her to keep writing speeches for him?? What the fuck?
    Well now that this has happened she will be under more scrutiny than ever to make sure this doesn't happen again right?
    Now where have I heard this before.....
    She will be, but this isn't the same as someone being careless with email security in the course of doing her job. A speech writer who plagiarizes a speech is a whole different ball game. That is very specifically and purposefully cheating at the ONLY thing she is paid to do.
    This is all fine and dandy.
    he has a point...
  • Options
    I don't know wtf either one of you are talking about.

Anyway, now there is the question of whether or not the cheating speech writer even exists. :lol:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/20/who-is-meredith-mciver-the-trump-staffer-who-took-the-fall-for-melanias-speech/#comments
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Anyway, now there is the question of whether or not the cheating speech writer even exists. :lol:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/20/who-is-meredith-mciver-the-trump-staffer-who-took-the-fall-for-melanias-speech/#comments

So now this phantom speech writer is to blame for Michelle Obama and her plagiarized speech?
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    PJ_Soul said:

She's good friends with John Baron.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304

PJ_Soul said:

She's good friends with John Baron.
    haha
  • Options
    Good for Ted Cruz. I am no fan of his but I respect the hell out of him for this non endorsement speech tonight. Easily the the best part of the convention so far
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

Good for Ted Cruz. I am no fan of his but I respect the hell out of him for this non endorsement speech tonight. Easily the the best part of the convention so far

And Kasich...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Why do you guys care about what they say about Trump?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Because it keeps the votes divided for one, and second, I'd like to have two rational and sane parties. The GOP has lost that. Perhaps if a few leaders keep their principles, then the party can rebuild.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,653
    edited July 2016

I agree and that was a good kickoff for 2020. That said, the prospect of a Cruz presidency is a very very scary thing. Dude is as right and religious as a politician can get
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Because he's running for president
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Because it keeps the votes divided for one, and second, I'd like to have two rational and sane parties. The GOP has lost that. Perhaps if a few leaders keep their principles, then the party can rebuild.
    Which one was rational and which one was sane?
  • Options

I agree and that was a good kickoff for 2020. That said, the prospect of a Cruz presidency is a very very scary thing. Dude is as right and religious as a politician can get
    True. As far as political theater goes, though, it doesn't get much better than that speech. I mean up until the last five minutes you still didn't know if he was going to endorse. He even mentioned the stupid wall. And then Newt had to come on and do some damage contAwesome stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

So now this phantom speech writer is to blame for Michelle Obama and her plagiarized speech?
    What in the hell are you talking about? What weird new troll tactic is this? It makes no sense.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Why do you ask stupid strawmen questions?
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

He's more like Pence than Trump.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Remember how you couldn't wait to hear what Scott Baio had to say on Monday? That was funny.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Clusterfuckery at its finest!

Please pass the potatoes.
  • Options

True. As far as political theater goes, though, it doesn't get much better than that speech. I mean up until the last five minutes you still didn't know if he was going to endorse. He even mentioned the stupid wall. And then Newt had to come on and do some damage contAwesome stuff.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. It was great.
  • Options
    Political malpractice and a shitshow... that's what the Cruz thing was. How does Trump provide a prime time speaking spot when he was told by Cruz, that he would not be endorsing Trump. What kind of idiot does such a thing? This guy is a political neophyte and will get eaten up on the world stage. He has so many unforced errors, I'm embarrassed for him.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    i just saw Ted Cruz.speech...oh boy..hahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936
    hedonist said:

Clusterfuckery at its finest!

Please pass the potatoes.

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

PJ_Soul said:

another good point...
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

another good point...
    No it's not. That is false equivalency. Using common nouns and adjectives in concert is not plagiarism. Hard + work is not the same as stringing together two complete sentences that are 99% identical to the first lady's speech.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

And Kasich...
    Which one was rational and which one was sane?
    You're pretty bad at this trolling thing...
This discussion has been closed.